Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,765 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Where To Build A Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where To Build A Career (585 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Build A Career by nwawuweneonye: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2013
I hold a Diploma, Bachelor n a Masters degree all in Economics.I'm a banker, I've been working for d past 5 years now. I'm seriously considering running a Ph.D with specifics in Econometrics by september.

THE PROBLEM: because of d volatility of d banking Sector, the insecurity though I have survived several storms, I have on daily basis continually ask myself what and where exactly I want to build my career. It may be relatively easy to joggle around jobs and decisions but you will agree with me that as one advances, it becomes difficult to move inbetween jobs. Contributions/advise should come from independent persons alone. Students and apprentices should please stay clear. You guys still have a long way to go.
Re: Where To Build A Career by nwawuweneonye: 2:41am On Mar 24, 2013
Can't u guys advice someone. If it had something to do cellebrity, everyone would have had one or two things to blab about[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Where To Build A Career by 234GT(m): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2013
Follow your heart. As a banker, I understand the level of insecurity of the job, but when running from insecurity, one must pray not to run to more insecurity.
I know a banker who left banking for oil and gas. Lo and behold, the oil company had problems and he was laid off seven months after joining them.
So follow your heart and hope for the best.
Re: Where To Build A Career by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
nwawuweneonye: Can't u guys advice someone. If it had something to do cellebrity, everyone would have had one or two things to blab about[/color][color=#000099]
That's a bit uncalled for. Let's leave that aside.
You speak in 'high level language'. I mean your question is nebulous. Be more specific. With your years of exposure, I expect a more focused question that will be easier for contributors to help. If not, you will get vague answers too.
Re: Where To Build A Career by butta(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
You have answered part of your question already by saying as ONE ADVANCES IT iS DiFFiCuLt to Move BETween jobs. My opinion on dis is u can make a career out of ur banking job now and bear all consequnces of d aftermath or u bail out of that sector now into d unknown. These days the patient Dog gets nothing and go home hungry .

(1) (Reply)

Social Work Calling. / Lecturing Vs Pension Fund Administrator / You Need Confidence To Succeed At Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.