Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:11 PM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> (59392 Views)

Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
oluseyiabodunde: Seriously, I don't know why dere is a huge buzz about dis issue. There are 3 modes of payment in jumia, web pay, cash on delivery and bank payment. Every logical person in Nigeria who understands that e commerce is very new in our country will opt for the cash on delivery option. Which is safer for both the buyer and jumia. I always choose cash on delivery because I can verify my goods b4 paying. Even d delivery men come along with pos machine 4 those who don't carry raw cash around.
PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELVES B4 GOING VIRAL

Stop sounding as a duller jor, the cash on delivery is not for every location... did you even know how their website look like
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by informatix: 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
without fradulent poeple like you there wouldnt be fraudulent jumia.com. Which Tablet sells for 26k?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

Amazon has physical logistics centers scattered around

Is physical store d same as physical logistics centre
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
jt2010:

Is physical store d same as physical logistics centre

The issue is that you claimed that Amazon has no physical presence
And FYI, Amazon will soon open stores in some cities in the US where customers can fulfill their orders similar to the argos model
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ndigbo: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
jt2010:

OP, your post above is just a waste of space and bandwidth, so your background as a promoter of eCommerce is to give excuse for poor services delivery abi... so stating fact d ways it happen or sharing experiences is rubbishing their reputation. What we are doing for them (Jumia) is to make they improve their services unlike you that is not ready to tell them the truth.
1000 likes.
don't mind the poster.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mitchyy(f): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
E-commerce works wonderfully well with sites like Dealdey and Konga. I've never had a single issue with them. The only time I had an issue with dealdey giving me the wrong color of bag different from what I purchased, they refunded my wallet within 24hrs.
E-commerce works in Nigeria, but only with some brands. So u gats to shine ur eye
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

The issue is that you claimed that Amazon has no physical presence
And FYI, Amazon will soon open stores in some cities in the US where customers can fulfill their orders similar to the argos model

OP, Looking through my posts, and clearly quote me where i said Amazon has no physical-presence, what i said is no physical store been a business model... Please list Amazon physical store that you know and spare me the story about Amazon establishing physical store in the near future, it is an escape route-line tongue kiss undecided
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by oluseyiabodunde: 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
4llerbuntu: These Jumia pple are so funny.

its written all over their site that delivery is free within lagos.

i try to order, on checkout theres a ₦500 charge for delivery. grin grin grin grin

anyways, i guess the payment on delivery option is the way forward
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Engineer96(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fellow NLs,
Plz assist me as well. On 6th of January, I bought a novel(book) from amazon and on 7th of january, my Africard was debited for the worth of the good including transportation and handling which is more than 200%. The same day, I received an email from amazon telling me that the good has been shipped and that I will receive the puchased novel on 19th of february. I waited till march 16th. I did not receive the said product and so I wrote to them. They replied telling me to wait till march 15th after which I should write to them again.
Today is march 21st and I have not received the said novel from amazon
What do I do. Kindly advice me.
Thanks.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by okwanuzor(f): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
i bought and paid online for a sandal on jumai and till now no call to acknowledge my payment and i dont even know when they will deliver my sandal.its really frustrating.they put so muc resources on adverts but thier services is zero.make dem c[color=#770077][/color]on deliver or pay na corper i be ooooo
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
jt2010:

OP, Looking through my posts, and clearly quote me where i said Amazon has no physical-presence, what i said is no physical store been a business model... Please list Amazon physical store that you know and spare me the story about Amazon establishing physical store in the near future, it is an escape route-line tongue kiss undecided

tongue tongue grin cheesy
Ok..rechecked my bad
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

tongue tongue grin cheesy
Ok..rechecked my bad
grin wink
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
jt2010: grin wink

Good man but seriously amazon is trying to have a bit of more physical everyday presence
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

Good man but seriously amazon is trying to have a bit of more physical everyday presence

It will be a welcome development, sometime, we customer want to match the face-to-the voice approach... so if they do open a physical store, i do not think it will hurt their sales...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by flops: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
I am really disappointed with the quality of responses to topics nowadays.

It seems as if people just jump at the chance to post a comment and don't even take 5 minutes
to think it through.

Nothing in Nigeria is perfect, absolutely nothing. Banks, schools, restaurants, shops, nothing.

But apart from the maybe 5% of business owners in Nigeria who are actually fraudsters, the majority
are honest people, who want to provide decent service in exchange for pay.

If you are a member of this forum and you own and run your own business, then you can understand what I am saying.

Please don't jump to condemn Jumia, or Konga, or DealDey or any e commerce business in Nigeria.

It is new, and it will take time to perfect.

Consider the hundreds of people who are employed by these companies, and the hundreds of businesses they deal with.

Also consider if maybe it was your relative who set up Jumia, or konga, would you be so quick to condemn an call them
fraudsters?

Consider if maybe, your wife, or husband, or girl or guy works for Jumia.

Consider that for the every 10 bad experiences, there are 100 good ones.

I am not saying dont complain if you dont get value for your money, but spare a thought
for the business people who took the risk to set up these companies.

One day, hopefully, you too will own a company, you too will have a few customers who are disappointed with your service
and you too will deal with owning and running a company in a difficult environment like ours.

Also, before you rush to post, take an extra five minutes to think about the impact of your words.

Yes its easy to say a lot of nonsense because we are anonymous, but trust me one day you will stand
on the other side.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by papaking1(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jumia is okay, they have proven that by repaying your money
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by surveyProf(m): 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
flops:
I am really disappointed with the quality of responses to topics nowadays.

It seems as if people just jump at the chance to post a comment and don't even take 5 minutes
to think it through.

Nothing in Nigeria is perfect, absolutely nothing. Banks, schools, restaurants, shops, nothing.

But apart from the maybe 5% of business owners in Nigeria who are actually fraudsters, the majority
are honest people, who want to provide decent service in exchange for pay.

If you are a member of this forum and you own and run your own business, then you can understand what I am saying.

Please don't jump to condemn Jumia, or Konga, or DealDey or any e commerce business in Nigeria.

It is new, and it will take time to perfect.

Consider the hundreds of people who are employed by these companies, and the hundreds of businesses they deal with.

Also consider if maybe it was your relative who set up Jumia, or konga, would you be so quick to condemn an call them
fraudsters?

Consider if maybe, your wife, or husband, or girl or guy works for Jumia.

Consider that for the every 10 bad experiences, there are 100 good ones.

I am not saying dont complain if you dont get value for your money, but spare a thought
for the business people who took the risk to set up these companies.

One day, hopefully, you too will own a company, you too will have a few customers who are disappointed with your service
and you too will deal with owning and running a company in a difficult environment like ours.

Also, before you rush to post, take an extra five minutes to think about the impact of your words.

Yes its easy to say a lot of nonsense because we are anonymous, but trust me one day you will stand
on the other side.

People like you who apologize for incompetence, make nigeria what it is today!
Call them out on their Bs! You're a customer and you have a right

Instead of trying to apologize for incompetence why not appeal to the e commerce people to improve their services?

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by FXKing2012(m): 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: [/b]JUMIA DON PAY MY MONEY OOOOOO. THANK YOU NAIRALAND, AM VERY GRATEFUL. I HAVE SIX MISSED CALLS FROM THEM AFTER I OPENED THE THREAD, THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE PROCESSING IT NOW NOW. IN SHORT MY ALERT DON RING. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SOLIDARITY. NIGERIA SHALL BE BETTER STILL. BUY FROM JUMIA BUT BETTER STILL CHOOSE THE OPTION TO PAY ON DELIVERY. CASE RESOLVED.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

[b] I told you they would pay once we get started with them. I had already listed them here: www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls
I guess the heat was getting too much for them to handle.

Congrats bro!

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
FXKing2012:

I told you they would pay once we get started with them. I had already listed them here: www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls
I guess the heat was getting too much for them to handle.

Congrats bro!

good job fx!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by FXKing2012(m): 8:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

good job fx!
Thanks a million
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Everybody is talking, but nobody has even mentioned TAAFOO. Buying things from Nigerian online stores is one thing I have started avoiding. I have gotten two pairs of footwear from taafoo and to my greatest surprise one of them peeled the very day I wore it, d other one pulled from d sole. And these are things that are barely two months old. This goes to show they just sell very low quality products at outrageous prices.

Its only God that would save us.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Vanessy(f): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Online or E-commerce site that does not have physical store or shop where people can see their products is a Big Scam.

With high level of corruption and fraud in this country u expect me to shop online with my Atm card where my
Card number and Pin Number could be stolen. Thats impossible.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by tlops(m): 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?
panadol
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by LeJeun3: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
I only shop online for things I can't get in the open market!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Pleasantme: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
sleek2011: i also have similar experience, i place order with them for two items with promise of delivery within 1-3 days which take two weeks before the delivery finally arrive. guys i will recommend dressrite.biz, laurensonline.com which deliver on schedule. my experience with jumia.com is a disaster.
for me www.dressrite.biz all d way, they just included great African attire in dier collections. I really wud rate them as the no1 online clothing store in Nigeria and recommend dem anyday and anytime. Unique nd exquisite stuffs, affordable prices, on-time delivery, first class customer service, awesome integrity, etc. Frankly, av nt done any transaction wit jumia but I give dem 100percent advert wise, lol
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

The funds are taken from your card and put in holding pending when the retailer makes the request for it
If you cancel the order in sufficient time or the vendor cannot fulfill the order, they will inform the bank to return the funds
All they need to do is activate a refund request and the bank will return the funds back
My experience with online stores in the UK - they refund you in 3 days

The issue here is about business reliability and integrity

Exactly. I wonder where the former poster got his 1 week and above from. Usually, you get your refund in 3days. I shop online a lot with both debit n credit card.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by tjskii(f): 6:31am On Mar 22, 2013
Pleasantme: for me www.dressrite.biz all d way, they just included great African attire in dier collections. I really wud rate them as the no1 online clothing store in Nigeria and recommend dem anyday and anytime. Unique nd exquisite stuffs, affordable prices, on-time delivery, first class customer service, awesome integrity, etc. Frankly, av nt done any transaction wit jumia but I give dem 100percent advert wise, lol

Abeggy their things are too expensive on dressrite,checked out their menz sneakers,prices werr just outrageous
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by hubreality(m): 7:39am On Mar 22, 2013
Jumia is my best so far with online shopping in Nigeria...my advice to Jumia is to always maintain good cordial customer relationship and satisfaction.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=mjay]

you don craze grin grin

I call incessantly and was told it will take 3- 5 days I guess you dont know what ure saying. Am no stranger to online purchases bro. Not even catlantic where I buy things regularly from ebay had cause to delay either goods or payment that much. Anyway THEY FIRST TOLD ME THE PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE BEFORE I PAYED. (2) THEY ALSO TOLD ME MY REFUND WILL TAKE BETWEEN 3 TO 5 DAYS, soo I didnt make up the numbers.

I understand your frustration. I have dealt with one of the most reputable firms in the US. When the firm effects a refund, it may take the financial institution processing the refund 5 days to 3 weeks sometimes. The firm is not responsible anymore after they effect the refund. Depending on your bank, refund time varies. Be patient and you will get your money.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 8:39am On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=newken][/quote]

So he should be patient like this abi. They are simply a fraudster!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Rukky Sanda's Outfit To "DARK" Premiere / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.