Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,862 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> (59469 Views)

Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by surveyProf(m): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
bels2986: @surveyProf, thanx for ur concern. I got the refund yesterday.

You welcome!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Orikinla(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Jumia refunded my money yesterday.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by gbokukueba(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2013
If i had seen this thread i wouldnt have oder anything from them...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by davidogbonna: 9:41am On May 11, 2013
Could some1 pls put me tru on how 2 go about dis online shoping stuff on KONGA, cause i jst don't knw how 2 go about it.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by georgee(m): 7:46am On May 12, 2013
davidogbonna: Could some1 pls put me tru on how 2 go about dis online shoping stuff on KONGA, cause i jst don't knw how 2 go about it.
Guy, e berra go to any shopping Mall and pick up ur goods. KONGA is worse than Jumia. I had a terrible experience wit them. At last, i had to cancel my order. Purchased my stuffs all by myself.
Stay away from Jumia and Konga

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by saleskara: 4:24pm On May 26, 2013
Please try a shopping experience with www.kara.com.ng They have option of in-store pickup and delivery nationwide delivery
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by saleskara: 7:10am On Jun 19, 2013
hello all,
I guess a good place to check prices is www.pricecheck.com.ng
missimostate: the blame lies on you because why would someone go to jumia.com to buy something?

go to a proper shop like shoprite or samsung store...see the thing before you buy.

Jumia is funded by foreigners thats why you see their ads everywhere. nobody shops there. its useful in checking prices sha.

i dont trust any online business in 9ja.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by saleskara: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2013
Please try a shopping experience with www.kara.com.ng They have option of in-store pickup and delivery nationwide delivery
georgee:
Guy, e berra go to any shopping Mall and pick up ur goods. KONGA is worse than Jumia. I had a terrible experience wit them. At last, i had to cancel my order. Purchased my stuffs all by myself.
Stay away from Jumia and Konga
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Orikinla(m): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2013
My own case has also been resolved.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by omanifrank(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
some sensitive tinz here
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by EmmyDe25(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
DANILSA: BROS PARK WELL JOO angry ARE YOU A LEARNER OR A MUGU? WHY SHOULD YOU PAY IN ADVANCE WHEN YOU CAN PAY ON DELIVERY. I HAVE DONE A NUMBER OF DEALS WITH JUMIA INCLUDING MY PRESENT S3 AND I HAD NO ISSUE WITH ANY OF THEM.I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST SO FAR. PAY ON DELIVERY AND REJECT IF UNSATISFIED. tongue tongue tongue
How cheap are there products cos am just about to order for a laptop and i really dont know how much it will go for in an open market.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by kongalomo(m): 12:41am On Jul 12, 2013
Hmmmmmmm
All wetin una dey talk for here seff don dey fear me o
Ma heart don dey do tum-tum
Why i no quick see this thread chai i don enter am o
I just ordered 2 tabs at d rate of 45geez each yesterday making 90geez plus 3geez delivery cost total 93geez from kwara.
Hope me seff no go join queue for refund matter so?
Hmmmmmm
And pay on delivery no dey ma state.
Anybody in here ever ordered from outside lagos?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jbanj4(m): 9:54am On Jul 12, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?

There are even cheaper tablets of 20k. Just browse through Jumia's collection of android tabs.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by kongalomo(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
kongalomo: Hmmmmmmm
All wetin una dey talk for here seff don dey fear me o
Ma heart don dey do tum-tum
Why i no quick see this thread chai i don enter am o
I just ordered 2 tabs at d rate of 45geez each yesterday making 90geez plus 3geez delivery cost total 93geez from kwara.
Hope me seff no go join queue for refund matter so?
Hmmmmmm
And pay on delivery no dey ma state.
Anybody in here ever ordered from outside lagos?

All hail jumia
Got ma goods in less than 48 hours.....
Impressive
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Ojosareadebagi(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
I never believed e-commerce in Nigeria but recently, i bought a Kenwood toaster http:///products/k-mix-toaster-ttm028-yellow from Konga.com and to my surprise it was delivered to me at the stipulated time. As for me i think individual people view the same environmental stimuli in very different ways. well, I have never try Jumia.com. May be in future i will give them a try.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ayodelegrace: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2013
On a serious note, Jumia is the worst online store I have ever known.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ExoticHarriet: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hmmm lucky you oo ..mine is an order for a camera that was cancelled. Because I really love the products they had on display I ordered for another one. I am hoping they are not gonna f**k this one up too. Seriously why put up a product that's unavailable? Does anyone know anything about their pickup centres btw?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by shegunore: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nairaland i have a serious problem a sum of 12,637naira was deducted from my account by jumia ,i did a shopping with them on Friday 6th of december 2013 and they debited me twice removing 25,274naira from my account and they have refused to pay me below are the details of the two mails i have sent to them.Please help me appeal to them to pay me my money and Nigerians please be careful their are fraudster in Jumia now using your card information to deduct additional money.

Hi,
I bought two items last week friday and you guys double charged me 25,274Naira on my Lien account,Please kindly revert the changes ,i checked with my bank and they said the fault came from you guys. Below are the details of my previous transaction:
Confirmation of Online Payment
Trans. ID: 4713340101445090
Trans. Date: Friday, December 06, 2013 10:17:25 AM
Names: Bakare Holuwarshegun
Amount: 12,637.00
Currency: NGN
Email Address: odun_olusegun2000@yahoo.com
Phone Number: 08080301538
Merchant Reference: 300953937
Payment Mode: MASTERCARD

Regards,
Bakare Segun

Hi,
Have been calling for a while now in respect to the issue below how i was double charged,i have called my bank and it wasn't from them,it really look as if your site Jumia is not safe anymore to do shopping and i regret shopping with you guys.Below are the details from my account at the same time the same amount of money was deducted twice and your account department is telling me it wasn't their fault then whose fault is it,i did a shopping from your site and am being fraud :
1 13/12/2013 290605/ECART Internet Service DR 12,637.00
2 13/12/2013 PRCR/000000999999/10-12-2013 09:27:53/FE DR 12,637.00
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
I voted Jumia.. now they do this? pay on delivery never pay ATM.. NEVER NEVER NEVER
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jay44(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
av bin using jumia and av neva had any bad xperience.got most of my orders delivered in less dan 48hrs i pray it stays dis way
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ayoa123: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
When was the last time you contacted Jumia concerning this issue?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jasedu60: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
This is my honest opinion guys,

Do not Pay any company in Nigeria that doesn't accept "WowPay", because with WowPay, you can dispute your transactions up to 1month after the order/delivery {based on the company's refund policies}, you simply don't have to worry about paying online or about the person/company you are paying, "EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYING ON DELIVERY" - Some companies sell fake (I'm not saying JUMIA does), so you know you have up to 1 month {based on the company's refund policies} to use the item and you know you don't have to exchange physical cash as well as, having the confidence you can get your money back if something goes wrong.

If anyone you pay through WowPay refuse to pick your call or delay your order, simply "Dispute the Transaction" you can get up to full refund within 72hour of initiating a dispute.

With WowPay, you are simply safer, just ask the company if they accept WowPay or tell them you'll only pay via WowPay, simple!

Signup Now:
https://WowPay.com

voltron:
I voted Jumia.. now they do this? pay on delivery never pay ATM.. NEVER NEVER NEVER
jay44:
av bin using jumia and av neva had any bad xperience.got most of my orders delivered in less dan 48hrs i pray it stays dis way
ayoa123:
When was the last time you contacted Jumia concerning this issue?
shegunore:
Nairaland i have a serious problem a sum of 12,637naira was deducted from my account by jumia ,i did a shopping with them on Friday 6th of december 2013 and they debited me twice removing 25,274naira from my account and they have refused to pay me below are the details of the two mails i have sent to them.Please help me appeal to them to pay me my money and Nigerians please be careful their are fraudster in Jumia now using your card information to deduct additional money.
Hi,
I bought two items last week friday and you guys double charged me 25,274Naira on my Lien account,Please kindly revert the changes ,i checked with my bank and they said the fault came from you guys. Below are the details of my previous transaction:
Confirmation of Online Payment
Trans. ID: 4713340101445090
Trans. Date: Friday, December 06, 2013 10:17:25 AM
Names: Bakare Holuwarshegun
Amount: 12,637.00
Currency: NGN
Email Address: odun_olusegun2000@yahoo.com
Phone Number: 08080301538
Merchant Reference: 300953937
Payment Mode: MASTERCARD
Regards,
Bakare Segun
Hi,
Have been calling for a while now in respect to the issue below how i was double charged,i have called my bank and it wasn't from them,it really look as if your site Jumia is not safe anymore to do shopping and i regret shopping with you guys.Below are the details from my account at the same time the same amount of money was deducted twice and your account department is telling me it wasn't their fault then whose fault is it,i did a shopping from your site and am being fraud :
1 13/12/2013 290605/ECART Internet Service DR 12,637.00
2 13/12/2013 PRCR/000000999999/10-12-2013 09:27:53/FE DR 12,637.00
ExoticHarriet:
Hmmm lucky you oo ..mine is an order for a camera that was cancelled. Because I really love the products they had on display I ordered for another one. I am hoping they are not gonna f**k this one up too. Seriously why put up a product that's unavailable? Does anyone know anything about their pickup centres btw?
ayodelegrace:
On a serious note, Jumia is the worst online store I have ever known.
bels2986:
Jumia is now blaming interswitch as if I bought the merchandise from interswitch!! see SCAM!!!!!!!! angry mschewwwwww
bels2986:
THANK YOU NAIRALAND, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!. I GOT THE REFUND YESTERDAY!!! I APPRECIATE EVERYBODY THAT CONTRIBUTED. THANK YOU.
FXKing2012:

I do not work for Jumia and I have no connection whatsoever with Jumia or any of its employees, I only asked for evidence of being scammed before making accusations in here.
You see, the kind of business model being run by Jumia makes it extremely easy to destroy the company. So before doing so I think it's only fair to ask for a well documented evidence that can be used in court.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by lizzb: 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gud afternoon my fellow forumite,i hv been an ardent reader on dis forum but i found it difficult to post, pls am havin problem with jumia nigeria,i ordered for a 32 inch led tv by daytek deawoo with order number 303244968 on 25th of july and was delivered on 27th of july,so being a single mother i had to wait till the nextday before i could mount it because i have to called someone to help me with d arrangement of the tv, fortunaately there was light,only for us to discovered that the screen was faulty with some lines apearin horizontaly on the screen .Imediately i called jumia and they pronised to come and pick it in whic they came and pick it in whic they came and pick it in the third day,so after a week of several calls and emails ,only for them to sent an email to me dat they ve conducted a standard quality check on d item and dey discovered that it was not faulty and will be delivered wirthin d next 24 hrs ,i cslled dem that i dont want it all wht i needed was how they will refund my money bc pple told that jumia sells substandard goods.pls help me to broadcast dis ,i am hv sleepless night over dis,i am a single mother of 3 and a teacher im a private sch wit 27k as salary ,i engage in home lessons to cope ,i engage in monthly contribution of 10 k per month for me to be able to gather d 43k for d tv in whic am payin bac ,we are witout tv since may i strived hard to get it for my kids dis holiday ,but jumia had shattered my dream ,pls good ppl come to my aid. Thanx
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by lizzb: 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
lizzb:
Gud afternoon my fellow forumite,i hv been an ardent reader on dis forum but i found it difficult to post, pls am havin problem with jumia nigeria,i ordered for a 32 inch led tv by daytek deawoo with order number 303244968 on 25th of july and was delivered on 27th of july,so being a single mother i had to wait till the nextday before i could mount it because i have to called someone to help me with d arrangement of the tv, fortunaately there was light,only for us to discovered that the screen was faulty with some lines apearin horizontaly on the screen .Imediately i called jumia and they pronised to come and pick it in whic they came and pick it in whic they came and pick it in the third day,so after a week of several calls and emails ,only for them to sent an email to me dat they ve conducted a standard quality check on d item and dey discovered that it was not faulty and will be delivered wirthin d next 24 hrs ,i cslled dem that i dont want it all wht i needed was how they will refund my money bc pple told that jumia sells substandard goods.pls help me to broadcast dis ,i am hv sleepless night over dis,i am a single mother of 3 and a teacher im a private sch wit 27k as salary ,i engage in home lessons to cope ,i engage in monthly contribution of 10 k per month for me to be able to gather d 43k for d tv in whic am payin bac ,we are witout tv since may i strived hard to get it for my kids dis holiday ,but jumia had shattered my dream ,pls good ppl come to my aid. Thanx
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by JumiaOnline(m): 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=lizzb post=36845139][/quote]

Hello there. Kindly be informed that once an item has been certified fit by our quality team, it is in good condition. May we please suggest that you receive this item on re-delivery and proceed to confirm the claim. If you have any issue thereafter, you can please send us a mail to serviceATjumia.com.ng and we would be glad to assist you further. Thank you
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by akigbemaru: 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
jUMIA WAHALA2
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Truce01: 1:49am On Dec 09, 2015
jasedu60:
This is my honest opinion guys,

Do not Pay any company in Nigeria that doesn't accept "WowPay", because with WowPay, you can dispute your transactions up to 1month after the order/delivery {based on the company's refund policies}, you simply don't have to worry about paying online or about the person/company you are paying, "EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYING ON DELIVERY" - Some companies sell fake (I'm not saying JUMIA does), so you know you have up to 1 month {based on the company's refund policies} to use the item and you know you don't have to exchange physical cash as well as, having the confidence you can get your money back if something goes wrong.

If anyone you pay through WowPay refuse to pick your call or delay your order, simply "Dispute the Transaction" you can get up to full refund within 72hour of initiating a dispute.

With WowPay, you are simply safer, just ask the company if they accept WowPay or tell them you'll only pay via WowPay, simple!

Signup Now:
https://WowPay.com

Hi all, I paid for an item on jumia last week, got a mail on Sunday that the order has been cancelled without explanation. I've been calling them to no avail and they aren't responding to mails too. This is the order ID - 302179825, is jumia now fraudulent and please how can I go about getting a refund?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Truce01: 1:58am On Dec 09, 2015
JumiaOnline:

Hello there. Kindly be informed that once an item has been certified fit by our quality team, it is in good condition. May we please suggest that you receive this item on re-delivery and proceed to confirm the claim. If you have any issue thereafter, you can please send us a mail to serviceATjumia.com.ng and we would be glad to assist you further. Thank you

Hi, I paid for an item on jumia last week, got a mail on Sunday that the order has been cancelled without explanation. I've been calling them to no avail and they aren't responding to mails too. This is the order ID - 302179825, is jumia now fraudulent and please how can I go about getting a refund?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by meekmanners: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
Browse free on your android phone and guess what? Its unlimited! And it's not simple server, if your phone is not rooted, you don't have a problem. And you can browse like never before on your p.c without a modem, all you need is an android phone. I will put you through step by step using video clips and screenshots. And U can learn other computer and phone tricks like sendin files from pc-phone and vice versa without using usb code and Bluetooth. Whatsapp me if you are interested-07037447428

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda's Outfit To "DARK" Premiere / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.