Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch (22995 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Super Eagles Players Train In Port-Harcourt Ahead Of Match Against Niger (Photos / Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by 360command: 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
The last qualifiers for the world cup we played against kenya , they treated us in an unpleasant way. They took us to the mountain tops where the topography was not so good in football playing. This guys took us to a region were cold varies amongst cold condition in different part of the country. They took us to a place where it was not as pleasant as Jos. Despite the hitches, we came out victorious which made us to qualify for south africa 2010. Thanks to oba goal(obafemi Martins and co who showed them that come rain,come sunshine, come hamattan,come snow , we must deliver and we delivered . Left to me, I don't see Nigeria been bad,we wait for other countries to do us bad before we reply back. I am tired of this . Let us see ourselves doing bad to other countries first just like the way israel play bad to palestine .

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by EagleNest(m): 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
And we call ourself 'gaint of africa'.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by leonshom(m): 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
Where is ur thinking cap? i guez uv'e lost it
pDude: Who dem be sef? Abi dem be Chelsea grin

Abeg park well jor. Una nor happy sef
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Rastamann: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
...Meanwhile, the players and officials of the Harambee Stars of Kenya have slammed the Nigeria Football Federation for the ill-treatment meted on them following their arrival in Lagos yesterday ahead of Saturday’s 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Super Eagles in Calabar.

The Kenya national team arrived in Lagos yesterday afternoon aboard a Kenya Airways flight and were expected to connect a chartered flight to Calabar on the same day. The Kenyans claimed they had an agreement with the Nigeria Football Federation to that effect.

The Kenyans said they were stunned when one Matthew Okeneke of the NFF told them at the airport that the flight had left without them.

Complete Sports gathered that Okeneke told the Kenyan delegation that since Aero Contractors stopped operating in the route, there was only one flight to Calabar from Lagos, which leaves at 11.00 am every day.

The Harambee Stars expected to have three full training sessions in Nigeria ahead of the game but the mix-up restricted them to their first light workout session at the Ajao Estate Primary School in Oshodi /Isolo Local Government Area.

Head of delegation, Hussein Terry, complained bitterly on the manner the team was treated - ranging from lack of training facilities, a supposedly sub-standard hotel and bad food that saw many of their players boycott their lunch after claiming that the food had too much salt in it.

"Since we landed in Lagos, no official from the Nigeria Football Federation was around to receive the team. Furthermore, we were booked into a substandard hotel (Silver Granduer Hotel) and denied access to good training venue,” Hussein fumed.

Hussien made enquiries on how they could get a football pitch nearby for the team to train. A driver offered to take them to the National Stadium, Surulere - which would take them about one hour to get to from their Isolo base - or the Onikan Stadium on the island - which was even farther.

The Kenyans rejected both on the grounds of distance as Hussien told Complete Sports that they weren't prepared to travel a long distance within Lagos just to train.

"Since they weren't alive to their duties, I had to make some enquiries about where we could train for a few minutes so we settled for the primary school nearby."

The Harambee Stars are expected to leave Lagos for Calabar later today aboard Arik Air.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2013/03/kenya-protest-to-caf-fifa

Who's Fault?
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by sweetcheecks(f): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
EagleNest: And we call ourself 'gaint of africa'.

More like the " JOKE OF AFRICA"
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by BashMe1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
dadicvila: We have never been known for this kind of attitude...though we receive it from other countries,maybe NFF have decided to play by the books

U must be DAFT, let's even say dey treat us dat way....does dat now mean dat u will also eat faeces/excretes because dey eat same outside Naija?
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Arcard(m): 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
taa if na nigeria dy train fo da pic, naija pips go blame am on govt,dm go say na cuz we ar corrpt dats y kenyens no respect us
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by emmasege: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
this is too bad of a country that parades herself as the giant of africa. am not surprised though. what's the level of sport facilities in nigeria. are the super eagles not training on the university of calabar pitch also?
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by pholubaba(m): 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin Not good enough but I CARE LESS>>> and as 4 kenya beating us? #YIMU na beans? lest i forget wetin concern dt ghanaian "dindinrin"
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
it was a lie, follow dis to see d details: www.nairaland.com/1232625/nff-say-kenya-responsible-troubles
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by omograndma(m): 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
this is very funny but sad at the same time
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Zsupuk(f): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
dabossman: Personally, I think this is just a ruse by the Kenyan Federation to make excuses for their team if they lose and also make Nigeria look bad. Never in our history (at least as far back as I remember) have we ever done this to any visiting team. Worst case scenario, we will take them to the training pitch at the National Stadium in Surulere.

I bet the Kenyans opted to training on a pitch close to their hotel after missing their flight to Calabar, and then turned around to blame it on the NFF.

However, if I'm wrong, then shame on the NFF. We need not descend to the levels of other African nations who treat our teams unfairly.
You are wrong and Nigeria you are wrong.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Goodysydney: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
sweetcheecks:

More like the " JOKE OF AFRICA"
Ur very stupid girl. Nigeria came to
that ur HIV/ Aids country called South Africa and won AFCON 2013 in front of 51 million hiv/aids south africans including their rapist president Jacob Zuma. Nigeria help Hiv/Aids South africans during their time of apathiad. Sorry hiv/aids girl south african, that is what make Nigeria the giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Godyke(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
topsyking: all you guys talking here..are just idioots and foooool.non of u will ever appreciate ur country.....
so you have forgettn the last time we met them..wht they did for us in their country...and tell me how many african country treat us with respect this days..
i know NFF did it intentionally..and i dont blame them for doing so...what goes around comes around...they should thank god that the hotel even get star,...if he no get any start at all..yawa go gas...

From the way you are reacting, between you and other people's comments, I wonder who is now the real fool and idiot here.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Tic4tac(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
yeye country..Mtcheew
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Tic4tac(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
360command: The last qualifiers for the world cup we played against kenya , they treated us in an unpleasant way. They took us to the mountain tops where the topography was not so good in football playing. This guys took us to a region were cold varies amongst cold condition in different part of the country. They took us to a place where it was not as pleasant as Jos. Despite the hitches, we came out victorious which made us to qualify for south africa 2010. Thanks to oba goal(obafemi Martins and co who showed them that come rain,come sunshine, come hamattan,come snow , we must deliver and we delivered . Left to me, I don't see Nigeria been bad,we wait for other countries to do us bad before we reply back. I am tired of this . Let us see ourselves doing bad to other countries first just like the way israel play bad to palestine .
abi nw
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Zsupuk(f): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
Goodysydney: Ur very stupid girl. Nigeria came to
that ur HIV/ Aids country called South Africa and won AFCON 2013 in front of 51 million hiv/aids south africans including their rapist president Jacob Zuma. Nigeria help Hiv/Aids South africans during their time of apathiad. Sorry hiv/aids girl south african, that is what make Nigeria the giant of Africa.
Stupid comment, HIV/Aids is in each and every country and i dont think your president is a saint. Why involve Zuma? If what Nigeria did is wrong it is wrong Nigerians are more diplomatic than this how do u think you will be perceived? pR is messed up....didnt expect this from so called giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by seunlayi(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
I beg you people should leave them alone maybe they want to train in secret. Do you people see how neat the school is? Kudos to the school authority
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by motif8(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abrantie: I pray Kenya beats the crap out of your supper fowls.

their travel arangement was wrong, they know the city of the match and that is where the NFF suppose to welcome them and they miss their flight for coming late to the country. so even if it is to victimise them, they played into the hand of the NFF.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by qhiwegh(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Stupid NFF, I can understand doing this to Ghana or South Africa because they might actually beat us, but Kenya? Seriously? They could get VIP treatments and still wouldn't pose even the slightest threat to the Super Eagles.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
deliveryboy: And who's that idiot and crude mike umeh that must take them to "his" own hotel, is nff a family business, these ibos sef don tire me with their crude ways
u re such an impotent goat. Do u want them 2 slp outside. May the bone of ibos hang in ur throat.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by palugycolina(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
topsyking: all you guys talking here..are just idioots and foooool.non of u will ever appreciate ur country.....
so you have forgettn the last time we met them..wht they did for us in their country...and tell me how many african country treat us with respect this days..
i know NFF did it intentionally..and i dont blame them for doing so...what goes around comes around...they should thank god that the hotel even get star,...if he no get any start at all..yawa go gas...

Broye abeg stop shoutin and insultin us..
Kindly tell us what happend in 1814 when we first met them..abeg
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
deliveryboy: And who's that idiot and crude mike umeh that must take them to "his" own hotel, is nff a family business, these ibos sef don tire me with their crude ways
u re such an impotent goat. Do u want them 2 slp outside. Na ibo man b nff ? Anu pama!
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Gguy4real: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Kenya dey mad ooo..... Then suppose give God the glory say den still get a place to sleep and train if nt agbero 4 don collect everything den get
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Martinezola(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
hey guys... check this out http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.akanbiafeso.%2F&h=AAQHauGkk
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by olapluto(m): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
The story I heard is different. Firstly, the match takes place in Calabar, not Lagos. Lagos was supposed to be a transit point, not for any form of training. The NFF arranged a charted flight for 25 people from Lagos to Calabar. However, Kenyans came with 34 people and came in very late. The flight could not be met, and they had to settle for local flight. Knowing the DANA and Aero problems, they found it difficult to connect to Calabar. Needed to note that Oba Martins and Victor Moses also had problems connecting to Calabar.
The Kenyan FA expected everything on a platter of gold, made it no point to communicate flight delays to the NFF. The use of this pitch again was at the Kenyan instance. The NFF offered them national stadium and Onikan stadium for training, but they wanted somewhere closer to their impromptu hotel to do some light work out. I hope the photographer can take the pictures of the hotel given the team in Calabar.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abrantie: I pray Kenya beats the crap out of your supper fowls.
shameless he-goat. U shld be ashamed of those apes that represented ghana at just concluded Afcon. I cld remember before de tournament in dis forum, u were ranting n raving on how crippled ghanain apes re goin 2 trash Naija. Despite una wuru wuru bukna faso n mail still rash una weller.

1 Like

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by olapluto(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
An Article from Kick Off..
Nigeria say Kenya are responsible for their own travel troubles in Nigeria, and chose a dilapidated primary school to train despite being offered a much better pitch at National Stadium, Lagos.

On Wednesday, pictures emerged showing Harambee Stars players training on a grassless ground in Lagos, and their officials reportedly blaming their Nigerian counterparts for shoddy arrangements

But NFF official Bola Oyeyode, who is the coordinator for the game, told KickOffNigeria.com that the Kenyans had no one to blame but themselves.

“To start with, they were playing hide and seek about their travel arrangements,” Oyeyode began. “They refused to communicate their arrival date to us despite numerous letters from us to them.

“In all those communications, we copied their embassy here and Fifa and we still have the letters here.

“It was only on Monday afternoon that they wrote to us informing us they would arrive on Wednesday afternoon.

“Even their embassy was finding it hard getting information out of them. an embassy official called Mr Tony was doing his best to help us, but even he could not get anything out of them.”

When information eventually came, it was too limited, according to Oyeyode.

“They told us they were coming with a 25-man delegation, but didn't give us any names, so we could not book the connecting flight to Calabar early.

“When it was getting late, we used our relationship with the airline to book 25 seats with no names, only for them to arrive with a 35-man party.

“In their letter, they never said they wanted to train in Lagos. The arrangement was for them to come in and fly straight to Calabar. But their flight arrived at noon, and the flight to Calabar is usually at 11am.

“At no time did we discuss anything about a chartered aircraft. Even our own team, who are African champions, flew to Calabar on a regular commercial flight.”

Regarding the training ground, Oyeyode said the Kenyans picked the substandard ground on the advise of one of their ‘consultants’.

“We went out of our way to book the training pitch of the National Stadium in Surulere for them at very, very short notice.

“But they refused to go there, after they were advised but one their men on the ground here, and they chose that primary school to train.”

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
Goodysydney:
Nigeria help Hiv/Aids South africans during their time of apathiad. Sorry hiv/aids girl south african, that is what make Nigeria the giant of Africa.
Where are your tenses? And when Sagamite talks about a failed education system nobody takes him seriously. grin

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by sshalom(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
No matter what, the NFF should always meet the minimum standards required from a Host Nation. This type of situation has never been the routine in the past and I wonder about what led to it this time around.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by ehispapa(m): 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Bimfo: Hehehe....! I can't Stop Laughing!!! The LAST TIME we went to Kenya, We Were Treated Worse Than This!!!

Chaii, Karma No dey Rest!!!! *Naija* no dey Carry Last.... grin grin grin

And na because of 2010 World Cup Qualifier that all these is hapeniing...! We Brought them Down On Our Way To SOUTH-AFRICA 2010, and from that time, We don become Enemies....!

I remember in 1996 when the kenyans shifted the matches btw her and the Nigerian team to mombasa on arrival ..they didnt not even provide the naija guys with anytin. no accomodation, transport. they are the worst when it come to hosting a game. they did it to niaja again in 2010 and i remember nigeria telling them to expect same treatment next time. they are even lucky they have a place to train. the naija guys didnt even see a place to sleep. stupid kenyans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mainz Have Announced Decision To Suspend Anwar El Ghazi For Supporting Palestine / AFCON: Egyptian Arrested For Taking Mostafa Mohamed's Place In Exam / Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.