Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,120 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Qur’an – The Centripetal Force - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force (11295 Views)

Effects Of Reciting The Qur’an In Comparison To Music / Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an / The Blood Qur’an – Written With The Blood Of Saddam Hussein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by tbaba1234: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
Qur’an – The Centripetal Force
By Mehreen Omer

Life has always been a mystery for me; it is an enigma perhaps no one can solve. But one thing that I’ve been able to discern from my life is that the Qur’an keeps your life in order. The longer and the further you go away from it, the greater the chance of your life going out of control. The Qur’an is that very centripetal force that prevents us from delving into total chaos.

And I say that out of experience. Time and time again, someone was trying to teach me a lesson; someone was telling me beware. And time and time again, I tried to keep my heart shut to any advice. I was warned several times, and I still ignored. I was told by my conscience to keep reading and understanding the Qur’an, but I was too busy to believe it was such a big priority.

Ever since my dad passed away, everything completely changed. All my relationships and friendships became superficial – or perhaps I became too cynical to call them any better. Trying to struggle in this world and fighting out your way all alone is something that supposedly makes hero. It made me a monster.

If there was anything that consoled me during my hardest of times, it was the Qur’an. It gave life to a despairing heart – literally. When I look back at how I managed to keep calm during the first few months after I lost my dad, I realize it was nothing more than my closeness to the Qur’an and understanding through it that this life is temporary.

But then this world overpowered me – I wanted to be successful and make lots of money so that I could keep my family happy – a family that had no son to do the job. I started pushing people away, becoming irritated at the slightest of disturbances. I thought being rude to people was justified given my predicament. It wasn’t. I left reading the Qur’an as I became too busy in my studies and other work. I started leaving my prayers for the first time in my life.

Reality set in when I realized how lonely I’d become. I had no one to rely on to. This paved the way for despair – there was a time when I asked Allah to just take my life, since I found nothing in this life worth living for. But I couldn’t die; I had done so many bad deeds that I had to make up for. Life soon became a torture, I cannot even explain to myself.

As I write this article, I see the Qur’an right next to me waiting for me to open it. How many times has Allah (swt) explained in the Qur’an that everything will perish, except His Majesty? How many times has Allah (swt) told us not to get too much attached to this world because it is a mirage that only disappoints you if you try to make it your final destination? How many times has Allah (swt) spoken directly to my heart and told me to come back to the friend who never leaves? What in the world would make me realize that the reason for my sadness is not the tragedy of life itself, but my abandonment of the Qur’an?

Because no matter how hard we try for the pursuit of happiness, the only thing that will give us so is its true source.

“Only in remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace.” (Qur’an 13:28)

Perhaps before falling in to despair, we should think if we have tried all doors. Because maybe, the only door we have not tried is the one that was there right in front of our eyes all the time.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/quran/quran-the-centripetal-force/

41 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Dyt(f): 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Heaves!

I jst looked at my Qur'an now, always right beside me, but when last did I open to read?
I must get back on track

Thnx Tbaba
I always find ur threads so interesting

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by deols(f): 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
The Qur'an does the job for me as well. Alhamdulillah.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dyt: Heaves!

I jst looked at my Qur'an now, always right beside me, but when last did I open to read?
I must get back on track

Thnx Tbaba
I always find ur threads so interesting

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by mrrock: 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Every religion is doomed!. That's their destiny. No holy book can save.
Any God will only accept good people.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
@Maclatunji,Asalamu alaykum,pls you need to ban the person that posted that offensive diagram.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by idirect(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Awesome articles.( Tbaba i will get in touch with you next week insha Allah)

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
Does quaran support killing innocent people in any way just like most of your brothers are doing

8 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by wazobiaforu(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
I love reading the Quran and i do often but some part always make me scare

Hellfire,torment,punishment is just too much in some verses that i am becoming stuborn to be thinking that life is a game between satan and God and while we the game tiles ..... I hate to be living my life on the fear of torment and hellfire, i do good because God command us to do good not for a reward,why treathing of torment,gnashing of teeth

May God help me sha

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Capnd143(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
i strongly disagree and kicked against reading the Qu'ran! It wil surely remind the boko/muslims of their hilarious promise of 72 virgins and that will mean more bombing of churches,schools,markets . . . And killing and spilling of innocent blood! . , abegi go park joor!
---
as a citizen of the federal republic of nigeria i have full right to expression of opinion and right to freedom of speech! So if any one bans me . . . .ehhh . . . . I was just giving my opionion oh and not insulting anyone oh!

11 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by duddexeng(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
The answer is no. Truely, some muslims are creating bad image for islam but, like God has explained, the people that indulge in atrocity would one day perish but His words will continue to be.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by kuss: 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
i strongly disagree and kicked against reading the Qu'ran! It wil surely remind the boko/muslims of their hilarious promise of 72 virgins and that will mean more bombing of churches,schools,markets . . . And killing and spilling of innocent blood! . , abegi go park joor!
---
as a citizen of the federal republic of nigeria i have full right to expression of opinion and right to freedom of speech! So if any one bans me . . . .ehhh . . . . I was just giving my opionion oh and not insulting anyone oh!

gbam

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by mike404(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
uplawal: @Maclatunji,Asalamu alaykum,pls you need to ban the person that posted that offensive diagram.
I didn't see anyfin wrong in what he said
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by tbaba1234: 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Can anyone show me the '72 virgins' in the Quran?

People spilling ignorance. smh!!

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
kuss: i strongly disagree and kicked against reading the Qu'ran! It wil surely remind the boko/muslims of their hilarious promise of 72 virgins and that will mean more bombing of churches,schools,markets . . . And killing and spilling of innocent blood! . , abegi go park joor!
---

gbam
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by acaolly1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Al-Quran Karim the guardian and director. Ihidinah siratal mustakim...

4 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Godjone(m): 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
tbaba1234: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force
By Mehreen Omer

Life has always been a mystery for me; it is an enigma perhaps no one can solve. But one thing that I’ve been able to discern from my life is that the Qur’an keeps your life in order. The longer and the further you go away from it, the greater the chance of your life going out of control. The Qur’an is that very centripetal force that prevents us from delving into total chaos.

And I say that out of experience. Time and time again, someone was trying to teach me a lesson; someone was telling me beware. And time and time again, I tried to keep my heart shut to any advice. I was warned several times, and I still ignored. I was told by my conscience to keep reading and understanding the Qur’an, but I was too busy to believe it was such a big priority.

Ever since my dad passed away, everything completely changed. All my relationships and friendships became superficial – or perhaps I became too cynical to call them any better. Trying to struggle in this world and fighting out your way all alone is something that supposedly makes hero. It made me a monster.

If there was anything that consoled me during my hardest of times, it was the Qur’an. It gave life to a despairing heart – literally. When I look back at how I managed to keep calm during the first few months after I lost my dad, I realize it was nothing more than my closeness to the Qur’an and understanding through it that this life is temporary.

But then this world overpowered me – I wanted to be successful and make lots of money so that I could keep my family happy – a family that had no son to do the job. I started pushing people away, becoming irritated at the slightest of disturbances. I thought being rude to people was justified given my predicament. It wasn’t. I left reading the Qur’an as I became too busy in my studies and other work. I started leaving my prayers for the first time in my life.

Reality set in when I realized how lonely I’d become. I had no one to rely on to. This paved the way for despair – there was a time when I asked Allah to just take my life, since I found nothing in this life worth living for. But I couldn’t die; I had done so many bad deeds that I had to make up for. Life soon became a torture, I cannot even explain to myself.

As I write this article, I see the Qur’an right next to me waiting for me to open it. How many times has Allah (swt) explained in the Qur’an that everything will perish, except His Majesty? How many times has Allah (swt) told us not to get too much attached to this world because it is a mirage that only disappoints you if you try to make it your final destination? How many times has Allah (swt) spoken directly to my heart and told me to come back to the friend who never leaves? What in the world would make me realize that the reason for my sadness is not the tragedy of life itself, but my abandonment of the Qur’an?

Because no matter how hard we try for the pursuit of happiness, the only thing that will give us so is its true source.

“Only in remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace.” (Qur’an 13:28)

Perhaps before falling in to despair, we should think if we have tried all doors. Because maybe, the only door we have not tried is the one that was there right in front of our eyes all the time.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/quran/quran-the-centripetal-force/
but, to me, whenever i hear a word that sound kooo'ranic, what i see in display from my imagination is a series of booklet that contains info c.a.p.a.b.le of spreading a t.h.i.c.k f.l.a.m.e of vi.o.lence. I swear, me fear that tin pas even lion.

5 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ban Ban Ban. What is it about Islam that hates free speech. Muslems should get their forum outside Nairaland if they insist on these BANS and deletions.

5 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by KBEST3(m): 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
Allah ya tsinema mai wadan nan batanci ameen summa ameen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Bismillah / Ramadan Countdown: Are You Ready? / Can One Be Forgiven After Commiting Shirk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.