Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles (21777 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Witches And Wizards Responsible For Okagbare’s Failure / I Am Not Responsible For Super Eagles Defeat - T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by meforyou1(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Yorubas with their lying-through-the teeth sickness. U booked national stadium for a national team to train, but they preferred going to train in a jakande-era LGA primary school field. That's how u are easily deceived and later start blaming govt. Why didn't they claim booking federal palace hotel or that tinubi's hotel in lekki for them in short notice.
Stop deceiving yourselves and be acting like the dogs of war on nairaland and twitter. Blame NFF, the thieves in glass house abuja that have allowed national stadium abuja to be overgrown with grasses.
Is national stadium surulere still in existence? Why not book teslim balogun stadium? Mtchweeeee
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by dominique(f): 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
me_for_you: Before u all go about praising nff, just know that nff are pure and applied thieves and liars. U booked a flight that will ferry them straight to calabar, yet u booked national stadium lagos for them to train. Just saying #illogical

Assuming you read the article well, you won't be saying this. The nff never planed for them to train in Lagos. The national stadium was a last minute plan and they chose a school training over it (still trying to find the sense in that). All this mes was caused by a wide communication gap between countries.
The only lesson we can learn from this is that no one disses Nigeria and go free.
Still love the Kenyans tho smiley
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by PHIPEX(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
adconline: What training facilities were offered to them by NFF before they opted for a primary school playground in Oshodi?
Any authorization from the school to use their facility?
Did the school/LASG give them authorization without consultation with NFF?
NFF story is fishy

Guy forget all these questions, guys around Ajao Estate usually play football at that school every Saturday and Sunday mornings. They don't need the permission of LASG to use it. Infact they are lucky that guys around didn't join they to do practice, e for sweet well well afterall they think say they get sense. Besides, the school is very close to their hotel which could explain why their "consultant" gave them such advice.
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by autchman144(m): 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ijogz K: What is the website of the NFF? undecided
lol
ww.nff daz all
grin
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Ninilowo(m): 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Red-Light:
the question we suppose to ask before blaming nff ...

1. have they treated any visiting team like that before

answer is NO

2. what will they gain in treating a team that is not even close to super eagles in anyway badly?

answer is Nothing

our team is better than them ... and we are more civilized than them ... so i think the kenyans really need to be cained for trying to make us look bad with their cheap mind game

nonsense
Bless u my broda. As old as I am I never heard that NFF treated any visiting team in a manner reported by the Kenyans even Ghana that is known for their WIN AT ALL COST ANTICS.
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by kabba7(m): 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Human_being1st: CONTINUATION
“Even their embassy was finding it hard getting
information out of them. an embassy official
called Mr Tony was doing his best to help us,
but even he could not get anything out of
them.” When information eventually came, it was too
limited, according to Oyeyode. “They told us they were coming with a 25-man
delegation, but didn't give us any names, so we
could not book the connecting flight to Calabar
early. “When it was getting late, we used our
relationship with the airline to book 25 seats
with no names, only for them to arrive with a
35-man party. “In their letter, they never said they wanted to
train in Lagos. The arrangement was for them
to come in and fly straight to Calabar. But their
flight arrived at noon, and the flight to Calabar
is usually at 11am. “At no time did we discuss anything about a
chartered aircraft. Even our own team, who
are African champions, flew to Calabar on a
regular commercial flight.”

is this a true story or has salt and maggi added to spice it up ?
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by fujirice: 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
me_for_you: Yorubas with their lying-through-the teeth sickness. U booked national stadium for a national team to train, but they preferred going to train in a jakande-era LGA primary school field. That's how u are easily deceived and later start blaming govt. Why didn't they claim booking federal palace hotel or that tinubi's hotel in lekki for them in short notice.
Stop deceiving yourselves and be acting like the dogs of war on nairaland and twitter. Blame NFF, the thieves in glass house abuja that have allowed national stadium abuja to be overgrown with grasses.
Is national stadium surulere still in existence? Why not book teslim balogun stadium? Mtchweeeee
Could you just PLEEAASSE shut it for one second? If u read d stories from d beginning u wld see d glaring truth in what d NFF official said wit what d Kenyans had fed us earlier. So tone it down abeg!
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Rajosh(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
Human_being1st: y dont u wear dat ur optical glass b4 coming here on nairaland?
he doesn't know wht source means. He's new to the word
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Ninilowo(m): 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
chingyjant:
Na wa for you sef.Na everything about Nigeria you must find fault?Can't you deduce the tactics the Kenyans are trying to use on Nigeria?If you don't get it they wanted to sneak into Nigeria and train without being spied on but it all backfired.
Lobatan!
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by eghost247(m): 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
if this is true then i don't blame NFF
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by spiceybrain(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
they are not used to standard pitch!they like it hard!the harder the better,super eagles get ready on Saturday witouts ur boots! cool
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by ikweremilitant: 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Red-Light:
the question we suppose to ask before blaming nff ...

1. have they treated any visiting team like that before

answer is NO

2. what will they gain in treating a team that is not even close to super eagles in anyway badly?

answer is Nothing

our team is better than them ... and we are more civilized than them ... so i think the kenyans really need to be cained for trying to make us look bad with their cheap mind game

nonsense
on point bro
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Cornel88(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ijogz K: What is the website of the NFF? undecided
You dey look for trouble o
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by tonididdy(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Human_being1st: NFF say Kenya responsible for their troubles

Nigeria say Kenya are responsible for their own travel troubles in Nigeria, and chose a dilapidated primary school to train despite being offered a much better pitch at National Stadium, Lagos.

On Wednesday, pictures emerged showing Harambee Stars players training on a grassless ground in Lagos, and their officials reportedly blaming their Nigerian counterparts for shoddy arrangements

But NFF official Bola Oyeyode, who is the coordinator for the game, told KickOffNigeria.com that the Kenyans had no one to blame but themselves.

“To start with, they were playing hide and seek about their travel arrangements,” Oyeyode began. “They refused to communicate their arrival date to us despite numerous letters from us to them.

“In all those communications, we copied their embassy here and Fifa and we still have the letters here.

“It was only on Monday afternoon that they wrote to us informing us they would arrive on Wednesday afternoon.

“Even their embassy was finding it hard getting information out of them. an embassy official called Mr Tony was doing his best to help us, but even he could not get anything out of them.”

When information eventually came, it was too limited, according to Oyeyode.

“They told us they were coming with a 25-man delegation, but didn't give us any names, so we could not book the connecting flight to Calabar early.

“When it was getting late, we used our relationship with the airline to book 25 seats with no names, only for them to arrive with a 35-man party.

“In their letter, they never said they wanted to train in Lagos. The arrangement was for them to come in and fly straight to Calabar. But their flight arrived at noon, and the flight to Calabar is usually at 11am.

“At no time did we discuss anything about a chartered aircraft. Even our own team, who are African champions, flew to Calabar on a regular commercial flight.”

Regarding the training ground, Oyeyode said the Kenyans picked the substandard ground on the advise of one of their ‘consultants’.

“We went out of our way to book the training pitch of the National Stadium in Surulere for them at very, very short notice.

“But they refused to go there, after they were advised but one their men on the ground here, and they chose that primary school to train.”
Article by: Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/news/33404/nff-say-kenya-responsible-for-their-troubles
them like sufferHEAD nor be small...they wil rather kill body and soul to win a cross country race WHEN you can win 3x the prize money on a 100m race
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by ekytessy(f): 11:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
franchizy: I Blames NFF and GEJ 4 dis due to bad Govt. D NFF are tolding lies. All I knows is dat Kenya will still won the match.
There is even no links or sauce 4 NFF claims
If na joke stop am, my baby just dey cry since because of u, beta tell her sorry b4 I go tolding u my own "grin NFF are tolding lies" are u not tolding lies too, no b only tolding na liesing mtsheeeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by ekytessy(f): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
autchman144:
lol
ww.nff daz all
grin
ww.nff cough yes dats all
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by misterh(m): 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
franchizy: I Blames NFF and GEJ 4 dis due to bad Govt. D NFF are tolding lies. All I knows is dat Kenya will still won the match.
WTF?
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by youngus: 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
it is absolutely nonsense 4 kenyans to insult 9ja...if they try dat next time,they will train with boko haram....meanwhile i unleash mba,moses and others to silence them with 4-0
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by guyosict(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2013
me_for_you: Before u all go about praising nff, just know that nff are pure and applied thieves and liars. U booked a flight that will ferry them straight to calabar, yet u booked national stadium lagos for them to train. Just saying #illogical

Guy Ωa whao 4 U, U nor sabi read D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ booked 2 lagos. Dem lagos 2 calabar.or 4 ur village dem D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ see driect 4 kanya 2 calabar
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Inoknowbook: 1:30am On Mar 22, 2013
kbdrim: Abeg Leave all that excuse Jare..Are we Kids? how did they get access to train in a primary school without our knowledge. Wouldn't those responsible have known that it was going to embarass the country. Now it has backfired, one govt officer is making excuses. Im not absolving Kenya Of blame here But we all know the NFF can arrange accomodation at short notice for anybody. Why take them to a hotel owned by an NFF member.

Listen, this would not be the first time Nigeria is hosting a world cup qualifier, and no team from any other country has ever been treated this way. Furthermore, this wouldn't be the first time the kenyans would play in Nigeria, and they were never treated this way. So, NFA has no reason whatsoever to start now. I believe the the nfa's account. Harambe must have caused it.
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by COOLDUN: 1:47am On Mar 22, 2013
kbdrim:
No be today naija start this thing. We dey put match for 1pm when we dey play some of those north African countries a few years ago.. we no try. We cant blame our guest no matter their antics. we got to put our house in other. NO be same NFF wey Keshi dey vex for. Abi they don repent btw Feb and Now? smh

Just shut your dirty mouth up and face another story ok. The Keshi's case is different from this. There are many winning strategies , Kenyans are using a media distraction strategies while you are falling to it.

Do you know what this can cause to our team during the return leg? if we don't prepare well psychologically it can make them escape home defeat in their country. Sit up and learn how to argue factually.

Do you know how many times our diplomatic missions have come to our national teams rescue at their respective host countries during important matches like these? you complained of playing the north Africans by 1 pm, which shows how uninformed you are towards international football politics.

Do you know how many times our best national teams lost very important matches because of climatic cheating? North Africans bring our teams when their temperatures are almost at the freezing points, in deadly snowing weathers. Before when we had no professional players in the European countries, the North Africans shift the time of our matches with them till nights, when they will play with flood light which most of our home base players had never seen by then. Then our local teams were playing matches in the evenings in Nigeria.

Kenyans need that World Cup ticket more than you, and are very ready to do anything to win it at all costs. If you are not satisfied with the NFF's side of the story, then you can take up the case to the world court or FIFA Arbitrary Court. We should learn how to stand for our country in times like this.

1 Like

Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 22, 2013
Stupïd Kenyans. And to think that after all this, some Kenyans had the nerves to start up the #someonetellnigerians hashtags. I'm happy Nigerians dealt with them.

silly folks, I tell you.
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by redcliff: 2:24am On Mar 22, 2013
pholubaba: One slowpoke will still blame nigeria and nff or GEJ now...

[size=15pt]NFF and GEJ's fault. Product of a failed state[/size] grin
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by chukxie(m): 2:46am On Mar 22, 2013
Nigerians are smarter than what the NFF spokesman thinks. He should produce as proof copies of the letters he claimed were sent to the Kenyan football ministry. As a host country it's our responsibility to ensure our guests are treated nicely. Kenyans are our brothers hence they deserved to be treated as one. Does any reasonable thinking Nigerian think this kind of shabby treatment would be meted out to Arab looking Africans? Your answer is as good as mine. An emphatic NO!
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Xfactoria: 2:47am On Mar 22, 2013
franchizy: I Blames NFF and GEJ 4 dis due to bad Govt. D NFF are tolding [/b]lies. All I knows is dat [b]Kenya will still won the match.

God Almighty!!!!! Is this a joke or something?

And this guy could be one of those shamelessly celebrating "My Oga at the top". Aaaaa....h, guy go and get Brighter Grammar sharp sharp o!
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by Xfactoria: 2:56am On Mar 22, 2013
chukxie: Nigerians are smarter than what the NFF spokesman thinks. He should produce as proof copies of the letters he claimed were sent to the Kenyan football ministry. As a host country it's our responsibility to ensure our guests are treated nicely. Kenyans are our brothers hence they deserved to be treated as one. Does any reasonable thinking Nigerian think this kind of shabby treatment would be meted out to Arab looking Africans? Your answer is as good as mine. An emphatic NO!

Look, keep at the back of your mind that we are African Champions and we didn't lose a game in the last AFCON tournament. We are the best team in Africa right now. Even in our worst form, during the 2010 WC qualifiers, we beat Kenya home and away.

Now, the questions you should be asking are the following:

1. Has it ever happened since you were born that Nigeria used "poor treatments of visiting teams" as tactics to win a match?

2. If the answer to question 1 is No, then why should we start now that we are African Champions?

3. What sort of threat does Kenya pose to us? Are they Brazil or Argentina? Do they have Messi?

There is no conceivable motive for the NFF to descend so low to using these alleged tactics so I chose to believe NFF. Simple!

1 Like

Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by ocheejemb: 3:45am On Mar 22, 2013

do you think the nff needs to book the stadium to use it
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by ocheejemb: 3:46am On Mar 22, 2013
chukxie: Nigerians are smarter than what the NFF spokesman thinks. He should produce as proof copies of the letters he claimed were sent to the Kenyan football ministry. As a host country it's our responsibility to ensure our guests are treated nicely. Kenyans are our brothers hence they deserved to be treated as one. Does any reasonable thinking Nigerian think this kind of shabby treatment would be meted out to Arab looking Africans? Your answer is as good as mine. An emphatic NO!

Can you even read bro?
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by divinegiftmodel: 4:56am On Mar 22, 2013
solayemi:
Who cares abt ur opinion. If u r nt satisfied wt d NFF explanatn, d ocean awaits u.
if they dont like it why train there in the first place
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by stantob(m): 4:57am On Mar 22, 2013
Kenayans are used to dry ground so why complaining about trainning on grassless ground,come guys just go and do your normal things, 1million thousand miles race and you'll get victory there grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles by bobmarcell(m): 5:10am On Mar 22, 2013
By the way,the super eagles have always been victim of this whenever they travel out to play,remember malwai,angola,cameroun,morrocoa,tunisia and even SA had all melted out same treatment to us,so my dear if we start am now,we start late..as far I'm concern kenyans should go to zoo and burn to ashes, #SomeoneTellKenya How on earth did Kenyans even manage 2 get access 2 d internet? Do they share food on twitter?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? / Odion Ighalo Shares 2009 Throwback Picture Of Himself And His Wife / Top 10 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.