Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses (20491 Views)

Court Authorizes EFCC’s To Seize Tompolo’s Properties / EFCC To Seize Tompolo's Property / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Osama10(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
This is another avenue for the NPF to extort money again from the public.

What a confused country with misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by pekelepekele(m): 9:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
They should go to borno and fight boko haram!!!. Leave the simple civilians alone!!!
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Okay! This is an avenue to further police bribery and illegal seizure of innocent Nigerians properties. What is wrong in having tinted glasses on vehicles?
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by chucky234(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
ItsModella: ermm, what about those with tinted permit?
Your tint permit na toilet tissue
LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by bunmixtra(f): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
what then happens to factory tint that cant be removed unless replaced??
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by meforyou1(m): 10:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
dvdon: I don't think factory fitted tinted cars are affected.
bros u are talking of a country where police have sense o

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Policewoman(f): 10:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
TINTED PERMIT is no longer allowed. Be guided.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by bisi16(m): 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
foolish IG leading foolish policemen.. mtcheww
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Policewoman(f): 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
dvdon: I don't think factory fitted tinted cars are affected.
Yea. FACTORY FITTED TINTED GLASSES are exempted from the law. Any policeman that stops you with factory fitted, please report to his nearest superior or call any of our hot lines.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by mrofficial2(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Policewoman: Yea. FACTORY FITTED TINTED GLASSES are exempted from the law. Any policeman that stops you with factory fitted, please report to his nearest superior or call any of our hot lines.

Could you please help us with the hot lines. Thanks
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
Billyonaire: All my automobiles are supertint, and they all came factory fitted. Let me see an hungry police stopping me and there will be breaking news.
my guy, the only breaking news we go hear na say police take u do accidental discharge and dem don deposite ur cadaver for mortuary.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by dunnyadex: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Policewoman: TINTED PERMIT is no longer allowed. Be guided.

I just bought a car frm US, thou tinted directly frm US but not factory tinted. I'm planning to collect Tint permit. With the Tint permit am I exempted from Police harrassment? And how much does it cost to get tint permit?
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
dunnyadex:

I just bought a car frm US, thou tinted directly frm US but not factory tinted. I'm planning to collect Tint permit. With the Tint permit am I exempted from Police harrassment? And how much does it cost to get tint permit?
Dont waste your time processing tint permit. Just keep the 40k in your pidgeon hole, each time an officer stops you, give him 1k from it.

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Knowyaself(m): 12:24am On Mar 22, 2013
1.Tint permits are no longer issued.
2.Factory fitted tinted glasses are allowed.
3.See the attached publication for details.
4.those that drive around with factory tints may consider making a copy to avoid being harrassed by some of our confused police men.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 22, 2013
Didi Love:

That's not true dear. And even if by a far chance it was, must you join everyone in making the same mistake?

Tint permit = a permit issued by the authorities to owners of vehicles with tinted glasses

Tinted permit = a permit that's tinted!

Now which makes sense to you?
You know what? I was willing to take correction from you but then you thought it was cool to address me in a condescending manner.

I don't care which makes sense. Everyone calls it tinted permit, if I ask for tinted permit, chances are 99.999% that I'm gonna be understood. So leave me the hell alone and besides, I'm not the only one on this thread who used the phrase 'tinted permit'.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 22, 2013
yuzedo:
Huh? Tinted permit? Permit that is tinted??
Nne, did you school in Willy-willy grammar school?? undecided
yes, I went to willy willy grammar school undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 22, 2013
Well ,based on the security situation in Nigeria not only should tinted glasses be banned for vehicles,that total Muslim veil that covers the face should be banned too
Both of them are security risks in today's world
I want to see the face of everyone around me clearly and be ready to ID them when needed.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 3:12am On Mar 22, 2013
Why is everybody getting angry, what are you hiding behind those tinted cars? undecided
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by kabba7(m): 3:28am On Mar 22, 2013
Saw some funny registration numbers recently in kwara state e.g Prison, Nis ,NNSDC etc just wondering are these legitimate registration numbers ? The numbers are said to be private cars owned by personnel of those organisations Will they too be arrested?
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by blessed4ever: 4:48am On Mar 22, 2013
Read.
Mathew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Hebrew 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
No sinner can enter into heaven.

Isaiah 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
Isaiah 35:9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:
Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Mathew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mathew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
1Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by blessed4ever: 4:48am On Mar 22, 2013
God is ready to help anyone who believe on His word and cried to Him for help (Mark 9:20-26). We all should cry and show God that we believe His word and ready to keep His commandment and ask Him to help you to be holy and make you holy. He will do it (Mark 9:23-24). His grace is sufficient (2Corinthians 12:9). So, stop making excuses why you cannot live holy life.Remember,Jesus Christ is coming for the holy,righteous and ready people without spot(Ephesians 5:26-27; Mathew 24:42-44)

Proverbs 31:4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Proverbs 31:5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
Proverbs 31:6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by FindOut(m): 6:36am On Mar 22, 2013
Now this is also an avenue for fraudsters to make money in the name of helping you to obtain a tint permit.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED. ACCORDING TO A RELEASE A FEW YEARS AGO,(i think a copy is somewhere on nairaland), THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE NO LONGER ISSUES TINT PERMITS. IF YOUR WINDOWS (usually rear) ARE FACTORY TINTED, THEN YOU ARE GOOD TO GO. IF THEY ARE NOT, REMOVE THEM. SIMPLES.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE.... smiley
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by gulfer: 6:45am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello house,

What most imported cars carry is called 'privacy glass' and not 'tinted glass', the sooner we start to shout now the better to avoid the attendant extortion that may be perpetrated by the foot soldiers. By definition, "tinted glass" refers to glass with a window tinting film applied. Privacy glass, however, is when the actual glass itself is less transparent. There is no film on the surface, so it is much more durable and lasts as long as the glass doesn't get broken. Typically, privacy glass allows in very little light as a function of its purpose (to create privacy), but window tint can run a range from only slightly opaque to completely opaque. The IG should be educated on this, tinted glass is only by the VIP law-breakers.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by olajide1895: 6:53am On Mar 22, 2013
You want to send your men back to the road block systematically.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 22, 2013
nwando: Well ,based on the security situation in Nigeria not only should tinted glasses be banned for vehicles,that total Muslim veil that covers the face should be banned too
Both of them are security risks in today's world
I want to see the face of everyone around me clearly and be ready to ID them when needed.

Should sunglasses , bandannas , gele , and caps be banned too?

They also obscure the face.

Osisi the principal
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by eastermaris(f): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2013
mobuch:

bros, abeg who ask you?
u too dey do aproko.

Must u ask him b4 he air's his opinion? Bad bele wld only keep u poorer! Omugo
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by BrightDeGea(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2013
They should go and find those friggin terrorists and stop wasting thier time on something meaningless
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by eikeem(m): 8:02am On Mar 22, 2013
He said "No roadblocks"; now, it's "impound cars with tinted glass". I'm wondering how this will be done - maybe a house-to-house search will be conducted. grin
Our 'Ogas at the top' always get themselves confused in the name of asserting their authority. Plus, does this rank as one of the major security challenges in the country right now?
Na wah oooooo
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by chucky234(m): 8:03am On Mar 22, 2013
bunmixtra: what then happens to factory tint that cant be removed unless replaced??
time to auction your car...hehehehe
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Freiburger(m): 8:06am On Mar 22, 2013
The NPF has suffered a lot under this administration.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by chucky234(m): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2013
Find Out!:
Now this is also an avenue for fraudsters to make money in the name of helping you to obtain a tint permit.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED. ACCORDING TO A RELEASE A FEW YEARS AGO,(i think a copy is somewhere on nairaland), THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE NO LONGER ISSUES TINT PERMITS. IF YOUR WINDOWS (usually rear) ARE FACTORY TINTED, THEN YOU ARE GOOD TO GO. IF THEY ARE NOT, REMOVE THEM. SIMPLES.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE.... smiley
You got problem understanding written text?
Tinted glasses, permit or not.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by eziokwubundu: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2013
This is ARRANT STUPIDTY on d part of d IG. Point to ponder, is d IG trying to tell us dat all his private cars are not with tinted glasses? Why is it always d ordinary man dat suffers injustice in dis jagajaga nigeria now tell me almost all d whole cars in d world all come with tinted glasses so what d arrant IG is saying is once we buy a car we should go and change d whole tinted glasses? Men dis is absurd and foolish policy on d part of d police. Well as for me I will not take my car out again because am tired of begging uniform guys with my own money can u imagine been molested for no just cause and d funny thing is dat u will still beg d ATURA with ur own money and he will be making shakara what an insult abeg we better do something about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Governmen Set To Complete Ebonyi State College Of Medicine (photos) / EFCC Arrests 33 Internet Fraud Suspects / Chatham House: INEC Failed To Apply The Lessons It Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.