Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64781 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2013
nnatom:

my dear chichi, i hav come to realise dat dis guys are clueless and ignorant. Teach them from nw till tomorrow, nothing. Pls let them wallow in their ignorance.
that is the best thing to do, because they don't have the Holy Spirit of God in them, there for they can't understand even if we continue, they need the Holy Spirit of God.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: the person ignorance in revelations of the word of God is you. What I posted above is based on the first questons you asked, Was this your first question? You are confused, what a pity, You need the Holy Spirit of God in you, because I don't talk to those that do not have the Holy Spirit in them, cos they can never understand no matter how the word of God is explain to them, they can't understand the things of the spirit, I can see that you fall in such group.

Like I said, I am leading you somewhere. My first question was not meant to be my last but the second question is my last. I want to help you link scripture to scripture so you can see the truth.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2013
Chukskalidon:
In the latter time as you mentioned in your previous posts, reffering to all doctrines of the catholic church as bad and forgery....You're supposed to possibly know that catholicism is not of latter time, I mean its staring at the face that you can't help your false soul and illiteracy. I did be much happy if you can tell me any man-made tradition which you know and when it was established in catholicism. What you're saying is beyond you...abstaining from meat on Good Friday is not specified in the Bible, but am sure your illiterate pastor must have one day kept you yawning as a result of 6 to 6 fasting prayer allocated to you and your family. If you can abstain from food on the ordinary days, of what problem is it to abstain from meat on Good Friday. What was the ark of covenant made of.... whose symbol does it signify....did not the Israelites worship and communicate God through it? Have you heard of the last supper...."this my body and blood, do this in memory of me," Dude, you're not elligible to argue the things of God with me. And please catholics don't abstain from meat every friday, its om Good Friday. Talking about the Bible and opposite to the traditions of Catholicm, I will start by asking..who compiled the Bible. Thank you for painfully admiring the pope and cardinals. Thanks
whatever their pastors tells them is right, they need to pray to God for directions to know the truth and open their eyes.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: whatever their pastors tells them is right, they need to pray to God for directions to know the truth and open their eyes.

On the contrary we are taught by the Holy spirit the truth of Gods word. You are the ones whom without your pope and priests can never do anything nor even interpret the scriptures. All I hear from you lot is sola bible, sola bible. Perhaps you should be calling it Lunar bible, Lunar bible

Respond to my second question and then we will do an analysis
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 10:09am On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

You should know that when i mentioned not eating meat on fridays i was inferring to good fridays. All you have been doing has been giving me logical responses and not anything based on pure undiluted scripture. I have been showing you scripture side by side with your catholic beliefs.
what do you know about the scriptures, don't you have rules in your church, every church has their rules which is given by their pastor to follow, rules guiding the church, this rules are not from the scriptures. note this and stop arguing.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: what do you know about the scriptures, don't you have rules in your church, every church has their rules which is given by their pastor to follow, rules guiding the church, this rules are not from the scriptures. note this and stop arguing.

Is Christ not the head of the church? Would christ give differents rules to different churches? If Christ is giving rules to the church would he do so outside His very word? Just answer my question,

who is a priest and who are those whom the bible regards as priests in the New Testament?

In the old testament only priests are allowed into the holy of holies of the temple but in the new Testament where is the Holy of holies located?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: what do you know about the scriptures, don't you have rules in your church, every church has their rules which is given by their pastor to follow, rules guiding the church, this rules are not from the scriptures. note this and stop arguing.

So now you mean the Catholic Church is based on rules and not on the freedom of the gospel of Jesus? Wow! See why i say you are in a prisonhouse? It is only in a prisonhouse that rules apply but my Bible tells me that where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty (Freedom) so I standfast in the Liberty wherewith Christ Has made me free.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2013
nnatom:

see my brother,i knw when one is nt ready to learn but to ridicule. So we both knw u are nt ready to learn, so i own u no answer. So guy, like d wise sayin, a word is enough for d wise. So keep wallowing in ur ignorance while i count my blessings. Takecare and also extend my greetings to that foreverguy dat he kept Falling my hand with dat act of copy and paste thing and also his wrong interpretation of d bible. May God help u both and i wish u well in all ur life endeavors.
GLORY TO JESUS AND HONOUR TO MARY.
I say a very big AMEN, GLORY TO JESUS AND HONOUR TO MARY.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: I say a very big AMEN, GLORY TO JESUS AND HONOUR TO MARY.

Obviously you are trying to dodge my question because you seem not to have an answer to it or perhaps you feel that if you answer it you would expose yourself to the truth. Dont be shy dear Chichi afterall your ID says talk2chichi and i want us to talk. so answer my question
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia: [size=15pt]Acts 13:10, “And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?”[/size]

Below is the 2nd commandment in Exodus. Do you see how the catholic church uses subtlety to distort the word of God? They bow to graven images but the word of God clearly says we should not do so

Exodus 20:4-5, “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.”
As you can see the Catholic church has some very good reasons for getting rid of these Scriptures, which forbid bowing to Statues. Notice that even bowing is a sin!!!

The old man cannot be changed, educated, rehabilitated, nor reformed. You need the new birth, that is, a spiritual birth—by receiving Christ's payment for your sins. The Gospel is defined in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4 as Christ's DEATH, BURIAL and RESURRECTION. If you receive the Gospel as payment for YOUR SINS, then you are saved.
mind what you are saying when you said the catholic church is cursed or evil so as not to condem yourself. Thanks
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: mind what you are saying when you said the catholic church is cursed or evil so as not to condem yourself. Thanks

Why are you jumping all over the place, focus on my question but even if you refer to my post which began with Acts 13:10 do you not bow to graven images even when in exodus 20:4-5 God says clearly that we shouldnt bow and that bowing to graven images is a sin.

Stop dodging and answer my previous question
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

So now you mean the Catholic Church is based on rules and not on the freedom of the gospel of Jesus? Wow! See why i say you are in a prisonhouse? It is only in a prisonhouse that rules apply but my Bible tells me that where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty (Freedom) so I standfast in the Liberty wherewith Christ Has made me free.
I never said Catholic Church is based on rules and not on the freedom of the gospel of Jesus? Jesus Christ is the head of Catholic Church, He is the founder, we have doctrines, you lack understanding that is what I detect, but the fact still remains that every church has is own doctrine whether you accept or not, your church has it own, infact your questions don't deserve an answer. May God help you. Amen
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Sunglow: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
I
grew up in a catholic home,went 2 catholic chruch did all i was
expected to do as a catholic thinking it will buy me my salavation,but
now i know better.D truth has bn unveiled.Jesus said except a man be
born again he can not see the kingdom of God.marvel not,YE MUST BE BORN
AGAIN.Now d scriptures say dat the things of God are foolishness to The
NATURAL MAN(d one dat is not born again)for he(D NATURAL MAN)can not
know them nor understand them cos the things of GOD are spiritually
understood.for without d new birth in christ,men will wallow in spiritual darkness n ignorance.God wasnt n He stil isnt stupid when He sent His son to die,He knewn excatly wat He was doing.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: I never said Catholic Church is based on rules and not on the freedom of the gospel of Jesus? Jesus Christ is the head of Catholic Church, He is the founder, we have doctrines, you lack understanding that is what I detect, but the fact still remains that every church has is own doctrine whether you accept or not, your church has it own, infact your questions don't deserve an answer. May God help you. Amen

According to you my question does not deserve an answer because you have none to give. I asked you a very simple question which is key to your profession of Christ and reveals who you really are in Him and you say it deserves no answer? This shows you have nothing to say and prefer to keep hiding under lies and falsehood.

Any Church doctrine which is contrary to the teachings of Christ is Falsehood and Heresy. Keep on doing wrong and your wrong will stand in Judgement against you and perhaps then you would say it was the Catholic church and its doctrine that made you miss heaven. God have mercy on your soul
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
4everGod:

If you pray to Mary, or anyone in Heaven, not only will God ignore you entirely, but you are sinning against God. 1st Timothy 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” We are to pray in Jesus' name for everything we need and desire, because Jesus is the God-man. As men we pray to the man Christ Jesus; and as God Jesus speaks to God the Father on our behalf. The only way to God the Father is through His Son, Jesus Christ. God does not listen to those who come to Him through Mary, nor Peter, nor saint Anthony, nor any other saint. You MUST come through the precious name of Jesus (John 14:6). Mary is NOTHING! Peter is NOTHING!

Jesus is everything! Amen.
Before my dad's burial, we were anxious about how the funeral would go, especially the weather. We made a novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Due to my dad's christian life, we felt sure he was in heaven and we also asked him for clement weather. From the week my dad died till today, the favours we received are just wonderful. Here's the good part. On the wake, a drizzle fell and muddied up the ground. But from the morning of the burial, the sun blazed without a hint of rain till the evening of the next day. My family always prays the rosary daily and we have always received favours from GOD. Like my dad I'll always be devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary and will render my services to the Catholic church.
Glory to Jesus, Honor to Mary.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kaycee7: Before my dad's burial, we were anxious about how the funeral would go, especially the weather. We made a novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Due to my dad's christian life, we felt sure he was in heaven and we also asked him for clement weather. From the week my dad died till today, the favours we received are just wonderful. Here's the good part. On the wake, a drizzle fell and muddied up the ground. But from the morning of the burial, the sun blazed without a hint of rain till the evening of the next day. My family always prays the rosary daily and we have always received favours from GOD. Like my dad I'll always be devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary and will render my services to the Catholic church.
Glory to Jesus, Honor to Mary.

You know what I would advice that you do in order to proove the efficacy of your Lady of Perpetual help, try casting out a demon by doing a Novena to her or by her name or whatever way else involves her and see if what happened to the seven sons of sceva wouldnt repeat itself in this modern age. Novena Ko, Novel Ni

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

So for your mind, rules apply only in a prisonhouse. Your home must have been something else. Freedom to do whatever you like, no rules. No wonder you expect Christ to have no respect for his Mother, you probably had none for your mum.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

You know what I would advice that you do in order to proove the efficacy of your Lady of Perpetual help, try casting out a demon by doing a Novena to her or by her name or whatever way else involves her and see if what happened to the seven sons of sceva wouldnt repeat itself in this modern age. Novena Ko, Novel Ni
St Dominic cast 1500 out of a heretic with a five decades of the rosary. What happened to the seven sons of sceva didn't happen. Keep whining. As for me and my brethren, we have heavenly connections.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Boomark(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: what do you know about the truth, you know nothing about the truth, Nnatom stop because your questions don't deserve an answer.

And you can't say something about the truth. Little little questions they answer.

Is Jesus Lord over Mary? *i can see her shivering*

I have always known dishonest people can't answer my questions. Are you now representing nnatom?

SMH!!! For chitom.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Eben2: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
My dear brothers and sisters,

Please allow me to make this little contribution.

RELIGION IS NOTHING BEFORE GOD BUT SALVATION THROUGHT THE CLEANSING BLOOD OF JESUS!

My Lord Jesus did not come to create a religion called Christianity or Catholicism; He came and died just for you and I John 10:10. We the beloved of God had willingly turned our back to our Creator and gave our dominion and God-given glory to satan. We decided to serve the devil and the lust of our flesh rather than the loving God.

Consequently, the righteous judgement of God was pronounced! Gen 2:17 "...for in the day that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die". So death (eternal separation from God) came because of sin. But because God loves us, not wanting us to die, gave His Son for the remission of our sins Rom 5:8; Lev 17:11; Heb 9:22b; Joh 3:16.

Therefore Jesus came, died and broke the middle wall of partition between man and God; those that believe of the Lord Jesus and accept Him as their Lord and savior are given victory over sin, made partakers of the lost glory and above all, become the sons and daughter of God and joint heirs with Christ. This means they have the same access that Christ has to God and can approach His throne of grace without fear. Math 27:51, Joh 1:12; “let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” Heb 4:16

It therefore means: no matter your religious believe or position, if you are not born-again i.e. saved and delivered from the claws of sin and satan, you have no part with God and God knows those that are His 2 Tim 2:19.

So, if your sins are yet to be washed by the blood of Jesus, if you are yet to receive the power to “go and sin no more”, you can do it now by repenting of your sins and calling on God for cleansing through the blood of His only begotten son. Do it and do it now!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kaycee7: St Dominic cast 1500 out of a heretic with a five decades of the rosary. What happened to the seven sons of sceva didn't happen. Keep whining. As for me and my brethren, we have heavenly connections.

Wow your st dominic cast out 1500 demons! Who was counting? The Pope? He used 5 decades of the rosary abi? 5 decades ko 200 legions ni. You just have nothing to say but clutch at straws. I suppose you have cast out 50 demons from another heretic somewhere else. Please tell me how many demons have i gotso you can count them while casting them out. mumu people.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kaycee7: So for your mind, rules apply only in a prisonhouse. Your home must have been something else. Freedom to do whatever you like, no rules. No wonder you expect Christ to have no respect for his Mother, you probably had none for your mum.

The rules guiding Christianity are just 2.

1. love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind;

2. And love thy neighbour as thyself.

Confirming this are the scriptures below:

John 8:41-43

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

John 14:15

[size=15pt]15 If ye love me, keep my commandments[/size].'

What are the commandments of Jesus? His Words are His commandments but does the catholic Church keep those commandments or have they formulated their own which is non existent in the words of Christ.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by LebanonCedars: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
MARY IS DEAD AND PROBABLY RESTING IN THE BOSSOM OF HER LORD AND SAVIOUR - JESUS

Mary was not the only virgin in Isreal as at the time Jesus came. She was therefore favored to be used by God as a vessel throu which His son would come to the world. Moreover, I believe she would not have been used if she was not betrothed to Joseph the grandson of David from whose lineage Jesus was to come.

God is not a respecter of person, if Joseph, Mary or any of her sons and daughters did not give their life to Christ before they died, such will be doomed!

A lot of great men and women of God had come and GONE only Jesus died and rose again and so He's the only one that can save, forgive sins, and mediate between man and God! Mary died the way I will die if Jesus is yet to come before my death and I will face the judgement of God the way Mary, Paul,Peter, John etc would face the judgement of God 'for it is appointed unto men to die once, after that the judgement' Heb 9:27, "for we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ that everyone may receive the things done in his body..." 2 Cor 5:10.

Don't let us blind ourselves with doctrines and philosophy of men the bible is explicit enough and in any language you may need so pick it, prayerfully study and meditate on it and you will find rest for your soul. As for me, I attend church and listen to God's Word but whatsoever you say to me must be in conformity with God's Word; if not, I don't follow it.

Shalom!!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

According to you my question does not deserve an answer because you have none to give. I asked you a very simple question which is key to your profession of Christ and reveals who you really are in Him and you say it deserves no answer? This shows you have nothing to say and prefer to keep hiding under lies and falsehood.

Any Church doctrine which is contrary to the teachings of Christ is Falsehood and Heresy. Keep on doing wrong and your wrong will stand in Judgement against you and perhaps then you would say it was the Catholic church and its doctrine that made you miss heaven. God have mercy on your soul
all the evil you are doing in your church will stand in judement againt you, you are the one to miss heaven and not me. I pray God to have mercy on your soul for you do not no what you are doing.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi: all the evil you are doing in your church will stand in judement againt you, you are the one to miss heaven and not me. I pray God to have mercy on your soul for you do not no what you are doing.

You just couldnt stay away could you? You who knows what you are doing why not answer my previous question and prove to all and sundry that you are walking in line with the word of God. Answer my previous question pls.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
@talk2chichi, 1 minute i saw you watching this forum and the next minute you ran away when i still insisted that you answer my question. Or is the question your nemesis? Are you afraid of what you might discover if you do answer it? Na wa o
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia: @talk2chichi, 1 minute i saw you watching this forum and the next minute you ran away when i still insisted that you answer my question. Or is the question your nemesis? Are you afraid of what you might discover if you do answer it? Na wa o
you are very funny how will I ran from the forum because of you or your questions, why should I be afraid of your questions, well for your information I don't logout, coming to your questions I will answer them, am not jobless if you are I use the little time I have.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia: @talk2chichi, 1 minute i saw you watching this forum and the next minute you ran away when i still insisted that you answer my question. Or is the question your nemesis? Are you afraid of what you might discover if you do answer it? Na wa o
am not afraid of answering your questions, I love this forum because it makes me do more research on how to defend the catholic church any day any time.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 26, 2013
talk2chichi: you are very funny how will I ran from the forum because of you or your questions, why should I be afraid of your questions, well for your information I don't logout, coming to your questions I will answer them, am not jobless if you are I use the little time I have.

Now she is shifting to direct insults in her attempt to dodge answering the question. Chichi answer the question and stop rersponding to my other posts. I also work but my android tablet, my office, my home laptop and my phone are all hooked up to the internet so i am online while on the go.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 26, 2013
talk2chichi: am not afraid of answering your questions, I love this forum because it makes me do more research on how to defend the catholic church any day any time.

For 14 hours i have been begging you to answer the question i asked you but you keep dodging it. My question is not rocket science o before you tell me that its only Albert Einstein who has the ability of responding to it. 14 hours to answer a question Chichi. For someone who claims to be knowledgeable and who knows what she is doing. Odikwa egwu. I know you are deliberately trying to stall while you do some research in your feeble attempt to justify the actions of the catholic church. I am waiting.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2013
its now 24hrs and my catholic apologist (talk2chichi) still cannot answer a simple question i asked her. Keep running o
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
All the catholic apologists have scampered for cover because they have been exposed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Prophet Ebelenna Chukwu Sprays Money Non Stop At A Wedding / Peller: 'TB Joshua, Oyakhilome Use Charms To Perform Miracles' / Apostle Suleman Embarrassed In Canada Church Service. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.