Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African (15227 Views)

African Americans Ain't African ,do You Agree / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 12:36am On Apr 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no you are absolutely wrong. we Hausa dont even use much of camels.

Bite me camel fuckrr.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Look at Sis with the know she ain't walk pass me look.

lol.
girl bye. tongue what's up??

i spoke to D yesterday. smiley wish you were there to see what he said to me.
deeeeeep!!! HMU with the offline connect again bighead!! tongue

send it to my email in profile.
we got a lot to catch up on.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 05, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

You know.
My man im gonna say this real quick before i get up outta here for work....i see your write up above me. I used to sing the same tune but what i realize is that if a person or group has their mind made up to dislike you, no amount of reasoning wil make it right. Some may pretend to like you (phonies) and others may still show you a screw face after you have made an effort to extend your hand in friendship. So my advice is take in all you need from this site. If its to learn about our past, nigeria, africa as a whole, or whatever do that.

My mistake was not keeping it at that level. Learn from me.
This is nairaland, there are good ppl here...i mean very friendly but you also have wolves too (aas, african, caribbean doesnt matter) so do your thing and give not one fck about who dislikes you esp. Since you wont see or hear from them once you log off lmao. smiley later dear.

Good post.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 05, 2013
Wow...Nice stereotyping. Good job...

PAGAN 9JA:

yes i understand seeing the number of posts you have made, ou are considerably new here and have not seen the AA troublemakers in action. and please dont deny.
Im not denying anything...I know AA's can be trouble makings as seen on other sites I been to, but I also seen Africans as trouble makers on AA sites. Now do I think of all Africans as trouble makers? No. Because I seen some good Africans on the net and in real life. And some Africans said they seen some good AA's in real life.

PAGAN 9JA:

almost ALL posts that you AAs [/i]do concern BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK. Enough of your racism and clubbing us all together as one people based on our skin colour! angry angry angry angry

1.I hope you know that I am part AA and Haitian.
2. What racism are you talking about?
3. No AA's club you all together because AA's and you guys are all of West=Central stock and AA's descend from West Africans and Central Africans like other black people from the diaspora. I don't believe in some Pan African cr*p, but the fact is all Africans are binded together via the pn2clade. Also you may not believe me, but I remember some Somali considering AA's brothers and sisters on another site.

PAGAN 9JA:

tomorrow you will club dark Indians and Austronesians with us as well, even though they probably dont even no of our existence and dont even care for us or share any of our conditions or similarities.
Lol...Are you insulting my intelligence with this? Like I don't know anything about this topic? Indians and Austronesians are obviously DISTANT from Africans, more distant than Europeans.

PAGAN 9JA:

and then the next thing you fellows start posting about is BLACK EGYPTIANS and ALL OF US BEING DESCENDED FROM SHEM AND HAM AND ISRAELITES WERE BLACK AND BLACK AND BLACK AND BLACK. Its just sickening. .

[i]LMAO
...Only ignorant people believe the Hebrew Israelites were black...DO you seriously think many of the black people in America think that? Those Black Hebrew Israelites are mostly in NYC and other black people don't even take them serious. As for the Egyptians...Yes they were of black/African descent, but OBVIOUSLY they were of Northeast African stock.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you see! you are again being racist and clubbing us on comparisions based on skin colour. why didnt you include Chinese, Natives, Arabs, etc., in this post?

this is what Im talking about. .

Aye...You really missed my point. What does this topic have to do with freaking Chinese people, Native people or Arab people? This situation ISN'T about them. This is about African descent people not understanding other African descent people and thus they make ignorant comments to on e another. What are you even talking about being racist? You make no sense.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Blyss: 4:15am On Apr 05, 2013
H-Star89:

dude its more than just having a negative view of a certain group... its something else, otherwise AAs wouldn't be brought up so much. I've been on canadian, caribbean and african forums, same ish! undecided

It's a simple case of when you're on top, all others will want to drag you down. It's the same scenario when speaking on a more worldly basis. The US is the top dog among all nations, and thus most other nationals constantly speak negatively about Americans and our nation, though cant seem to stop desiring to come here, imitate most anything that comes from here. There envy is often displayed as a form of hatred. Of course this doesn't go for all Africans/foreigners but a good chunk for certain.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 4:27am On Apr 05, 2013
Blyss:

It's a simple case of when you're on top, all others will want to drag you down. It's the same scenario when speaking on a more worldly basis. The US is the top dog among all nations, and thus most other nationals constantly speak negatively about Americans and our nation, though cant seem to stop desiring to come here, imitate most anything that comes from here. There envy is often displayed as a form of hatred. Of course this doesn't go for all Africans/foreigners but a good chunk for certain.

I disagree with this comment.

Also Switzerland, Australia and Norway all have a better quality of life compared to the USA.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Blyss: 5:51am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I disagree with this comment.

Also Switzerland, Australia and Norway all have a better quality of life compared to the USA.

This isn't about quality of life, it's about status and influence. All of those nations are rather small economically and population wise, and insignificant in world influence. The embassy lines to get to the US are certainly much longer than the lines to get in to either of those nations.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 05, 2013
Blyss:

This isn't about quality of life, it's about status and influence. All of those nations are rather small economically and population wise, and insignificant in world influence. The embassy lines to get to the US are certainly much longer than the lines to get in to either of those nations.

True, you may be right on influence. But still I wouldn't be jealous if my country had all its needs. Most countries in Europe are not jealous of the USA. I definitely know countries like Japan and some East Asian countries are not jealous of the USA.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:59am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Bite me camel fuckrr.

look whos talking! the people who proudly do dogs and whos men do each other!
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:15am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:
Wow...Nice stereotyping. Good job...

Im not denying anything...I know AA's can be trouble makings as seen on other sites I been to, but I also seen Africans as trouble makers on AA sites. Now do I think of all Africans as trouble makers? No. Because I seen some good Africans on the net and in real life. And some Africans said they seen some good AA's in real life.

excuse me! what AA sites? show me examples! atleast my Hausa people dont go to your sites and do bullsh!t so why are your people coming here and talking nonsense?

1.I hope you know that I am part AA and Haitian.
2. What racism are you talking about?
3. No AA's club you all together because AA's and you guys are all of West=Central stock and AA's descend from West Africans and Central Africans like other black people from the diaspora. I don't believe in some Pan African cr*p, but the fact is all Africans are binded together via the pn2clade. Also you may not believe me, but I remember some Somali considering AA's brothers and sisters on another site.

1. no i didnt know but now I know. anyways that doesnt make a difference. you are still mixed and of the AA stock.
2. The racism i talk about is the constant clubbing of all of us African Tribespeople as BLACKS, when our skin colour is of varying shades of brown and we dont give a rats A$$ for your US-style racist classifications, and your black supermacy views, and black this and black that.
3.so then stop clubbing us together! because we Africans are not 1 people. We belong to different tribes and your clubbing of all of us like common slaves based on skin-colour is degrading and ostentatious. wtf is pn2clad? you might call yourself black because you are all mixed but dont call us African that! W have our own identity and tribes and refer to us by that or by the name of our Nation. angry
LMAO!!!! and you took that Somali seriously? those ignorant people got no clue of everything. they change their colour whenever they feel like it. Sometimes they ar Africans, sometimes black , and sometime Arabs. *smh

Lol...Are you insulting my intelligence with this? Like I don't know anything about this topic? Indians and Austronesians are obviously DISTANT from Africans, more distant than Europeans.

South Indians and Austronesians probably came from a separate branch that had its roots in Africa, but what reason does that give you to club them all with us as well?! like some of you have already done here. They have evolved into their own distinct separate people now. you can just club everyone together based on racism and skin colour. skin colour can change with time! but ethnicity/blood wont!

LMAO...Only ignorant people believe the Hebrew Israelites were black...DO you seriously think many of the black people in America think that? Those Black Hebrew Israelites are mostly in NYC and other black people don't even take them serious. As for the Egyptians...Yes they were of black/African descent, but OBVIOUSLY they were of Northeast African stock.

GOOD. tell that to your akata friends here!

As for the Egyptians, By the GODS! STOP CONFUSING BETWEEN EGYPTIANS AND NUBIANS ! these are 2 separate people that have had close associations , yet are different!
and there is no such thing as black/African descent. again you are displaying racist arrogance! Egyptians are equally Äfricans as Nubians. both reside n the same continent. even Berbers are equally Africans as any other person, say Hausa , or Zulu, etc. .

regardless of their skin colour.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:17am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Aye...You really missed my point. What does this topic have to do with freaking Chinese people, Native people or Arab people? This situation ISN'T about them. This is about African descent people not understanding other African descent people and thus they make ignorant comments to on e another. What are you even talking about being racist? You make no sense.

ON WHAT BASIS SHOULD US AFRICANS UNDERSTAND YOU? Just because we are from the same continent? we are different people now!
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 05, 2013
Whew...Somebody seems to be taking this topic a little too emotionally.

PAGAN 9JA:

excuse me! what AA sites? show me examples! atleast my Hausa people dont go to your sites and do bullsh!t so why are your people coming here and talking nonsense?

Did I mention your Hausa people going to sites and causing troubles? And I even admitted AA's cause trouble too, why so emotional?

PAGAN 9JA:

1. no i didnt know but now I know. anyways that doesnt make a difference. you are still mixed and of the AA stock.
2. The racism i talk about is the constant clubbing of all of us African Tribespeople as BLACKS, when our skin colour is of varying shades of brown and we dont give a rats A$$ for your US-style racist classifications, and your black supermacy views, and black this and black that.
3.so then stop clubbing us together! because we Africans are not 1 people. We belong to different tribes and your clubbing of all of us like common slaves based on skin-colour is degrading and ostentatious. wtf is pn2clad? you might call yourself black because you are all mixed but dont call us African that! W have our own identity and tribes and refer to us by that or by the name of our Nation. angry
LMAO!!!! and you took that Somali seriously? those ignorant people got no clue of everything. they change their colour whenever they feel like it. Sometimes they ar Africans, sometimes black , and sometime Arabs. *smh

1. What's a 'AA stock'? You really seem to have something against African Americans. But its whatever really.
2. Lol...Who brought up black supremacy or USA racial classification? KidStranglehold doesn't go by that view and knows Africans are diverse. Please stop projecting your stereotypical views of AA's on KidStranglehold.
3. Um...I am highly aware Africans are the most DIVERSE group of people since they are the OLDEST. Its funny you as a West African is saying African Americans and Africans are different. When in fact African Americans(including the diaspora) are of the same stock. Not only that but...But African Americans and West-Central Africans carry E1b1a at high frequencies... grin I understand different cultures and what not, but that doesn't take away the fact that AA's and other African descent people of the diaspora are closely related to West-Central Africans. smiley

Also Pn2 Clade is the below...

"Individuals with the same morphology do not necessarily cluster with each other by lineage, and a given lineage does not include only individuals with the same trait complex (or 'racial type'). Y-chromosome DNA from Africa alone suffices to make this point. Africa contains populations whose members have a range of external phenotypes. This variation has usually been described in terms of 'race' (Caucasoids, Pygmoids, Congoids, Khoisanoids). But the Y-chromosome clade defined by the PN2 transition (PN2/M35, PN2/M2) shatters the boundaries of phenotypically defined races and true breeding populations across a great geographical expanse. African peoples with a range of skin colors, hair forms and physiognomies have substantial percentages of males whose Y chromosomes form closely related clades with each other, but not with others who are phenotypically similar. The individuals in the morphologically or geographically defined 'races' are not characterized by 'private' distinct lineages restricted to each of them." (S O Y Keita, R A Kittles, et al. "Conceptualizing human variation," Nature Genetics 36, S17 - S20 (2004)

^^^What that basically is saying is that it doesn't matter what phenotype Africans display, because most of them are genetically related and share a common ancestor.

As for the Somali women who stated that...She was serious and other Somalis know they are African/black. I met a lot of Somalis online who know they are African/Black. Stop listening to those Somali nuts on Somalinet and the Somali resident on here. smiley

PAGAN 9JA:

South Indians and Austronesians probably came from a separate branch that had its roots in Africa, but what reason does that give you to club them all with us as well?! like some of you have already done here. They have evolved into their own distinct separate people now. you can just club everyone together based on racism and skin colour. skin colour can change with time! but ethnicity/blood wont!

Again stop projecting what other people say on me! Its getting annoying. South Indians and Austronesians are distant from Africans and I even showed you a genetic tree.

PAGAN 9JA:

GOOD. tell that to your akata friends here!
I don't speak for them. I speak for me and myself. Judge people INDIVIDUALITY.

PAGAN 9JA:

As for the Egyptians, By the GODS! STOP CONFUSING BETWEEN EGYPTIANS AND NUBIANS ! these are 2 separate people that have had close associations , yet are different!
and there is no such thing as black/African descent. again you are displaying racist arrogance! Egyptians are equally Äfricans as Nubians. both reside n the same continent. even Berbers are equally Africans as any other person, say Hausa , or Zulu, etc. .

regardless of their skin colour.

Again stop insulting my intelligence! I am well versed on the Egyptians and Nubians. Do you really think I would confuse the two No one is freaking displaying racist arrogance. Are you serious? I put 'Black/African'. Black=socially and African=genetically. In genetics we don't USE terms such as black or white. I KNOW African is not synonymous with black, but I'm speaking genetically. Again you are projecting things onto me. And also Nubians are not that much different from the Egyptians. Out of all the people of Northeast Africa, the Nubians are the closest to the Egyptians genetically and culturally.

Ancient Egyptians & Nubians were the closest related peoples to each other. River Nile civilizations, a river that flows northwards.

Today modern North Sudanese are closest related to Egyptians which is said to correlate with historic close relations between the two who share the longest border.
''Individuals from northern Sudan clustered together with those from Egypt, and individuals from southern Sudan clustered with those from the Karamoja population (Uganda). The similarity of the Nubian and Egyptian populations suggest that migration, potentially bidirectional, occurred along the Nile river Valley, which is consistent with the historical evidence for long-term interactions between Egypt and Nubia.''
Source (Result; 5th sentence):
http://www.investigativegenetics.com/content/2/1/12#abs

Quote:
''The patterns of population structure we found in northeast Africa, in particular the similarity of Nubian (a northern Sudanese group that speak Nilo-Saharan languages) and the Egyptian population. is consistent with the historical evidence for long-term interactions between Egypt and Nubia, probably resulting in genetic flow between the two regions.''

Stronger evidence points to the relation between Ancient Egypt & Nubia to of occurred before the establishment of those civilizations in the ''late Pleistocene to mid-Holocene'' periods. As opposed to Egyptians & Nubian civilizations conquering each other later.
''However, a synthesis of evidence from archaeology, historical linguistics, texts, distribution of haplotypes outside Egypt, and some demographic considerations lends greater support to the establishment, before the Middle Kingdom, of the observed distributions of the most prevalent haplotypes V, XI, and IV. It is suggested that the pattern of diversity for these variants in the Egyptian NILE VALLEY was largely the product of population events that occurred in the late Pleistocene to mid-Holocene through the First Dynasty, and was sustained by continuous smaller-scale bidirectional migrations/interactions. The higher frequency of V in Ethiopia than in Nubia or upper (southern) Egypt has to be taken into account in any discussion of variation in the NILE VALLEY.''
Source:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16136533

Quote:
''Egypt and Nubia have low and similar amounts of divergence for both mtDNA types, which is consistent with historical evidence for long-term interactions between Egypt and Nubia.''
Source:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10090902

I NEVER SAID Nubians and Egyptians were the EXACT SAME PEOPLE! I clearly said the Ancient Egyptians were of Northeast African stock. Meaning people of Northeast like Ethiopians(Oromos and other Afro-Asiatic speakers of Ethiopia), Beja's, Somalis, Afar people, Siwa Berbers and many Nile Saharan people are closet related to the Ancient Egyptians! They are all of the same group and more closely related to others, some less related to others or some more related to others. But Nubians on the other hand out of all the people of Northeast Africa are the closest.

Please don't debate me on this...And I know Berbers are African since the majority of their Y-DNA is African. Again I KNOW African is not synonymous with black!
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ON WHAT BASIS SHOULD US AFRICANS UNDERSTAND YOU? Just because we are from the same continent? we are different people now!

Umm...To stop ignorance. Which is even displayed on this forum.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2013
Kidstranger.....you ain't no damn Haitian.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Kidstranger.....you ain't no damn Haitian.

You want me to post a pic? And I said I was part Haitian. -__-
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

You want me to post a pic? And I said I was part Haitian. -__-

Post it. Double dare you.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Post it. Double dare you.
wink
*pics removed*

I suck at taking pics. I'm not leaving the pics up for long.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by kandiikane(m): 10:23am On Apr 05, 2013
^you don't have any of your face. A clear one?
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2013
kandiikane: ^you don't have any of your face. A clear one?
*pic removed*

^^Do you see those fierce 'Negroid features'? grin

Also I wrote KidStranglehold on a green paper, just in case.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:
wink
*pics removed*

I suck at taking pics. I'm not leaving the pics up for long.

Ou gade bel fre mewn an. kiss
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Ou gade bel fre mewn an. kiss

lol thanks. cheesy
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by kandiikane(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:
*pic removed*

^^Do you see those fierce 'Negroid features'? grin

Also I wrote KidStranglehold on a green paper, just in case.

Can't see it. Green paper covering it. tongue
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2013
kandiikane: ^you don't have any of your face. A clear one?

Move heffa he ain't posted them for you!!! tongue
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by kandiikane(m): 10:33am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Move heffa he ain't posted them for you!!! tongue

Lol, sharrap! You always ask for photos but never your own. Kidstronghold, I think it's best if you ask for hers too. Fair, isn't it? tongue
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 05, 2013
kandiikane:

Can't see it. Green paper covering it. tongue

I'll try to post a better one.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by kandiikane(m): 10:34am On Apr 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I'll try to post a better one.
smiley
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 10:36am On Apr 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

look whos talking! the people who proudly do dogs and whos men do each other!

Are you admitting I am right about your kind?!!! Pagandumb....put the dick down suga and stop swallowing for a minute.....are you really dumb for real nigga?
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2013
kandiikane:
smiley

Now I have to upload the, to my Photobucket account.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by MrsChima(f): 10:38am On Apr 05, 2013
My picture is on profile....cute booty huh Kiddie? Winks.
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 05, 2013
I look like complete sh*t in these pics grin...But anyways.

This is how a African American+Haitian mixed breed looks like. grin

*Pics removed*
Re: Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
My picture is on profile....cute booty huh Kiddie? Winks.

Lol. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yorubas Lets Share Our Lineage Praises Here / Traditional Ika Names / Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.