Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34242 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mathskill: 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
How is GEJ the problem. Nigeran's are the problem.First of all Nigerians voted him.They knew what they were voting for so why turn around and cry foul.Second the national assembly isn't inhabited by aliens but by Nigerians, if they feel he is no match for the job why not impeach him,they can't.The frank fact is that GEJ as a person is a nice fellow but unfortunately saddled with the responsibility far greater than he can shoulder.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
mathskill: How is GEJ the problem. Nigeran's are the problem.First of all Nigerians voted him.They knew what they were voting for so why turn around and cry foul.Second the national assembly isn't inhabited by aliens but by Nigerians, if they feel he is no match for the job why not impeach him,they can't.The frank fact is that GEJ as a person is a nice fellow but unfortunately saddled with the responsibility far greater than he can shoulder.

So you dont think he should un"shoulder" those things and govern?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ektbear: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
interesting.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Tunmosh(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
That is a wonderful observation and recommendation. I think many Nigerian still don't believe that our leaders have finished us, this generation of ours is a jilted ones I think this is the high time for us to rise en mass and say no this selfish and oppressive attitude.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by talktimi(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Many Nigerians especially on nairaland think that access to the internet automatically make them expert Naija political analysts. Unfortunately, most of you guys are operating under "herd mentality" and therefore you see those with different views as targets to be insulted both tribal and intellectually.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
me_for_you: If voting jonathan in 2015 will make mala divide this country, then I will definitely vote jonathan in 2015.

Your problem is not with "Mala" so dont deceive yourself while attempting to deceive others.

When was the last time you had 24hrs light for 6 months straight, bruh? Lmao oh, you think its impossible?

Yeah, go ahead and vote GEJ again.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Yusluv77(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
"Our war has ended, because war is now with us.." Hmmm
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by abusol: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay. Don't allow GEJ and PDP use reform to destroy your future. Why must they think of increase fuel pump price? When they ve made life so difficult for Nigeria masses.. This is a Govt that celebrate those looters that have looted the treasury...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by abusol: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
The corrupt and clueless leader must die so that the country can live
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by cowtail: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
Our lawmakers lack the moral justification to impeach jona. They are equally corrupt. Remember, dogs don't eat dog meat.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by pholubaba(m): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
dougivilla: I wish Nigeria had a bigger fool than you! #*lastfoolstanding*#
Have you eaten today? Hehehehehe...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by pholubaba(m): 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
dougivilla: I wish Nigeria had a bigger fool than you! #*lastfoolstanding*#
Have you eaten today? Hehehehehe
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by pholubaba(m): 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
Have you eaten today? Hehehehehe
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
Decryptor: How can they impeach him when the bigger thief a.k.a David Mark is the senate president? A man who rejected a bill that unemployed graduates in Nigeria should be paid N20,000 every month. They are all bloody criminals. If only...If just only the dreaded Boko Haram would stop killing innocent citizens and divert their activities to these thieving nigerian poli"trick"ians and their families, they would have my thumbs up at the end of the day. God bless the mod who posted this on FP. This is the kind of story that should be on frontpage so that the whole world will know what is going on.
n
N20,000 for all unemployed youths a month! Are u normal at all?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
DaLover:
n

tongue shocked cool . . . Lol
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 7:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
Camilia247: Mr. Brinkley wrote a column for Tribune Media Services (http://trib.in/WeyJsR) that contains largely inaccurate facts, poorly- (or un-) researched information, hear-say and grossly xenophobic opinions about Vietnam and Vietnamese culture, and disguised it all as legitimate journalism. When called out about the errors in his so-called journalism, Mr. Brinkley not only defended his writing, but further disparaged other Southeast Asian countries.

Why should such an unethical professional be able to shape the minds of young scholars at such a well-regarded institution such as Stanford? Shame on you.
https://www.change.org/petitions/professor-joel-brinkley-stanford-university-resign-from-teaching

ANYBODY WILL JUST SIT SOMEWHERE AND WRITE RUBBISH..IS NIG IS THE ONLY COUNTRY? YES WE HAVE PROBLEMS, BUT I THINK EFFORTS ARE BEING MADE TO CORRECT THIS ABNORMALIES, WHY SHOULD ONE WHITE GUY THAT BELIEVES HE KNOWS EVERYTHING JUST SIT AND TRY TO CREATE CHAOS IN OUR MIDST...HE SHUD WRITE ABT HIS COUNTRY, COS THE HAVE THEIR OWN PERCULIAR PROBLEMS TOO..

He is allowed to create chaos because the uninformed ldiots outnumber the right thinking people
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
Billyonaire: What has the Yorubas contributed to the nation's purse. This is me getting tribal, Answer me!

Haba! Where do u expect the guy to get the answers to such a tough question?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Fighting corruption is not show biz like in the days of Ribadu. The best way to fight corruption is to prevent it and not by witch hunting. Of all the gra gra that Rubadu did at EFCC, how much money did he recover into the Federal purse?

GEJ through the Minister of finance and coordinating minister for the economy is carrying out serious reforms and building institutions that will prevent corrupt practices and you are asking the kind if question you asked above.

Do you think that it's by magic that the FIRS were able to collect and remit a revenue of 3.9 trillion as at September last year when their target was 3.2 trillion naira? Are you aware that 45,000 ghost workers have been weeded from the Federal pay roll thereby saving 100 billion naira? Do you know that the introduction of the use of biometrics in the police force has also reduced the wage bill of the Nigerian police force drastically.

Also, you may be aware that our Federal legislators used to collect huge sums of money for constituency projects which most of the time end in their bank accounts. I understand that this is no longer so as they are no longer given thus money but asked to choose a project and location and the Federal ministry concerned will award the contract.

My friend, the best way to fight corruption is to block loopholes that allow for corruption by building strong and virile institutions and not by hounding people in handcuffs. Did the humiliation of Tafa Balogun by Ribadu stop Sunday Ehindero from looting police funds? No. Did the conviction of Alams stop the governors from stealing? No.

Why are people like you so few and far in between?
Reading the post from most NLers leaves one wondering why Nigerians are incapable of rational thinking, no one has even bothered to find out the story about the ambulances.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
kingoflag:

My cry from day one this mumu made his 1st political blunder when just 3 weeks after he got into power he was already thinking of becoming life President by proposing that 7yr single term constitutional amendment; and dont for once think he has forgotten about it.

President for life by proposing a 7 year tenure...I.e he was expecting to live for just 7 more years......can u try to be wise for once!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Point of correction, there is a difference between declaration of assets and public declaration of assets. Declaration of assets is a constitutional requirement for all public office holders and GEJ has done that. The constitution doesn't require him to make such declaration public. Anyone who is interested in knowing the president's assets should approach the CODE OF CONDUCT BUREAU using the Freedom of information (FOI) act which was signed into law by the same GEJ to obtain such information. Misrepresenting information with intent to misinform the gullible public won't make APC win the next elections that's if the merger even succeeds.

Thanks for correcting that Buffon
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by moneyhungry(m): 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
DaLover:
n
he said unemployed GRADUATES.
OdE.
are u normal?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Adamo84(m): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
kingoflag:

So, lets say I own a huge company that produces clothes.....

My company is failing after years of mismanagement, embezzlements, financial misappropriation, internal wrangling and poor labor amongst the workers etc and I hire you to come salvage my company but instead of doing what youre paid for you start pilfering my money, sharing it with your friends, build a mission house for your wife because she said her friends insisted, build another magnificent mansion for your Vice (whom you picked with your own hand and which I didnt object to because I trusted your choices in making my company profitable again) instead of staying in the old one, you attend meetings overseas with a retinue fit only for a gangsta rapper's posse--- all on my dime!!!!

So, when I ask you why youre further destroying my company you'll tell me to shut up because others have destroyed it before you arrived?

If you dont know, Nigerians own the company called Nigeria, and they hired GEJ to revive their country, hes not doing the job and they have every right to fire him and seek redress and restitution for any monies they can prove he pilfered from them. The contract was for him to do a good job for 4 years, he has not lived up to his own end so the Nigerian people can invoke the "Impeachment" clause and have him removed immediately.

I think GEJ should be impeached.
grin
kingoflag:

So, lets say I own a huge company that produces clothes.....

My company is failing after years of mismanagement, embezzlements, financial misappropriation, internal wrangling and poor labor amongst the workers etc and I hire you to come salvage my company but instead of doing what youre paid for you start pilfering my money, sharing it with your friends, build a mission house for your wife because she said her friends insisted, build another magnificent mansion for your Vice (whom you picked with your own hand and which I didnt object to because I trusted your choices in making my company profitable again) instead of staying in the old one, you attend meetings overseas with a retinue fit only for a gangsta rapper's posse--- all on my dime!!!!

So, when I ask you why youre further destroying my company you'll tell me to shut up because others have destroyed it before you arrived?

If you dont know, Nigerians own the company called Nigeria, and they hired GEJ to revive their country, hes not doing the job and they have every right to fire him and seek redress and restitution for any monies they can prove he pilfered from them. The contract was for him to do a good job for 4 years, he has not lived up to his own end so the Nigerian people can invoke the "Impeachment" clause and have him removed immediately.

I think GEJ should be impeached.
I swear to God who created the Heavens and the Earth, This your Post is the Most complete, sensible and appropriate Post so far for the Goodluck Butt Likkers, this one realy got me laughing badly. God Bless you and your Entire generation and those who share this ideology that "The Mofo in Aso Villa, Shoeless and Brainless Fisherman should be Impeached with immediate Alacrity". I rest my Case and Thread Closed. Gbam!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
seunajia: The issue of GEJ's criminality has been overflogged on this forum. It is not that some of you do not know what the minimum is. It is that we are greedy bastards who take N500 and mortgage our future to these marauders on election day. It is that we are weak souls who are easily swayed by mere mention of names or some religion, or pastors or ethnic group. It is that we allow halfwits like dreamland Billyonaire, Pro01, Sincere9jerian, tahraqa etc, who are hired goons to talk down on us all, why? Because we mortgaged our futures for N500.

If there is going to be any revolution, it must start with these foot soldiers who dwell amongst us. Just like the black traitors who captured and sold our forefathers to the European slave traders for few pieces of silver, they must all be drowned by our chants of enough is enough! They must be exterminated!

I felt so nauseated this evening when someone bothered to remind us that Mr. X did worse, so Mr. Y should not be inveighed. As if Mr. X is the best thing ever created by God. As if it is fine to continue in the path of destruction. As if evil is a suitable benchmark for more evil?

One thing I want you all to know is, insofar as the ND is a part of the FRN, the oil there belongs to all Nigerians, dead or alive. Enough of the blackmail! If this country is going to break-up because we refuse to allow criminals continue in Aso-rock, then it better break up!

Home run, tell jonah to prepare, if by whiskers he misses the judgment of Nigerian mob, the nemesis of the grave awaits him and ofcourse, you all.

To all Nigerians, the American prediction is almost here. It's hightime you took your future in your hands!

When u refuse to solve the fundamental corruption of majority ethnic groups changing the rules of revenue sharing, ur farm land is yours but my oil is for everyone, that's an unjust and corrupt system that people like you encourage...

It's possible that God is punishing nigeria for cheating the 9ja deltans
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
DaLover:

When u refuse to solve the fundamental corruption of majority ethnic groups changing the rules of revenue sharing, ur farm land is yours but my oil is for everyone, that's an unjust and corrupt system that people like you encourage...

[s] It's possible that God is punishing nigeria for cheating the 9ja deltans[/s]

The rules of sharing what? Who were those that drafted and consented to these "rules"?

"Your oil"? did you plant the oil? undecided is the ND an autonomous country? What of the Limestone in shagamu, Obajana? What of the Tin in plateau? Iron ore in Itakpe? Coal in Enugu? Bitumen all over the SW? Solid minerals spread all over the country?
Truly, Education != common sense.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
seunajia:

The rules of sharing what? Who were those that drafted and consented to these "rules"?

"Your oil"? did you plant the oil? undecided is the ND an autonomous country? What of the Limestone in shagamu, Obajana? What of the Tin in plateau? Iron ore in Itakpe? Coal in Enugu? Bitumen all over the SW? Solid minerals spread all over the country?
Iron ore in Itakpe, limestone in shagamu, obajana, tin in plateau...yet we all talk about oil...because I didn't plant it abi....

Until ur country stops operating on a foundation that denies the owners of the land rights to thie resources, all will not be well
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dougivilla(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
seunajia:

Did you listen to yourself? Where are the proceeds from all these resources you mentioned? Why always oil money? Educated illitrate!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dafman10(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
uihebom: I don't really know buhari that much, but if he will come and kill some politicians then he is ok by me.

dis really got me high on lafter. . . . . Hehehehehehe
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
dougivilla: Did you listen to yourself? Where are the proceeds from all these resources you mentioned? Why always oil money? Educated illitrate!

The gran mas of old didn't understand grammar, but they had common-sense. I blame the many years of misrule for your pathetic situation.

dougivilla: Where are the proceeds from all these resources you mentioned? Why always oil money?

The only intelligible thing I picked from your misplaced post.

Thats the purpose of this thread; the country is on the path to destruction and the politicians care less.

Do we even know the volume of oil pumped daily? The militants get paid billions monthly while the people starve to death.

What a waste. Nigeria awake!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by sweetgala(m): 10:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
Forget oil price, forget the bastards that have lead us into this mess.
GEJ so far has been useless, something about him just reads mediocre ,stupid. How can an elected president turn around and say he doesn't care what the citizens think.
Same chap that suddenly increased the price of petrol on the first day of the year.
The chap is just clueless even David Cameroon and Obama combined don't dare whisper the words I don't care.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by joseph1832(m): 12:21am On Mar 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: There's no point trying to challenge a senseless article. This is the oil multinationals fighting back to stall passage of PIB. All their effort is dead on arrival. QED.

Meanwhile, I understand the fact that HATERS (losers at the 2011 elections) will fight amongst themselves in attempt to queue behind the senseless article.
Please put a sock in it! When you came out your own artile what did you call all those who refuted your claim?

I've often wondered why you are this myyopic! Must everybody support your GEJ?!

I this world people will hate you, people will love you, it is only those who live in a dream world that would like everybody to love them. Just like you and the falsehood you represent!

Away from here...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ohiK(m): 1:47am On Mar 27, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] May we help us.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=DaLover]

Thanks for correcting that Buffon [/quote

U mean JUVENTUS goal Keeper? shocked shocked grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Checkout This Photo Of Jonathan & Oshiomhole When The Going Was Good / Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster / Flood Takes Over Ayesan Area Of Ijebu Ode After Rain (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.