Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34252 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by nex(m): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
Any further attempt to analyse the level of damage, destruction, insecurity, and corruption prevailing in this country today is to resume another round of whipping on the proverbial dead horse.

The spate of Boko Haram bombings, budgeting of billions of Naira for the construction of infrastructure of vanity for the presidency, and the recent pardoning of convicted criminals in the same circles as the president would have cleared any doubts about the intentions of the Executive arm of this government.

The action to take now, is not the writing of lengthy lamentations, or tweeting of rants on Twitter, or even hitting the streets to protest a la "Ocuppy Nigeria", but to abide by the lawful, orderly, and Constitutional means of dealing with such matters: We must impeach the president. We are left with no alternative.

It is only citizens who have not read the Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria that are not aware of their lawful right to serve their Senators orders, including those requesting for the impeachment of the President.

In a case whereby Senators heed not to such a request by the electorate of their Senatorial District, Section 69 of the Constitution enables them to be removed and replaced with those more keen to do as told.

If you want change, it begins with writing out, printing, or filling the relevant information ( Your address, Date, Senatorial District address of the Senator representing the District where you registered as a voter, Senator's name, Your name, and the VIN on your Voters' Card). Submit to the Senatorial District Office, and start meeting, and lobbying within whatever interest group, union, or association you belong to to get as many as two thirds of registered voters in Nigeria involved too.

You may also edit as you deem fit, print, and share to fellow citizens who may not have access to the internet. Thank you.

_________________________,
_________________.
___________.
_______________________,
_______________________,
___________,
___________.

Senator _______________________,

Request For The Impeachment Of The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Accept this instant notice as a request for initiating impeachment proceedings, pursuant to Section 143 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, against Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the sitting president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The president has engaged in various activities which amount to gross misconduct including, but not limited to:
1. Wanton and wasteful expenditure of state resources.
2. Inaction in the face of widespread loss of lives and properties he swore to protect.
3. Disregard for due process in declaring his personal assets.
4. Abuse of office in the appointment of his friends and political sponsors as head of agencies.
5. Use of state instruments to pardon his criminal friends previous convicted.
6. Dictatorial impositions on Nigerian citizens without due process in the instances of removing fuel subsidy, and renaming Federal parastatals.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has also shown absolute incompetence in handling issues of national importance at the helm of affairs of this nation, with grave consequences. The conduct of President Jonathan is a violation of his Oath of Office, and his duties and obligations.

Endeavour to commence the process of impeachment immediately, as there will be no hesitation to invoke Section 69 of 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on failure to perform this most exigent duty.

Name: __________________
VIN (Voters' Identification Number) : _______________________

IF THE DOCUMENT DOES NOT APPEAR THE WAY IT SHOULD, VISIT: http://thediaryofabadman..com/2013/03/impeach-president.html

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by concacid: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
May d almighty help us, save us d hands of daft men.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by soulfood(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.

Let us face the real issues raised in the article. The article was not about who is better of GEJ and OBJ but about Nigeria and how GEJ as its present leader is following the path of corruption like his predecessors, instead of charting new territories of fresh air he promised us. He should have told us during the election campaign that we will have to breathe the corrupt air during his regime too. Leadership is to serve, not to feed yourself fat but by all indications Mr GEJ is more interested in doing the latter. I am waiting to see how he intends to win an election in this country ever again. That is one game plan i want to see.

All these GEJ die hard fans e

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Gamji007: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
ocee31: Joel brinkley is an idiot & should be beheaded. This guy should be made to apologize. Has he ever been to Nigeria? Go & read his article on vietnam & you'll find out that this guy is a complete slowpoke

Please stop disgracing yourself with this your post. Demand appology for being told the truth?

With people like you, is there hope for this country? undecided

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by greenguy: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
i always say that corruption is Nigeria’s only problem. it has eaten so deep that it has become a way of life even with the common man on the street; people have no sense of guilt anymore. really, we don’t need good road, electricity, health care or housing, if we can stamp out corruption, these will naturally follow - the way forward is breaking the ring, break PDP.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Orikinla(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
The fact Orikinla saw the incompetence of GEJ even before his election only confirms my foresight.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nothing is new here....please let everyone move along! Just because some guy from "stanford" writes a piece that only re-iterates what we all know already. Nigerians have mastered corruption, from the head of state down to the orange seller on the street. It's an imbibed culture....So I think all Nigerians need to be impeached. Granted Goodluck Jonathan has failed woefully in tackling the problem, but the dude is not the Messiah Nigerians desperately need [we cannot crucify him for that since he was "democratically" elected]. Nigeria can only change for the better BY FORCE!!!!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ochizo(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
Like I've always said and will continue saying ... Nigeria is the only country where everything happens and nothing happens...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Gamji007: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
ewet:
FOR US TO STILL HAVE THE SCUMBAG CALLED GEJ FOR PRESIDENT,WE ARE OBVIOUSLY A NATION OF 180 MILLION MUMUS,DUNCES, BUFFOONS AND BRAINLESS PEOPLE. after all it is what the people are tht determines the kind of leaders they get. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mehn,u r damn too harsh, but its the SAD truth.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dfolan: 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Imanuelle: Even i, would wish for a military comeback.
Our saintly civilians have caused us more pain, and deaths.

I was never a fan of the western world, but now, i just need to take my family out of the country, where my kids have a future, and never look back! Never! Never!

Where the hell were my great-grandfathers, when africans were being picked as slaves?
Maybe he would have suffered for a while, and i'd have had a better future by now.
mehn you got me laughing uncontrollably
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by abes(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Here is the correct link...
copy all

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sns-201303191300--tms--amvoicesctnav-c20130319-20130319,0,2415012.column
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by agabaI23(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Exactly the way they impeached Obama for not bringing America out of recession in less than two years? They rewarded Obama with another 4 years instead. Face front jare! E be like say another pulverizer prize don de hungry am.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by zolajpower: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
WHEN I WAS SMALL I HAVE NO SHOES. THE THING IS HOW ARE WE SURE APC WOUN"T FAIL US. CUS THERE IS NO TRUTH IN NIGERIA. GOODLUCK OGA AT THE TOP GOD DEY WATCH YOU AS YOU DEY SUFFER US
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Dee60: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.

Mr 'Sophisticated Ignorance' may in fact be very active in NL, posting stuff and having his cronies hit 'Like'. What has OBJ got to do with this? Rather than the administration do its job, it keeps on being haunted by OBJ's ghosts! OBJ did his, please do yours!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by EFEJU(f): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Uneasy cries the head dat wears the crown my fellow nigerian if only u know how the President heart beats if only u know the tears that soak his pillow at night if only u know the quality time he spents praying for the success of the country pls let no kill this man he has been fustrated enough let leave him in peace n pray for our country it will be well

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vanstanzy(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ok! undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by EFEJU(f): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
Uneasy cries the head dat wears the crown my fellow nigerian if only u know how the President heart beats if only u know the tears that soak his pillow at night if only u know the quality time he spends praying for the success of the country pls let no kill this man he has been fustrated enough let leave him in peace n pray for our country it will be well
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by okechukwu2013: 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
HmmMMmmmmmmmm I am dumb founded oh! Let's all keep faith, it is only death that will cut the expectations of all positive minded fellows in Nigeria short! Let's keep hope alive we shall overcome
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vanstanzy(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
EFEJU: Uneasy cries the head dat wears the crown my fellow nigerian if only u know how the President heart beats if only u know the tears that soak his pillow at night if only u know the quality time he spents praying for the success of the country pls let no kill this man he has been fustrated enough let leave him in peace n pray for our country it will be well

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by akinmax: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
Imanuelle: Even i, would wish for a military comeback.
Our saintly civilians have caused us more pain, and deaths.

I was never a fan of the western world, but now, i just need to take my family out of the country, where my kids have a future, and never look back! Never! Never!

Where the hell were my great-grandfathers, when africans were being picked as slaves?
Maybe he would have suffered for a while, and i'd have had a better future by now.
Mehnnnnn....! That was really a strong one!so Touching....! I feel your pain brother.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vedd: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
The writer just confirm what most Of us already know about our country but are enduring because we cannot change. Truely, a pessimist is an optimist with experience.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by drlaykay(m): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wait!impeach Jonathan for who?Sambo?
Abeg make we dey manage the fool.just shine ur eyes come 2015

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Lamebrained man that will never see opportunity again in his life, fiend in disguise, those from his region will come here and defend this rogue now, prerogative robber of Nigeria treasury, behaving like a primary school baby even with his stolen PHD, this lamebrained man should be called out opening to defend is PHD.

Plebeian fisherman that had a great opportunity to make history but choose the part of a villian, Nigerians should be ready to repudiate this man that rule without any trace of fecundity to our progress as a nation, man jonathan you a badluck and the souls of all those innocent men and women, girls and boys, old and young that died because of your incompetency will hunt you and your families to your grave.

GEJ you don't deserve euphemisms words but dsyphemisms words.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by omiobo: 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

Exaggerated lies with truth to make everything look real!

Only one third has access to toilet?
Fuvck you man!!

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by johndarey(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
gunuvi: There are some news you cannot read without an alomo bitters beside you to cool down ur temper.
Lololol ...unless u fit jst vex throway ur fone...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
It's obvious GEJ has failed us...bt i dn't tink it'll be wise 2impeach him nw given de fact dat his tenure is far gone n Sambo lookz lyk he'll plunge Nig in a deeper mess,shuld GEJ be impeach...all i'm saying is dat,is it nt better 2patiently wait out his tenure?? N then be wiser in de uz of our votes
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by slimghost(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Blah blahnblah blah! And GEJ wins the 2015 elections! ONE NIGERIA! onye agbakwana oso! grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vanstanzy(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
ndu_chucks: The LA times reporter simply confirms what we already know - GEJ is a failure and unfit to rule Nigeria.

How can any sane human being defend the above? The sad thing is that we have 'educated' people, even here on NL, who will do just that.

With 17 Ambulances in front of GEJ's office (what for, sebi Yar'Adua is no longer with us), uncontrolled terrorism, Alam's pardon, corruption at epidemic levels, Billion naira food and entertainment bill, multi billion naira for the first lady's pet project, summary killings of our people without trial, e.t.c. e.t.c, one can only conclude that GEJ is a curse to the nation.

2015 cannot arrive soon enough.

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by johndarey(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
gunuvi: There are some news you cannot read without an alomo bitters beside you to cool down ur temper.
Lololol ...unless u fit jst vex throway ur fone/system...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by omiobo: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2013

gringringringrin
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vanstanzy(m): 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
nuclearboy: Way the President is going, he may find himself the first leader on earth that the western world will openly condemn! As it is, diplomacy and good manners is all that's restraining them!

Eventually, they will deliberately start "leaking" evidence of any (and wife and cabinet members) personal corruption, in an attempt to pressurize Nigeria to wake up!

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by agabaI23(m): 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Transparency International lists almost three dozen states as more corrupt -- Chad, Haiti, Laos, Yemen, Cambodia and the like. But are any of those nations as wealthy as Nigeria -- taking in $81 billion annually, just from the sale of oil? No, not even one of them. So Nigeria steals and squanders more money than any other nation, making it the world's most corrupt, by that measure.

Nigerian journalist Musikilu Moje
. $81 bn is a huge amount. Out of that, how much goes into creek security?
Shell MD recently said that a large % of this amount goes to security. Tell mr Joe @ the Brink to subtract that first.
What % of the profit is given to the FG? 51% of the profit. Joe at the Brink should do the calculation and give us the right figures instead of brandishing an uncircumcised proceed as the basis of his moonlight tales! I am not in support of corruption in anyway but it is unfair to use misleading figures deliberately to score a cheap point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Mada Residents In Zamfara Flee To Gusau As Instructed By Bandits (Photos) / EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.