Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry (2403 Views)

I Need Help With Cake / Divorce Celebrated With Cake (pic) / How to make fondant icing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by melek: 8:15am On Mar 22, 2013
pls can someone help me with an icing receipe that will eventually dry or harden?

i've been using butter cream icing but it only hardens in d fridge, but softens when its braught out.

Royal icing is quite difficult for me to spread cos i am still not perfect.

your help will be appreciated. thanks
Re: Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by honeypiegirl(f): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
try fondant, recipe abound just search it here,will be opening thread on things of such,but for one on one training email me on magnificentcreation26@yahoo.com
Re: Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by yomibabe(f): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Try fondant. A recipe was posted on nairaland a few days ago and very explanatory am sure it will help
Re: Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by bece: 4:08am On Mar 23, 2013
@melek do u know about fondant,do u know how †✽ use it. Even if u have the recipe Ʊ need †✽ know how †✽ work with it.
Re: Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by melek: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2013
thanks Yomi et all.
I know about fondant & i've used it before. but i want to apply some piping decorations which cant be made using fondand.
Re: Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by degurl(f): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Its only royal icing recipe that will dry when piped on cake. So the only option you have is to cover with fondant and then decorate with royal icing since that is what you want.

With the numerous fondant patterns available,what do you need royal icing for? I just love working with fondant.
The pix below is a cake I baked for someone; its fondant covered cake with little piping with royal icing.

1 Like

Re: Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry by melek: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
degurl: Its only royal icing recipe that will dry when piped on cake. So the only option you have is to cover with fondant and then decorate with royal icing since that is what you want.

With the numerous fondant patterns available,what do you need royal icing for? I just love working with fondant.
The pix below is a cake I baked for someone; its fondant covered cake with little piping with royal icing.

wow thanks darln for this idea. I never taught of that.

(1) (Reply)

Kenwood Cake Mixer For Sale! / See What I Bought With $1(#900) In Supermarket (nigeria) / The Bush Meat I Killed In My House. picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.