Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? (544 Views)

How Fast Is MTN BIS With Wi-free Or Sandwich / Etisalat And 3g Network / Just How Fast Is Etisalat's Easyblaze? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? by negga4al(m): 9:45am On Mar 22, 2013
Ladies and guys,

All these network claim they have covered almost everywhere with their "so called" 3G network. Just want you guys to share your experience with everyone in your area as to whether there is truly any 3G network in your area, is it fast or "snaily". Please we will be rating only 3G networks here. So here is how it goes: a. your state, city (possibly ur particular area), the network you use or have used, ratings as to speed on a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is lowest and 10 is highest). Thanks. Ok...here we go........

Lagos Igando(Okofilling) MTN 7, Etisalat 8
Re: Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Benin City, GRA 3G MTN speed using 3.6mbps modem, I get 2.5+mbps regularly. The highest speed I have seen using 7.2mbps modem is 5mbps. I haven't tested other networks in my area, so I can't say anything about them.
Re: Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? by slimming: 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
The 3g issue only work on laptop, on phone is terrible.
Re: Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? by cooldipo(m): 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
@ OP thanks for this topic; I haven't commented on NL in a while....but you dragged me out.....kudos!
Akure, FUTA PG Hostel; 3G disappears when you enter the rooms and on the corridor you get full 3G with a "snaily" download speed of about 20kb/s

Worthy of note is the fact that I sent mtn customer care an email this past week and after some back and forth questioning and useful replies....got a call from one of their staff in their Ibadan office and he gave me his word that they will send a team down to Akure this week with a promise to find a probable solution.....I was impressed with the way he sounded on the phone and I want to encourage more people to log their complains online cos obvious they need it to serve us better! Thanks
Re: Is 3G Network In Your Area, How Fast Is It? by handsome2c(m): 7:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
worse network ever, with so call 3G airtell,Visaphone,starcomms ,Mult-link and spectranet this are the networks have tried in my area and non of them seems to work ..either i have 1 or 2 signal what a waste of money buying all this networks.

(1) (Reply)

Free Importation Ebook / Q+A: Meet Tim Pierson, The Man Who Teaches People How To Break Into Computers / External Hard Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.