Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. (2320 Views)

Why Most Relationships Don't End In Marriage...(hilarious) / Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations / Ladies Initiate Break Ups In Most Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
When we fall into wishful thinking that we can change him/her with time.
'NO ONE CHANGES HIS/HER BASIC CHARACTER PERMANENTLY'
Anythin that upsets you about a person before marriage will always get worse after marriage.
Remember, courtship is when people are on their best behavior!
My advise, if you want qualities that he/she doesnt posses, move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 11:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
It is the bitter truth that most people 'in love' dont want to hear. They believe they can change him/her.
But the Bad News is you cant. He/She alone can.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 03, 2013
So, do you think it's best to leave a relationship if a partner has ...let's say, two certain characteristics that you don't like? And these characteristics aren't anything terrible at all, some people might even consider them to be good things, but they bother you. You have expressed your concern to this individual and he/she's trying to work on one, but the other is going to be more difficult to change - because it's just the way he/she is. Again, they're not terrible things and some might consider them to be good characteristics, but you aren't keen on them. Apart from these two things, this person is wonderful, close to being perfect, if there's such a thing as perfection. Apart from these two things, he/she has all the qualities you're looking for in a partner. What would you do in a situation like this? Do you simply accept the person the way they are or do you end the relationship because of those two things that bother you?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Popowaa: 6:49am On Jun 03, 2013
Yield: So, do you think it's best to leave a relationship if a partner has ...let's say, two certain characteristics that you don't like? And these characteristics aren't anything terrible at all, some people might even consider them to be good things, but they bother you. You have expressed your concern to this individual and he/she's trying to work on one, but the other is going to be more difficult to change - because it's just the way he/she is. Again, they're not terrible things and some might consider them to be good characteristics, but you aren't keen on them. Apart from these two things, this person is wonderful, close to being perfect, if there's such a thing as perfection. Apart from these two things, he/she has all the qualities you're looking for in a partner. What would you do in a situation like this? Do you simply accept the person the way they are or do you end the relationship because of those two things that bother you?
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Yield: So, do you think it's best to leave a relationship if a partner has ...let's say, two certain characteristics that you don't like? And these characteristics aren't anything terrible at all, some people might even consider them to be good things, but they bother you. You have expressed your concern to this individual and he/she's trying to work on one, but the other is going to be more difficult to change - because it's just the way he/she is. Again, they're not terrible things and some might consider them to be good characteristics, but you aren't keen on them. Apart from these two things, this person is wonderful, close to being perfect, if there's such a thing as perfection. Apart from these two things, he/she has all the qualities you're looking for in a partner. What would you do in a situation like this? Do you simply accept the person the way they are or do you end the relationship because of those two things that bother you?

My dear, it's very simple. If you can live with those 2 things you dont like after confirming that he/she cant change, then your relationship is perfect that is if you dont always bring it up as an issue.
Just know that CORE traits cannot be changed permanently. It's either you learn to accept it and do not bring it up as an issue in your relationship Or you move on. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by AtheistD(m): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

My dear, it's very simple. If you can live with those 2 things you dont like after confirming that he/she cant change, then your relationship is perfect that is if you dont always bring it up as an issue.
Just know that CORE traits cannot be changed permanently. It's either you learn to accept it and do not bring it up as an issue in your relationship Or you move on. Simple!

I agree. it is best to try and live with it or move on. Trying to get the person to change is a no no.

What about if the person changed from what you wanted into something you are not keen on? Would you end it or hang on?
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by MrsChima1(f): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Wrong people are hooking up for the wrong reasons.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by AtheistD(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

Really? So what are the "right" reasons?
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by MrsChima1(f): 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Really? So what are the "right" reasons?

The kind where relationships are strong and commitments are evident.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by AtheistD(m): 1:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

The kind where relationships are strong and commitments are evident.

Good, good... you get an A+ for that. But what else, surely there must be more than that. Isnt passion important in relationships too smiley
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2013

I agree. it is best to try and live with it or move on. Trying to get the person to change is a no no.

What about if the person changed from what you wanted into something you are not keen on? Would you end it or hang on?

The point is CORE traits. He/she cant change his/her core traits permanently. Other minor traits can be changed permanently. Most times the change is gradual, so change from good to bad is noticeable and can be checked.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by AtheistD(m): 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

The point is CORE traits. He/she cant change his/her core traits permanently. Other minor traits can be changed permanently. Most times the change is gradual, so change from good to bad is noticeable and can be checked.

Core traits can be changed permanently. Nothing is 100% guaranteed when it comes to character. It is unlikely but it is possible.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

Your wrong reasons could be somebody's right reasons. So go for that choice you can Live with without complaining.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Kosigift(f): 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith: It is the bitter truth that most people 'in love' dont want to hear. They believe they can change him/her.
But the Bad News is you cant. He/She alone can.

I agree dat u can't change a person, d worst news is, even d guy alone may not be able to change himself!
Surprised? Don't be.
Or how do u xplain a situation where sumone wants to change from a particular habit wholeheartedly BUT still falls back to his old self each time he tries...
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2013

Core traits can be changed permanently. Nothing is 100% guaranteed when it comes to character. It is unlikely but it is possible.

I will agree with you, it can be changed permanently ONLY by the person. He/she alone can make the decision, disipline himself/herself and be dedicated to it. But for you to go into a relationship thinking you can change your partner's CORE trait permanently, I beg to disagree.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by AtheistD(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

I will agree with you, it can be changed permanently ONLY by the person. He/she alone can make the decision, disipline himself/herself and be dedicated to it. But for you to go into a relationship thinking you can change your partner's CORE trait permanently, I beg to disagree.

I agree too, that only the individual can change their core trait.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Kosigift:

I agree dat u can't change a person, d worst news is, even d guy alone may not be able to change himself!
Surprised? Don't be.
Or how do u xplain a situation where sumone wants to change from a particular habit wholeheartedly BUT still falls back to his old self each time he tries...

My dear, he/she can. It is a simply taking the decision, displine yourself and stay dedicated to it. It is only VERY difficult and a slim possibility of staying dedicated, but it is possible.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

Hmm, got me thinking again, lol.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Mynd44: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
The only change I believe people do is to change for the worse......... Cannot get into a relationship with the belief that my partner would change that's like playing Russian roulette
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by MrsChima1(f): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

Your wrong reasons could be somebody's right reasons. So go for that choice you can Live with without complaining.

My last comment still remains.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2013

I think so too.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
most times, problem doesn't exist, we creat them! With ur explanation, u jes made complications for yourself!

Listen, there are some simple issues dt some people overlook, others get heated over it.
It doesn't matter if the person is trying to change, nobody can truly change.

It is only a behavior dt u pick up dt u can change, those in ur gene will alwys be there!

So, if u can't live with it, let it go!

It's very easy to note these traits: the person simply can't do without it in 3weeks. If it happens, pls dnt bother!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

dude, there is nothing like a minor traits. It is only a behavior or attitude u picked up dt can be changed. The ones in ur gene stay forever!
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mynd_44: The only change I believe people do is to change for the worse......... Cannot get into a relationship with the belief that my partner would change that's like playing Russian roulette

...and that is like playing it taking 'Physics' into account. (A properly maintained & lubricated weapon with a single round in the cylinder will be subject to the laws of gravity meaning the full chamber which weighs more will usually end up near the bottom of the cylinder).
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: dude, there is nothing like a minor traits. It is only a behavior or attitude u picked up dt can be changed. The ones in ur gene stay forever!

That is the point.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Mynd44: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

...and that is like playing it taking 'Physics' into account. (A properly maintained & lubricated weapon with a single round in the cylinder will be subject to the laws of gravity meaning the full chamber which weighs more will usually end up near the bottom of the cylinder).
That is for a perfect condition and all other factors ignored.....but you forget that in real life, those factors come into play and the machine might not be perfectly lubricated so Booooooom!!!!!! You just got shot
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: most times, problem doesn't exist, we creat them! With ur explanation, u jes made complications for yourself!

Listen, there are some simple issues dt some people overlook, others get heated over it.
It doesn't matter if the person is trying to change, nobody can truly change.

It is only a behavior dt u pick up dt u can change, those in ur gene will alwys be there!

So, if u can't live with it, let it go!

It's very easy to note these traits: the person simply can't do without it in 3weeks. If it happens, pls dnt bother!

SLIDE waxie, you need to read my post again.
If you didn't understand what I was getting at, all you had to do was ask, not make assumptions.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2013

This.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by DoubleFaith(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
That is for a perfect condition and all other factors ignored.....but you forget that in real life, those factors come into play and the machine might not be perfectly lubricated so Booooooom!!!!!! You just got shot

You got it mixed up man. I mean with the perfect condition the weapon has, the full chamber ends up near the bottom altering the odds further in the player's favour.
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Mynd44: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
DoubleFaith:

You got it mixed up man. I mean with the perfect condition the weapon has, the full chamber ends up near the bottom altering the odds further in the player's favour.
Perfect conditions only exist in books.........
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by HURUCHI(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
Perfect conditions only exist in books.........

noooooooooooop
Re: Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. by Mynd44: 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
HURUCHI:

noooooooooooop
yes dude, only books and your imaginations of course

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice,am Loosing The Only Woman I Ever Loved! / Which One Would You Prefer / What Are The Things You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.