Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God (4499 Views)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
In Jeremiah 15:16-21, we see three conditions to be a spokesman for God.

First of all: “Lord, I found Your words, and Your word has become for me the joy and delight of my heart” (Jer. 15:16). God’s word must be the joy and delight of your heart. Just like a businessman has joy in making money, your joy must be in getting into God’s word. Many want to be preachers today, who do not spend time digging into God’s word, and who don’t look at God’s word as the joy and delight of their hearts.

Secondly: “I did not sit in the circle of merrymakers” (Jer. 15:17). When other people in Judah were partying and having fun, Jeremiah went away by himself to be alone with God. If you don’t discipline yourself to stay away from the jokers of this world, you can never be a spokesman for God. I am not saying that humour and clean jokes are wrong. But many Christians don’t know where to stop in such matters - they are perpetual jokers. Jeremiah made sure that he didn’t spend time with such people.

Thirdly: Jeremiah made a complaint to God in verse 18 saying, “Lord, why have You let me down? You have been to me like a deceptive stream, like unreliable water. I come to the stream thinking there is water there and there is none. You have let me down.” The Lord said, “Don’t ever say things like that to Me.” the Lord rebuked Jeremiah for speaking words of unbelief (Jer. 15:19). God never lets us down. He is not like an unreliable stream. Jeremiah was depending on his feelings and looking at his circumstances. The Lord told him, “If you return to Me, and get rid of the habit of speaking worthless words (like the ones you just spoke - idle, useless words and words of unbelief) and ensure that you speak only precious words (of faith and goodness), then you will be My mouthpiece.”

How many of you want to be God’s mouthpiece? I am not talking about being a preacher of dead sermons that come from some book you read, but being God’s spokesman. If you want to be that, then don’t waste time in useless company, but redeem your time and spend it digging into God’s Word. Let that be your delight. Get rid of useless conversation and speak words of faith always and only good words in all your conversation. Then the Lord will make you His mouth. There is no partiality with God.

Source

10 Likes

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by seyibrown(f): 2:35am On Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for sharing, Frosbel.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by theozobby(m): 10:27am On Mar 24, 2013
I love this
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by free2ryhme: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2013
Insightful... but must one have a combination of all, two or just one only to be a mouthpiece .. secondly are there more than three conditions to be God's mouthpiece

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by belovedaja(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2013
Thank you Jesus

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by quart: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2013
not heard such message for quite some time.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Omexonomy: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2013
Most times mr frosbel dey try only few times he no dey try.

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Originalsly: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2013
Noted. You do very good Bible study. Hope you post more often open the eyes of soooo many kept in darkness by the soo many self anointed MOG.

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by nenergy(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2013
Edifying! Hmmm, i'm glad i'm a member of Nairaland Bible Church...
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by jick4life(m): 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
what can i say than to say you will not be used and dumped in jesus name.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
1.) A Public Address System.
2.) A warehouse and...
3.) Sweet mouth.

...then all the spoils & plunder will come pouring in grin

5 Likes

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
Richfella: 1.) A Public Address System.
2.) A warehouse and...
3.) Sweet mouth.

...then all the spoils & plunder will come pouring in grin

And that is the way of most of our Nigerian Pastors cheesy , though not all , sweet mouthing our beloved brethren and stealing their livelihoods.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Gistwitherico(m): 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
This is a ministry, pls. keep it up!
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Abeg, make Frosbel replace that Adeboye for this front page.. I don taya for Adeboye MESSages...

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
musKeeto: Abeg, make Frosbel replace that Adeboye for this front page.. I don taya for Adeboye MESSages...

at least I will not collect your Money bro , or tell you soothing tales to make you part with your Jeep grin
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
@ Frosbel
Thanks for your good work. I have been following your consistency in exposing the popular falsehood in today's Christianity. I'm in solidarity with you.
I don't know if you could recommend a good church to attend in Lagos esp. Yaba/Ikeja/Surulere axis. Other areas in Lagos are not exempted.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by dedons: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
x-fire:
@ Frosbel
Thanks for your good work. I have been following your consistency in exposing the popular falsehood in today's Christianity. I'm in solidarity with you.
I don't know if you could recommend a good church to attend in Lagos esp. Yaba/Ikeja/Surulere axis. Other areas in Lagos are not exempted.
look for THE FOURSQUARE GOSPEL CHURCH nearest to you

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by dedons: 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by jaybee(f): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel:

@op and other scholars in the house.

i feel the context of "spokesman for God" need to be properly defined here.

i know Jeremiah as a messenger of God. now are 'messenger' and 'spokesman' the same?
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Davidogar(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
love Jesus
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by alexleo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel:

And that is the way of most of our Nigerian Pastors cheesy , though not all , sweet mouthing our beloved brethren and stealing their livelihoods.

A very balanced statement. God bless you.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Chuksxp: 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
x-fire:
@ Frosbel

Hey, you're invited to my Church, Good News Baptist Church, in Surulere.
www.goodnewsworld.org

The Gospel is preached. And the members are loving and caring.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
alexleo:

A very balanced statement. God bless you.

Thanks Bro, it was actually preached by a beloved brother called Zac Pooen who is based in India.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
jaybee:

@op and other scholars in the house.

i feel the context of "spokesman for God" need to be properly defined here.

i know Jeremiah as a messenger of God. now are 'messenger' and 'spokesman' the same?

a messenger is also a spokesman, no ?

"Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty says: "Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes." - Jeremiah 5:14
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
x-fire:
@ Frosbel

Regarding church brother, we are the church as a people, but it is always good to assemble in a fellowship with other believers.

I suggest you pray to God for his leading by the Holy Spirit and the rest will be history.

My only advice is , do not be subject to the whims, deceptions and scams of MEN, always be on the watch out. Do not be divisive but at the same time do not allow leaders to control your life and force you into unscriptural habits and practices, if this happens, leave immediately .

You can also seek like minded brethren and have fellowships from house to house etc.

One very important thing is that you must study, study, study, study and study your bible over and over again, always asking the Holy Spirit for wisdom.

And then you must pray , not for hours, in fact a 10 minute prayer might be all you need, but pray often , always and without ceasing.

Blessings.

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
I wholly disagree with you if this is your basis of conditions for being a spokeperson for God!
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Chuksxp:

Hey, you're invited to my Church, Good News Baptist Church, in Surulere.
www.goodnewsworld.org

The Gospel is preached. And the members are loving and caring.
I have sent you an e-mail request. Please respond. Cheers
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
frosb actually recommended a human being? actually mentioned a name? God truly answers prayers oh.
Though i agree with pastor Poonen, yet it needs be added that we're not all called to be Jeremiahs. There are audience that jeremiahsque preaching will never reach/influence. All saved hands should be on deck in the spread of the gospel.

1 Like

Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Image123: frosb actually recommended a human being? actually mentioned a name? God truly answers prayers oh.
Though i agree with pastor Poonen, yet it needs be added that we're not all called to be Jeremiahs. There are audience that jeremiahsque preaching will never reach/influence. All saved hands should be on deck in the spread of the gospel.

I have never had anything against TRUE Pastors or Teachers. And even when I read articles he writes, they are still subject to biblical examination.

I have a big problem with deceivers and charlatans.
Re: Three Conditions For Being A Spokesman For God by Image123(m): 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
frosbel:

I have never had anything against TRUE Pastors or Teachers. And even when I read articles he writes, they are still subject to biblical examination.

I have a big problem with deceivers and charlatans.

you have many things against all your former 'churches'. i doubt if any of them disagrees with the op though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Omg! So There Is Really A God? / End-time Bible Teaching: JESUS CHRIST, The Only Way Out / Do You Think The World Would Ever End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.