Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK (5855 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 9:28am On Mar 23, 2013
Hello NL's,

If u had to choose between BA and VA to the UK, which would it be. I would appreciate those with the experience of flying both.

Its going to be my first time on an international flight and I want the best first experience. Yes, I be JJC, lol.

Thanks.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2013
I've never enjoyed any flight with BA. I find their crew boring. Inflight meals and movies are bland. Although,their customer service is up there. If you've got long legs like me and paid for economy class be ready for 6 hours of sheer discomfort. The leg room is way tooo small. I must say though, Business and first class are/is HEAVEN!

VA on the other hand have some lovely chicks as cabin crew. I love the colour of their uniform too - Red. The girls always look elegant and are forever smiling. They treat you like a member of the monarch even in economy class.
Inflight meals are good - A blend of Nigerian and European. Leg room is hit and miss. If you are in upper class, you could get a lap dance and and a massage. . .LOL (that's a lie)

I prefer Arik though just for the leg room and nothing else.

NOTE: the above pointers are from a guys point of view!

1 Like

Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
OMO IBO: I've never enjoyed any flight with BA. I find their crew boring. Inflight meals and movies are bland. Although,their customer service is up there. If you've got long legs like me and paid for economy class be ready for 6 hours of sheer discomfort. The leg room is way tooo small. I must say though, Business and first class are/is HEAVEN!

VA on the other hand have some lovely chicks as cabin crew. I love the colour of their uniform too - Red. The girls always look elegant and are forever smiling. They treat you like a member of the monarch even in economy class.
Inflight meals are good - A blend of Nigerian and European. Leg room is hit and miss. If you are in upper class, you could get a lap dance and and a massage. . .LOL (that's a lie)

I prefer Arik though just for the leg room and nothing else.

NOTE: the above pointers are from a guys point of view!

Lol, thanks so much. I really appreciate your time.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by joxiri: 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Poster I bet you are really excited about your trip
There isn't really much to separate this 2
Except na will be a big noisy Boeing whereas virgin tends to be a smoother airbus ride
The only other important thing is na arrives in terminal 5 which is solely dedicated to na whereas Virgin arrives in terminal 3 there is a lot of crowd at terminal 3 compared to terminal 5 at immigration
And then finally Ba is a night flight you can easily sleep thru the flight
I will advise u to fly Ba since u are a 1st timer u shud get less hassle from immigration at terminal 5 compared to terminal 3
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
joxiri: Poster I bet you are really excited about your trip
There isn't really much to separate this 2
Except na will be a big noisy Boeing whereas virgin tends to be a smoother airbus ride
The only other important thing is na arrives in terminal 5 which is solely dedicated to na whereas Virgin arrives in terminal 3 there is a lot of crowd at terminal 3 compared to terminal 5 at immigration
And then finally Ba is a night flight you can easily sleep thru the flight
I will advise u to fly Ba since u are a 1st timer u shud get less hassle from immigration at terminal 5 compared to terminal 3

Excitement is even an understatement. Valid point made about the night flight and the lesser crowd/hassle from immigration with BA. Thanks a lot.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
Oh yeah.

One reason to fly BA - terminal 5.

That place is nice. Really nice!
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
i've been with both and i dont like neither
klm have nicest staff !!
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 2:57am On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123: i've been with both and i dont like neither
klm have nicest staff !!

Thanks Adaobi. I would have flown KLM but as a first timer, i need to take a direct flight. Heard a lot of nice things about KLM and will surely be flying them in the nearest future. Would also like to see the airport in Schipol, heard its very large and a must visit.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks Adaobi. I would have flown KLM but as a first timer, i need to take a direct flight. Heard a lot of nice things about KLM and will surely be flying them in the nearest future. Would also like to see the airport in Schipol, heard its very large and a must visit.
if i had to choose between BA and virgin, it has to be British airways.
yeah klm have one of the nicest staff ever, they are kind and caring. Schipol is very nice too, its very huge, airy and clean cheesy
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
if i had to choose between BA and virgin, it has to be British airways.
yeah klm have one of the nicest staff ever, they are kind and caring. Schipol is very nice too, its very huge, airy and clean cheesy

Thanks Adaobi. I appreciate ur taking time out to enlighten me.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks Adaobi. I appreciate ur taking time out to enlighten me.
no problem smiley
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by sosilly1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
As a first timer, I'll suggest you go with Virgin.

1- Virgin is a morning flight, less hassle to check in @ MMA compared to a Night flight (BA or Arik).

2- Virgin staff, as mentioned already, are nice & very accomodating regardless of which class you fly.

3- Immigration folks would have seen tons of ppl already & PROBABLY not bug you too much with unnecessary questions.

4- Unlike terminal 5, you get more transport options to get you away from the airport, once you are over your shock upon discovery of what a proper airport ought to be like.

Only reason I'll suggest going with BA is that you have day light on your side when you arrive to find your square root. But if you're the type to suffer jet lag, a Virgin flight, go home/destination & sleep.

Either way, I wish you a lovely journey & time in the UK.

Regards.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
so_silly: As a first timer, I'll suggest you go with Virgin.

1- Virgin is a morning flight, less hassle to check in @ MMA compared to a Night flight (BA or Arik).

2- Virgin staff, as mentioned already, are nice & very accomodating regardless of which class you fly.

3- Immigration folks would have seen tons of ppl already & PROBABLY not bug you too much with unnecessary questions.

4- Unlike terminal 5, you get more transport options to get you away from the airport, once you are over your shock upon discovery of what a proper airport ought to be like.

Only reason I'll suggest going with BA is that you have day light on your side when you arrive to find your square root. But if you're the type to suffer jet lag, a Virgin flight, go home/destination & sleep.

Either way, I wish you a lovely journey & time in the UK.

Regards.
Regards

Thanks so much for your time. Solid points raised.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by chatterly: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
hi,
As previously stated by others,Virgin Atlantic is a better bet for the following reasons

1.its easier to get to mma in the morning no matter where u are coming from as u are mostly against traffic.
2.the airport is saner as less international flights depart @ that time compared to about 10 @ night,with the faulty air conditioning system u see travelers sweating like goats b4 boarding the plane.
3.except winter time u still get to London during the day and can still find you way to your destination without any hassle.
4.on your return journey ,you get into lagos very early and u can be out of the airport in less than an hour because there is less pressure on the conveyor
Cheers
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by babybird82(f): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
chatterly: hi,
As previously stated by others,Virgin Atlantic is a better bet for the following reasons

1.its easier to get to mma in the morning no matter where u are coming from as u are mostly against traffic.
2.the airport is saner as less international flights depart @ that time compared to about 10 @ night,with the faulty air conditioning system u see travelers sweating like goats b4 boarding the plane.
3.except winter time u still get to London during the day and can still find you way to your destination without any hassle.
4.on your return journey ,you get into lagos very early and u can be out of the airport in less than an hour because there is less pressure on the conveyor
Cheers

Thanks so much for your time. Virgin atlantic seems to have more edge than BA.
Re: British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK by gistcity(m): 5:04am On Nov 16, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before / IELTS Candidates Abuja (british Council Or IDP).. Meet Here. / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.