Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style (18619 Views)

Viviangist Is Now Nairaland New Crush Bloggers Complains / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Table For Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Vincent41(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
onegig: Just woke up to the new changes on the nairaland forum. The edges are trimmed and there's even a different background now.

I guess Seun is listening to advise now and ready to change for the better.

Anyways i like the new slic design and just wish many more better things to follow. Like a chat app and other things that makes it a full community.

We can even have groups or stuff in here.

Lets go on and challenge other social networks. Nothing stops Nairaland from being better than fb and reddit.

What do you think guys.?

see no changes in fa fone
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by chucky234(m): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are the calls for paid VIP section not listened to ? I keep asking for it.
You keep yapping about VIP section as if you are the only one out here that can afford a VIP membership,remember I'll be in there with you to hunt you down to hell where your type belong.
Make I hear that VIP scrap from your mouth again whether I no go take better hot e-slap seal that mouth,agbaya.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
twaintoy: It's cool
grin
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Techwriter: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
ujchief:

Lol...and you think no vip member can throw tantrums at you? What will you guys be doing at this your so called vip section? Taking Nescafee and cashew nuts? Such myopic reasoning!!!

This is not about tantrums, didn't u read that comment? Did it make any sense to you. I will not be surprised if the individual is a teenager and see we wasted precious time discussing foolishness. See your mature sense of humor when you wondered what the "VIP's" will be doing in their section. I giggled reading it. I can even guess your age bracket from that
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I seriously appeal that a paid VIP section be created. Let's separate men from the boys. And payment mode should be cash deposits only.

Wherever you and you type run to, vip section or non vip section, we will still be there to haunt down empty barrels like you, so I don't know why u think a paid vip section will be your safe haven??
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I seriously appeal that a paid VIP section be created. Let's separate men from the boys. And payment mode should be cash deposits only.

Wherever you and you type run to vip section or non vip section, we will still be there to haunt down empty barrels like you, so I don't know why u think a paid vip section will be your safe haven??
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by turl(m): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
wouldn't it be cool if you take the lines off the links and just have them change colour when hovered over?
I think it takes a lot of clutter off the screen.
here:

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by SisiKill1: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
VIP section?

From the same people who yap all day about inequality in real life?

Rotflmao. . .Nigerians are the most confused people out there.

By the by, if you are really the big something you profess yourself to be in real life. . .you don't need propose online separatism to validate your existence (Looking at you Billy my boy, looking at you)

Oh one last thing. . .where. . .what are the changes abeg or do we need a particular brand of laptop/PC to see 'em?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by thelastPope(m): 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Jarus: I didnt notice anything. But clearly, the new nairaland is cool.

meanwhile, people should stop comparing NL with FB. FB is a social network, nairaland is a discussion forum.

This is exactly what I said in my previous post. If Seun tries to go the FB route, NL is history. Stay where you are king and milk it till its last juice drops!
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Nairaland paid VIP section is long overdue. Please have that in the works.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
chucky234: You keep yapping about VIP section as if you are the only one out here that can afford a VIP membership,remember I'll be in there with you to hunt you down to hell where your type belong.
Make I hear that VIP scrap from your mouth again whether I no go take better hot e-slap seal that mouth,agbaya.
This is why I need VIP Section, someone needs to pay to come hurl stones at me.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by onegig(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
thelastPope:

This is exactly what I said in my previous post. If Seun tries to go the FB route, NL is history. Stay where you are king and milk it till its last juice drops!

No one is advocating the fb functions...am just saying that we can do wat fb did in the social media arena by doing things that can enhance the site.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
mobuch:

Wherever you and you type run to, vip section or non vip section, we will still be there to haunt down empty barrels like you, so I don't know why u think a paid vip section will be your safe haven??
Young man, your brain is in your head, locate it and use it.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by vanstanzy(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hope it won't be user unfriendly like this one was when it was first introduced? Cause i saw "Oba!" with this one.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Michky: 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
Please someone should tell this boy to keep quiet o. Paid section my foot.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by vanstanzy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: The Modes should create a paid VIP section.

Big boy Nshi, Big boy, my @ss. angry If u don arrive no come show-case am here ok? angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Michky: 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: This is why I need paid Section, I am tired of getting comments like this, it pisses me off this great site. I need Paid VIP section to feel safe.
The only person giving you problems here is YOU dude. Isnt that clear enough for you to see. Anyways, make i face front joor. You're on your own. Abeg Seun, a paid section might do more harm than good o.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by lordjay: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]It's made possible by a AJAX(Asynchronous Javascript and XML). The only problem is that it won't work on systems that don't have javascript enabled.[/size]

Not quite an excuse tho, let pple with d required spec on their system enjoy it at least. Facebook neva saw dat as a hindrance so Nairaland shdnt
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
Why are my getting so many personally directed attacks simply because I suggested something that will generate a little more income for the website owners while separating the 'garri' and 'first to comment' lunatics from serious commentators like my humble self ? Need I remind all that there is freedom of speech and 'law assembly' ? What I am requesting is necessary to generate income for this site apart from ads and donations.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are my getting so many personally directed attacks simply because I suggested something that will generate a little more income for the website owners while separating the 'garri' and 'first to comment' lunatics from serious commentators like my humble self ? Need I remind all that there is freedom of speech and 'law assembly' ? What I am requesting is necessary to generate income for this site apart from ads and donations.

Then make your comments without trying to oppress people with your "fantasy land" billions, and you will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by turl(m): 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are my getting so many personally directed attacks simply because I suggested something that will generate a little more income for the website owners while separating the 'garri' and 'first to comment' lunatics from serious commentators like my humble self ? Need I remind all that there is freedom of speech and 'law assembly' ? What I am requesting is necessary to generate income for this site apart from ads and donations.

because you sound like a douche!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
Seun:
The move to NL2 was about moving away from SMF. We wrote our own forum engine from scratch last year.
No wonder you're not having much problems with spammers like you were when you were using SMF.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: What I am requesting is necessary to generate income for this site apart from ads and donations.
Probably just enough income to buy bowls of garri.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
it sucks just as the former
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
NL is fine the way it is, just add a quote notification and its perfect

1 Like

turl:

You took d words outta my mouth, dude.
Double tuale to u cheesy
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
mobuch:

Then make your comments without trying to oppress people with your "fantasy land" billions, and you will be alright.
Its not fantasy land if its true. Attacking me will make your name known, keep up the good work, you are getting noticed.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
lordjay:

Not quite an excuse tho, let pple with d required spec on their system enjoy it at least. Facebook neva saw dat as a hindrance so Nairaland shdnt
There are different facebook look and feel. people that are accessing facebook from some devices are directed to a different facebook from people that are accessing it from a PC. One of the major aim of Nairaland is for the fast loading of pages and i think AJAX defeats that purpose.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
turl:

I disagree with you.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
BoboYekini:
Probably just enough income to buy bowls of garri.
This is a little funnier than I can handle. Nice one
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by SisiKill1: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam....at some point ya gonna hafta get up off your knees ya know, even if it's to come up for air.

Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by turl(m): 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I disagree with you.
there's a difference between making a suggestion and coming across as condescending.
you sound like the latter.

mobuch:

You took d words outta my mouth, dude.
Double tuale to u cheesy
and double tuale to you too my good sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

. / Download Small Business Big Money Book By Akin Alabi / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.