Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ (2644 Views)

Reading Pdf Documents With Html5 / Javascript / Javascript And HTML / Javascript And Design Patterns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by csharpjava(m): 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
If you do not already know, then MoSync software allows you to develop one mobile app that runs on all devices. MoSync software is free and is open-source http://www.mosync.com

1 Like

Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
This is good new for we C++ programmers, our time has come, we can now write mobile apps for any device with C++. Watch out for my powerfull apps soon.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by LordB1: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
@MrBible m glad to ve u in d house, buh can we get along cos m also a C++ programmer?
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
LordB1: @MrBible m glad to ve u in d house, buh can we get along cos m also a C++ programmer?

Nice to know you are interested, this is going to make us C++ programmers the King of mobile apps. I have downloaded and installed the software with all the other plugins needed and I have started testing the demo C++, HTML and JavaScript codes that came with it. I will post screenshots soon to help others who wants to get started.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by LordB1: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mr Bible alrite, so hw nd wer do we start from cos I cn't hold bck ving u around.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
LordB1: Mr Bible alrite, so hw nd wer do we start from cos I cn't hold bck ving u around.

I have started using the Android Emulator to test my apps, but it takes so long to load and it is very frustrating, now I'm about to try the windows emulator if this runs faster then I will begin to post images of the steps you will need to start creating mobile apps for cross-platform.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
MrBible:

I have started using the Android Emulator to test my apps, but it takes so long to load and it is very frustrating, now I'm about to try the windows emulator if this runs faster then I will begin to post images of the steps you will need to start creating mobile apps for cross-platform.
are you saying that mosync has an android emulator? or were you referring to the android sdk emulator?
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
lordZOUGA:
are you saying that mosync has an android emulator? or were you referring to the android sdk emulator?

Mosync has its own emulator called MoRE Emulator for testing C++ apps. But for web apps with C++ at the backend, it allows you to use android sdk emulator, windows phone emulator and iOS simulator.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
MrBible:

Mosync has its own emulator called MoRE Emulator for testing C++ apps. But for web and C++ apps it allows you to use android sdk emulator, windows phone emulator and iOS simulator.
okay, I tested mosync last year as at that time I only knew about the emulator that lets you test C++ apps.
I thought mosync was nice until I found out that you cannot use Boost C++ libraries on it or standard C++ libraries on it.
it stopped being fun then.
you should checkout marmalade sdk it is quite like mosync but you have to pay. they give trial periods though.
emulators always run slow (if you don't own a quad-core pc). use on-device debugging if you have the device.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
lordZOUGA: emulators always run slow (if you don't own a quad-core pc). use on-device debugging if you have the device.

I have just finished testing the windows phone emulator and it loads fast plus it is very easy to install, so I recommend this for anyone that wants to use mosync for developing mobile apps. My processor is quad-core but android emulator is still very slow.

lordZOUGA: I thought mosync was nice until I found out that you cannot use Boost C++ libraries on it or standard C++ libraries on it.

MoSync allow you to use basic C or standard C++ libraries.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
MrBible:

I have just finished testing the windows phone emulator and it loads fast plus it is very easy to install, so I recommend this for anyone that wants to use mosync for developing mobile apps. My processor is quad-core but android emulator is still very slow.

good for you then

that is if the library was compiled using their compiler
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
lordZOUGA:
that is if the library was compiled using their compiler

Do you have a choice? you always have to use someone's compiler if you are using their platform.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
MrBible:

Do you have a choice? you always have to use someone's compiler if you are using their platform.
I don't think Mosync qualifies as a platform. it is just a tool. what type of tool prevents usage of other tools?
example: Qt C++ is cross platform. on windows it allows building with visual C++ 'nmake' and mingw 'g++'. you can find any useful C++ library binary on-line, link it to your code and start being productive immediately. That's how I believe frameworks should behave.
you might say, "I just have to use mosync compiler" but believe me, building libraries from source is not a pleasant task. I once compiled Boost libraries from source on windows. it took me a whole day to understand how CMAKE (cross platform build sysytem) works and then the whole night for the actual compilation to run its course.
you do not want to do that every time you find a useful library.
and Mosync's networking library was not very useful. last time I checked, I could not find a class to help me build a server (not a hardware interface server like bluetooth)
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
lordZOUGA: I don't think Mosync qualifies as a platform. it is just a tool.?

"The MoSync platform can access parts of the native UI system on Android and iOS devices since version 2.5, and Windows Phone devices since version" Source: Wikipedia

MoSync is more than just a tool it is a platform that provides cross plaform support on other platforms.

lordZOUGA: and Mosync's networking library was not very useful. last time I checked, I could not find a class to help me build a server (not a hardware interface server like bluetooth)

MoSync has a server class in the <MAUtil/Server.h> library and a Connection class in the <MAUtil/Connection.h> library for bluetooth.

I'm sure alot has changed in MoSync since you last checked it.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
LordB1: Mr Bible alrite, so hw nd wer do we start from cos I cn't hold bck ving u around.

If you are using XP or Windows7, just download the software from MySync's website above install it, run it and click on the sample C++ apps to help you get started. Then when your want to start using the sample HTML5/javaScript web apps, then Windows Phone Emulator is very easy to use, download SDK 7.1 from this link https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/downloadsdk install it and it is ready for you to try the sample web apps with.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by csharpjava(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
@ MrBible

Thanks for suggesting Windows Phone Emulator, Android Emulation had almost made me to give up on developing mobile apps due to the time it takes for it to load. I'm going to download Windows Phone Emulator now and then begin testing my apps on it.

There is no more excuse is either you start programming mobile apps or you will be programmed by mobile apps grin
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
MrBible:
due to the conviction in your arguments yesterday, I decided to checkout the mosync online documentation again. I found out that the STL is still not supported but some STL−like versions provided by mosync. the stream classes are not supported, you cannot use std::cout.
so, scratch what I said about building 3rd party libraries, you cannot even do that.
for now, mosync is pretty limiting.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
lordZOUGA:
so, scratch what I said about building 3rd party libraries, you cannot even do that.
for now, mosync is pretty limiting.

If we should leave out third party libraries, then Mosync is great for developing cross platform apps.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
MrBible:

If we should leave out third party libraries, then Mosync is great for developing cross platform apps.
why do you say this?
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
lordZOUGA: why do you say this?

So far Mosync does what I need, but if I do have a need to use third party libraries then I'll start looking for a solution.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
MrBible:

So far Mosync does what I need, but if I do have a need to use third party libraries then I'll start looking for a solution.
Hmmm... I do not know your reason for saying this but it is not exactly a wise choice.
example: Mosync does not have a JSON parser. how are you going to go about manipulating json data? will you write your own parser?
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
lordZOUGA: Mosync does not have a JSON parser. how are you going to go about manipulating json data? will you write your own parser?

Ajax and an XML file should take care of that.
Re: Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ by csharpjava(m): 7:47am On Apr 01, 2013
Mosync with a Windows Phone Emulator is cool, loads quickly unlike the android emulator that takes ages to load. Setting up a Windows Phone Emulator is like a breeze, unlike setting up an Android emulator. In no time I was able to develop an app to directs a user to niaraland on a Windows Phone Emulator. I hope Seun likes it.

(1) (Reply)

How I Created My Personal Website Ground Up / My Paint Application Project / Suggestions Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.