Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Am I Being Influenced? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Being Influenced? (1996 Views)

15 Mesmerizing Mosque Ceilings That Appear To Be Influenced By Psychedelia / Judge Me And My Pastor : Is This Coincidental Or Am I Being Jazzed / How The Catholic Influenced Art And Architecture All Over The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
08/04/2010

AM I BEING INFLUENCED?

I know that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
Jeremiah 10:23

This morning as I was reading my bible and I came across this scriptural verse which came as a surprise to me even though I have read the bible through many times, it seems as if I am seeing this for the first time so I paused to really consider what the bible is saying, that it is not man that controls his activities or what actually happens in his life. If the way human act is not totally under his control then man is really in for it, because the bible made it clear that man is accountable for his actions and every of his actions comes with consequences. The bible says that all man shall give account for his actions, be it good or bad, Romans 14:12 so then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. This seems not to be fair, since man is not the one really responsible for his actions then why should he be made to face the consequences of his actions. Before we continue in this line, I will want us to consider closely if truly man is being influenced, and if yes who and what is it that influences man.

In the beginning God created man, He created him with a free will and the ability to do whatever seems right to him but also warning him against what he must not do, but as we all know the story, Adam sinned and he had to leave the Garden of Eden. Leaving the Garden of Eden was not the only woe that befell him, he was also separated from God and lost some certain rights in the spiritual, actually what happened was that man sold out as a result of his sin and unfortunately, the one he sold out to was the devil who maximize every opportunity given to it. The devil seeing that man had been separated from God and now desire things other than God seizes the opportunity by seducing man with those other things. The more man crave for and get this things, the more separated he gets from God, the more separated he is from God, the more he looses control of himself and become empty.

Man is created in such a way that his spirit cant be void but must be occupied, so man has the opportunity to determine who or what occupies or live in him, but the devil knowing this took advantage of man’s ignorance occupy those space, takes charge and influences man even unknowingly to man. The bible refers to him as a thief, and as we know the thief does not come through the right channel and when he comes in, he does what the owner do not really like or wants, for the bible says the thief comes not but to steal, to kill and to destroy, John 10:10. When the devil comes in to fill the void, he takes control of man fully or partially depending on how yielding he is to sin, the bible says whatever a man gives himself to obey to that thing he is a slave. The devil possession could also be knowingly or unknowingly to man, most of the time it is unknowingly, and unknowingly man gives himself to sin to the extent that he can’t stop some certain things which he found himself doing, even though he no longer wants to continue. Those that do it knowingly totally belong to the devil and gives themselves unreservedly to wickedness and the dictates of the devil.
Romans 6:16 says, Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

You become slave to sin which the devil is the author, invariable you become slave to the devil. At this stage man can no longer help himself except for divine intervention , on the other hand when man actually know he is possessed by the devil, this is more serious than the first because man gives himself not just to sin but also to wickedness which originate from the devil, invariable given himself to the devil doing his bidding. This is worst because turning back to God is almost unlikely, but we know with God nothing is impossible.
If man is being controlled, then why does he now have to come under judgment for his actions, man has to come under judgment even though he is being influenced, because God knowing man can no longer help himself since he sold out to the devil, provided a way out in the person of Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 for God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Whosoever believes in him would not perish or come under judgment because he takes up a new life and a new right in the spirit. Whenever one accept Jesus as lord and personal savior, it does not mean that he is free from being influenced, it’s just that he is influenced by the Spirit of God . The Holy Spirit leads and controls him to do the bidding of the father and as a result gives himself to righteousness. The more he gives himself to Christ, the more the Holy Spirit takes control of him and the more the Holy Spirit takes control of him, the more he lives the life God has called him to live. Man will be responsible for his actions even though he is not in total control of his actions because there is always a way out in CHRIST JESUS.

God knows all that is going on and so also is the devil, so no man cant stay without making a decision, not making any decision is a decision itself, because you are making a decision not to make a decision. Once you don’t make a decision for God you have already made decisions for the devil, for you can not remain empty, it is either you are filled with the Spirit of God and be led by Him or of the devil and do his bidding.
Revelation 3:20 says Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hears my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup (eat) with him, and he with Me.

Jesus is waiting for you just like the father of the prodigal son was waiting and watching for His son to come back home, all you need do is to just invite Him into your heart and He will come and fill it with JOY UNSPEAKABLE FOR HE LOVES YOU DEARLY.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
If you think you are the master of your life and don't believe in God or the devil, then you are in for it because you are either living for God or the devil for there is no middle ground. Also there will be consequences for your actions, because you are either living right or sold out to sin.

Ask your self this question why is it always difficult when i want to live right and so easy to live in sin?
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Corinthians 4:4
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Olu
T:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds
of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of
Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

This is a warning to all atheists on NL, you think you are being logical and in total control of your life?
You are being greatly influenced and doing exactly what the devil wants, though you neglect to admit his existence.

Come to think of it, why is it not easy for you to live your life for good, but waxing in lust and sin of the flesh?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Yooguyz: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
powerful and anointed piece
Am still working on that thread about the holy spirit tomorrow i will prayerfully come up with something.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Yooguyz: powerful and anointed piece
Am still working on that thread about the holy spirit tomorrow i will prayerfully come up with something.

Thanks bro

God will grace you abundantly as you prepare peacefully.

You know what i want more atheists to see this!
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Mayowura: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Annointedly powerful piece.Keep up the good work bro.
God is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
As you are a clear advocate of Hell fire, you yourself clearly show that man and all in it is doomed for that place called hell!! grin grin grin
However, for obvious reason in which the bible is even countering itself, we can see that we are like active characters in a Mortal Combat Game. 1st and second pads are actively controlled and we are controlled to hell!
Well, I don't believe all those illogical hell threat doh. God remains Love
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: If you think you are the master of your life and don't believe in God or the devil, then you are in for it because you are either living for God or the devil for there is no middle ground. Also there will be consequences for your actions, because you are either living right or sold out to sin.

Ask your self this question why is it always difficult when i want to live right and so easy to live in sin?

Why is your religion fear and force based ? It is ok to advice people to live right because what ever they do comes back to them. But the idea of worship a being is absurd. If your reason of doing things is to get a result then you are very wrong. Live life without expectations- free your mind. There is no such thing as sin.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

This is a warning to all atheists on NL, you think you are being logical and in total control of your life?
You are being greatly influenced and doing exactly what the devil wants, though you neglect to admit his existence.

Come to think of it, why is it not easy for you to live your life for good, but waxing in lust and sin of the flesh?

Why are you trying to force people to your way? Every human is capable of good and bad. God and Devil are no separate beings......they are one and dwell in every living being. I know you read the bile a lot but yet you do not seem to understand it.

You might want to challenge me from genesis to revelation,i will gladly educated you better on it.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Edenitis(m): 1:37am On Apr 18, 2013
ifeness you want to educate someone like Pastor Olu on the Bible?

Get serious my friend.

My heart bleeds when I read comments made on the forum where guys make uncomplimentary comments against the Almighty.

In my daily interactions with people, I find most of our youths no longer have respect for their elders!

These ones who think they are educated speak disparagingly of concepts and beings they do not understand.

Nobody is forcing anyone to Our Way.

If you took the sermon with an open mind, you will find the following:

1. that we are all given free will
2. that we are shown the way to go by the one who made us.
3. that we missed the way
4. that we were then given a ticket to make amends through the blood of Jesus Christ
5. that the decision is always our
6. that those who do not take the decision to make amends settle for the consequences of their decision which is hell fire.

Where is the force?

I build a car and tell you how to drive and maintain it for uptimal performance.

You follow the rules, you enjoy it for as long as you wish.

You disregard the rules

You carry the stress, extra expense at all what not........

When you guys complain and insult and discredit God, I see rebels desperately trying to seek relevance and justify their free fall into destruction. They are frustrated with their helplessness and hate those who are going the opposite way because deep in their hearts, they know that is the way to go.

I got born again in October 1974. I am very happy to be born again and the only one thing I hold dear in all my life is my ticket to heaven. Nobody and nothing can take it away from me. Not even death or all the wealth of the world.

So what we do is invite you to come and partake of our joy and warn you of the dangers of not joining us. That is not force. It is love. I have something good I am enjoying. Come and join me.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Yooguyz: 9:59am On Apr 18, 2013
man is a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. He relates to the spirit world via his spirit. If he is rejects the gospel of Jesus, it's because his spirit is influenced by demons. It would require more than just preaching to win his soul. You will need to bind the operations of principalities and powers of his spirit before preaching so that barriers covering his heart will be removed.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
[quote
author=Edenitis]ifeness you want to educate someone like Pastor Olu on
the Bible?

Get serious my friend.

My heart bleeds when I read comments made on the forum where guys make
uncomplimentary comments against the Almighty.

In my daily interactions with people, I find most of our youths no
longer have respect for their elders!

These ones who think they are educated speak disparagingly of concepts
and beings they do not understand.

4. that we were then given a ticket to make amends through the blood of
Jesus Christ
6. that those who do not take the decision to make amends settle for
the consequences of their decision which is hell fire.

Where is the force?

I build a car and tell you how to drive and maintain it for uptimal
performance.

You disregard the rules

When you guys complain and insult and discredit God, I see rebels
desperately trying to seek relevance and justify their free fall into
destruction. They are frustrated with their helplessness and hate those
who are going the opposite way because deep in their hearts, they know
that is the way to go.

I got born again in October 1974. I am very happy to be born again and
the only one thing I hold dear in all my life is my ticket to heaven.
Nobody and nothing can take it away from me. Not even death or all the
wealth of the world.

So what we do is invite you to come and partake of our joy and warn you
of the dangers of not joining us. That is not force. It is love. I have
something good I am enjoying. Come and join me.

God bless you.[/quote]

God bless you real good sir,

I need say no more, your summary says all!
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
[quote
author=Yooguyz]man is a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. He
relates to the spirit world via his spirit. If he is rejects the gospel
of Jesus, it's because his spirit is influenced by demons. It would
require more than just preaching to win his soul. You will need to bind
the operations of principalities and powers of his spirit before
preaching so that barriers covering his heart will be removed.[/quote]

Yes my friend you are right, but the preaching itself is with power and has the ability to change anyone. The bible says the gospel is the power of God unto salvation!
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
We can never be empty but must be occupied for God had created us so! shocked

What are you filled with? undecided
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 2:07am On May 04, 2013

Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. {ye...: or, fulfil not}

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. {affections: or, passions}

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by shdemidemi(m): 9:57am On May 04, 2013
Another wonderful piece.
But one thing that surprises me is how atheist and agnostic people behave as well as they do considering their state of being totally out of God. In retrospect to the scriptures and as revealed by this post, I would expect them to be even worse than they are. I believe God still place a conscience that he uses to prick them at points where their shallow mind and deeds interfere with God's Will.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 04, 2013
Edenitis: ifeness you want to educate someone like Pastor Olu on the Bible?

Get serious my friend.

My heart bleeds when I read comments made on the forum where guys make uncomplimentary comments against the Almighty.

In my daily interactions with people, I find most of our youths no longer have respect for their elders!

These ones who think they are educated speak disparagingly of concepts and beings they do not understand.

4. that we were then given a ticket to make amends through the blood of Jesus Christ
6. that those who do not take the decision to make amends settle for the consequences of their decision which is hell fire.

Where is the force?

I build a car and tell you how to drive and maintain it for uptimal performance.

You disregard the rules

When you guys complain and insult and discredit God, I see rebels desperately trying to seek relevance and justify their free fall into destruction. They are frustrated with their helplessness and hate those who are going the opposite way because deep in their hearts, they know that is the way to go.

I got born again in October 1974. I am very happy to be born again and the only one thing I hold dear in all my life is my ticket to heaven. Nobody and nothing can take it away from me. Not even death or all the wealth of the world.

So what we do is invite you to come and partake of our joy and warn you of the dangers of not joining us. That is not force. It is love. I have something good I am enjoying. Come and join me.

God bless you.

Who is pastor olu? His ideas are only programmed around the bible. I have been there,done all that when i used to think and reason like him. His idea about God is wrong also the devil

If i may enlighten both of you, God and Devil are nothing but a state of consciousness,not individuals as you wrongly think. God is a collective state of mind, a level of bliss and unselfish love a soul can attain. The hindus call it " Moksha"...... Same applies to the word called devil.

It pains me to see christian thinking they know it all, you guys only know a bit about Jesus's messages which obviously has been edited to keep ur mind enslaved . He never asked you to worship him but to be like him. Be a light to others as he was a light to the primitive dudes he was around. Inside every human is the abode of God- which means you have God which you are made of inside you but you are unaware due to ignorance. That is all you should know rather than turn those wise words into a multi million dollars religion.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by shdemidemi(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

Who is pastor olu? His ideas are only programmed around the bible. I have been there,done all that when i used to think and reason like him. His idea about God is wrong also the devil

If i may enlighten both of you, God and Devil are nothing but a state of consciousness,not individuals as you wrongly think. God is a collective state of mind, a level of bliss and unselfish love a soul can attain. The hindus call it " Moksha"...... Same applies to the word called devil.

I pains me to see christian thinking they know it all, you guys only know a bit about Jesus's messages which obviously has been edited to keep ur mind enslaved . He never asked you to worship him but to be like him. Be a light to others as he was a light to the primitive dudes he was around. Inside every human is the abode of God- which means you have God which you are made of inside you but you are unaware due to ignorance. That is all you should know rather than turn those wise words into a multi million dollars religion.

So, all you can deduce from the post is how Christ is not to be worshiped and how who worship him is enslaved. You claim you have been in a state of been programmed around the bible like the OP is right now ,of course you were cos you admit God is in you (am ignoring the universality).

What edited message separates Jesus from being God and unworthy of worship?
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 5:54am On May 05, 2013
shdemidemi: Another wonderful piece.
But one thing that surprises me is how atheist and agnostic people behave as well as they do considering their state of being totally out of God. In retrospect to the scriptures and as revealed by this post, I would expect them to be even worse than they are. I believe God still place a conscience that he uses to prick them at points where their shallow mind and deeds interfere with God's Will.

Yes you are right brother, but i also came across a scripture concerning this sometimes ago in my study and would like you to also consider it.

2 Thessalonians 2

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable bro
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 5:58am On May 05, 2013
ifeness:

It pains me to see christian thinking they know it all, you guys only know a bit about Jesus's messages which obviously has been edited to keep ur mind enslaved . He never asked you to worship him but to be like him. Be a light to others as he was a light to the primitive dudes he was around. Inside every human is the abode of God- which means you have God which you are made of inside you but you are unaware due to ignorance. That is all you should know rather than turn those wise words into a multi million dollars religion.

The bold, I am the son of the most high doing exploit in the kingdom and a threat to the kingdom of darkness grin wink

Man what do you believe and what in the world are you basing your ideas on, because i don't seem to understand you? undecided shocked
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2013
Mayowura: Annointedly powerful piece.Keep up the good work bro.
God is your strength.

Thanks bro
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 10:23pm On May 07, 2013
ifeness:

Why are you trying to force people to your way? Every human is capable of good and bad. God and Devil are no separate beings......they are one and dwell in every living being. I know you read the bile a lot but yet you do not seem to understand it.

You might want to challenge me from genesis to revelation,i will gladly educated you better on it.

Bring it on man, but be sure it is the bible undecided shocked grin
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2013
Why is it that all the people having problems with the bible teaching never live right? I guess that is the main reason they miscontrue the word in order to justify their wrong.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
This is the irony of those that argue that if He is God, then no one should reject Or neglect Him!
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 5:40am On Aug 01, 2013
Pastor Olu T: 08/04/2010

AM I BEING INFLUENCED?

I know that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
Jeremiah 10:23

This morning as I was reading my bible and I came across this scriptural verse which came as a surprise to me even though I have read the bible through many times, it seems as if I am seeing this for the first time so I paused to really consider what the bible is saying, that it is not man that controls his activities or what actually happens in his life. If the way human act is not totally under his control then man is really in for it, because the bible made it clear that man is accountable for his actions and every of his actions comes with consequences. The bible says that all man shall give account for his actions, be it good or bad, Romans 14:12 so then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. This seems not to be fair, since man is not the one really responsible for his actions then why should he be made to face the consequences of his actions. Before we continue in this line, I will want us to consider closely if truly man is being influenced, and if yes who and what is it that influences man.

In the beginning God created man, He created him with a free will and the ability to do whatever seems right to him but also warning him against what he must not do, but as we all know the story, Adam sinned and he had to leave the Garden of Eden. Leaving the Garden of Eden was not the only woe that befell him, he was also separated from God and lost some certain rights in the spiritual, actually what happened was that man sold out as a result of his sin and unfortunately, the one he sold out to was the devil who maximize every opportunity given to it. The devil seeing that man had been separated from God and now desire things other than God seizes the opportunity by seducing man with those other things. The more man crave for and get this things, the more separated he gets from God, the more separated he is from God, the more he looses control of himself and become empty.

Man is created in such a way that his spirit cant be void but must be occupied, so man has the opportunity to determine who or what occupies or live in him, but the devil knowing this took advantage of man’s ignorance occupy those space, takes charge and influences man even unknowingly to man. The bible refers to him as a thief, and as we know the thief does not come through the right channel and when he comes in, he does what the owner do not really like or wants, for the bible says the thief comes not but to steal, to kill and to destroy, John 10:10. When the devil comes in to fill the void, he takes control of man fully or partially depending on how yielding he is to sin, the bible says whatever a man gives himself to obey to that thing he is a slave. The devil possession could also be knowingly or unknowingly to man, most of the time it is unknowingly, and unknowingly man gives himself to sin to the extent that he can’t stop some certain things which he found himself doing, even though he no longer wants to continue. Those that do it knowingly totally belong to the devil and gives themselves unreservedly to wickedness and the dictates of the devil.
Romans 6:16 says, Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

You become slave to sin which the devil is the author, invariable you become slave to the devil. At this stage man can no longer help himself except for divine intervention , on the other hand when man actually know he is possessed by the devil, this is more serious than the first because man gives himself not just to sin but also to wickedness which originate from the devil, invariable given himself to the devil doing his bidding. This is worst because turning back to God is almost unlikely, but we know with God nothing is impossible.
If man is being controlled, then why does he now have to come under judgment for his actions, man has to come under judgment even though he is being influenced, because God knowing man can no longer help himself since he sold out to the devil, provided a way out in the person of Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 for God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Whosoever believes in him would not perish or come under judgment because he takes up a new life and a new right in the spirit. Whenever one accept Jesus as lord and personal savior, it does not mean that he is free from being influenced, it’s just that he is influenced by the Spirit of God . The Holy Spirit leads and controls him to do the bidding of the father and as a result gives himself to righteousness. The more he gives himself to Christ, the more the Holy Spirit takes control of him and the more the Holy Spirit takes control of him, the more he lives the life God has called him to live. Man will be responsible for his actions even though he is not in total control of his actions because there is always a way out in CHRIST JESUS.

God knows all that is going on and so also is the devil, so no man cant stay without making a decision, not making any decision is a decision itself, because you are making a decision not to make a decision. Once you don’t make a decision for God you have already made decisions for the devil, for you can not remain empty, it is either you are filled with the Spirit of God and be led by Him or of the devil and do his bidding.
Revelation 3:20 says Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hears my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup (eat) with him, and he with Me.

Jesus is waiting for you just like the father of the prodigal son was waiting and watching for His son to come back home, all you need do is to just invite Him into your heart and He will come and fill it with JOY UNSPEAKABLE FOR HE LOVES YOU DEARLY.

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
Who are u giving ur will to?
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 3:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Who is leading you?
AS MANY AS ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD ARE SONS OF GOD!
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Lust is strong desires or evil cravings which mostly have to do with sex. This is mostly brought about as a result of what we see, ear, feel etc invariable our mind which is the seat of the soul. Since the main problem is with the mind, what need be done is that the mind be renewed and every other thing will follow suit. We renew our mind as we study the scriptures daily and meditate on it.
The bible enjoins us on what to set our minds on Philippians 4:8. When the mind is always set on the things of the spirit the issue of lust would soon be a forgotten, though the tendency would still be there which is the reason we constantly set our mind on the things of the spirit according to Romans 8:5-6.

Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will understand what the perfect will of the Lord is, His good pleasing and perfect will.

Romans 12:2

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by PastorOluT(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Lust is strong desires or evil cravings which mostly have to do with sex. This is mostly brought about as a result of what we see, ear, feel etc invariable our mind which is the seat of the soul. Since the main problem is with the mind, what need be done is that the mind be renewed and every other thing will follow suit. We renew our mind as we study the scriptures daily and meditate on it.
The bible enjoins us on what to set our minds on Philippians 4:8. When the mind is always set on the things of the spirit the issue of lust would soon be a forgotten, though the tendency would still be there which is the reason we constantly set our mind on the things of the spirit according to Romans 8:5-6.

Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will understand what the perfect will of the Lord is, His good pleasing and perfect will.

Romans 12:2

Re: Am I Being Influenced? by rastamouse: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pastor Olu T: We can never be empty but must be occupied for God had created us so! shocked

What are you filled with? undecided

Great question pastor! Keep asking all the right questions

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? / I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told / My Father, My Father Presents 'bet9ja Must Pay' Church Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.