Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. (2484 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by fatdon1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Nigeria’s richest pastor and self-
styled bishop, David Oyedepo,
has made a glistening addition to
his business empire by floating an
airline called Dominion Air.
Oyedepo, who a few years ago
ignited debate on flamboyant
Christianity by acquiring his
fourth private jet, is the owner
of Dominion Publishing House,
Covenant University and an elite
secondary school called Faith
Academy.
Sources within the Corporate
Affairs Commission (CAC), the
agency charged with business
registration in Nigeria, confirmed
the registration of Dominion Air
with David Oyedepo as its
chairman. Another source within
a Lagos-based insurance firm
known to handle most of
Oyedepo’s businesses said the
airline project had been in the
works for six years and was only
made a reality this year.
In a swift reaction, Lawrence
Ofili, a member of the Save Nigeria
Group (SNG), “Pastor Oyedepo
by his choice of businesses has
severally demonstrated a
disconnect between himself and
hundreds of thousands of poor
Christians who he claimed to
have come to deliver. About 90
per cent of public schools in this
country were built by early
Christian missionaries; today
Oyedepo has Covenant
University but it is for children of
millionaires,” says Mr Ofili.
“Even with the high school called
Faith Academy, I am aware that
most children in his congregation
dream to be educated there but
their parents who probably pay
tithes and offerings cannot
afford the school fees. His Faith
Tabernacle accommodates
50,000 worshippers every
Sunday; how many of them are
going to fly Dominion Air?
Honestly this project is not for
the poor. He should have settled
for mechanised farming to
engage unemployed men and
women.”
Listed by Forbes as Nigeria’s
wealthiest pastor with a net
worth of $150 million, David
Oyedepo is a preacher and
founder of Living Faith Church
Worldwide, more popularly
known as Winners’ Chapel.
Besides his four private jets,
Forbes also mentioned the
preacher’s luxury homes in
London and the United States.
www.informationnaija.com/bishop-david-oyedepo-launches-airline-dominion-air/
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by dasparrow: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
@Post

It is well. On judgement God will decide who is truly His and who isn't.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by excondido(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
o ye of little faith...who will not fly in an anointed plane, where the pilots are pastors, cabin crew are female church ushers and most importantly a plane that runs on anoiting oil fuel...welcome on board dominion air!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by obioraeze(m): 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
much as i dnt want to touch his annioted and do his prophet no harm, y dnt he mimic T.B joshua, who helps the poor and those who can not afford schools like his,may God helps us all.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by kelvincoll(m): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
Well....If the airline offers about 50% slash the present airfare, ensure safety and employ a lot of youths out there irrespective of church attended, i'ld reserve ma comment undecided
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by sheedy407(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
I need open church
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by obi4eze(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
But this is an old news. Why bring it up again?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by obi4eze(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
But this is old news. Why bring it up again? Besides, the fact that he has jets doesn't mean that he doesn't give to the needy. One can do good without telling others about it.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
@OP. I totally agree with u. Christainity was found after christ. This i believe implies that christains should exihibt ''christ -like'' attitude, especially those that claim to preach it. Just as the saying...''practice what you preach''.
Now if you are conversant with the story about the life of Jesus christ ofcourse you'll agree with me that most Gods of Men, some call them Men of God are not anywhere close to what christainity entails. As a matter of fact, christ consistently stressed the need to help those in pain, those that are suffering ie people that find it difficult to meet up with life challenges. But today, reverse is the case. They now collect from the poor masses to better their lives, living a flambouyant lifestyle.
The primary aim of the church is to reach out and help the less privileged. So i ask, can a man that represents God ie Man of God open up a school that pays almost six hundred and something thousand as school fees? What percentage of his members can afford to pay such a huge amount? Lastly, in what ways do members benefit from their investments?. This is business. Don't blame the person that introduced the term..... PASTORPRENURES.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. by seyibrown(f): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
I don't think there is anything wrong with a Church/Pastor investing in business. Christian businesses are an opportunity show the world Christ by doing business in a christ-like way! I look forward to seeing more and more successful Christian establishments in every business sector! What I would deeply question is a lack of welfare programme for the Church/Pastor's less privileged church members. A Church/Pastor that is wealthy enough to invest in business should be 'christ-like' enough to help its/his needy church members.

James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Matthew 25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

More on helping others here: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verse-about-helping-others-21-top-scriptures/#ixzz2OSndbZHj

Church-goers who do not want their Pastors to be wealthy through Tithes and Offerings should move to Churches where the Pastors are paid fixed Salaries and benefits out of the church takings (and the rest of takings are used to help needy church members or invested in businesses), and bear in mind that members will still give gifts to the Pastor.

Bring on 'Dominion Bank' but make sure your church members aren't hungry or homeless!

(1) (Reply)

PASTOR AJANAKU’S DEATH: 27 Ogboni Fraternity Members Storm Home; Perform Rites / Why Does The Whole World Think That The Negro Is Inherently Stupi..d? / Free Download Of The Day: 'ruling The World Around You', By David Ogbueli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.