Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. (9532 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ZUBY77(m): 3:24am On Mar 24, 2013
Since the emergence of the six geo-political zones in Nigeria, i saw an opportunity for the southerners (SW, SS and SE) to unite but they are still holding each other down on the mud.
An Igbo proverb says that ' Oji onye nani ji onwe ya' (He who holds another down, holds himself down too. Since he will need to stay down to hold the other
)
Since Independence, the North has been killing the southerners, mostly the Igbos, each time Power shifts out of their (north) hands to the South.

The killings brought about the civil war in 1966 and the killings continued long after the war. It is a fact that the Yorubas easily defected to Nigeria during the civil war but Igbos could have done the same if they owned SW and Lagos. Awolowo was part of the govt during the war but he was not incharge of the war. Gowon was incharge. Awolowo did what he was told to do, starve the enemy to submission which is a war strategy all over the World. Awolowo knew that the Biafrans will lose the war since Nigeria had better allies in Britain who were still much on ground then. Although we the Igbos blamed Awolowo because his strategy didn't favour us and someone (Achebe) surely had to point that out. Informatiion such as that cannot be allowed to die easily because we all need to learn from it but we the Igbos must understand that Awolowo did what he was ordered to do. While we are busy blaming Awolowo, some group of animals in the North are killing the Southerners everyday, destroying their business and destablising their familiies.
Their Original plan of invading the south, conquering it and converting it to Islamic region is still their agenda.

To my fellow Igbos, we must leave Yoruba alone and face our enemy which is the North. Yorubas are not violent or hostile towards us compared to the North. Yorubas don't burn our houses or shops or companies, rather they increase rents and taxes which i also believe we are capable of doing if we are in their shoes.

The South must unite to fight the common enemy. We the Igbos must be prudent enough to stop fighting in two fronts and concentrate our energy and time to fighting our common enemy.
First, we must have a confederation of southern Nigeria. That will send a message to them up there iin the North.
I have devised about 10 ways which we will use to defeat the North and own our lives but i cannot post it on the internet. The Ohaneze Ndigbo is a useless group. The politicians are greedy and will sell out any time.
I don't know which group to approach yet but i am patiently waiting.

7 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Ikengawo: 3:40am On Mar 24, 2013
Yorubas are in Boko Haram. They're also celebrating the death of Chinua Achebe. They have also celebrated the malnutrition of igbo children during Biafra. Igbo people have nothing to gain from 'uniting' with Yoruba people because all of the ills the north is inflicting on Nigeria, Yoruba's have always agreed with them and been on their side. Tinubu is now asking for Boko Haram's amnesty, as are many Yoruba leaders and many northern leaders meaning these people will be paid for killing Igbos and except from the law. Yoruba are worst than Hausas because Hausas are inflicting the evil Yorubas want to inflict but are too cowardly to do themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 24, 2013
Ikengawo: Yorubas are in Boko Haram. They're also celebrating the death of Chinua Achebe. They have also celebrated the malnutrition of igbo children during Biafra. Igbo people have nothing to gain from 'uniting' with Yoruba people because all of the ills the north is inflicting on Nigeria, Yoruba's have always agreed with them and been on their side. Tinubu is now asking for Boko Haram's amnesty, as are many Yoruba leaders and many northern leaders meaning these people will be paid for killing Igbos and except from the law. Yoruba are worst than Hausas because Hausas are inflicting the evil Yorubas want to inflict but are too cowardly to do themselves.
If needs be that the Igbos unite with the yorubas to fight a common plague the hausas I advise the Igbos to do that. do you think the person that wrote this article is stupid? better be wise, retard.

5 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 24, 2013
ZUBY77: Since the emergence of the six geo-political zones in Nigeria, i saw an opportunity for the southerners (SW, SS and SE) to unite but they are still holding each other down on the mud.
An Igbo proverb says that ' Oji onye nani ji onwe ya' (He who holds another down, holds himself down too. Since he will need to stay down to hold the other
)
Since Independence, the North has been killing the southerners, mostly the Igbos, each time Power shifts out of their (north) hands to the South.

The killings brought about the civil war in 1966 and the killings continued long after the war. It is a fact that the Yorubas easily defected to Nigeria during the civil war but Igbos could have done the same if they owned SW and Lagos. Awolowo was part of the govt during the war but he was not incharge of the war. Gowon was incharge. Awolowo did what he was told to do, starve the enemy to submission which is a war strategy all over the World. Awolowo knew that the Biafrans will lose the war since Nigeria had better allies in Britain who were still much on ground then. Although we the Igbos blamed Awolowo because his strategy didn't favour us and someone (Achebe) surely had to point that out. Informatiion such as that cannot be allowed to die easily because we all need to learn from it but we the Igbos must understand that Awolowo did what he was ordered to do. While we are busy blaming Awolowo, some group of animals in the North are killing the Southerners everyday, destroying their business and destablising their familiies.
Their Original plan of invading the south, conquering it and converting it to Islamic region is still their agenda.

To my fellow Igbos, we must leave Yoruba alone and face our enemy which is the North. Yorubas are not violent or hostile towards us compared to the North. Yorubas don't burn our houses or shops or companies, rather they increase rents and taxes which i also believe we are capable of doing if we are in their shoes.

The South must unite to fight the common enemy. We the Igbos must be prudent enough to stop fighting in two fronts and concentrate our energy and time to fighting our common enemy.
First, we must have a confederation of southern Nigeria. That will send a message to them up there iin the North.
I have devised about 10 ways which we will use to defeat the North and own our lives but i cannot post it on the internet. The Ohaneze Ndigbo is a useless group. The politicians are greedy and will sell out any time.
I don't know which group to approach yet but i am patiently waiting.
you are very wise. The igbos need to unite with the Yorubas to fight the hausas. I hardly see reasonable articles like this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Ikengawo: 4:25am On Mar 24, 2013
babe_online:
If needs be that the Igbos unite with the yorubas to fight a common plague the hausas I advise the Igbos to do that. do you think the person that wrote this article is stupid? better be wise, retard.

Yorubas and Hausas are the common plague, not just Hausas. There are no hausas celebrating the death of biafran children and Chinua Achebe the way Yorubas are doing it. More over, Yorubas have been found to be members of Boko Haram. They're now asking for amnesty for Boko Haram. Don't try to isolate Hausas in this. The Niger Delta was robbed by Yorubas and Hausas. The atrocities of Biafra were committed by Yorubas and Hausas, and now Boko Haram, same. After Buhari watched his supporters murder Youth Corpers at will Bola Tinubu decided to merge with his so that they can share the same supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Ikengawo: 4:26am On Mar 24, 2013
More over, what's common about this common plague? They're not attacking and targeting Yoruba people, they're attacking and targeting Igbos, Middle Belters and SS.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 24, 2013
Ikengawo:

You have shown the world why nobody wants to unite with Yoruba people. You will say one thing and do the other because you're weak undisciplined, cowardly and emotional.

The first president of the republic ran away because he got a hint of an impending coup. Not even the meeting of the commonwealth heads of state taking place in his capital could persuade him to come back.
He left his prime minister to his fate.
Isn't it part of the oath of office that you will defend the nation without fear?
Talk of being weak, undisciplined, cowardly and emotional.
Not to mention the other one who became a refugee in Ivory coast.

4 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by kunlekunle: 4:46am On Mar 24, 2013
Ikengawo: Yorubas are in Boko Haram. They're also celebrating the death of Chinua Achebe. They have also celebrated the malnutrition of igbo children during Biafra. Igbo people have nothing to gain from 'uniting' with Yoruba people because all of the ills the north is inflicting on Nigeria, Yoruba's have always agreed with them and been on their side. Tinubu is now asking for Boko Haram's amnesty, as are many Yoruba leaders and many northern leaders meaning these people will be paid for killing Igbos and except from the law. Yoruba are worst than Hausas because Hausas are inflicting the evil Yorubas want to inflict but are too cowardly to do themselves.

Ask ZIK, the virgin waiting to wooed (the igbos)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bye-Election: Kwara PDP Accuses APC Of 'Importing Thugs' / Full List: Meet The 16 Pdp Governors And Their States As Pdp Takes More States / Boko Haram Declares Full Sharia; Beheads Christians, Marries In Gwoza, Madagali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.