Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Mtn Bis Scam!!! - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Mtn Bis Scam!!! (887 Views)

Mtn Free Blackberry Subscription(bis Cheat) / How To Use Mtn Bis On System Pc/laptops / Glo BIS (Globacom Blackberry Internet Solution) Now 1400? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Bis Scam!!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2013
As almost everyone has noticed mtn BIS has been terrible lately, and not only have they not issued an official apology but the bis service is now deducting people's call credit. I have two blackberries, one was given by my company and the other personal, the official one has been unusable for the last two weeks I have sent emails to MTN complaining eventually my BIS service was stopped prematurely on the official phone, this service was meant to run until end of April, I have called their customer care line since Wednesday and up until now nothing has been done angry angry angry .

I was at least consoled I had my personal bb phone BIS still active until I noticed on Thursday morning that my call credit was being deducted for all bbm's and emails I received I further called mtn and even sent them official emails complaining and finally my bis on my personal Blackberry also stopped working despite still having the 3g and bis symbols displayed I cant do anything like send bbm or send emails except I have credit.

I was able to get some info from a call center agent I spoke to yesterday who told me that their servers were upgraded to place a data cap on 1,500 naira bbc per month MTN package to 200mb, ie. once you exceed 200mb the bis will start dedycting your call credit and I was like WTF? 200mb?!!!! I recall seeing 3GB here on nairaland and she said no it is 200mb undecided undecided undecided undecided.

Pls what better plans can I get for my 1,500 because 200mb is just too small, I heard etisalat is unlimited for 1,500 is this true?
Re: Mtn Bis Scam!!! by Coldblooded(m): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
hmm! welcome to MTN man. I am xperiencing the same thing too,my bis is still active but stopped browsing close to 2wks now.I've called customer care several times,visited dia care centre only to be told dat it was a netwrk problem & dat it affected only some lines n not all. For d data cap of 200mb,dis is ma 1st time of hearing it cos i wil not hesitate to ditch out ma bb n get an android cos it's d unlimited mb dat diverted ma attention from android to bb.For d etisalat,I dont knw about diaz though some pple said it's limitless.I wil comfirm later cos dat's wia i wil delve into since mtn has refused to offer stable services.
Re: Mtn Bis Scam!!! by abbakacici: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2013
And the bad thing is you can't cancel your subscribtion and sub for the 3K bis complete
Re: Mtn Bis Scam!!! by DeeOneBangin: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Yes ooo, I jst left deir office now. Had similar probs too. Its now 200Mb. Am so dropping the sin cos it doesn't make sense. Etisalat-unlimited, Glo-3Gb, airtel-1Gb. Mtn is so disgusting
Re: Mtn Bis Scam!!! by Coldblooded(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
Yes ooo, I jst left deir office now. Had similar probs too. Its now 200Mb. Am so dropping the sin cos it doesn't make sense. Etisalat-unlimited, Glo-3Gb, airtel-1Gb. Mtn is so disgusting
200mb! dats funny, d unlimited mb is d only good thing to have come out from mtn to Nigerians,I don't want to talk about dia crappy services. Why r South African companies so mean to Nigerians? I can't wait for d so called "mobile number portability" if it exists.Shey na from today?

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Drifta For Sale...wireless Version You Dont Need To Pay (12k) / Macbook Pro S6 Edge,s6,note 5,iphone 6, Iphone 6 Plus,ps Vita / Tecno A2 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.