Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims (6537 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by busar(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2013
I would suggest we go with mac on the idea he raised.perhaps the active members should b the majority.From there,we can proceed.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by sino(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
Yeah i agree with deols on reg issue, it would even delay things somehow...

Ok, progress is being made ma sha Allah.

Tbaba mentioned 3 committees, planning, finance and execution, i think we can adopt this structure. Since people are already turning up to show their interest, perhaps we should now ask them to choose which committee they want to belong.

We can deliberate on how many volunteers each committee can be made up of. I go with tbaba's 5 for planning, but i suggest 2 for finance and then 10 for execution.

I would suggest that the planning and finance should be fixed (for now), while the execution(abi na executing, i no sabi english o lol) committee rotated or sourced for, for each project, by placing ads on the front page.
I think peeps in planning and finance can also be part of executing committee, depending on the project.

I support the move by Mac for a new thread for fp, you know how some Nlanders go into a frenzy when threads for muslims hit the fp.

May Allah assist us ameen.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by kemiola89(f): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
sino: Yeah i agree with deols on reg issue, it would even delay things somehow...

Ok, progress is being made ma sha Allah.

Tbaba mentioned 3 committees, planning, finance and execution, i think we can adopt this structure. Since people are already turning up to show their interest, perhaps we should now ask them to choose which committee they want to belong.

We can deliberate on how many volunteers each committee can be made up of. I go with tbaba's 5 for planning, but i suggest 2 for finance and then 10 for execution.

I would suggest that the planning and finance should be fixed (for now), while the execution(abi na executing, i no sabi english o lol) committee rotated or sourced for, for each project, by placing ads on the front page.
I think peeps in planning and finance can also be part of executing committee, depending on the project.

I support the move by Mac for a new thread for fp, you know how some Nlanders go into a frenzy when threads for muslims hit the fp.

May Allah assist us ameen.
i get your point about the committees which i'm totally in support of. Now lets get the flag flying already
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 10:34am On Mar 29, 2013
I think we should-
1. Decide on a project
2. Choose what part of the country we are targeting
3. Have a budget
4. Present what we have to d public while
a. Asking evry1 for their contribution
b. Giving room for them to say what comiti(cant remember d spelling wink) they want to work on.

I think d public presentation should be d last thing with the following in mind.

If u av a business proposition and u want a financier, u dont go to him asking what he thinks u shld do. U go wv him wv a proposal detailing all that u have in mind. If u go unprepared d first time, it may be hard getting him to listen to u when u are finally ready because u wld have given him d impression of u as being unserious.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by laykhorn(m): 2:24am On Apr 05, 2013
Nice idea from all.
I'm in!
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 4:51am On Apr 05, 2013
and tbaba deserted d thread angry
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 6:23am On Apr 05, 2013
I didn't leave the thread, so many things have been happening Crazy couple of weeks.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by damas11111(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2013
Good idea. Count me in please. Not on the ground though.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
First, i don't want this project to be a Tbaba project.. I want it to be a muslim community project that should go on even when tbaba is not available. So everyone should pull their weight and let's see how far we can take this.

This kind of project is more feasible is Lagos. Without any poll, I think most of the muslims on Nairaland live in the south west. Therefore that seems like a more feasible venue.

The back to school project

This is aimed providing students with school supplies necessary for the next school year. The main focus is that no kid leaves without a bag pack and/or some school supplies...

School bags cost about N3000 -N5000 and could cost more depending on the quality. We should aim to get about 100.. At the rate of 5,000. That gives us N500,000.. At 50, N250,000

Getting school supplies might be cheaper, book, pens, pencils, crayons etc... This should take place at a local mosque... Getting a dozen 60 leaves booklet cost less than a N1000 Naira, i think. 100 would be N100,000, 50- 50,000... We could also get pens and pencils to supplement.

Before the event, we will have to distribute flyers to people in the local community chosen and also have a banner, so that people are aware.

We might also consider getting canopies so that people do not line up in the sun. Parents should come with their kids.. This means we also have to have candy and biscuits for the kids....

With About 150,000 - N200,000, we can pull off a successful event.

With bag packs, we will need about N300,000 and above to pull off a successful event.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
We might get people that can help us with the banners and flyers for free... We might also get muslims that might supply us some of the items at a discount.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
We could also set up a blog that would keep people abreast of developments.....
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
Let us stop dragging our feet and get to work..

I volunteer to to part of the initial planning group....

I need three or four more people... Let us draw up a budget and write a proposal that would be presented to the entire Muslim community on Nairaland..

We should give ourselves one or two week to complete this.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
Oya now. Where is everybody
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
LOL, Everybody has run away...

Well, i can't say i am surprised
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
hmmmmmmmmnnnnnn.

may be they will be here tomorrow(friday)
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234: LOL, Everybody has run away...

Are you here to judge or work with people?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by olawalebabs(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234: LOL, Everybody has run away...

As In?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
maclatunji:

Are you here to judge or work with people?

I am just expressing a bit of disappointment at the response... I am not judging anyone...
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
olawalebabs: As In?

As in, no one is responding
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
I raised a suggestion but no one offered a view after numerous views. You can either endorse it or reject it even if you do not think you can volunteer.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
I endorse grin
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols: I endorse grin

grin grin... Thank you...
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by olawalebabs(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
I just read through the suggestions, it is okay. am in for it.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
We are looking for volunteers who are willing to work on some kind of proposal....
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
I will start calling names o!! grin
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by SONKOko(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nice initiative

tbaba1234: I will start calling names o!! grin

Yeah I think you should nominate some people
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
NOminated

Maclatunji

Sino

Sister ......

accept your nomination, people... It won't take too much of you time... A sister should nominate herself.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by SONKOko(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234: NOminated

Maclatunji

Sino

Sister ......

accept your nomination, people... It won't take too much of you time... A sister should nominate herself.

why do you want a sister to nominate herself when you can simply nominate one?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
SONKOko:

why do you want a sister to nominate herself when you can simply nominate one?

We can do without a sister, I just need a person to do the market analysis. Anyone with that kind of knowledge is good
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

We can do without a sister, I just need a person to do the market analysis. Anyone with that kind of knowledge is good

How is it that neither of the already nominated people can do the market analysis.

Are the ladies only good for market matters let us not start on this note at all.

Zayhal had mentioned she is in.Kemiola too. what happened to nominating either of them and not because they are market savvy.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols:

How is it that neither of the already nominated people can do the market analysis.

Are the ladies only good for market matters let us not start on this note at all.

Zayhal had mentioned she is in.Kemiola too. what happened to nominating either of them and not because they are market savvy.

That is why i said, we can do without the sisters... In any case, Many times women know more about the prices of things than guys. It is not to put anyone down, it is a credit to them.

Why can't you be nominated?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234: NOminated

Maclatunji

Sino

Sister ......

Replace me with someone else, I can help you from the background.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How A Western Muslim Left Islam / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.