Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims (6534 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 9:12pm On May 02, 2013
The proposal is ready, i am waiting for one of the committee members to approve before posting it here.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by sino(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2013
@tbaba, you've got mail.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by sino(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2013
dominique: Salam brothers & sisters, how is the project going? @tbaba or sino, pls send me a pm as regarding my participation. May Allah guide us aright.
Wa salam,
The project is going on fine masha Allah, we'll get in touch with you.

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 4:53pm On May 03, 2013
Please find the proposal below and the file attached.

PROJECT PROPOSAL

1. PROGRAMME / PROJECT TITLE
Back to School Project

2. LOCATION / TARGET POPULATION
This Project targets young students from impoverished neighborhoods and aims to provide them with school supplies for the school term starting August/September 2013.

3. IMPLEMENTING AGENCY
The Nairaland Muslim community will be responsible for carrying out the project activities.

4. EXECUTING AGENCY

The Nairaland Muslim Community would be responsible for financial management and co-ordination of the project.

5. START DATE
This project starts April 2013

6. DURATION

It is expected to last till August 2013.

7. PROJECT COST
N153, 250

8. CURRENT SITUATION (PROBLEMS AND NEEDS)

- Many parents struggle with providing basic needs like food, clothing and shelter for their children.

-According to a UNICEF Report on education in Nigeria “Many families cannot afford the associated costs of sending their children to school such as uniforms and textbooks” (http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/children_1937.html)

9. JUSTIFICATION AND BENEFITS

1. This project aims to reduce some of the financial burden by helping families provide school supplies for their children in preparation for the new school year.
Like Allah says:

Worship God; join nothing with Him. Be good to your parents, to relatives, to orphans, to the needy, to neighbours near and far, to travellers in need, and to your slaves. God does not like arrogant,
boastful people ( Surah 4:36)

2. This project offers the Nairaland Muslim community an opportunity to introduce Islam to people in a friendly environment and offer them free copies of the Quran.

Call [people] to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good teaching. Argue with them in the most courteous way, for your Lord knows best who has strayed from His way and who is rightly guided. (Surah 16:125)

3. The community gets the opportunity to interact with Muslims in a friendly atmosphere and dispel common misconceptions.

10. PROJECT DESCRIPTION / MAIN COMPONENTS

This is a collaborative project by Nairaland Muslims aimed at helping students in poor communities with school supplies for the new school year. Supplies such as school bags, exercise books and writing materials are given to students for the new school year.

11. PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATION

I. Planning Committee – Tbaba1234, Sino, Jarus

ii. Finance Committee – Jarus,

iii. Implementation Committee- (would be selected as we progress)

12. MONITORING AND EVALUATION

- Financial Transactions will be made public on a biweekly basis

- A financial report is given at the end of the project.

15. FINANCING REQUIREMENTS
15.1Budget
School Supply
ITEM QTY AMOUNT
1. School bag 1 N450
2. Math set 1 N100
3. Exercise book 10 N200
4. Pen 1 N10
5. Pencil 1 N5
Total N765
X 150 pupils N114, 750

Rentals Canopy 1 N1, 500
Dozens Of chairs 2 N1, 000
Total N2, 500

Refreshments
Pack of Lacasera 10 N15,000
Pack of biscuits 4 N6,000
Total N21, 000
NB: This is based on just 150 pupils
Transportation & logistics N5, 000 (estimated)

Others
Banner (flex) 1 N5, 000
Flyers N5, 000

Sub Total N153, 250

Note: Each person coming to the event should come with a translated copy of the Quran if he can, in case someone requests for it.

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 4:57pm On May 03, 2013
Bag...

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 6:14pm On May 03, 2013
I endorse it grin

I think this is the right time for the creation of new thread as suggested by Mac, so that more people can participate

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Geewan(m): 10:54pm On May 03, 2013
I must have been out of Nairaland for quite sometime. This is very laudable.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 2:50pm On May 04, 2013
The plan is quite good. It looks simple and achieveable.

Let me know what you require as per thread creation and promotion. I suggest that you give this project a simple acronym we can all remember.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:55pm On May 04, 2013
B2S ... hehe...

The next step is to present it to the group and set up a finance commitee that oversees contributions.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On May 04, 2013
I suggest Jarus and Ifyalways make up the finance committee, well known and trusted.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 04, 2013
Just checking development....

Still in...
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 6:24pm On May 04, 2013
tbaba1234: I suggest Jarus and Ifyalways make up the finance committee, well known and trusted.

Good idea.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by dominique(f): 8:11pm On May 04, 2013
@Tbaba, Have you selected the school(s) that will be benefiting from this project? I will seriously like us to look into a scholarship program in future. May Allah see us through.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On May 04, 2013
The plan is not for a particular school but a community, let's make this a success first. A scholarship scheme is an excellent idea.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by DisGuy: 8:39pm On May 04, 2013
wow nobody told me about this

brb

i've been highly critical of muslims associations in nigeria esp when one compares them to others
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by kemiola89(f): 10:18am On May 05, 2013
Wow! This is a very good development. @Tbaba, you've really done a good job, may Allah reward your effort. But i think the Location should also be specified.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 8:28am On May 12, 2013
Am actually just awre of this.Tis is a beautiful project,may Allah make it easy,Amin. So,how what should be our individual roles to make it successful?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by busar(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2013
This is a good idea.May Allah make it a success.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 10:29pm On May 12, 2013
maclatunji:

Good idea.

Can you bring ifyalways attention to this thread?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 11:44pm On May 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

Can you bring ifyalways attention to this thread?

I can but so can you. I think it is better if you do so, make contact with her here https://www.nairaland.com/ifyalways
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 10:03pm On May 13, 2013
maclatunji:

I can but so can you. I think it is better if you do so, make contact with her here https://www.nairaland.com/ifyalways

Why is it better if i do so? I don't get it... It is just to bring her attention here and it is easier for you to do....

Even if i follow her, she has to follow back for me to send a message.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by ifyalways(f): 11:04pm On May 13, 2013
Interesting.I'm following.
There is neither any might nor power except with God.

1 Like

Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 11:19pm On May 13, 2013
^Thanks!!
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 9:25am On May 14, 2013
tbaba1234:

Why is it better if i do so? I don't get it... It is just to bring her attention here and it is easier for you to do....

Even if i follow her, she has to follow back for me to send a message.

ifyalways: Interesting.I'm following.
There is neither any might nor power except with God.

Sorted. smiley
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by deols(f): 2:05pm On May 17, 2013
how far smiley
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2013
Update?
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ifyalways is tied down with the tehn stuff but she promises to be of assistance if needed. I have written the proposal, It is time for the community to make it happen.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by DisGuy: 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
I Think we are going with you as the implementor as we as contributors/support cheesy
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by siddiq202(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
I think it's time for the finance committee to open a bank account.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 4:47am On Jun 11, 2013
Dis Guy: I Think we are going with you as the implementor as we as contributors/support cheesy

I brought a suggestion and wrote a proposal already, the rest is to raise funds and implement. This can work if a few people are passionate about this. I can't make people passionate.

If i wanted to be the 'implementor', i would do something in private.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by maclatunji: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

I brought a suggestion and wrote a proposal already, the rest is to raise funds and implement. This can work if a few people are passionate about this. I can't make people passionate.

1st lesson: It is not easy to organise prople.

2nd lesson: It is not easy to organise prople.

3rd lesson: It is not easy to organise prople.

Now, go forth and organise people.
Re: A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims by DisGuy: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

#

I think few or even many people will be passionate enough to donate funds but for logistics many people cant volunteer to implement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How A Western Muslim Left Islam / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.