Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi (22601 Views)

Here Comes The Bride... With The Most Awful Wedding Dress / A Wedding Dress Made Out Of Condoms (Photo) / Ladies, Can You Rock This Dress By Coco Austin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Beync(f): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mine is cuter than that
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by sunnshyn(f): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ejiné: The dress is nice, but the setting of the pictures reek of the "wannabe" mentality.

Posing in a European-styled house, in a country outside home, in a setting that doesn't contain a single element representing your African roots... With Indian hair extensions.

I swear, Africans want to be everything BUT African.

In all... I think the picture reeks of a cultural inferiority complex.

Bia Ejine, what would you have referred? that she goes off to her great-grand fathers house, poses in the middle of the living room with the man's rickety bicycle standing in a corner with her hair in "didi"?

For Pete's sake dude we talking Tuface's wife! One of Nigeria's most talented artiste, not forgetting Annie too is an actress.

Btw sef, what's so "wannabe" about the setting? take several seats ojare make i hear word!
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Francheezy(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
(Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi)

abeg who b ANNIE
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Demdem(m): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Someone told me only virgins are meant to wear white. On that basis, she has no business wearing such. undecided

1 Like

Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by hehehedotcom(m): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
whatz all this 2face this' annie that everywia.... wana ooh

Anywell I blame Gej for all this things.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
Akshow: guy park well well abeg. Your criticism would have made sense if this is the only weddin they did. They had a trad marriage for cryin out loud! You want her to wear George or ibibio beads on the weddin gown jus to prove African ni? Free the girl Abi. She don do trado for her village i no know Wetin you want make she do again to prove she is African.
Exactly. They did their traditional wedding so I don't know what the hell he's talking about.

Being African is much more than dressing..

1 Like

Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by ammyluv2002(f): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
confetti: Pls this is not Annie's dress. her dress has a silver band in front. Where is this picture from?
thank you jare, you really have good eyes
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by cfours: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
ItsModella:
Exactly. They did their traditional wedding so I don't know what the hell he's talking about.

LOL that post was just too comical for me to respond to it. grin
and the worst thing is that people (esp. males) who talk like that are usually the worst HYPOCRITES.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
c.fours:

and the worst thing is that people (esp. males) who talk like that are usually the worst HYPOCRITES.
I'm telling you. I wonder if they put on African clothes everyday, or eat African food everyday, or listen to African music everyday.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
meh.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
(ROLLS EYES) PLEASE IS THERE NUTHING MORE INTERESTING THAN ANNE IDIBIA?
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Ifetex(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
NA MADE IN ABA ? tongue[color=#000099][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Ifetex(m): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
NA MADE IN ABA ? tongue
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Kizuba: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
why? i thought white was for virginity?
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Ejine(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
Akshow: guy park well well abeg. Your criticism would have made sense if this is the only weddin they did. They had a trad marriage for cryin out loud! You want her to wear George or ibibio beads on the weddin gown jus to prove African ni? Free the girl Abi. She don do trado for her village i no know Wetin you want make she do again to prove she is African.

sunnshyn:

Bia Ejine, what would you have referred? that she goes off to her great-grand fathers house, poses in the middle of the living room with the man's rickety bicycle standing in a corner with her hair in "didi"?

For Pete's sake dude we talking Tuface's wife! One of Nigeria's most talented artiste, not forgetting Annie too is an actress.

Btw sef, what's so "wannabe" about the setting? take several seats ojare make i hear word!

ItsModella:

First of all, let me clarify my points before I am misquoted...

Akshow, you talk about her traditional wedding? Let me ask you - was that a personal decision of hers? NO.

Customs already made it imperative that her traditional wedding should take place, and it should happen at her father's house, so I fail to see what makes you think she should be given a standing ovation over a happening that wasn't of her making or choice. Whether she liked it or not, her traditional wedding was meant to take place, so do not make the mistake of ascribing that to Mrs. Idibia.

In the area they DID have a choice, where was it held? Dubai.
Cool, cool. I don't have a problem with this. Not at all... But what I find ultimately funny is how they picked to take this to a country wey dem no sabi, nobody sabi dem and nobody send them. The venue and setting of the traditional wedding was not a choice of theirs, but the venue of the white one certainly was.

It makes me wonder how many European-based Europeans are rushing to Africa or even any country that shares no cultural similarities with theirs, to hold their wedding ceremonies. Ask yourselves this question.

How many Asian-based Asians have you seen going to England to hold their weddings?

How many Indian-based Indians don touch down for Africa to hold their weddings?

Or American-based Americans, how many of them don travel to Asia to hold weddings? ZERO!

This phenomenon is only present in the African psyche where people see nothing weird in a Nigerian-based Nollywood actress like Stephanie Okereke (who has had NO PRIOR LINKS to anything French) moving to Paris to hold her wedding... And Africans actually accept this because in their minds they believe this is normal.

Africans are the only ones programmed with this deep cultural inferiority complex with is a sad, sad commentary on the state of things.

This wasn't a vacation... It was a PHUCKING WEDDING, and you all think this is actually acceptable.

Michelle Obama (American)

Now, Annie Idibia (African)

Here, you have dear Annie posing with hair that isn't even hers, in a cultural setting that she isn't and will never be a part of, and you actually think this is cool.

I guess Nigeria just plain lacked the sights that could be used in a wedding.

Explains why music videos continue to be shot in South Africa, even if the scenes are behind closed doors.

Really funny.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by naija2(f): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ejiné: The dress is nice, but the setting of the pictures reek of the "wannabe" mentality.

Posing in a European-styled house, in a country outside home, in a setting that doesn't contain a single element representing your African roots... With Indian hair extensions

I swear, Africans want to be everything BUT African.

In all... I think the picture reeks of a cultural inferiority complex.
U Were asked to comment on the Dress, not the picture setting

1 Like

Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Ejine(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
ItsModella:

Oh, and Modella... I wasn't essentially talking about the dressing, but the blatant copying of the European culture in that picture's picture's setting.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Ejine(m): 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
c.fours:

First of all dude, stop Simping... It will get you no nookie grin

Secondly, it was essentially the setting I was commenting on, not the dress. Did you not see me say the dress was nice?
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Mariojane(f): 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Why do ladies Dis days make sleeveless gowns?there re gowns dt hv sleeves dt re very lovely.i dont see anytin special in dis dress
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by 32D: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
MAKE I SEE AS THE DRESS BE ON ANNIE FIRST
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Rocktation(f): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
All these deceitful wedding dresses. Very beautiful in show glasses and pics. She's like one sun beam on a cloudy day, right now. In real time, it'd take the pope to convince you that it's thesame as what you see here...when that tail will refuse to stay flared like that and be more of a nuisance, than what the designer anticipated.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by pweetyface(f): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
c.fours:
boring.

seriously though. I think this wedding is way over-hyped. She already has kids, the husband she's marrying has like 6 kids from 6 different women lipsrsealed Na by force to have elaborate white wedding? What's the whole point of this charade.
Is all this hype supposed to make her feel vindicated or what?
is she d one hyping it or u guys?have u seen any post or comment by her or even 2face?

3 Likes

Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by pweetyface(f): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
c.fours:
boring.

seriously though. I think this wedding is way over-hyped. She already has kids, the husband she's marrying has like 6 kids from 6 different women lipsrsealed Na by force to have elaborate white wedding? What's the whole point of this charade.
Is all this hype supposed to make her feel vindicated or what?
is she d one hyping it or u guys?have u seen any post or comment by her or even 2face?BTW dats nt her gown or even her in d pics
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by susay2006: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Becacia_Barbie: Its okay, bt i xpected something fitted.
if this is not fitted, then something is wrong with d way u judge things
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by susay2006: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
babseg: see how girls just dey comment here. they like weddings but they dont really know how to manage the marriage sad

are girls to manage marriage or to enjoy marriage? See ur mouth! Even if its about 'managing' as u call it, its to be done by botth: d husband nd wife
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by SlimOfy(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
I don't think this Ȋ̝̊̅§ Annie's gown.... It's very different from the one she wore when she stood with Tuface... Check this out for urselves

Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by babseg(m): 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
susay2006:
are girls to manage marriage or to enjoy marriage? See ur mouth! Even if its about 'managing' as u call it, its to be done by botth: d husband nd wife

If u cant manage it how do u enjoy it also how u take c my mouth, i dey use my fingers to type. the woman owns the marriage
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
ItsModella:
that was just a rumor..
ohh okay
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by cfours: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
pweetyface: is she d one hyping it or u guys?have u seen any post or comment by her or even 2face?

She has been commenting non stop n doing photoshoots/interviews in magazines for the past few months now. Besides, how can you say they are not hyping when they invite all the nollywood stars to dubai for wedding. It's very obvious that she wants publicity. nothing wrong with that. it's her life.

remember she married 2face in early 2012 in a small ceremony with family and friends. According to a news article I read from that time, they were planning an even more elaborate second wedding ceremony that they claim would be the biggest "wedding of the year."

so far, the pics i've seen haven't lived up to that hype.esp for the money+publicity spent on it.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by cfours: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
quote author=Ejine

LOL you have issues.
granted they over did the wedding (considering 2 face baba already has 6kids by 4 baby-mamas) but there is nothing wrong with what they did culture-wise. tons of rich white folks wed in Africa and other 'exotic' places all the time.

plain traditional culture really is something that's mostly a preserve of lower middle and esp. lower class folks. mostly because they have no other choice.ie they lack resources to connect them or enable aspiration towards a western lifestyle.

at the end of the day, there is still a uniqueness to the african/western cultural blend.
if u wanna be pure african, move to the village and stop typing/speaking in english.
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by Itoroetti(m): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
dis is wat d spend 1.7million for?d same family where annie cums frm and d village where she cums frm,d are many hungry kids dat doesnt have hope for d next meal.but here sum1 spendng such money on a dress she'l wear for just 3hrs atmost.God deh!
Re: Annie's Wedding Dress By Timi Ejiwunmi by susay2006: 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
babseg:

If u cant manage it how do u enjoy it also how u take c my mouth, i dey use my fingers to type. the woman owns the marriage
Worefa! 'Manage' shldnt av bn d word. I imagined how ur mouth wld luk like if i see u say all dat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Year Old Queen Onyemaechi Is Nigeria's Next Supermodel 2014 [pictures} / How Do I Identify Good Senator Material? / Women And Braids ..is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.