Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc (30468 Views)

Pls Help How Can I Put Picture Of A Celebrant On Cake / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking / How To Make A Fondant Icing On Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 5:19am On May 27, 2013
@taryour I don't present speeches for weddiing ccakes again unless the wedding cake is for couple I know one on one.if u have 3 wedding cakes †✽ deliver on a saturday how will u be at d 3places.
Most times in presenting a wedding cake u use the colors on the cake †✽ start.like what each color stands for whiite for peace,green for fruitfulness,gold for riches etcc.
Let's say a green n white cake u start by saying the white color on this cake symbolises peace,the peace that this ccouple will forever enjoy in dre union,the green color is for frutfulness blabla. U cn google meaning of colors in respect †✽ wedding.
Pls dreams,yomibabe etc assist pls
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by taryour(f): 9:21pm On May 27, 2013
bece: @taryour I don't present speeches for weddiing ccakes again unless the wedding cake is for couple I know one on one.if u have 3 wedding cakes †✽ deliver on a saturday how will u be at d 3places.
Most times in presenting a wedding cake u use the colors on the cake †✽ start.like what each color stands for whiite for peace,green for fruitfulness,gold for riches etcc.
Let's say a green n white cake u start by saying the white color on this cake symbolises peace,the peace that this ccouple will forever enjoy in dre union,the green color is for frutfulness blabla. U cn google meaning of colors in respect †✽ wedding.
Pls dreams,yomibabe etc assist pls

Thank you so so much,very kind of you. Really apreciate it,God bless you and all yours. This info you gave me will sure go a long way. Thanks once again.
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 10:21am On May 28, 2013
Abuja cake decorator let's take the stress of u.Cake toppers,cartoon xter cake toppers,flowers,bride n groom toppers(traditional and english wear) now availabe. 08159533342,28574d4e
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by degurl(f): 1:02pm On May 29, 2013
bece: Always chill ur cake before u deccorate it seal the crumbs together and helps keep ur cake moist.

Thanks for this tip.
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
JOESKEM catering school(govt approved) opens in abuja fct
We offer diploma in
Catering
Event planning and management
Event decoration
Hse 131 34 crescent gwarinpa estateabuja
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by taryour(f): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
bece: JOESKEM catering school(govt approved) opens in abuja fct
We offer diploma in
Catering
Event planning and management
Event decoration
Hse 131 34 crescent gwarinpa estateabuja

Good day madam bece, pls I urgently need ur help as am so devastated n broken right now,I really can't explain wot I did wrong or how it went bad. All of a sudden a client called to complaing her wedding cake tasted spoilt just 3days after her wedding. This as never happened to me before. Pls ma what to do u think I did wrong? Tnx as I await your response
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by ibizgirl(f): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
1st thing you need to tell us - what kind of cake was it? If it was a fruit cake I think the cake wasn't properly done/baked.

taryour:

Good day madam bece, pls I urgently need ur help as am so devastated n broken right now,I really can't explain wot I did wrong or how it went bad. All of a sudden a client called to complaing her wedding cake tasted spoilt just 3days after her wedding. This as never happened to me before. Pls ma what to do u think I did wrong? Tnx as I await your response
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by taryour(f): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
ibizgirl: 1st thing you need to tell us - what kind of cake was it? If it was a fruit cake I think the cake wasn't properly done/baked.

Yes ib it was a fruit cake. Thanks for ur reply.you could be right abt it not properly baked but is that the only that can cause a wedding cake to go bad so soon? Really apreciate ur response
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by ibizgirl(f): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
For a fruit cake to go bad so soon that is the most obvious reason to me. Fruits cake can stay on the shelf as long as 3months(ie with refridgerator) and can last as long as one year when refridgerated. Also its advisable you base you wedding cakes with jam instead of buttercream cause with buttercream the shelf life is reduced. But I doubt it cause your cake to go bad in 3 days.

taryour:

Yes ib it was a fruit cake. Thanks for ur reply.you could be right abt it not properly baked but is that the only that can cause a wedding cake to go bad so soon? Really apreciate ur response
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 5:48am On Jun 15, 2013
@taryour ibzgirl has told u the obvious reasons why ur cake got spoilt. Another thing make sure ur cakes are cold before covering them,make sure ur cake board,ur work surface ur knifes etc are sterilized before use. Most times I use edible spirit or alchol †✽ clean my stuffs when I want †✽ start decorating.
†✽ pacify the customer try bake another small cake for her maybe a 12inch or 14.
Shit happens in ds business at times but ur ability †✽ pacify and regain a customer's trust makes u go a long way. Apologise well †✽ d client n don't let that demoralize u dear.

1 Like

Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by taryour(f): 8:30am On Jun 15, 2013
@bece n @ib you are both awesome and have both made me happy and relieved,God bless you real big. And yet madam bece I immediately baked a 2 tier cake of 12" n 8" in replacement of the spoilt one. I realy aprecaite your responses and henceforth. I will start using jam to base my cake,though I tried it twice by melting the jam befor applying and it looked like the jam disappeared into d cake as I spread on d cake so I felt it wunt hold d fondant. Next time I wunt melt the jam or what do u think?

Would also want to confirm which is best used in wedding cakes,evaporated milk or powdered milk? Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2013
@taryour u are welome and pls cut the madam o am a sweet sixteen o smiley . For the traditional fruitcake I don't use milk for my fruit cakes I use juice as my liquid I use orange juice most times.

2 Likes

Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by chosenpraise(f): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
nisot23: Please people,whats the best way to present an undecorated/uniced plain cake?

ΰ can arrange cherries on it
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by PrettyCindy(f): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2013
bece: @taryour u are welome and pls cut the madam o am a sweet sixteen o smiley . For the traditional fruitcake I don't use milk for my fruit cakes I use juice as my liquid I use orange juice most times.

Please kindly give a standard recipe for fruitcake and the baking procedure.
What do you use the juice for?
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pls bece i need cup recipe for fruit n sponge cake wit moderate sugar, tnx. Also can i use magarine in place of butter, or not use them at all to bake?
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
@cocospice yes u can use margrine most times we use margarine †✽ bake in naija and not butter. U can use brand like topper,rhoda etc. What do u mean by cup measurement? Measuring cup?
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=bece]@cocospice yes u can use margrine most times we use margarine †✽ bake in naija and not butter. U can use brand like topper,rhoda etc. What do u mean by cup measurement? Measuring cup?[/quote
yea, eg: 1cup of flour, etc.
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
Abuja people Here is the opportunity Ʊ have been waiting for from CAKE DIVA@taste of heaven
Learn how †✽ make 6types of smallchops,4cocktails,2mocktail ,2types of cookies and 4pastries just for N10,000 yes N10k just for 25people
Date : saturday august 17th 2013
Time: 9am †✽ 5pm
Light refreshment wIll be made at the venue
Venue: 3rd avenue gwarinpa estate
For more info 08023175586,0815953334 228574D4E
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by dimplecakes(f): 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
To the great bakers in the house.........I need ur help?

Using measuring scale and measuring cups.

500g of flour is equivalent to how many cup

300g of sugar is equivalent to how many cups??

Thanks as I awAits ur response.
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by Meddler(f): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
http://www.traditionaloven.com/conversions_of_measures/butter_converter.html

Visit the above link if you have access to the internet. this would answer ure question
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by HURMORTULA(f): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hello...
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by igbi: 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
hi,want to decorate a cake with foudant icing,what can i rub on the cake before icing
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 6:36am On Aug 20, 2013
@igbi u need buttercream †✽ dirty ice first but if its fruit cake u use jam
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by igbi: 8:29am On Aug 20, 2013
thanks at bece,is the butter creame same as butter icing...
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by ibizgirl(f): 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sure butter icing is the same as butter cream

igbi: thanks at bece,is the butter creame same as butter icing...
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2013
hiii,when it comes to wedding cakes,i have 2 crazy issues..
Transporting it to the venue...this is my main issue..we'll discuss the second issue later smiley
I need helpppppppp
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by ibizgirl(f): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2013
Are you a cake baker living in and around Ketu-Ikosi and you are interested in learning how to make your own cake boxes and how you can have your cake boxes personalised then you need to attend this:

1 day intensive training on cake box making by Sazzy's Place

Training fee N5,000 inclusive of materials and lunch.

For deatils call Osazee on 08020947894
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by Honiepie24: 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hi ladies hope am welkom,@ dream i really love the recipe,hope to try it over d weekend.wud hv bn nice if yu led me tru step by step as i bake,@bece i love ur proffessionalism,yu ve got so much confidence in baking.nice thread,happi to see yu @dreams,my personal person.cheerz
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by ogaronye(f): 2:31am On Nov 10, 2013
very good thread
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by UmAnas: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
enatasha: How many eggs do I need in one cup (peak milk tin) of flour? For sponge cake please!
Four eggs to a cup of flour
Re: Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc by bece: 5:08am On Nov 16, 2013
@natasha for a cup of cake flour u need 6eggs. A standard measuring cup is around 112grams

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Post For Nigerians Who Love Food, By Nigerians Who Love Food(pictures) / Efirin/scented Leaf Soup / Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.