Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! (715 Views)

Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse / Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! by Rossikk(m): 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
So, according to the book given my people by oyinbos as ''the word of God'', a certain man named Abraham once sat in his tent, and looked out and saw three men walking up to his tent for a meal, one of those men being....wait for this..... no less than GOD HIMSELF. The Creator of all life and all the universes and multiverses.

Kai.... Africa man. How long will they continue to pull you by the nose??

The 'STORY':

And the Lord appeared to [Abraham] by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men stood in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the earth, and said, "My lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant. Let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree, while I fetch a morsel of bread, that you may refresh yourselves, and after that you may pass on -- since you have come to your servant." So they said, "Do as you have said."

And Abraham hastened into the tent to Sarah, and said, "Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes." And Abraham ran to the herd, and took a calf, tender and good, and gave it to the servant, who hastened to prepare it. Then he took curds, and milk, and the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree while they ate. (Genesis 18:1-8 RSV)
Re: You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
It is obvious that you lack the cultural, contextual and spiritual meaning to correctly decipher the story just mentioned.

Ranting off on a story , to which you lack the correct perspective is quite honestly presumptuous and mischievous.

God in past times sent people in his name and it was as if God himself was present.

For example when Jesus Christ was on earth, he represented God the Father and we called him Emmanuel meaning God with us, but he was not actually God the Father.

Consider this verse :

"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him." - Exodus 23:20-21

In this case the angel was not God , but his presence was as if God himself was present.

When you take the time to study ancient Jewish culture you will begin to understand these figures of speech.

1 Like

Re: You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! by Rossikk(m): 10:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel: It is obvious that you lack the cultural, contextual and spiritual meaning to correctly decipher the story just mentioned.

Ranting off on a story , to which you lack the correct perspective is quite honestly presumptuous and mischievous.

God in past times sent people in his name and it was as if God himself was present.

Do you have any proof of this? Did God only send people to the middle east and Europe?

For example when Jesus Christ was on earth he represented God the Father and we called him Emmanuel meaning God with us, but he was not actually God the Father.

What proof do you have that ''Jesus Christ was on earth''?

Consider this verse :

"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him." - Exodus 23:20-21

In this case the angel was not God , but his presence was as if God himself was present.

Tenuous and unconvincing! The whole bible might as well be about those ''angels'' appearing ''in the name of God'' (ie the Jewish god).

How do we know which is the real God or an ''angel'' CLAIMING TO BE from ''God''?
Re: You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
^^^ I won't bother with further talk, not worth it to be honest.

Your problem and the likes of you , seems to be the white man.

In other words , you have a chip on your shoulder and find it difficult to shake off.

Jesus was not a white man, if that makes you happy, he was a Jew.

And yes he was, is and forevermore will be real whether you like it or not.
Re: You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! by Rossikk(m): 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel: ^^^ I won't bother with further talk, not worth it to be honest.

Your problem and the likes of you, seems to be the white man.

In other words , you have a chip on your shoulder and find it difficult to shake off.

Erm.. I think being a seeker of truth (with evidence) is a better description of yours truly. Truly if there was real evidence of all this magical stuff you're propagating, no one would have a problem with it, regardless of the colour of those involved.

Jesus was not a white man, if that makes you happy, he was a Jew.
Where is your proof of the existence of Jesus Christ on this earth?

And yes he was, is and forevermore will be real whether you like it or not.

As a fictional character drawn from myth, of course he's real. Hercules, Spiderman, Santa Claus and Superman are also real to children.

(1) (Reply)

Night Of Supernatural Deliverance @ DLCC / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 23rd April Virginity And Timing By Pastor E. / Your 2014 Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.