Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online (164030 Views)

Nigerian Air Force DSSC 25/26 Aspirants 2015 / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC 22) Passing-out Parade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by quitobytetech: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2013
On the contrary, the pay isn't bad at all.

DSSC will graduate you a full lieutenant with a pay around and above 150K. Its also for professional courses and is very competitive.

SSC will graduate you with 2nd lieutenant(rank before lieutenant) and pay around 130K. Its for any degree and less competitive as available slots are more than those for DSSC.

Yes, there is risk of being posted to conflict areas. Every job has risks.

True, military jobs should not desired because of lack of a job. Usually these ones are the ones who end up spoiling the respective forces.

The standard of discipline keeps falling because most successfull candidates knew one general or senator etc. and not because its their first love.

Finally, if you don't know any highly placed person, pray to "your God". Trust me, some still make it without knowing anyone.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by flow1759: 11:51am On Mar 25, 2013
greggng: the website given is not working . i hope this is not another scam....please try the site before you buy the pin

its no scam, its legit, i have opened the page.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by bluebarz(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2013
greggng: the website given is not working . i hope this is not another scam....please try the site before you buy the pin

The site is working very well o jare.
www.nigerianarmyms.org
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by neyosea25(m): 11:56am On Mar 25, 2013
I saw geology there can a graduate of applied geophysics apply since they are related?
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Unwara(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
What's the fate of batch b Corp members currently serving?
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Okijajuju1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Isnt there an age restriction?!
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Eboski(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
The site not opening, but the fear of boko haram is the beginning of why I want 2 join the nigeria Army,war war war,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when I join pls GEJ don't grant dem amnesty......
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by neyosea25(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
I saw geology there can someone with applied geophysics apply since they are related?
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by claremont(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
A "Oga-at-the-top" infested recruitment process!
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Eboski(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
flow1759:

its no scam, its legit, i have opened the page.
the site still not opening,what's the problem?
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by TechRev: 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Direct Short Service
DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COURSE (DSSC)

The DSSC is a 9 month intensive military training for professionals drawn from various disciplines to serve as officers in the non combat services of the Army, Navy and the Air Force.
Entry Qualification for the DSSC

The entry qualifications for the DSSC are as follows:

(a) Be a Nigerian as defined in the Const itution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(b) Be male or female between the ages of 22 to 35 years for both serving personnel and civilians.

(c) Be medically and physically fit.

(d) Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.

(e) Must not have been convicted by any court of law.

(f) Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit.

(g) Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.

(h) Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training

(i) Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.

(j) Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.

(k) Recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant's character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
Vacancies

The Direct Short Service Course has an annual intake of 100 cadets per Service, totaling 300 cadets for a course. There is provision to increase the number whenever there is a need.
Assembly Date

The DSSC normally assembles in mid July of every year.

http://www.nda.edu.ng/content.php?pid=22
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by ndeepurity(m): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
bluebarz: The online application for DSSC and SSC will commence on Monday March 25th 2013.

Applicants are to obtain application forms from

a. All applications are to be made online. Application Fee is N2,500.00.

b. To apply:

(1) Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Ecobank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier with effect from the announced date.

(2) Logon to www.nigerianarmyms.org

(3) Select Direct Short Service Commission.

(4) Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.

(5) Login to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.

c. Print Out. Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application.

Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-cards to the selection board during interview.

CLOSING DATE

All applications must be submitted not later than the stipulated date LATEST NEWS [VIEW ALL]

The online application for DSSC and SSC will commence on Monday March 25th 2013.

please I'll like to know the closing date cos I'll need to collect my NYSC cert june. I wanna know if it'll be late den or if der'll be provision for awaiting cert.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by drealnamdy(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
Guys...I hav bein to several ecobank branches here in wuse abuja but to no avail....they don't seem to hav it...which branch can I get dis ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by penzino(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
E be like say we wey dey finish for june na I'm plenty pass oooo, how we go come do now Abeg wetin be d closing date
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by femo86(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
princemaicheal: Who are the once that can apply for DSSC?

Gbagaun.....once.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by quitobytetech: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
drealnamdy: Guys...I hav bein to several ecobank branches here in wuse abuja but to no avail....they don't seem to hav it...which branch can I get dis ?
Things aren't always perfectly done with the Army, just wait a few days and you should get d pin in a major branch; you might start with a branch near army headquarters.

Eboski: the site still not opening,what's the problem?
The site is possibly still being updated so chill, or try it at early hours.
Your connection may also be responsible, possibly too slow.

neyosea25: I saw geology there can someone with applied geophysics apply since they are related?
Yes, apply for both but your best chances are with SSC.

Note:
DSSC is 6 months training
SSC is 9 months training
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by quitobytetech: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
femo86:

Gbagaun.....once.

LOL
Easy on d fella
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by quitobytetech: 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Typically closes end of april or 1st or 2nd week of may. Sorry, you'll have to wait till next yr
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by skullz: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Eboski: The site not opening, but the fear of boko haram is the beginning of why I want 2 join the nigeria Army,war war war,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when I join pls GEJ don't grant dem amnesty......
hmmmm.....it is not by shouting war on NL. Hope ur mind can carry ur entire body if at all u enter real combat.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by sunnyprof: 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
Many people are complaining of the training, the proccess etc are tough but when you see the Millitary officers you respect them, you envy them !!! I wonder why people think that the things they always desire must come too easy.

Well i remember always that 'GOOD THINGS DON'T COME CHEAP' and GOLD would only be known after passing through fire. so better know how to see a future fruit even in the midst of the mir it must first fall.

If you want to apply, for any reason you may have, just apply. Make sure you achieve that goal, then it won't matter what you heard before.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by mkoabiola: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
quitobyte_tech:
Things aren't always perfectly done with the Army, just wait a few days and you should get d pin in a major branch; you might start with a branch near army headquarters.

The site is possibly still being updated so chill, or try it at early hours.
Your connection may also be responsible, possibly too slow.

Yes, apply for both but your best chances are with SSC.

Note:
DSSC is 6 months training
SSC is 9 months training
It is not possible to apply for both.
Dat is authomatic dsqualification.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Amaso99(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
WAR..................... I need BH boys blood.......
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by ekiyor3: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
please someone should help me with a reliable EcoBank branch in Lagos that i can get the Pin from, becos i have been to several branches all to no avail. please help a brother. Army is "first come, first serve". preferable Mile2 to Badagry. thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by idris4r83(m): 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
Idi Amin: More xtians shuld be recruitd 2 fight dos muslim ediots. I dnt trust muslim soldiers a bit.
Is that what your religion taught you? U b proper otondo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Ezniteadin(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
They want to rip job seeker off again. they have a space for 200 people, yet they will sell the form for 50 million and pocket the money without coscience. even Nigeria as a Country under Jonathan is a hacker . why collect money when you are employing people to come and die?
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by Emusan(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
I saw a job advert on nairaland three days ago by the time I open it and see people comment "this is a scam" and the Op didn't deny it (I mean he/she didn't say anything about it) this would be the third time. So how can someone know a true job advert on niaraland?

Again if someone want to apply online I mean sending CV to e-mail under subject & message is it necssary to put anything or just send the CV only?
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by ecosanders: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
me_for_you: The training is very rigorous. My cousin told me his experience of last year when he went. They start with medical where they drop a lot of people. Then endless timed running where a whole lot collapse and some die. After the whole thing, he made it to the board, but only 4 were taken from imo state. And he wasn't among. Because u have to be related to a General
You r rite, i was also there last year, maj d last 10 frm ma state,bt couldnt mak it pass d medicals, if u dnt hav any strng person just 4get it. The running is 3.5km in 18minutes

Bt d advert on d site reads 2012, cn any1 confirm pls.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by ekiyor3: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
ecosanders: You r rite, i was also there last year, maj d last 10 frm ma state,bt couldnt mak it pass d medicals, if u dnt hav any strng person just 4get it. The running is 3.5km in 18minutes

Bt d advert on d site reads 2012, cn any1 confirm pls.
guy it is 2013 ooooooooooooooooooo, boldly written on their site. abeg help me with where buy the pin in lagos. thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online by UnimkeAk(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Fadelex:
U'r wrong... dssc is for those that studied professional related courses e.g law, architecture, music, building, nursing, medicine and so on while ssc is 4 other non-professional courses.... Dssc will be trained for 6mnths and will be given lieutenant (2 star) while ssc will be trained for 9mnths and will be given 2nd lieutenant (1 star)...both will serve for 10yrs bt can be converted to regular combatants depending on vacancy available... Goodluck guys...remember its 15 per state...on my way to ecobank

You no include Engineering, you go put music

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Oil Workers Zone. / CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.