Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Assad Dead? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Assad Dead? (2714 Views)

Assad Makes Surprise Christmas Visit To Church(pix) / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2013
I just got this from an unverifiable source.

Assad is believed either critically injured or dead by an attack from one of his body guards.

Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 25, 2013
Source pls
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 25, 2013
JideJamez: Source pls

I am requesting info not spewing it.
Re: Assad Dead? by mike404(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2013
OK_2_NV:

I am requesting info not spewing it.
its gonna be a welcome development if what I'm hearing is true
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 25, 2013
mike404:
its gonna be a welcome development if what I'm hearing is true

I wish he is still alive so all the arabs can kill more of each other
Re: Assad Dead? by LaurenRampton: 8:36am On Mar 25, 2013
I think it's time for a sub-Saharan African spring.
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 25, 2013
LaurenRampton: I think it's time for a sub-Sahara Africa spring.

Your problem is not leadership like in the Arab world but your society in general.
Re: Assad Dead? by LaurenRampton: 8:39am On Mar 25, 2013
OK_2_NV:

Your problem is not leadership like in the Arab world but your society in general.

I'd have to disagree. The amount of corruption is ridiculous and the leaders are barely competent.
Re: Assad Dead? by ochukoccna: 8:40am On Mar 25, 2013
Rumor
I doubt that
No major news station (even the pro Arab Al Jazeera) is carrying this 'news' at the moment
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2013
LaurenRampton:

I'd have to disagree. The amount of corruption is ridiculous and the leaders are barely competent.

The society tolerates what it can handle.

How many times have I heard a Nigerian boasting about knowing so and so minister or person of influence in government?

Churches also offer Contract Bonanza in their deliverance and break-through worship sessions.

You deserve what you have as these same leaders are part and parcel of your society.

A sub-set of elite criminals.
Re: Assad Dead? by ZUBY77(m): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2013
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2013
ochukoccna: Rumor
I doubt that
No major news station (even the pro Arab Al Jazeera) is carrying this 'news' at the moment

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/breaking-assad-shot-by-iranian-bodyguard-hospitalized-in-damascus/

Israel and the West will want to suppress this news naturally , since Obama is now slowly and painfully learning the mistake of supporting any popular revolt in the Arab world which would lead only to a Islamic state
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77: www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3000395/posts

If your source is true then my contact checks out just fine.

I will buy him a beer next time we meet.
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2013

Re: Assad Dead? by iykak47: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2013
It is not true
Re: Assad Dead? by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2013
JideJamez: .

Naturally, the regime will still want to maintain control even when their leader is dead.

The news of his death could lead to a power struggle or mass defection of Syrian troops. The regimes echelon will also be naturally weary of prosecution by the rebels and so will continue in their efforts to quell the rebellion.

They are neck deep in sh1t already.

Denial will serve them right.
Re: Assad Dead? by Feedmemore(f): 10:53am On Mar 25, 2013
Assad was injured in a grenade attack, i learnt it was a failed assassination plot. But not to rejoice yet, it is not Assad( the Syrian President). It is the head of the free Syrian Army, General Riad Al- Assad.
Re: Assad Dead? by azpekuliar: 11:03am On Mar 25, 2013
ochukoccna: Rumor
I doubt that

It's on Nairaland News...
Re: Assad Dead? by JeSoul(f): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2013

(1)

Afghanistan: Did Chinese Media Just Made A Dig At The US? / Ukraine Will Soon Be A Landlocked Country / Niger Military Goes On War Footing As French Jets Attacks National Guard Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.