Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed (5964 Views)

Nigerians Scoop Fuel From Fallen Petrol Tanker In Abeokuta - Pics / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Onitsha / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by olokfor: 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
Reports from Kano indicate that five persons are feared dead after two fuel laden tankers had a collision early Monday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the explosion occurred around the Bayero University Road and may have been due to break failure of oneof the tankers causing it to collide with the other.

A Kano journalist, Ismaila Dan-Muhammadu, was quoted by a news aggregator, NEWSMAN, as saying that the two tankers exploded at a military checkpoint following a break failure after being stopped by soldiers for routine checks.
“Two persons were engulfed in the inferno from the explosion with both drivers believed to have died. A kid was also knocked down by a vehicle that lost its brake due to the explosion,” the journalist, who reportedly witnessed the explosion, said.

He said emergency and security services are currently helping victims of the explosion.
Efforts to confirm the incident and casualty from emergency authorities are ongoing as thespokesperson for the National Emergency Management Agency, Yushau Shuaib, could not be reached.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/126703-five-feared-killed-from-petrol-tanker-explosion-in-kano.html

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Darlenebabe: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
unto thee oh lord we commit ourselves unto u. save us frm d danger of d earth n guide our foot steps. drivers check ur vechicle before moving ur vechicle

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by brownlord: 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
Boko haram again, why did the explosion occur close to a military check point?
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by BeautyFULL85(f): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
How can a gas tanker be put on d road with faulty brakes? Amazing tins happen in Nigeria!

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by PECO4KING(m): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
Please pray for Kano state.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by ewet: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Kano again,please spare some prayers for tht place and proper cleansing shuld be carried out and the face of the lord be sought. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Gwekzy: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
seriously I weep for Nigeria
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Burger01(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Damn!! sad
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Regiblinkz(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
What is it with kano and explosions*smh
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by born2boink(m): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Boko haram will still shout allahu hakuba on top of this explode, another dream come true without them stressing themselves
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by igbeke: 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
it tink kano state is gradually becoming an accursed place. quite un42n8, even d governor is insensitive 2 dis.
RIP 2 d dead, anyway.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Mentorbruno(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Kano again
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by abdulkayus(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
i actually happen to live along d area it happens. We all thought it was BH b4, bt later got to knw dat its an accident involvin 2 tankers. It happen close to a petrol station named Azman oil close to Han Bulo second gate. Dat BUK road happen to hav many petrol station numberin almost 15 and more are still openin.
God, na ur hand we dey. Safe guard us anywhere we are. Amin summa amin.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by abdulkayus(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
igbeke: it tink kano state is gradually becoming an accursed place. quite un42n8, even d governor is insensitive 2 dis.
RIP 2 d dead, anyway.

accursed as in hw? So cos kidnappin, robbery and ritualists happens almost all d tym in d south, will it be right if i said south is an accursed place. My guy, dey use ur no 6 very well abeg.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by bappahman: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
From my house

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by kunlej2: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
another Monday in Kano. Friday is becoming irrelevant for bad news.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Akpoistson(m): 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
[quote
author=olokfor]Reports from Kano indicate that five persons are feared
dead after two fuel laden tankers had a collision early Monday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the explosion occurred around the Bayero
University Road and may have been due to break failure of oneof the
tankers causing it to collide with the other.

A Kano journalist, Ismaila Dan-Muhammadu, was quoted by a news
aggregator, NEWSMAN, as saying that the two tankers exploded at a
military checkpoint following a break failure after being stopped by
soldiers for routine checks.
“Two persons were engulfed in the inferno from the explosion with both
drivers believed to have died. A kid was also knocked down by a vehicle
that lost its brake due to the explosion,” the journalist, who
reportedly witnessed the explosion, said.

He said emergency and security services are currently helping victims of
the explosion.
Efforts to confirm the incident and casualty from emergency authorities
are ongoing as thespokesperson for the National Emergency Management
Agency, Yushau Shuaib, could not be reached.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/126703-five-feared-killed-from-petrol-tanker-explosion-in-kano.html[/quote] rest in peace for the death
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by bestower: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Cursed indigene,cursed city,cursed state.what a shame!
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by igbeke: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
abdulkayus:

accursed as in hw? So cos kidnappin, robbery and ritualists happens almost all d tym in d south, will it be right if i said south is an accursed place. My guy, dey use ur no 6 very well abeg.
reserve dat advice 4 urself and ur insesitive governor who chose 2 play religious politics wit d lives of non muslims.
u kno wat? d way u tink is not in anyway beta.
u see, dese can't b said of my governor nor myself.
tell me, wat happens wen d blind leads d way?
btw, wat is no 6?
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by BlueMurder(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
bestower: Cursed indigene,cursed city,cursed state.what a shame!

undecided angry
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by TableLeg(m): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gwekzy: seriously I weep for Nigeria

Do you need a bucket to weep into?!
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Akpan107(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
RiKKies: Is it an accident or .......
The fuel tankers did not explode, it was only on fire... I used the road this morning... I saw hundreds of people watching as the fire figthers battled to put off the fire.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Akpan107(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
BeautyFULL85: How can a gas tanker be put on d road with faulty brakes? Amazing tins happen in Nigeria!
it was an Accident!
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Akpan107(m): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
born2fuck: Boko haram will still shout allahu hakuba on top of this explode, another dream come true without them stressing themselves
Today's incident has nothing to do with the Boko Harams... It was only an accident, an it can happen anywhere!
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Localamos(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
brownlord: Boko haram again, why did the explosion occur close to a military check point?

Because the tanker's brakes failed when the soldier at the check point stopped it for routine check...duuh!
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by blackbeau1(f): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
R.I.P. Kano just seems too explosive now for my liking
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by udatso: 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
born2fuck: Boko haram will still shout allahu hakuba on top of this explode, another dream come true without them stressing themselves
I think u think with your balls...u jst want ol bad evnt 2 b on islam, u read from d post dat it was an accident and u busy sayn nonsense
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by nd07(m): 11:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
it's lyk dt monday was progrmmed 4 evil. only prayers will exempt one frm un4sn wickedness
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by Wendyslim(f): 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Na Wah ooo if it's not kidnap it will be child molestation or rape and bombing my pple is dis not sign of endtime?
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kano, 5 Killed by hussainahlami(f): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ɣoϋ must B̶̲̥̅̊ ǡ fooool...even U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ name proved it

The Minister Of Finance- Mrs Kemi Adeosun Was Actually Corect / Buhari’s Anti-graft Policy, Marred By Double-standard - PDP / The Richest Man Ever In The World Was African