Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

$1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana (10522 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by Enogoyes: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nigeria International students association (ISA) members in Ghana have rejoiced greatly because of the good news.The Nigerian High commissioner to Ghana Ambassador Ademola Oluseyi Onafonoka recently visited Kumasi, while he was there he met with the Nigerian Students studying at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).

As a seasoned educated diplomat and father of Nigerians in Ghana, he decided to motivate them to perform their best in school with an incentive. He has reiterated that same promise, to prove that his commitment to education is unwavering.

In his office the high commissioner received a young student representative of ISA named Wisdom Obi for an interview. During one of the questions especially the one touching on the $1000.00, he emphasized that “any Nigerian student who graduates with a 1st class from KNUST will be given $1000.00″.
Source: http://enogoyesgh..com/2013/03/nigerian-students-in-ghana-to-get.html

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by hustla242: 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nigeria give nothing even if you reach the moon.... well done Ghana!

1 Like

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by JahMan1: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
You moved it to front page without a response?
Why do you ignore my posts then?
I thought front page is baed on traffic in a post.
1st to comment?
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by tellwsdom: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
peanut undecided

1 Like

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by StFrank2(m): 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Lolz just $1k? E small o
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by dnawah(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ok na!
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by bodescous: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nice and good development.....MTN MTN MTN...How many times did I call you?You caused me my first position to comment...Well,still dancing Alingo inside my car.
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by timpaker(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
Is the $1k for recharge card?

Haba! the money is too small for a first class graduate, why not offer a scholarship for the concerned/targeted graduate to pursue a Masters degree into any university of his/her choice.

ehm.. nice try though

1 Like

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by amebotweetblog: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
ik dollars i small jor!
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by ejikemedevinci: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
See as all these yahoo boys dey size d moni sha grin
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by SimonSniper(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wow that's a lot of NOTHING ... undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
St.Frank:
Lolz just $1k? E small o

how much we country dey pay them undecided undecided
to get job sef na wahala talk more of dash

1 Like

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by Rocktation(f): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
Very funny!
Ghanaians thank you sha. I guess the fact that $1K, must have rolled into tens of millions of cedi, got y'all thinking this is worth taking to the press.
#no hating though.

4 Likes

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by mayorjo4u: 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
How many institution in Nigeria are practising this?

Abeg make u no kill their mission.

It is just to encourage them,

other institute can immitate them now and d competition will increase, out of which will make the country to grow higher and develop..
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by martin92(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
I wil report dis matter to my oga at the top
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by dridowu: 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
9ce 1 but what about dos in 9ja
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by drzed: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
Why una dey thank Ghana? Shioor!

The money was donated by OUR ambassador to Ghana: Ambassador Ademola Oluseyi Onafonoka
Where did you see it mentioned that they money was donated by one Osei Atumfor Quartey Nii Kwame Agyemang II grin

Make una dey read before una comment. Abeg. It is not yet illegal.

Nothing against Ghanaians, though. But I doubt if they will ever extend that kind of wind fall to our students when they have not finished taking care of their own. Besides, dem dey look for more creative ways to get rid of us from dia country and these students are only allowed to study because of the hard earned cash flow (and looted Nigerian treasury) entering the Ghana economy.

If una wan thank anybody, then thank our 'Oga@TheTop' a.k.a. Mr no shoes cheesy

3 Likes

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by osifred(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Why not scholarship and why is it limited to nigerians in knust only?
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by AnodaIT(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Only?
I got 2.1 and they gave me 500k n scholarship worth $12,500

3 Likes

Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by olapluto(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
If Nigerians in UK getting first class yearly were to be getting £1,000, I assure you the ambassador will be paying close to £500k. Nigerians get first class for Shizzy. If state govts emulate this, I won't be surprised there will be a surge in first class grads.
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by mac5: 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
just 1k dolls, its a shame oooooo, our government is nt encouraging our young youth who have really studied very hard to make nigeria proud in another country, buh on the other hand, our government is known to be dashing money plenty of money to musicians and footballers, wiv ferrarri and landed properties, its a shame. lets encourage our youth in education, research and science. education too is equally important to make our country great too
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by GalaxyNoteII: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
The students should beat the daylight out of this tool of an ambassador.

Na this same chicken change e dey use for one octagon mean per day in Dubai.
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by cardoso111(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
It is just to encourage more achievers to emerge!let's commend his efforts pls
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by KingPradas(m): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
1k, school fees how much they spend no be small oh
And you give 1k this is peanuts why not offer scholarship for masters.
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by Rocktation(f): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
cardoso111: It is just to encourage more achievers to emerge!let's commend his efforts pls

An Average student will do well to study hard and graduate with a good grade. Scholarships and other biggies, are what make students go the extra distance. So I don't get how encouraging this is exactly!

Well, students pass students sha. undecided
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by otumfour(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Rocktation: Very funny!
Ghanaians thank you sha. I guess the fact that $1K, must have rolled into tens of millions of cedi, got y'all thinking this is worth taking to the press.
#no hating though.

First off, ur ambassador gave out tht money

Rocktation! The fact tht u look like a monkey doesn't mean u have to act like 1 u know......smh!
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by garri4all: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
I'm schooling in Austria and I get really worried about my grades.
The grade level in Austria is high compared to naija
90 & above = 1
76-89 = 2
63-75 = 3
50-62 = 4
<50 = 5 (failed)

My first year here was really difficult (my grades were mostly 2's and about five 3's) as I was used to the Nigerian system of 70% and above as A
I'm in my 2nd year now and I'm getting used to the system. Last semester was mostly 1's. They don't use GP here but I don't even know how they will calculate it sef.
Please what is the grade level of the UK and US.
I doubt if having a first class here will be easy with this their crazy grade system.
I calculated my GP using the naija style and it is really low barely a 2.1 sad
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by Rocktation(f): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
otumfour:

First off, ur ambassador gave out tht money

Rocktation! The fact tht u look like a monkey doesn't mean u have to act like 1 u know......smh!

grin
See Ghanaian calling me monkey oo! grin grin
#i forgive you.
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by Litmus: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
I don't get it. What's to rejoice at in this instead of a simple congratulation? We're referring to some Ghana institute...not Harvard USA...or is this some sort of commercial pitched at Nigerians...
Re: $1000 For Nigerian 1st-Class Students In Ghana by OOLUSOGA(m): 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
mayorjo4u: How many institution in Nigeria are practising this?

Abeg make u no kill their mission.

It is just to encourage them,

other institute can immitate them now and d competition will increase, out of which will make the country to grow higher and develop..

I think they tried. Small should be enough.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNICAF Scholarships For Students In Nigeria / Pan African University Scholarships / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2018/2019 Admission Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.