Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK (12401 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Home Of Former IGP, Hafiz-Ringim Bombed / I Did My Best - Former IGP Hafiz Ringim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by apala911: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
A former Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr. Hafiz Ringim, is allegedly seeking asylum in the United Kingdom, as reports say, he has an application before the UK Border Agency.

Dailypost learnt that not long after his sack on January 25, 2012, Ringim traveled to the UK and has not returned ever since.

Sources say his request is on the grounds that the dreaded islamic sect, Boko Haram, may target his life once he returns to Nigeria.

The former Police boss in his application informed UK officials that he narrowly escaped death inJune 2011, when the Force Headquarters in Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja was bombed, few days after he threatened to crush the terrorist group.

Ringim told the British agency that on June 6, 2011, his Deputy, Abubakar Ningi was murdered alongside the police orderly and a driver, an incident claimed by the Boko Haram sect.

He also referred to the killings of the former military chiefs, including the November 2012 murder of a civil war veteran, General Mamman Shuwa.

It would be recalled that it was under Ringim’s tenure, that the United Nations’ office in Abuja was bombed. 25 people lost their lives, while several others were injured.

The UK government is yet to send a reply to the inquiry made on the matter.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/25/former-igp-hafiz-ringim-seeks-asylum-in-the-uk/
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by Bigcake: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Na lie u must come back to naija, na who u want run leave dis country whr una corruption dong spoil for? No do make i vex come meet u there ooo. If evrybody want run like u dey run so e mean say naija for dong dry na?. Ex IGP on the run? Hmmm, na so u been dey run when armrobbers whr una rent guns give dey attack their targets. Then na innocent people una go come dey arrest.

9 Likes

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by JimmyBoy1: 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
This may be genuine request, let us wait for more information before critisizing him.

1 Like

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by mosquitoNet(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
shocked #2
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by superior1: 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
He is afraid of nemesis catching up with him

2 Likes

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by TableLeg(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
superior1: He is afraid of nemesis catching up with him
What do you mean?
Can you please explain further .........
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by Okijajuju1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Na LIE!!

WE Sorry, Boko Haram is not after him...

He must return home o!!

Infact, we are sending Oyedepos Jet to pick him up..

Ewu!! Asylum for where?! You spoil country finish, now you wan run.. #YOUR FATHER!!! angry

11 Likes

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by GraceBestowed(f): 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
My question is; HOW did this kind of information reach the medias' ears? Truly, what is done in the secret shall surely come to light!
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by Pizzanatty(m): 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
Y is he running...? Is he nt part of dem?

Just asking ooo
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by dederocs(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Stupid man,BRITISH GOVERNMENT THAT MAN IS A CORRUPT MAN,WANTED FOR CORRUPTION.they destroy the society with thier corrupt acts-making the youths disillusioned,now they want to escape.please do not grant Asylum to this greedy fat idiot-he is a thief.
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by Demdem(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Bottom line : He has no confidence in the Nigerian Police which he once headed to secure his safety.
Police is ur friend. grin

12 Likes

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by mallorca(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
Grave is only safe place in this world

1 Like

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by infantrydoctor(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pregnant news
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by ichidodo: 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Bigcake: Na lie u must come back to naija, na who u want run leave dis country whr una corruption dong spoil for? No do make i vex come meet u there ooo. If evrybody want run like u dey run so e mean say naija for dong dry na?. Ex IGP on the run? Hmmm, na so u been dey run when armrobbers whr una rent guns give dey attack their targets. Then na innocent people una go come dey arrest.
Lol u know c im head like yam.Make dem deport am come back we dey wait for am for house.
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by HAH: 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Live by the sword die by the sword, come back and face the monster you and your ogas at the top created
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
He had the chance to crush the Boko Haram Sect but didn't. Now the group will crush him to the if the have the opportunity!

Anyways........
Check out my blogsite here: www.naijatalktown..com
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by dare2think: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jimmy Boy: This may be genuine request,

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by taharqa: 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
GraceBestowed: My question is; HOW did this kind of information reach the medias' ears? Truly, what is done in the secret shall surely come to light!

And how do you know that dis Media story is even true?? So you bliv anything you hear/read from d Nigeria Media without sm form of collaboratn from oda sources?.... Na wait na im me dey as usual

1 Like

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by BlackMamba2: 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Run all you want Hafiz, you started running since you were IGp and you are still running... Enjoy your running spree!

1 Like

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by gunuvi(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Na wa ooo
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by ewet: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wht hope for the common man even oga IGP dey fear for him life.If hin dey run abeg make me sef go seek assylum for Benin rep or Togo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This goes to show the lacuna in this dysfunctional contraption called Nigeria and GEJ is to dumb to realise we we are heading the wrong way and the center no longer seems to hold. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hm! The man fear for his life.
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by babseg(m): 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
That 'oga at the top guy' should seek asylum as well. grin grin grin grin
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by ProfessorPeter(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hafiz Hafiz Hafiz, how many time have i called you? U want asylum?
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by igbeke: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
if he is on d run, y d UK?
y not pakistan, syria or even iran so Israel cud destroy d fugitive alongside his host?
just tinking sha.
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by begwong: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Asylum granted! Next
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by misterseed(m): 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
When i wrote on my blog that 'Your Best Is Needed today', i had a situation like this in mind. Poor Hafiz. If only he had done his best. Or did he. the evidence on ground says otherwise. Wish him luck.
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by Venchy: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
No wonder properties looks like a prison yard with massive Burglary proof to secure their Businesses, properties amd lives.

What's a way of life...... IG seeking for asylum, listen theres so much back log of immigration applicant amd I hope this bloody man's application is been refused.

IG !!!!! ....ORISIRISI CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by tashanja(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
Bigcake: Na lie u must come back to naija, na who u want run leave dis country whr una corruption dong spoil for? No do make i vex come meet u there ooo. If evrybody want run like u dey run so e mean say naija for dong dry na?. Ex IGP on the run? Hmmm, na so u been dey run when armrobbers whr una rent guns give dey attack their targets. Then na innocent people una go come dey arrest.

This guy you wicked no be small O grin grin grin
Re: Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK by andyanders: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Na money wey him don chop dey pursue him. No run abeg as GEJ, will give you presidential pardon, if na money wey you chop run. If na boko haram, you are on your own.If na money you chop, no worry, even if dem catch you, PDP will accommodate you, with a post. UK go just chop your money through Tax and if your nyash open for your office for 9ija here, UK police go just carry you join Ibori quick.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) / Sylvanus Giwa Slumps And Dies (Special Assistant To Governor Ishaku Of Taraba) / Action Alliance Adopts Atiku As Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.