Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Problem With Information Marketing And Selling Ebooks In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Problem With Information Marketing And Selling Ebooks In Nigeria (1438 Views)

NEED EXTRA CASH: Welcome To The Online Information Marketing Blueprint / How To Make Money With Information Marketing? / Most Wanted Money Making Ebooks In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Information Marketing And Selling Ebooks In Nigeria by ayo84(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
Would people go to the bank and pay for an ebook of over N2000
People would even want to pay for your ebook, but they can't go to the bank to pay money in
You need to come up with a easy an quick solution for them to pay for your info product effortlessly

Information is power, people would pay for it, but don't make it too expensive, if it's too expensive, people will let it pass and get the information from elsewhere, allow them see an advert on radio,print, tv and instantly buy your info product.

If you design an advert like this enabling people to buy your ebook, you will be surprised that a lot of people would buy it.

And remember its all about numbers, would you prefer just 2 people buying your info product for N1500
or 10,000 people buying for N100 and you make N20 out of every sale, thats, like over N200,000

Food for Thought though ....

Re: Problem With Information Marketing And Selling Ebooks In Nigeria by citypulseng(m): 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
Good concept, Ayo. Although I have seen u raise such idea somewhere in this forum before. But my questions are these:

1. Calling on intending buyers to subscribe by texting to a short code is good idea. But with the bad experience a friend had some years ago when it came to gettin his money from the telcom operator, I don't think it is wise. Is there an alternative to the short code?

2. Selling an ebook on a sensitive or pressing subject matter(s) for N100 is ridiculous. If I put myself in the shoe of the buyer, I won't take a 2nd look at it. What makes u tink a businessman or enterpreneur will want to buy an important ebook for even N200?

3. As a new innovation or marketing concept, don't u tink it will be wrong to assume that about 10,000 will buy it at once? Even if it is Harry Potter, I doubt the perception of the average Nigerian.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Folorunsho Alakija Named 9th Richest Woman In The World / Emerging Business Opportunities In Nigeria Which Entrepreneurs Can Key Into / What Happens To Nigerians In The Diaspora Without BVN Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.