Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines (1185 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. / Hollywood Movies That Showcase Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by druid06(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Please post your favorite movies line. Mine is by Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
[giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I'm quite sure they will say so.
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2013
^^ V for Vendetta is a CLASSIC.

Quoting from memory here wink (after he rescues Evey from the fingermen)...
Evey: who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the funtion of what, and what i am is a man in a mask.
Evey: i can see that.
V: of course you can! I'm not doubting your powers of observation; i'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey: oh... grin
V: (waxing philosophical) but on the this most auspicious of nights, in lue of the more common place subriquet (spelling?? grin ), permit me to comment upon the character of this dramatis persona... Voila!! (and then he starts that long V-filled english essay grin
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 12:31am On Mar 26, 2013
Still rooting for Hugo Weaving here...

Agent Smith (The Matrix Revolutions): Mr Anderson! Welcome back... We missed you! Like what i've done with the place? (lightening and thunderclaps overhead)... grin

Or how Heath Leager's the Joker: WHY SO SERIOUS?? grin grin

And another favorite of mine, Megamind...
Megamind: You're a villain alright...just not a SUPER one.
Tighten: Oh yeah? Whats the difference?
Megamind (smiles broadly): PRESENTATION!!
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by druid06(m): 7:22am On Mar 26, 2013
If you recalled that line you wrote on v for vendetta by head then I must say Kudos to you. I had to go fetch the line I wrote here from google. I haven't seen the movie ''Megamind'', I would add it to the list of movies I want to see.... Nice one bro!
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 7:36am On Mar 26, 2013
^^ Yep! I did quote it from memory - thats how much i love the movie. wink I've lost count of how many times i've rewatched it, just to enjoy V's obama speeches. grin

My other favorite scenes are....
- when he blows up the old bailey:
V: Tell me evey, do u know what date it is?
Evey: why? November the 4th...
V: not anymore (midnight bell starts ringing) Remember remember, the 5th of november, the gun-powder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot...

- and when he hijacks the BTN, and plays his recorded video:
V: Good evening London! smiley grin
V:...(lots of grammar)...but while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and to those with insight (??..i think), the enunciation of TRUTH. And the truth is, there's something terribly wrong with this country, is there not? smiley... (and more grammar continues) grin
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by druid06(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nice one
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kokoA(m): 12:38am On Mar 27, 2013
Almost all the conversations in Pulp fiction. I have seen that movie morethan 15 times. I call it "delete and die" grin .... Samuel L jackson after shooting the guy on the couch. Samuel L Jackson: I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please continue.. Lol... .. Continues.. "What does Marcelos Wallace look like?". Terrified guy: what?! Samuel L Jackson: What country are you from? Terrified guy: what?! Samuel L Jackson: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak english in "what"?! Terrified guy: what?! Samuel L Jackson: English mudafuka!Do you speak it?! Terrified guy: yes! Samuel L Jackson: so you know what I am saying.. Terrified guy: yes! Samuel L Jackson: Describe what Marcelos Wallace look like! Terrified guy: what?! Samuel L Jackson: Say what again! Saay what again! I dare you! I double dare you mudafuka! Say what again! Say what one more gaddanm time!... Terrified guy: he... He.. He is black.. He is bald. Samuel L Jackson: Does he look like a b..!T*ch?! Terrified guy: what?! Gbosa gbosa.. Gun shots!.. Lol.. I love that movie.

1 Like

Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Mine is Will Smith in Hancock
Cocks his head nd says;Call me as*hole one more tym
(b4 d kid cud complete d statmtn he went sky high)
Den again,Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America";Gud morning my neighbours!
Neighbour:F*ck u
Akeem:Yes yes f*ck u too
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by druid06(m): 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
lol, nice movie quotes.
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
FASTER - Dwayne ''the Rock'' Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton:
Cop: I created my own hell...
Driver: And i'm the demon that crawled up out of it.
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
kokoA: Almost all the conversations in Pulp fiction. I have seen that movie morethan 15 times. I call it "delete and die" grin ....

I cried the day my first laptop crashed and my Pulp Fiction dvdrip was lost with it... The yarns! Ohh the yarns! Samuel L Jackson and Travolta totally killed that movie. That scene were they execute the perp after the ''n***a say what one more time'' rap...
- You read the bible?
- Not really...
- There's this passage i got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!''
(and they shoot the guy) Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!!!! grin
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
^^Can u imagine this nonsense? angry angry I write ''b#ng'', and Seun's bot changes it to 'slam'... Wtf is ''slam slam slam'?? angry
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by druid06(m): 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
kay9: ^^Can u imagine this nonsense? angry angry I write ''b#ng'', and Seun's bot changes it to 'slam'... Wtf is ''slam slam slam'?? angry

haha, seun is just wasting his time trying to censor this nairaland forum, we're all mature individuals here....
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by kay9(m): 3:38am On Apr 06, 2013
Al Pacino (Scarface):
Who put this thing together? ME!! Thats who! grin

I gat only two things in this world: my word and my balls. And i aint breakin' em fer nobady.
Re: Favorite Hollywood Movies Lines by druid06(m): 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
kay9: Al Pacino (Scarface):
Who put this thing together? ME!! Thats who! grin

I gat only two things in this world: my word and my balls. And i aint breakin' em fer nobady.

Nice one, I love that line too.

(1) (Reply)

Which Producers Are Buying Scripts / Download Supergirl Season 2 Episode 20 – City Of Lost Children [S02E20] / Hisense, Samsung And Polystar Tv (led Tv, Smart Tv & Hd Tv) From 22inch - 60inch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.