Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

HELP - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / HELP (2042 Views)

Salam Alaykum, Please Help Your Moderators / Salam Brothers! / Salam Sisters! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP by Balad: 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pls if one prays I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dsame room where der's a female whose hair Ȋ̝̊̅§ uncovered, does dt nullify D̶̲̥̅̊ salah.
Re: HELP by BetaThings: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2013
Balad: Pls if one prays I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dsame room where der's a female whose hair Ȋ̝̊̅§ uncovered, does dt nullify D̶̲̥̅̊ salah.

People pray validly inside aircraft whatever others do - drinking, taking off their dress if they like etc
Indeed the activities of others cannot normally nullify your salat. You don't control them. You can only control what is your power
But when someone or a dog tries to pass in front of you while you are praying in a normal situation, you have to stop them
Now let us imagine there is a muslim prisoner who does not have a place to pray but a room filled with photos of Unclad ladies, what does he do?
He would just have to pray there, keeping his eyes on the floor as usual, and he can validly close his eyes anyway
Re: HELP by fELiscatus: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
BetaThings:

People pray validly inside aircraft whatever others do - drinking, taking off their dress if they like etc
Indeed the activities of others cannot normally nullify your salat. You don't control them. You can only control what is your power
But when someone or a dog tries to pass in front of you while you are praying in a normal situation, you have to stop them
Now let us imagine there is a muslim prisoner who does not have a place to pray but a room filled with photos of Unclad ladies, what does he do?
He would just have to pray there, keeping his eyes on the floor as usual, and he can validly close his eyes anyway

Thank you for the reply betathings but what if the prayer is being said in a room as congregational prayer ie many men are praying together and there is a woman with uncovered hair in the room?
How will the angels respond 'amin' to the fatiha when the angels cannot enter the room? I ask this because I know there is a hadith that says angels will also recite 'amin' after the imam during a congregational prayer and if the people praying behind the imam answer on time, their 'amins' will coincide with that of the angels and their prayers will be answered.....
Thanks for answering.
Re: HELP by BetaThings: 2:12am On Mar 27, 2013
I don't know the hadeeth you speak of. I know that angels don't enter a house where there is a picture or a dog
As for covering the hair, I don't know it affects angels entering where congregational prayer is being said
Think of a man making tahajjud in his room and his wife is sleeping. The woman must cover her hair throughout (wwhile asleep) if the man wants angel to enter
Indeed she must do so for 24 hours if he wants angels to enter their house. Practicable?
But let us see the hadeeth first

But remember
'Whenever Allah's Apostle ordered the Muslims to do something, he used to order them deeds which were easy for them to do, (according to their strength endurance). They said, "O Allah's Apostle! We are not like you. Allah has forgiven your past and future sins." So Allah's Apostle became angry and it was apparent on his face. He said, "I am the one that fears Allah the most, and know Allah better than all of you do."' Bukhari

1 Like

Re: HELP by Balad: 11:43am On Mar 27, 2013
Wat U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ said Ȋ̝̊̅§ wat ȋ̝̊̅ tot of B4 askin D̶̲̥̅̊ ?. ȋ̝̊̅ don't tink Ūя̲̅ sleepin wife has †̥̥Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ wake up †̥̥Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ cover her hair wen U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ wana pray.ote author=BetaThings]I don't know the hadeeth you speak of. I know that angels don't enter a house where there is a picture or a dog
As for covering the hair, I don't know it affects angels entering where congregational prayer is being said
Think of a man making tahajjud in his room and his wife is sleeping. The woman must cover her hair throughout (wwhile asleep) if the man wants angel to enter
Indeed she must do so for 24 hours if he wants angels to enter their house. Practicable?
But let us see the hadeeth first

But remember
[/quote]
Re: HELP by deols(f): 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
I dont know of anything that says angels are important for the acceptance of salaat. If u have d proof, then provide it please.

About pictures, not just angels but angels that confer blessings. If angels cant be around pictures, what happens to d ones on our right and left. Do they leave because of the pictures? No.

Generally, angels are not affected by the feminine hair..whatever brought that about?
Re: HELP by zayhal(f): 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
While in school, I had two friends who held this view. Whenever they wanted to pray they'd insist I used a scarf over my head/hair. I always told them to bring proof but they couldn't.

Now, I have this hajia as a friend, she wears niqqab ma sha Allah but while indoors, she is always wearing hijab. I often wondered why she wears hijab inside her house, even inside her own room, but I didn't ask her since we aren't so close. Then she visited me a couple of times and one day started admonishing me on the importance of covering the hair, chest and shoulders indoors! Initially I was like wow! How come I've not come across this info before through reading or from lectures. Well, I asked hajia to give me evidences from the authentic sunnah and I'll begin to do as she said. It's over. 6 months now and she's yet to bring a single evidence for me.

When I asked her recently, she said she and her hubby are still searching. I asked who told her to be doing so in the 1st place, she said their ustaz. I told her I won't do it until I have clear proof. Then she began to say it's even good to cover indoors in order to teach our little girls how a muslimah should dress. Can you imagine such excuse? As if the girls don't see us well-dressed while going out.
Initially she said angels won't enter my house if I don't wear hijab indoors, now that we can't find proof for that, it's talk about teaching our girls.

How can I cover outside and still cover indoors? What and when will I be dazzling MrZayhal naa?

Islam is easy if only we will take a middle course, neither lapsing nor going to the extreme.
Re: HELP by maclatunji: 6:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
^I agree with you ladies but I think I have seen something that might have induced the mindset you speak of in the past. Let me go search for it.
Re: HELP by maclatunji: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Found it:

Ibn Ishaq recorded that when the spirit
came another time, Khadija tested him:
Isma`il b. Abu Hakim, a freedman of the
family of al-Zubayr, told me on Khadija's
authority that she said to the apostle of
God, 'O son of my uncle, are you able to tell
me about your visitant, when he comes to
you?" He replied that he could, and she
asked him to tell her when he came. So
when Gabriel came to him, as he was wont,
the apostle said to Khadija, 'This is Gabriel
who has just come to me.' `Get up, O son of
my uncle,' she said, `and sit by my left
thigh.' The apostle did so, and she said,
`Can you see him?' `Yes,' he said. She said,
`Then turn around and sit on my right
thigh.' He did so, and she said, `Can you
see him?' When he said that he could she
asked him to move and sit in her lap. When
he had done this she again asked if he
could see him, and when he said yes, she
disclosed her form and cast aside her veil
while the apostle was sitting in her lap.
Then she said, `Can you see him?' And he
replied, `No.' She said, `O son of my uncle,
rejoice and be of good heart, by God he is
an angel and not a satan.' (Ibn Ishaq, The
Life of Muhammad, tr. Guillaume, 1967, p.
107)
Re: HELP by zayhal(f): 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Oh I see.

But this does not still justify covering up indoors. The ayah of hijab is clear in the quran.
May Allah continue to guide us.

1 Like

Re: HELP by tbaba1234: 7:44am On Mar 28, 2013
First of all, ibn ishaq is not a reliable source of info. Use it carefully.

Aisha narrated a number of hadiths, where the prophet (peace be upon him) stood up for qiyam lail, never was it recorded that she went to cover up. Remember qiyam lail was obligatory on the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).

There is no evidence for that besides a woman can recite the quran in her house without cover. She doesn't have to be covered in her house except she has to pray.

Where do people get these things from?
Re: HELP by maclatunji: 8:44am On Mar 28, 2013
tbaba1234: First of all, ibn ishaq is not a reliable source of info. Use it carefully.

Aisha narrated a number of hadiths, where the prophet (peace be upon him) stood up for qiyam lail, never was it recorded that she went to cover up. Remember qiyam lail was obligatory on the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).

There is no evidence for that besides a woman can recite the quran in her house without cover. She doesn't have to be covered in her house except she has to pray.

Where do people get these things from?

Cool down, I have not said the source of the hadith is reliable. However, the truth is that this information is widely available and acted upon by many people.

A woman is not bound by this hadith obviously.
Re: HELP by BetaThings: 9:04am On Mar 28, 2013
There are two ahadeeth on this matter really

One is the one Maclatunji quoted

Another is the one where the Prophet (PBUH) went out of the house to go to the Baqi when he thought Aisah was asleep. This in Muslim
It is a long hadeeth. This is part of it. But it does not prove it

"He said: Gabriel came to me when you saw me. He called me and he concealed it from you. I responded to his call, but I too concealed it from you (for he did not come to you), as you were not fully dressed.I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I did not like to awaken you, fearing that you may be frightened."
Re: HELP by BetaThings: 9:10am On Mar 28, 2013
The part about Angel and Salat has to do with the authentic hadeeth in Bukhari

“Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Say Amin" when the Imam says it and if the Amin of any one of you coincides with that of the angels then all his past sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab said, "Allah's Apostle used to Say "Amin."".

The hadeeth about angels does not explicit mention blessing
Narrated Salim's father:
Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog."

However there is a translation in Bukhari that has "angels (of mercy)" ie "of mercy" being in bracket. However people are concerned about angels of mercy really. If the hair of a woman can scare away angels of wrath or punishment, clearly it would be the easiest way to avoid having bad deeds from being recorded
Re: HELP by maclatunji: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2013
^That is what I think... some angels no send the woman. Na their work dem go do.
Re: HELP by tbaba1234: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2013
maclatunji:

Cool down, I have not said the source of the hadith is reliable. However, the truth is that this information is widely available and acted upon by many people.

A woman is not bound by this hadith obviously.

cool just made a general statement...
Re: HELP by deols(f): 10:48am On Mar 28, 2013
BetaThings: The part about Angel and Salat has to do with the authentic hadeeth in Bukhari

“Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Say Amin" when the Imam says it and if the Amin of any one of you coincides with that of the angels then all his past sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab said, "Allah's Apostle used to Say "Amin."".

The hadeeth about angels does not explicit mention blessing
Narrated Salim's father:
Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog."

However there is a translation in Bukhari that has "angels (of mercy)" ie "of mercy" being in bracket. However people are concerned about angels of mercy really. If the hair of a woman can scare away angels of wrath or punishment, clearly it would be the easiest way to avoid having bad deeds from being recorded

So, in conclusion, are angels.of mercy the only ones or all angels?
Re: HELP by BetaThings: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
deols:
So, in conclusion, are angels.of mercy the only ones or all angels?

Please, I plead. I am not a scholar of hadeeth. I am at the state of reading ahadeeth and spitting them out same way I swallowed them. I pointed out the exact text of the ahadeeth that I have seen. I cannot interpret. But you brought an insight into the matter which is very logical, hence my additional comments.

I actually believe that people want angels of mercy around them. So dogs and pictures should be off. Now what about other angels? I suppose we cannot send them away by bringing pictures. However I listened to a lecture where the person says there should be no pictures where ruqya is to be performed. And in my opinion reciting ayatal Kursi and the alMu'awwidhatayn before sleeping is a form of ruqya. This suggests to me that pictures are generally not good. This is is based on how I want to approach things. It is not in anyway an informed opinion.

May Allah, Who knows best, give us guidance.
Re: HELP by deols(f): 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
I am not a scholar either hence my questions.

The need for covering up are specified for situations.

Best to just stick to that.

(1) (Reply)

What I Observe About Muslims In Nairaland. / WHAT IS SHIA,SHIITE,SHIASM. What You Need To Know? / Muslims And Good Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.