Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,518 members, 7,801,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account (13518 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved / Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
Wow. I never knew this thread was on frontpage already.

Thank you everybody, these advice are all very invaluable and I must confess I have learned a very important lesson about my ATM and bank account security.

UPDATE: In the course of the day I have received text messages that some of the transactions have been reversed. Out of six transactions that took place four have been reversed and the money returned to my account, only two is now pending.

But the issue now is really not about the money but the act itself. I really, really, really would like to get to the root of this issue and discover who did it and how. Because now I have become very paranoid, and I am not liking the feeling.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Babzilla:
& THEY WILL KEEP TELLING U 2 COME BACK 2MORROW. IF U WANT UR MONEY U HAVE TO TURN PSYCHO ON THEM. CREATE A SCENE
ON THAT DAY MAKE SURE U DONT
TAKE A BATH
WEAR RUMPLED CLOTHES-SLEEP IN UR CLOTHES IF POSSIBLE
DONT BRUSH UR TEETH- SO UR BREATH IS FOUL; THEY WONT WANT TO SPEAK 4 LONG COS OF THE STENCH* EAT LOTS OF GARLIC PRIOR TO THE VISIT
WEAR A PAIR OF FCKED UP FLIP FLOPS (BATHROOM SLIPPERS)
THEN ONCE U ENTER THE BANKING HALL, RUDELY DEMAND 4 UR MONEY IF THEY SAY COME TOMORROW, START BELLOWING AND ACTING CRAZY
REMEMBER BE VERY VERY RUDE; NO GOOD MORNING NO NICETIES. IF THEY GREET DONT ANSWER
IF POSSIBLE HOOK UP WITH A FEW AGGRIEVED CUSTOMERS AND START A MINI REVOLUTION SCREAMING AND ISSUING THREATS.

I GUARANTEE U UR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED WITHIN 12 HRS

ALTERNATIVELY U CAN GET SOME ANIMAL SKINS AND CHALK AND DRESS LIKE A BABALAWO
CARRY A WHITE CHICKEN IN UR RIGHT HAND AND A COW HORN IN UR LEFT THEN MARCH IN2 THE BANKING HALL-BAREFOOT
RUDELY DEMAND 4 UR MONEY.
Are you actually telling me to shoot a Nollywood home video within the bank premises?

Thank you very much.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by oribi(m): 11:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
Only someone who has ur details can do such without dat notin can be done..so one way or d other d details were taken
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by KokoBeware: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
CBN needs to force these banks to insure card against such happenings because the bank can obviously trace the money......
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by CyberG: 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hmmmnn...sorry o! Naija still dey far behind and I don't think banks will be picking up the tab for this kind of frauds anytime soon! Unlike in Naija, over here, if there's fraudulent transaction on your card, reported and proved, the bank will refund everything back to you! Once, some SOB stole my card and ran up a bill of about $ 5K! After submitting the documents, the charges were reversed and they went after the SOB!
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by patrkq(m): 11:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
Gennyz: GT Bank is prone to dis attack,i hav heard of cyber attacks y is always GT bnk,pls people beware cos thr use VISA y oda bnks use MASTER card.
Naaaaaaaahhhhhhh.... Gt bank isz alwayz mastercard
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by born2boink(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
Una men, I don dey fear with my ATM...m shocked

Dem go carry deady body in bank if someone tried it with me, I remembered the one I nearly beat the lady at counter when that useless GT bank debited 20k and no cash dispensed. GT banks are very very very useless in protection
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by PastorAji(m): 12:09am On Mar 27, 2013
blank: PINRELOAD.COM is an online portal for buying recharge card. The person don use your money well well. Probably Konga was a test run.

First, be careful the kind of sites you use your card on.
Also, GTBank has such issues with cloning of their atm cards. Be careful the location of atms you use.
scobaba: .

Ile-ife and one gig....u guys are right.
If GTB uses a chip based card, it can't be cloned or rather such transactions can't take place.
I don't want to believe GTB still uses magnetic stripe where such cloning was possible, cos CBN hotlisted(cancelled) all magnetic stripe cards on SEPT 30th 2009.

1.Are you really sure its your account, did you check your balance @ the branch?
2.Are u really sure you did not try buying anything online?

Pally, the last time we heard such complaint was in 2009.....check yourself.

Na BIG FAT LIE!!!!
Bankers in the house av u heard the term PCIDSS?
@ Poster what really the fraudster need is the CVV2 Number @ the back of your ATM card and that looooooong 16 digit number that is why u need to be extra careful about
1. Who have access to your card
2. The Locations where you use the card
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by odumchi: 4:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by writemeshyahoo: 5:59am On Mar 27, 2013
hi guys
dis is a serious matter as d same thing happened to me after using fidelity bank atm at d computer village and I keep getting series of alert with N2000 being withdrawn frm my account until d account was emptied.
I'm a Zenith account holder and was given a dispute form to fill and was told it will take up to 45 to 60 days. the irony of it was dat the withdrawals started frm 1.00am Sunday morning so I just watched helplessly
until my account was emptied.
dis should serve as warning to others using d atm.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by tomX1(m): 6:01am On Mar 27, 2013
see post bellow.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by tomX1(m): 6:03am On Mar 27, 2013
One easy way for someone to use your atm without your consent is through your old smart phone.
Let me illustrate this point using android phones (not that their is anything wrong with android phones).
When you buy an android phone you will have to link it to a gmail account to have access to many of its features including the shopping applications (wether you are shopping for softwares, books, music etc.) Similarly you could easily link your atm card (MASTER or VISA) to the emai account for online purchases and from that point on your o.line purchases through the phone are validated by the gmail account.
Now if you loose your phone or sell/gift your old phone to someone without doing a factory reset and unlinking the phone from you gmail account then the new owner can shop for, say, softwares and you get billed for it.
similarly if your gmail account is compromised via social medias or anyother means and the predator observes you have been shopping online with your smart phone, he ould easily link the same gmail account to a smart phone and bill you for his purchases.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Larrylarex(m): 6:40am On Mar 27, 2013
Something like that has happened to me before,my tuition was sent to me but I've not withdrawn it, but the day I decided to withdraw it, I learnt that #29,000 has been withdrawn from my account WTF! I rushed to the bank and they told me the transaction happened via ATM at Marina, Lagos and there was nothing they could do about it... meanwhile Marina office is the head office of the bank so, it's possible that its the handwork of one of their staff because, I was schooling in Osun state and its been long since I left Lagos... well I left everything to God and stopped using UBA
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Jabia(m): 7:59am On Mar 27, 2013
Hi,
I've had some work experience with GTBank.

Anytime such fraudulent transactions happen on your account without delay send an email to complaints@gtbank.com or call customer service on 08039003900, 08029002900. Press 2-0 immediately the line is picked and you'd be linked to a customer service officer.
Calmly explain your fears and they'd BLOCK your card. A blocked card CANNOT be used.
NOTE: This is for GTBank customers. Kindly confirm same from your bank (for other banks).
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by born2boink(m): 8:03am On Mar 27, 2013
I think we will need to go back to passbook if money no save with ATM again
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by sherifjoo(m): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Bank officials wil defintely wnt τ̲̅ȍ cover der messup,buh D̶̲̥̅̊ fact remains D̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ Į̸̸̨§ not bcux U̶̲̥̅̊ make use of ur Atm @ computer village buh bcux D̶̲̥̅̊ card Į̸̸̨§ no longer secure as thy claimed,,bcux of cloning D̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ Į̸̸̨§ D̶̲̥̅̊ reason y CBN stop D̶̲̥̅̊ use of magnectic stripe card n move τ̲̅ȍ verve card or wah D̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ call it,§☺ Fø̲̣̣я̅ the customer officer τ̲̅ȍ say somfin lik D̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ Į̸̸̨§ jst tryin τ̲̅ȍ put D̶̲̥̅̊ blame on U̶̲̥̅̊
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2013
GTb is prone to fraud. I worked briefly with GTbank Akowonjo branch for like three months before and got another offer. While there, there is no single day that passes without customers coming to complain of fraudulent withdrawals from ATM cards. I remember a particular customer who happens to be an Army officer angrily walked into the branch and demanded to see the branch Manager. He complained that 450,000 was debited from his account via ATM for an online transaction. He almost beat up the Manager that day because he was visibly angry and he wanted his money back that same day. Also, three weeks ago, iwas at home with my Fiancee relaxing on a Sunday and she got seven successive alerts of Withdrawals from her ATM card to the tune of 140,000 via her GTB Atm card.
I am beginning to suspect that maybe some people in their IT or card services are up to some mischief because why is i always GTB all the time? I have vowed never to leave any amount greater than 5,000 in my GTB account and i have also advised people around me to do so too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by akbtunes: 9:21am On Mar 27, 2013
Babzilla:
& THEY WILL KEEP TELLING U 2 COME BACK 2MORROW. IF U WANT UR MONEY U HAVE TO TURN PSYCHO ON THEM. CREATE A SCENE
TAKE A BATH
DONT BRUSH UR TEETH- SO UR BREATH IS FOUL; THEY WONT WANT TO SPEAK 4 LONG COS OF THE STENCH* EAT LOTS OF GARLIC PRIOR TO THE VISIT
THEN ONCE U ENTER THE BANKING HALL, RUDELY DEMAND 4 UR MONEY IF THEY SAY COME TOMORROW, START BELLOWING AND ACTING CRAZY
REMEMBER BE VERY VERY RUDE; NO GOOD MORNING NO NICETIES. IF THEY GREET DONT ANSWER
IF POSSIBLE HOOK UP WITH A FEW AGGRIEVED CUSTOMERS AND START A MINI REVOLUTION SCREAMING AND ISSUING THREATS.

CARRY A WHITE CHICKEN IN UR RIGHT HAND AND A COW HORN IN UR LEFT THEN MARCH IN2 THE BANKING HALL-BAREFOOT

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Bros don kolo finish...lmao

1 Like

Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Ultrame(m): 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Babzilla:
TAKE A BATH

LWKMD. Bros na wah o!. Your sense of humor and imagination's top notch!!!

1 Like

Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
writemesh@yahoo:
hi guys
dis is a serious matter as d same thing happened to me after using fidelity bank atm at d computer village and I keep getting series of alert with N2000 being withdrawn frm my account until d account was emptied.
I'm a Zenith account holder and was given a dispute form to fill and was told it will take up to 45 to 60 days. the irony of it was dat the withdrawals started frm 1.00am Sunday morning so I just watched helplessly
until my account was emptied.
dis should serve as warning to others using d atm.

What a coincidence. I actually used Fidelity Bank ATM at Computer Village on Friday, and by Monday I started getting those alerts.

I think there is something going on with that particular ATM machine. On that day I actually noticed three guys hanging suspiciously around and monitoring what was going on, but at that time I thought they were probably would be Muggers not knowing that they may have more sinister things on their mind.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by olukemiyemi: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Have you considered contacting Konga.com? They would have delivered the product that was purchased to an adress and will also have a contact phone number. However, they might be wary of divulging information to you but it doesnt hurt to try. If you like, you could get the Police involoved, going through Konga is an easy way to nail the guy.
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Ladapo(m): 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ladapo: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=DFBBohgDTSQ

That is probably how they captured my details. That fidelity bank ATM, Computer Village.

Hmmm.....
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by doyexy: 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
topefisayo: GTb is prone to fraud. I worked briefly with GTbank Akowonjo branch for like three months before and got another offer. While there, there is no single day that passes without customers coming to complain of fraudulent withdrawals from ATM cards. I remember a particular customer who happens to be an Army officer angrily walked into the branch and demanded to see the branch Manager. He complained that 450,000 was debited from his account via ATM for an online transaction. He almost beat up the Manager that day because he was visibly angry and he wanted his money back that same day. Also, three weeks ago, iwas at home with my Fiancee relaxing on a Sunday and she got seven successive alerts of Withdrawals from her ATM card to the tune of 140,000 via her GTB Atm card.
I am beginning to suspect that maybe some people in their IT or card services are up to some mischief because why is i always GTB all the time? I have vowed never to leave any amount greater than 5,000 in my GTB account and i have also advised people around me to do so too.

Na wa o!
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Lifted1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
dis is prob one of the most sensible replies in this thread..... the how,who or where of the op's predicament cannot be ascertained at the moment. but the right to protection in the event of such can be. I recently watched a prog on NTA (late last week or earlier in the week dnt recall xactly) about the probs of ATM service in Nigearia and a victim of ATM fraud spoke on how he was defrauded to the tune of 450,000 he filed a suit against the bank, the court ruled in his favour and the bank was instructed to pay the said amount WITH INTEREST, so that got me thinking ...if the court ruled in his favour, there jst myt be laws protecting us that we completely unaware of. I for one don't hv much faith in the judicial system here so I like plenty odas myt not think of legal redress
KokoBeware: CBN needs to force these banks to insure card against such happenings because the bank can obviously trace the money......
Re: Illegal Third Party Withdrawal From My Account by Tittie16(f): 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hi everyone, I work for Pinreload.com. I just want to inform you that whenever you receive an alert that a fraudulent transaction has been made on your ATM card via Pinreload.com, please send us an email immediately (info at pinreload dot com) telling us the amount and the transaction ID. That way we can hold the order and contact Interswitch for verification. This step is important since we don't truly know who the card belongs to, only Interswitch and your bank does. If they get back to us on time, your money will be refunded. We hate fraud as much as everyone else and will help to fight it provided Interswitch does not delay in their response.

PS: Please forward the alert to us instantly. Without a complaint email, we will not hold the order.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get 5 Extra Hours When You Signup on VA Patrick, Nigeria's #1 VA Agency / Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya / Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.