Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? (27042 Views)

Why Do Ladies Shave Off Their Eyebrows? / Is There Brazilian Waxing In Naija? / Warning. Say No To Bikini Waxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

if you were, i wouldn't even crave your attention but the unneccessary pain is just uncalled for. You can be 'more beautiful' without having to go blind just because you want to look like the rest na.
good point
anyways times have changed, the new age has arrived and i need to look good to find my future husband. tongue tongue grin
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
Eze Promoe: Fashion is fake. Fake eyelashes, fake face, fake lips, fake hairs and even fake height.
See what they're doing with our money. SMH sad
please explain fake height ? grin
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by honeric01(m): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
ItsModella:
times have changed and so has fashion. I'm sure you don't walk carrying an afro and wearing disco pants like our grandfathers did.

we're the ones going through the pain and we're definitely not complaining...so oga, take a chill pill, let us carry our cross on our own. grin grin

up till now, some men still wear afro depending on the shape of your head. Disco pant and afro do not cause you pain like what i explained.

Lastly, check from the start of the thread, 90% of the posters COMPLAINED on the pain, so yes you're complaining. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by honeric01(m): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:

the heels na, women, complex and competition.. Hmmm SMH
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by GalaxyNoteII: 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
Too much.

Abeg, just use scissors and shaving blade.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

the heels na, women, complex and competition.. Hmmm SMH

you men are so picky, chai
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by seyibrown(f): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
First time threading was like chidbirth pangs for me! grin grin ... but you'll get used to it after a few tries, and it lasts longer than that any other eyebrow shaping method for me.
honeric01:

up till now, some men still wear afro depending on the shape of your head. Disco pant and afro do not cause you pain like what i explained.

Lastly, check from the start of the thread, 90% of the posters COMPLAINED on the pain, so yes you're complaining. Lol
whatever, even our grandmothers still experienced pain all in the name of beauty, they only used more "traditional" methods...so judge us not grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Penissucker(f): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
free2ryhme:

virginity must have earned you a bragging right ... here is a top to go with grin

*collapses with laughter* cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by GraceBestowed(f): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
I don't think it's fair to condemn personal care, and put it under the umbrella of vanity.

Looking, and feeling, good is an individual thing; one woman might feel comfortable with bushy brows, and another with shaped brows; some women like natural hair, others like weave; some women like 6" heels, others flats ... you get my drift!

It's not cool to look down on, or insult, someone who does not share in your opinion(s), especially if you haven't, don't, and will never walk in their shoes (or heels, in this case).

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Penissucker(f): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:

I think he is referring to girls that wear high-heels.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by honeric01(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
adaobi123:
good point
anyways times have changed, the new age has arrived and i need to look good to find my future husband. tongue tongue grin

you need to be someone else before you can find your hubby? Hmmmm i'm sad!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by honeric01(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
ItsModella:
whatever, even our grandmothers still experienced pain all in the name of beauty, they only used more "traditional" methods...so judge us not grin grin

painful things like?
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by SmashingM(f): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
onila: u are disgusting

go get some class, bit..ch

That was uncalled for and FYI it takes a biatch τ̅☺ notice a biatch

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
GraceBestowed: I don't think it's fair to condemn personal care, and put it under the umbrella of vanity.

Looking, and feeling, good is an individual thing; one woman might feel comfortable with bushy brows, and another with shaped brows; some women like natural hair, others like weave; some women like 6" heels, others flats ... you get my drift!

It's not cool to look down on, or insult, someone who does not share in your opinion(s), especially if you haven't, don't, and will never walk in their shoes (or heels, in this case)
Thank you jare..
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Penissucker(f): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
SmashingM:

That was uncalled for and FYI it takes a biatch τ̅☺ notice a biatch
gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

I'm not being somebody else, I'm still me. I'm just enhancing my 'beauty' daz all.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

painful things like?
like braiding their hair with rubber..

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Penissucker(f): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

That's the world we live in. Men are visual creature by nature.

I'm sure you are attracted to ladies that have a pretty face.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by honeric01(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
chaircover:

what is your own sef? Shebi its our brows and its our pain and our panadol grin grin

leave us alone jare tongue

maybe its just me, thank God your hubby supports my view. Make una tone down a bit with all these una competition. I hardly admirer any woman with 'artificial' beauty. To be my wife, you must not be a haly berry by day and iyabo obasanjo by night.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by badmeat(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Eze Promoe: Fashion is fake. Fake eyelashes, fake face, fake lips, fake hairs and even fake height.
See what they're doing with our money. SMH sad
thamk GOD they can't fake the quality of the poosaaay!
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

maybe its just me, thank God your hubby supports my view. Make una tone down a bit with all these una competition. I hardly admirer any woman with 'artificial' beauty. To be my wife, you must not be a haly berry by day and iyabo obasanjo by night.
*falls from Iroko tree* grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Penis sucker:

That's the world we live in. Men are visual creature by nature.

I'm sure you are attracted to ladies that have a pretty face.
and you are attracted to guys that have an ugly face.right?
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by gozie143(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
girls are really suffering sad, cant imagine me doing this
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
I've seen men who thread their eyebrows...so y'all should chill on this "girls are suffering" brouhaha.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
ItsModella: I've seen men who thread their eyebrows...so y'all should chill on this "girls are suffering" brouhaha.
*shakes hand*

you guys should just sit down jare
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by honeric01(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
make i let una rest.
Stop going blind to please the world
stop breaking your ankle
stop wearing napkin to look 'sexy'
stop the wannabe lifestyle
define yourself and let others memorize your definition!
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
Eheehee grin grin so touching
But sorry, we must not sugar coat you..this is beyond vanity, this is pure stupidity and insanity. Again what's the point of such? When you draw a fake one with a pencil
GraceBestowed: I don't think it's fair to condemn personal care, and put it under the umbrella of vanity.

It's not cool to look down on, or insult, someone who does not share in your opinion(s), especially if you haven't, don't, and will never walk in their shoes (or heels, in this case).
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01: make i let una rest.
stop breaking your ankle
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Morgan1092(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
onila: i wax

thats what most VIRGINS do smiley
Whts ur point?
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01: make i let una rest.
stop breaking your ankle

LWKMD grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Ways To Make Cheap Clothes Look Expensive / Fashion Mistakes People Make / Nairalander - Onyx Godwin pictures From his Make-up Project In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.