Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US (19858 Views)

We Will Take Out The S-400 If A Nato Member Jet Is Hit: Us Defence Chief / Romney's Son: I Wanted To Hit Obama / N.korea Threatens To Finish S.korea In 3-4mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by topmostg: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
tit_squeez: I don taya for this their rhetoric. if they want shoot make dem shoot haba
lol... Na so na
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Capnd143(m): 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hmmm . . . The problem i have with the Us is always trying to be world police. . ! If i were kim jung il, i would probably do the same thing but with more intelligence! I know the Us and south korea, are kinda ties and allies against NK, bt the US should pray that china doesnt get involved by backing NK, because if that happen believe me, no matter how many techs and weaponry, nukes and ballistic arsenals the Us have, the will face a great loss against "THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA" . . . They in billions if not trillions of debt to china, considering china's population,economy,technology,military might and courage then the USA must have met its match in its entire lifetime! ,. . .. .. .
Meanwhile . . . . Packing my tins to the village oh, incase war breaks out, i would have loved aso or zuma rock, bt Gej and 40 laptop crew wouldnt give me space.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
IT IS SAID THAT "WHEN YOU SEE A FOUL COMING AFTER YOU IN THE MORNING,RUN AWAY BECAUSE THE COOKOOROOKOO MAY HAVE GROWN TEETH OVERNIGHT"
BUT NOT THIS ONE,SHA.THOSE PYONYANG SEEM TO BE FED UP WITH THEIR LIVES.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by causewahala: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
This people want to cause wahala in d world. E be like sey na mouth dem dey! undecided
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Rexxie: IT IS SAID THAT "WHEN YOU SEE A FOUL COMING AFTER YOU IN THE MORNING,RUN AWAY BECAUSE THE COOKOOROOKOO MAY HAVE GROWN TEETH OVERNIGHT"
BUT NOT THIS ONE,SHA.THOSE PYONYANG SEEM TO BE FED UP WITH THEIR LIVES.

I don't think they're fed up with their lives - they're just tired of the yanks and their never ending military exercises near their coast... It has more to do with paranoia than anything else... and the press seems to be happy to add more fuel to it..

If George Bush as psychotic as he was never attacked NK, I doubt Obama wants anything to do with them.. grin I bet the Chinese are somewhere laughing out loud at both sides.... grin
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Rajman(m): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Can Israel declare a total war on Iran ?

dem never reach
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nuzo1(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Just like Ghadafi and Saddam, the late dictator Kim jun ill lived a luxurious and lavish life. Posh automobiles, cuban cigars, mega concerts and beautiful actresses (local and foreign).

The young sussessor towed the same line. He recently married one of the most popular actresses in North Korea.

As much as I know that the young man was trained to be a hardened soldier, they were lots of free hand given to him during this training. One of those is giving him the luxury of studying in Switzerland....unlike the usual hardened Korean soldier

With these and more, Kim will be the last to forgo all these power and luxuries to delve into war that may consume everybody including him.

Its easier for Isreal to bomb USA than this fun loving young North Korean man.

However, dude has to keep the USA on their toes once in a while.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by bookface: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

Let's forget the sabre-rattling from both sides, and the lunacy of North Korea... Do you actually think US of A and South Korea want a war with suicidal North Korea grin

All US bases in that part of the world are within their missile reach - and do you even know how many NK missiles are facing Seoul Best believe none of the two sides want war... That's why the Chinese are not really bothered, to be honest...

Of course neither the US nor South Korea wants a war, but i don't think neither side is ready to shy away from one either.

I think if anything, the Chinese are more bothered than anyone else. They know they don't have the current "Fat boy" military leader under their wraps like they did with his daddy, they also know he may be crazy enough to try some stupid shyt like striking a US military base. They know that the US WILL respond with tougher military strikes, if for anything, to satisfy internal politics and send a message to Iran as well as reassure Japan and other US allies, of US military capacity and its ability to defend its allies. (Not even the US president can prevent the US from striking back), Such a response will send several refugees running from North Korea into China and this will be a huge problem for China both in the short and the long term.

I think despite US finances, its ability to print new notes and fund itself through another war should never be underestimated.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by topmostg: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Now this thread is getting really interesting!!!

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by bookface: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
Capnd143: Hmmm . . . The problem i have with the Us is always trying to be world police. . ! If i were kim jung il, i would probably do the same thing but with more intelligence! I know the Us and south korea, are kinda ties and allies against NK, bt the US should pray that china doesnt get involved by backing NK, because if that happen believe me, no matter how many techs and weaponry, nukes and ballistic arsenals the Us have, the will face a great loss against "THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA" . . . They in billions if not trillions of debt to china, considering china's population,economy,technology,military might and courage then the USA must have met its match in its entire lifetime! ,. . .. .. .
Meanwhile . . . . Packing my tins to the village oh, incase war breaks out, i would have loved aso or zuma rock, bt Gej and 40 laptop crew wouldnt give me space.

You have absolutely no idea of the US military capacity.

China may have billions of soldiers, but unless they can figure a way to ship all those soldiers across the Atlantic Ocean (China has only 1 or 2 carriers by the way), they are all typical sitting ducks for the raptors and the B2 spirits.

The US does not only rely on its military might, it's got strong allies and partners who can do several things e.g block major shipping routes - a move that could make China bankrupt in less than a year. Not only does China's economy rely mostly on export to Europe and the US, it's huge population and economy require energy sources most of which passes through routes that are commanded by US allies or NATO nations.

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by JeSoul(f): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
bookface:

China may have billions of soldiers, but unless they can figure a way to ship all those soldiers across the Atlantic Ocean (China has only 1 or 2 carriers by the way), they are all typical sitting ducks for the raptors and the B2 spirits.

The US does not only rely on its military might, it's got strong allies and partners who can do several things e.g block major shipping routes - a move that could make China bankrupt in less than a year. Not only does China's economy rely mostly on export to Europe and the US, it's huge population and economy require energy sources most of which passes through routes that are commanded by US allies or NATO nations.

Solid points BF.
The usefulness of allies should not be underestimated. Deals are made all the time & backs are scratched in return for something. It goes without saying the US has very powerful allies on its side.

I agree with you on China as well. I'm not sure why anyone would think China would 'back' North Korea on this tantrum-throwing episode. They stand to lose a lot - economy, their borders etc. It is in their best interest to have all sides cool their tempers.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Symphony007: 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
This must be a joke! He's just doing this to show his hungry and confused people that he has muscles. He won't dare go where his grandfather, the founder of north korea and his father did'nt. He won't dare!!
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by JeSoul(f): 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

Let's forget the sabre-rattling from both sides, and the lunacy of North Korea... Do you actually think US of A and South Korea want a war with suicidal North Korea grin

All US bases in that part of the world are within their missile reach - and do you even know how many NK missiles are facing Seoul Best believe none of the two sides want war... That's why the Chinese are not really bothered, to be honest...
This in bold is what worries me the most, you couldn't have described it better "lunacy" & "suicidal". As much as I'd like to believe these guys are just trying to flex small muscle at the US, at the back of my mind I feel these guys can actually be insane enough to launch an offensive...and then scamper underground to their nuclear fallout shelter while the citizens suffer the brunt - they have already shown they don't give a damning care about their citizens.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Edoboy1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The rest of the world including African needs tyrant regimes like North korea,Zimbabwe,Venezuela and Iran to balance the power of Strong nations who are only interested in forcing their hegemony on the poor nations of the world.

"War is the continuation of politics by other means". . . .I hope the North gets what they want in the end through war since bluffing and bargaining are not working.
. U r acting like a 14 year old. Do u know what is WAR? Go and check ur dictionary. BLUETOOTH, I can c u r blind,change it to INFRARED.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Efikman(m): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
xynerise: North Korea says it has ordered artillery and rocket units into "combat posture" to prepare to target US bases in Hawaii, Guam and the US mainland.

The announcement, carried by KCNA news agency, follows days of strong rhetoric from Pyongyang.

It came as South Korea marked the third anniversary of the sinking of the Cheonan warship, which left 46 sailors dead.

South Korea said it had detected no signs of unusual activity in the North.

Tensions remain high on the Korean peninsula in the wake of North Korea's third nuclear test on 12 February. The test led to new UN sanctions which Pyongyang strongly opposes.

Joint US-South Korea annual military drills have further angered the communist nation. In recent weeks its habitually fiery rhetoric has escalated - it has threatened the US with "pre-emptive nuclear attacks", as well as strikes on US military bases in Japan.

"From this moment, the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army will be putting in combat duty posture No 1 all field artillery units including long-range artillery units and strategic rocket units that will target all enemy objects in US invasionary bases on its mainland, Hawaii and Guam," the KCNA statement said.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21935342

I smell Third World War.
North Korea may have the ability to attack u.s bases around asia but definitely not Hawai or even the mainland. If they even so much as attempt it, they will be nuked frm the face of the earth in a matter of few hours. U.S in the 80s had d ability to destroy the entire USSR which was about a 100x the size of northkorea.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=16pt]LETS GO DIER[/size]. grin grin
[size=18pt]THIS IS WHAT HAV BEEN WAITING FOR[/size]. grin grin
LET THEM ENGAGE THE U.S SO THAT IRAN CAN DEAL WITH DAT TINY ISRAEL. grin grin
[size=20pt]ISRAEL HAS BEEN HIDING UNDER U.S SKIRT TO MAKE MOUTH[/size].

so sorry for you. Why disgrace urself in a public forum like this? Pls hide ur ignorance, saying Israel is hiding under USA finally shows ur ignorance of history.
Let me give you an assignment, google israeli -Arab war, and see what the so called ''tiny nation'' did to all the arab nations. It wont take Israel a week to finish that God-forsaken noise making iran.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by supaeagles(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
Let them tackle their national hunger problem first before thinking of international affairs
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Stlatyv(m): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Built2last: Someone shud advice that hamburger-donut pizza eating North korean accidental leader...he shud ask Saddam husseini and Gaddafi what's up....don't start what you can't finish
my broda gadafi lost dat war jst cos he had no suport both home nd in d int'l world, if nt u.s cant defeat a suicide bomber.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Rajman:

dem never reach

The only thing stoping Israel from hitting iran is the pleading from US. Saying Israel has no capacity to hit iran is pure fallacy. That would have happened last year before the general election in israel. What technology has iran got to fight Israel?
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Edoboy1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
solomon111: God bless N.korea for standing their ground and refusing to be taken for granted.
Whatever pains they are going through now cannot be compared to what they will gain in the future.
Unfortunately My country Nigeria is a useless nation,that even the citizens support western interference and intimidation against their country.
They will do anything to get america's approval.
Smh.
you are a fool for callin your country a USELESS nation. May GOD and satan punish u.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
bookface:
Of course neither the US nor South Korea wants a war, but i don't think neither side is ready to shy away from one either.

I think if anything, the Chinese are more bothered than anyone else. They know they don't have the current "Fat boy" military leader under their wraps like they did with his daddy, they also know he may be crazy enough to try some stupid shyt like striking a US military base. They know that the US WILL respond with tougher military strikes, if for anything, to satisfy internal politics and send a message to Iran as well as reassure Japan and other US allies, of US military capacity and its ability to defend its allies. (Not even the US president can prevent the US from striking back), Such a response will send several refugees running from North Korea into China and this will be a huge problem for China both in the short and the long term.

I think despite US finances, its ability to print new notes and fund itself through another war should never be underestimated.

I doubt NK has the capacity to strike US bases first, except a false flag... Their leader may be crazy, but he's definitely not suicidal... And I also the US would dare try to use NK as an example to reassure its allies... The US knows NK's capability and I'm sure US wants to protect the millions of South Koreans within NK's missile reach as well...

Honestly, the cold war ended long time ago - and both China and USA need to look for ways to unite the two Korea and let these people live in peace... The reason the US went to the Korean peninsula in the first place was because of the spread of communism, cold war, and the rise of China... Since, they couldn't stop China and China has moved from poverty to becoming a super-power by using NK as a buffer zone against the yanks - it's time for the two super-powers to stop using the Koreans against each other...

And I also don't think China wants US soldiers near its borders with what's going on in SE Asia and South China sea, at the moment... So, I don't think US will dare attack NK... They'll both just keep the sabre rattling on the pages of newspapers and in the media...
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by DeGenius3(m): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2013

who told you that? when Israel ready for them, them go know
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
Edoboy1: you are a fool for callin your country a USELESS nation. May GOD and satan punish u.

Damn!! grin grin grin grin grin

Americophiles are the most dangerous people... grin grin grin

You need to stay neutral, bruv...

It has nothing to do with you - the two countries involved are both right and wrong... undecided undecided
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Dracula27: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
You be real dummy grin grin grin you are suffering from intellectual imbecility smiley smiley smiley try read small, think small before you come talk grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyLWKM oooooo....
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by bookface: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

I doubt NK has the capacity to strike US bases first, except a false flag... Their leader may be crazy, but he's definitely not suicidal... And I also the US would dare try to use NK as an example to reassure its allies... The US knows NK's capability and I'm sure US wants to protect the millions of South Koreans within NK's missile reach as well...

Honestly, the cold war ended long time ago - and both China and USA need to look for ways to unite the two Korea and let these people live in peace... The reason the US went to the Korean peninsula in the first place was because of the spread of communism, cold war, and the rise of China... Since, they couldn't stop China and China has moved from poverty to becoming a super-power by using NK as a buffer zone against the yanks - it's time for the two super-powers to stop using the Koreans against each other...

And I also don't think China wants US soldiers near its borders with what's going on in SE Asia and South China sea, at the moment... So, I don't think US will dare attack NK... They'll both just keep the sabre rattling on the pages of newspapers and in the media...

Yeah, i get what you mean about the sabre rattling, but the situation on the peninsular is so tense at the moment, you could cut it with a knife. Anything could go wrong and things are bound to get ugly quickly from there. I don't think Kim will just wake up one morning and order a strike against South Korea or the US, but i think the efforts to put up some military muscle might lead to situations that may be quickly misinterpreted by the other side and could ignite something much bigger.

The US will not necessarily seek to use North Korea as an example, but if -and a big IF - some shyt hits the fan, the US will be pressed hard for response. Uncle Sam cannot be seen to show weakness, not especially on the doorsteps of the Chinese.

In a way, i think to the Chinese, North Korea is the quintessential unexplained paradigm- simultaneously their greatest source of strength against the west and their greatest source of weakness. China secretly enjoys the fact that they've got a belligerent neighbor that can always act the thug, but China is scared of this thug starting a fight it couldn't handle and throwing the entire peninsular in a disarray. So China likely prefers a status quo somewhere in between.

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by oiseworld: 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
bookface:

Thank u bro,
I laugh when ever I hear about china's military strength, is that all they have? the whole of china's economy is controlled by the west. Because they (west) are the market on which china survives. US will frustrate the hell out of them, what d hell do they have self, if they don't caution NK before it's too late, they might end up funding the war indirectly for the US and still be supporting north Korea on the Inside thereby loosing on both ends.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
Okay! Another war game in the making. The truth is that war is politic. Those nations you think will support Iran and North Korea might change their minds when things turn sour. We have seen that happened in WW1 and WW2.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by larryjayz: 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

Clap for yourself Mr/Mrs misinformed grin

How much is NK to US in firepower? It's only that nuke isn't good war device anymore, it doesn't take 2 nukes to level their land while US won't even feel they lost 2 nukes because of NK and making it easy for china/russia or even South Korea to take over the land. I dey clap for NK oooo, South Korea and other neighboring countries prays dey accept.

Those flat-faced always start it first, they should ask about US retaliations on Jap's December 7, 1941 aggression on Pearl Harbor.
and who told you north korea doesnt have this nuke you are talking about, stop acting like mr know all, have you been to where they produce or store their weapons, una don turn US to small god.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by topmostg: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
I hope the sh1t doesn't hit the fan.

With the beef going on with these two countries, i hope they dont ignite ww111,

cos trust me on this, now that every nation is showin up their nuclear prowess, this might lead to the destruction of the God-forsaken planet....

Just sayin ma mind...
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by bookface: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
all4naija: Okay! Another war game in the making. The truth is that war is politic. Those nations you think will support Iran and North Korea might change their minds when things turn sour. We have seen that happened in WW1 and WW2.

very true!!
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by larryjayz: 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
kwajahafiz:

"deal with that tiny israel" ?.
brother, have you not left ur village yet?.
I am no fan of Israel, but Israel is only held back from anahilating Iran within a week by the USA. only because of a muslim backlash, which Israel dont give a damn about.
Irag under sadam almost razed Iran in the eighties, killing seventy percent of thier foot soldiers. Israel is no joke when it comes to warfare son, u better believe that.
you better learn before you post, or we will all know how not smart you are..lol.
I too know they worry u, and how did u know all these crappy things you are writing??
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
bookface:
Yeah, i get what you mean about the sabre rattling, but the situation on the peninsular is so tense at the moment, you could cut it with a knife. Anything could go wrong and things are bound to get ugly quickly from there. I don't think Kim will just wake up one morning and order a strike against South Korea or the US, but i think the efforts to put up some military muscle might lead to situations that may be quickly misinterpreted by the other side and could ignite something much bigger.

The US will not necessarily seek to use North Korea as an example, but if -and a big IF - some shyt hits the fan, the US will be pressed hard for response. Uncle Sam cannot be seen to show weakness, not especially on the doorsteps of the Chinese.

In a way, i think to the Chinese, North Korea is the quintessential unexplained paradigm- simultaneously their greatest source of strength against the west and their greatest source of weakness. China secretly enjoys the fact that they've got a belligerent neighbor that can always act the thug, but China is scared of this thug starting a fight it couldn't handle and throwing the entire peninsular in a disarray. So China likely prefers a status quo somewhere in between.

I hear that, bro.. The bolded is more reason why the Chinese are playing both sides of the coin.... I doubt any super-power wants Americans and their big guns near its borders... China is already well surrounded as it's by the Americans ad it seems NK is its only buffer-zone against the Americans... If you understand China's quiet rise to the top and how they're playing both sides till they get to where they want to be militarily, you'll understand that China will either support NK directly, or indirectly if the AMericans invade it...

If you remember what happened to Georgia and how the Russians were swift to neutralise its pro-NATO stance in 2008...you'll understand why China will never allow America near its borders... They also used Georgia to show that they might be going through some problems, but they still have the big guns to put their money where their mouth is... George Bush just ranted and other NATO members murmured, but the whole world saw what the "old lady" was capable of...

They need to unite the two Korea and let these people live in peace...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

North Korea Moves Heavy Weapons To Border With South. / 10 Important Political Events In 2019 That Could Affect Global Politics / US Evacuates Diplomats & Their Families, Shuts Embassy In Khartoum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.