Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US (19859 Views)

We Will Take Out The S-400 If A Nato Member Jet Is Hit: Us Defence Chief / Romney's Son: I Wanted To Hit Obama / N.korea Threatens To Finish S.korea In 3-4mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: and who say the japanese wouldnt have beaten the americans if not for the nukes. This time nukes will be matched with nukes
Japan is lucky america used nukes sef... either way they were finished.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
shy-mmex:

I understand your point... However, I'm just trying to counter the posturing about the yanks being the best thing since slice bread... America has never taken on any superpower... Heck, it lost most of its war adventures after the world war 2 - lost in Korea, lost in Vietnam etc.. America is more or less a paper tiger to me until it proves itself against at least a 2nd rate country.... Bullying defenseless countries is just propaganda IMO...

The cold war is over, why is America still in the Korean peninsula?? Why can't the yanks look for ways to unite these two countries and let them live in peace?? Heck, they stay conducting military exercises there almost every 2 months - that's not the right thing to do, to be honest...

Honestly, I don't blame North Korea for standing up for itself - however, I don't agree with how NK is going about it...

I'm inclined to agree with @michaeljones36 here. An all-out war is a lot different than a skirmish. I think that if the US went all out on any of these nations you named they would not be on the map today. Those things were mostly diplomatic maneuvers with other superpowers.

Their ish with Vietnam, for instance, was essentially a fight against the entenchment of the Soviet ideal. One doesn't win against ideals with firepower, one fights ideals with ideals. And their interference in how nations wanted to prosecute their lives is what earned them the bully tag but they were probably just, in their thinking, just trying to help those small nations out. You know Nigeria is thought of the same way in Africa. It's a love-hate relationship between any given bog nation and small nations.

About America's presence in that part of the world, if you could, would you protect your interests on site? I have reservations regarding their choice but I understand their pragmatism. The richer and more powerful a nation is, the more and more powerful their enemies are. And if you could do anything to keep potential dangers checked, you probably would. As long as they're in that neck of the woods, they can feel a bit easier about China, at least.

As for uniting the two Koreas, you can't force siblings to become friends. Perhaps you can correct me, but I understand that it's dangerous to skip over the border as a North Korean into South Korea if you have family still living in North Korea. What can America or even China do to unite them? North Korea, unless I'm mistaken, is the Kim family's personal fief.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Ubenedictus(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Michaeljones36: In the future...

India will be a military superpower
China will be a military superpower
Russia will be a military superpower
Europe will be a military superpower (the EU)
The US will be a military superpower
Brazil will be a military superpower (if they ever fully implement their nuclear weapons program)

The real question is...where is Africa on this list?
actually my dear the way i see it, in the future most if not all the above superpowers would have distroyed themselves. Africa becomes d next superpower.

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
After WW3 Africa will rise again! cheesy
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Allenkee: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=16pt]LETS GO DIER[/size]. grin grin
[size=18pt]THIS IS WHAT HAV BEEN WAITING FOR[/size]. grin grin
LET THEM ENGAGE THE U.S SO THAT IRAN CAN DEAL WITH DAT TINY ISRAEL. grin grin
[size=20pt]ISRAEL HAS BEEN HIDING UNDER U.S SKIRT TO MAKE MOUTH[/size].

I'm sorry for you, if you know what Israel is capable of even without the US, you will definitely feel sorry for Iran
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Ubenedictus(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: Japan is lucky america used nukes sef... either way they were finished.

my dear, this is very untrue!! Strategically and technically japan had the advantage, for all intent and purposes america was as good as asking for a treaty. The thing nobody saw coming were the nukes!! Why do you think d U. S would use d nukes at that time. Infact is was a desperate move to shift the advantage.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: As for the relative power of all the nations; the only strong allies were the U.S, U.K and the Soviet Union. The USSR was the strongest and the United States was well aware of this. General Paton (the head of the American army) even asked the president to spare the weakened Germany and attack the "mongoloid" Russians with nuclear weapons if need be.

The american government refused, and decided to concentrate on germany

By the time the war was over the Soviet military was much larger than Americas and it was clear that there would be a stand off between the two super-powers. When Russia got nukes, it became the cold war. I think the U.S should have attacked Russia when they had the chance.

America waited so long to enter the war because the public was not in support of it, The United States was actually trying to adopt isolationist policies after WW1, where billions of dollars in war debts were never repaid.

A few questions then:

1. How did joining the war help tje issue of debts like you earlier pointed out? I'm not really sure if you meant to reiterate that point with the last sentence in your post.

2. I don't think I'm completely right, but I consider that the UK was in a bad way during that war and was pretty close to getting run over by Germany. So I wonder if they belo.g in the list of strong allies. However, we know why they were in the war: they opposed Hitler's bid to annex all of Europe. So she went to war out of both a sense of responsibility and confisence in her strength. And she did so early. I think the USSR joined pretty late, why did she?

3. Why would the US have felt threatened by the USSR back then especially considering the isolationist policies you mentioned? I base that question on the assumption that it is true indeed that she was advised to attack the Soviet Union. I don't know that it is in fact true.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
1. How did joining the war help tje issue of debts like you earlier pointed out? I'm not really sure if you meant to reiterate that point with the last sentence in your post.
American companies & the U.S gov were giving the U.K war materials like raw steel etc and money on credit for their war effort. I also assume they were accepting British notes as payment for their services. If Britain fell that would not only mean this money was useless, but that Britain could not pay back the money it owed the United states.

My last post was to explain why the United States was so hesitant to enter the the war militarily. This was because 2 decades earlier, in WW1, the exact same situation occured, but that time the European allies refused to pay their debts. This is partially why the American government was so hesitant to get involved in European affairs during WW2. However, the war financing was mainly done by the private sector, outside of the governments control.

The U.S government could not afford to let its companies loose so much money if the allies fell so they entered the war. (With other reasons of course)

2. I don't think I'm completely right, but I consider that the UK was in a bad way during that war and was pretty close to getting run over by Germany. So I wonder if they belo.g in the list of strong allies. However, we know why they were in the war: they opposed Hitler's bid to annex all of Europe. So she went to war out of both a sense of responsibility and confisence in her strength. And she did so early. I think the USSR joined pretty late, why did she?
I guess you could say that... but an unfairly high burden was placed on the U.K because of the French capitulation so early in the war. While the British were beaten pretty badly in France, they managed to fight back the German Air-force in The battle of Britain holding off the German Advance in the west front. This was very important.

The USSR joined the War because Germany Attacked them. This was despite a treaty the two nations had, and it was Hitler's worst mistake. If he had not attacked the Soviets he would have won the war.

3. Why would the US have felt threatened by the USSR back then especially considering the isolationist policies you mentioned? I base that question on the assumption that it is true indeed that she was advised to attack the Soviet Union. I don't know that it is in fact true.
It was the fear of communism. Every western nation, including germany, was afraid of the threat posed by increased communist influence both domestically and internationally. Keep in mind the west was in a huge world-wide depression and there was a real threat of communism taking hold in the united states itself.

Back then it looked like capitalism would fail, and the status quo wanted to do anything to stop this.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by collins123(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=14pt]This is one damn interesting thread! One of the bestest in 2013, I assure you![/size]
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
^ agreed

@ihedinobi This is Winston Churchill's plan to invade Russia it was called Operation unthinkable, Paton was in support of this plan

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/572261/posts
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: while i believe that north korea is simply trying to threathen the U.S i doubt a 3rd world war won't affect the U. S that much. England will support the U. S but doubt all europe will do same!!

You're kidding, right? You really think the EU will turn her back on the US? Wanna venture a guess why?

Russia will be in trouble since europe in in its south, the asian countries will help securing its pacific boder.

I'm sure I don't understand what you are saying here. How will Russia be in trouble because she has Europe south of her if the EU won't back the US? Why wjll her Asian neighbors help to secure her Pacific border? Because they like her?

U S on the otherhand has made interesting enemies in its south, those countries may not actively participate but they'll allow d enemies of the U. S to use them as lauching pads.

Which countries can serve as some examples and how are you sure that their hatred for the US will outweigh their concern for any other consequence of allying themselves with America's enemies?

All in all, isreal will be isolated, asia will use the U. S base in the region for target practice, isreal's neighbour will team up and teach isreal a lesson.

Israel will be isolated? Ok, I can accept that she will be, but I'm gaping at her neighbor's ganging up to teach her a lesson. I wonder if you know either the history or current happenings of and in that region. I said the region will explode becaise that part of the world is about the least predictable except for the fact that Israel will beat the hell out of anyone in that region that attacks them. If for some weird reason, the Arabs actually form a successful alliance to take on Israel, things will get really simple.

In such an event, there'll be just two sides: Israel and the Arabs and the Arabs aren't a safe bet even then. But should they in fact beat Israel, they'll instantly turn on each other.

The more likely event however is that Israel will try to confuse the alliance and the fight will grow messy. Then Israel might pick them off one by one or just watch them kill each other off and help by killing anyone that runs her way. However, Israel might survive with very severe and deep wounds. Because in royal rumbles, just about any freaking thing can happen.

Pro russian american states will engage Pro american European states and russia will be pulling its weight to protect its allies. China, japan will protect d pacific fontiers and will have no problem joining to isolate U. S base in the area and attacking europe. Russia's main pre occupation will be the U. S, the atlantic frontier will be the battle field. Cuba, venezuela and co will serve as bases against the U S and d U S will take pleasure in crushing them. At the end i don't think the present world powers will still be world powers.

Honestly, the above didn't make a lot of sense to me. When I think you're saying that US allies will act to protect America, you end up saying they'll in fact fight America. When I think you're going to show how pro-Russian American states are going to will feature I get something that doesn't quite make sense.

Why would South American states go to war across the ocean just cos they hate America? It makes more sense that they should attack America herself next door. But then US allies also next door will beat the crap out of them for trying. You thought of Canada and, at least, Brazil, didn't you when you were typing? On the American continents, one of them is a military heavyweight too and the other is a budding heavywweight.

On the Pacific front, why would Japan want to "isolate" US bases? A major breakdown of peace in that region is a good excuse for them to go to war with China. And Taiwan and Nepal are two other formidable enemies that China has. One, as far as I know, Nepal, is occupied by China. Taiwan is not recognized by China to be a country in her right but she holds that she is sovereign from China. She would take a piece of the action against China. South Korea has more reason to fight on America's side against China than against America. However she should be occupied with North Korea.

Russia will have to face the EU and all the small nations that surround her and don't like her.

At least, America will emerge still a major player but I think China and Russia will be very badly hurt by such a war. Europe will be hurt too, but she'll still be there. The Middle East may vanish completely or one or two badly damaged nations will survive. Africa will just die from the fallouts of the war, nuclear and otherwise.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: American companies & the U.S gov were giving the U.K war materials like raw steel etc and money on credit for their war effort. I also assume they were accepting British notes as payment for their services. If Britain fell that would not only mean this money was useless, but that Britain could not pay back the money it owed the United states.

My last post was to explain why the United States was so hesitant to enter the the war militarily. This was because 2 decades earlier, in WW1, the exact same situation occured, but that time the European allies refused to pay their debts. This is partially why the American government was so hesitant to get involved in European affairs during WW2. However, the war financing was mainly done by the private sector, outside of the governments control.

The U.S government could not afford to let its companies loose so much money if the allies fell so they entered the war. (With other reasons of course)

Ok. I get this but then they had to have some reason to believe that entering the war should end in their favor. Why did they believe that? It's the early forties and everyone had muscle so why did the US feel confident that entering the war would result in their favor?

I guess you could say that... but an unfairly high burden was placed on the U.K because of the French capitulation so early in the war. While the British were beaten pretty badly in France, they managed to fight back the German Air-force in The battle of Britain holding off the German Advance in the west front. This was very important.

The USSR joined the War because Germany Attacked them. This was despite a treaty the two nations had, and it was Hitler's worst mistake. If he had not attacked the Soviets he would have won the war.

Ok. I agree with all of this. Now, my curiosity is why the Soviet Union stayed out of the war at first. The UK might have ultimately lost, America might have stayed out and Europe would have fallen completely to Hitler. If that had happened, I find it really curious that Russia should have thought that any treaty would keep her safe from such a giant and powerful neighbor.

If Russia had a chance at all against Germany, shouldn't she have thrown in her lot on England's side to prevent the rise of a powerful empire right at her window? Why didn't she fight sooner?

It was the fear of communism. Every western nation, including germany, was afraid of the threat posed by increased communist influence both domestically and internationally. Keep in mind the west was in a huge world-wide depression and there was a real threat of communism taking hold in the united states itself.

Back then it looked like capitalism would fail, and the status quo wanted to do anything to stop this.

I get this but I didn't realize that communism was a serious enough problem to warrant war in the late thirties/early forties. If it's true, then there's good ground for your answer.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by KayDee4: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: General Macarthur wanted to end the Korean war by attacking China with nukes. Aren't you glad they didn't?

America has its hands tied, if it act too aggressivly people like you will demonize it, if it act to passively people demonize it too

I tire o, people criticise the US for 'meddling' in other countries' affairs but when things get out of hand (like it did in Rwanda), they also criticise them for not getting involved.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by KayDee4: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
US got in cos they were(and still are) pro-Britain - Churchill was almost crying for help, Hitler was conquering european territories at an alarming rate and fear of the Soviets taking over and instilling communism in Europe if they made it through.

They were reluctant to get in at first because of the opposition at home but when they attacked the Japs in retaliation for the P.harbour bombings, Hitler foolishly declared war (he signed the tripartite treaty, so he had to) on the US.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2013

Ok. I get this but then they had to have some reason to believe that entering the war should end in their favor. Why did they believe that? It's the early forties and everyone had muscle so why did the US feel confident that entering the war would result in their favor?
Well they had no choice but to enter the war, they were attacked at pearl harbor, they had financial interest, and the public supported military response.

As for the war in Europe, i don't think defeat was a real fear for the Americans. The main worry was how many lives victory would cost. Germany had been massively weakend by fighting all of Europe at the same time and defeat at Stalingrad meant their eastern flank was collapsing. All this while the U.S was fresh and morale was high. In addition to this, American military industry was probably the most productive in the world at this point, due to the fact that it wasn't being bombed for the last 5 years.

Ok. I agree with all of this. Now, my curiosity is why the Soviet Union stayed out of the war at first. The UK might have ultimately lost, America might have stayed out and Europe would have fallen completely to Hitler. If that had happened, I find it really curious that Russia should have thought that any treaty would keep her safe from such a giant and powerful neighbor.

If Russia had a chance at all against Germany, shouldn't she have thrown in her lot on England's side to prevent the rise of a powerful empire right at her window? Why didn't she fight sooner?
The Soviets had signed a deals with Germany called the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact and The Secret Protocol. These basically agreed to let the Russians split eastern Europe with the Nazis after the Germans has won the war. They were also going to supply each other with food and heavy equiptment during the fighting

The Russians almost thought of themselves in "cohoots" with the Germans and they were caught completely off guard when Germany attacked. It was such a suicidal move that i don't think anyone could have anticipated it. Keep in mind that is the exact same way Germany lost WWI
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tell the yanks to stay at home and unite the two Korea...

The Chinese are coming... grin
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: Well they had no choice but to enter the war, they were attacked at pearl harbor, they had financial interest, and the public supported military response.

As for the war in Europe, i don't think defeat was a real fear for the Americans. The main worry was how many lives victory would cost. Germany had been massively weakend by fighting all of Europe at the same time and defeat at Stalingrad meant their eastern flank was collapsing. All this while the U.S was fresh and morale was high. In addition to this, American military industry was probably the most productive in the world at this point, due to the fact that it wasn't being bombed for the last 5 years.

The part about Pearl Harbor is the explanation I always had for why the US entered the war and Churchill's relentless request for help from them. That was why I got curious about the asssertion that Russia could have won the war for Europe.

If she could have, why did a reluctant America have to get in? Pearl Harbor wasn't sufficient as an explanation because if America declared war on Japan, she needn't have been in Europe as well, in my opinion unless as a result of having to deal with Japan's allies.

I considered Winston Churchill's relentless begging (by the way, I don't think I ever established firmly that he did in fact plead relentlessly for America's help) as the ultimate reason for America's presence in Europe. Pearl Harbor only served as a good excuse to get there, as far as I was concerned. But your answers make a lot more sense, I suppose.

The Soviets had signed a deals with Germany called the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact and The Secret Protocol. These basically agreed to let the Russians split eastern Europe with the Nazis after the Germans has won the war. They were also going to supply each other with food and heavy equiptment during the fighting

The Russians almost thought of themselves in "cohoots" with the Germans and they were caught completely off guard when Germany attacked. It was such a suicidal move that i don't think anyone could have anticipated it. Keep in mind that is the exact same way Germany lost WWI

Yeah, I know about WW1, that's why the story always confuses me. Germany losing to Russia twice for the same reason. Tough to imagine that.

Anyhow, I can see why neither the US nor the UK would have liked to see Russia win that war. They'd just have gone on to annex Germany and the nations she defeated to themselves. And eventually tried to finish the campaign Hitler started.

But how come they lost as many personnel as @michaeljones36 pointed out if they were that strong?
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by smajatt(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
shy-mmex:

For all the theoretical American propaganda in the east - the Iskander missile alone will negate NATO's advancement in the east... Everything is just to bully defenceless and little countries... Where was NATO when Russia's reservists and their weakest Army regiment pummelled Georgia George Bush ranted and the other NATO countries murmured, but nothing happened... They had to send Sarkozy to Moscow a few times to plead with Putin... grin

Why's NATO scared of direct confrontation is Syria Tell them to declare a no-fly zone there to save humanity and see if the Russians won't use their fighter jets for target practice... You know the Russians are in Tartus, right?? And they deployed a few Iskander missiles there to counter the less efficient American Patriot missiles...

America is more or less a paper tiger, to be honest... Let's all pray against a wider war - the US is too immature to take on countries with years of experience in fighting wars... The yanks just like claiming everyone's glory as theirs like they claimed World war 2... every sane person knows that the Russians won that war for Europe...

dude u ar a slowpoke,do u think the US was stupid wen it went to war with Iraq?ooooo and u really think Russia won the war in Europe during WW2,dude u nid to read extensively,i thing about the US is that they are reasonable,they think and act on both positive and negative,the US knows what the effect of a global scale war means,take osama bin laden for example,the Us actually killed that guy on Pakistan territory without Pakistan even knowing what was going on in there backyard,dude who does that if not the US,who has military base in 130 countries if not the US,who has control over the GPS technology if nt the US.Man don't just open ur mouth and talk and FYI there is a law that guides modern warfare,just pray that there isn't any cause for a global warfare belive then would u really know what this guys are capable of,and as for Russia well i have to give it to them they are 1 son of a fucker,they are very strong too and determined but stupid,do u know that during the cold war American pushed Russia into a nuclear race to the point that Russians started starving and America as wise as she is she would announce to Russia we now have 20 war heads whereas its only 10 they built,now stupid Russsia will race into building 50 making them to spend there resources on nuclear heads....blah blah blah but my point is after putting Russia into a frenzy race the same US that started the race now made propaganda videos of the good lives americans lived and send it into russia making the starved Russian population turn against there goverment who in turn had to now com back to UN for help,now who has influence in UN if nt the US....dude dnt let us just start tokin political history.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: my dear, this is very untrue!! Strategically and technically japan had the advantage, for all intent and purposes america was as good as asking for a treaty. The thing nobody saw coming were the nukes!! Why do you think d U. S would use d nukes at that time. Infact is was a desperate move to shift the advantage.

Why Jap surprising aggression over Pearl Harbor and other European territories in the Pacific Ocean?
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by smajatt(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You're kidding, right? You really think the EU will turn her back on the US? Wanna venture a guess why?

I'm sure I don't understand what you are saying here. How will Russia be in trouble because she has Europe south of her if the EU won't back the US? Why wjll her Asian neighbors help to secure her Pacific border? Because they like her?

Which countries can serve as some examples and how are you sure that their hatred for the US will outweigh their concern for any other consequence of allying themselves with America's enemies?

Israel will be isolated? Ok, I can accept that she will be, but I'm gaping at her neighbor's ganging up to teach her a lesson. I wonder if you know either the history or current happenings of and in that region. I said the region will explode becaise that part of the world is about the least predictable except for the fact that Israel will beat the hell out of anyone in that region that attacks them. If for some weird reason, the Arabs actually form a successful alliance to take on Israel, things will get really simple.

In such an event, there'll be just two sides: Israel and the Arabs and the Arabs aren't a safe bet even then. But should they in fact beat Israel, they'll instantly turn on each other.

The more likely event however is that Israel will try to confuse the alliance and the fight will grow messy. Then Israel might pick them off one by one or just watch them kill each other off and help by killing anyone that runs her way. However, Israel might survive with very severe and deep wounds. Because in royal rumbles, just about any freaking thing can happen.

Honestly, the above didn't make a lot of sense to me. When I think you're saying that US allies will act to protect America, you end up saying they'll in fact fight America. When I think you're going to show how pro-Russian American states are going to will feature I get something that doesn't quite make sense.

Why would South American states go to war across the ocean just cos they hate America? It makes more sense that they should attack America herself next door. But then US allies also next door will beat the crap out of them for trying. You thought of Canada and, at least, Brazil, didn't you when you were typing? On the American continents, one of them is a military heavyweight too and the other is a budding heavywweight.

On the Pacific front, why would Japan want to "isolate" US bases? A major breakdown of peace in that region is a good excuse for them to go to war with China. And Taiwan and Nepal are two other formidable enemies that China has. One, as far as I know, Nepal, is occupied by China. Taiwan is not recognized by China to be a country in her right but she holds that she is sovereign from China. She would take a piece of the action against China. South Korea has more reason to fight on America's side against China than against America. However she should be occupied with North Korea.

Russia will have to face the EU and all the small nations that surround her and don't like her.

At least, America will emerge still a major player but I think China and Russia will be very badly hurt by such a war. Europe will be hurt too, but she'll still be there. The Middle East may vanish completely or one or two badly damaged nations will survive. Africa will just die from the fallouts of the war, nuclear and otherwise.
lols africa always on the latter......

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by ikweremilitant: 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
are u stll going to employ ur ancestors to fight isreal
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by bobbydbobo: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ihedinobi:

A few questions then:

. Well its of worth to note like sum1 rightly replied u, that d failure of european nations to pay their debts to US for their aid in d 1st world war, made US retreat into isolationism. However, the united states saw britain, a strong ally falling(though not the main reason) they decided to aid britain and abandon neutrality. The first thing was to appropriate a large amount(about 7billion) to lend weapons nd other aids to them.,( an avenue to have (an after war economic buoyancy). The Ussr however joined against Germany due to the fact that Germany broke the Molotov-ribbentrop pact,this pact was a non aggression treaty, in an event of war and also the joint share of parts of poland and eastern europe, this was comfortable for Ussr as it felt it didn't nid to go to war with either of the warring parties and still have eastern Europe as a sphere of influence. This feeling got sour when Germany took over spheres of influence that belonged to USSr in eastern europe and even attacked ussr. The funny thing thre however was that despite the alliance wiv USSr, d US had their plans due to the fact that Ussr was still not trusted, from time immemorial for basically ideological reasons and its manifestations, like the Molotov ribbentrop pact. Ussr was strategiCally made to bear the brunt of the war by giving it a position where they lost so much soldiers compared to US, also, the end of the war brought 2 things, 1 : a bipolar world, making the US and the USSR strong and rich from the war, and also brought a mutual mistrust for both ideologies were in conflict. Us therefore in a bid to strengthen European nations that were vulnerable to communism and to avoid the "Domino effect, assisted these nations through the Truman doctrine and the marshall plan,forms of containment policy to curb the influence of Ussr. The bombing of hiroshima nd nagazaki also had a significant effect, the birth of Arms race and Nuclear weapons race btw d two countries, bringing about the Mutual assured destruction in an event of an all out nuclear war, leaving nations to alternative weapons of war : Detterence! That Ushered in the cold war... NB: pple kip repeating the statement that Nuclear bombs were used on hiroshima and nagazaki. This is wrong! There has neva been a nuclear war or usage on one another, all these nations know the effect and implication that's y they make use of detterence nd strong diplomacy. The bombs that were used were atomic bombs. God forbid an all out nuclear war...
Nd for those comparing US nd NKs capabilities, its just so funny. If the US want to wipe NK out, theylld do it with no sweat, biliv it or not, but both won't do it, such aggressive disturbances are known to happen few times over a long period of time.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by waldigit: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
LET THEM ENGAGE THE U.S SO THAT [color=# 990000]IRAN[/color] CAN DEAL WITH DAT TINY ISRAEL. grin grin

this is your problem as diagnosed.
You suffer from chronic bad dream syndrome with acute religiuos bigotry! I recommend you Go back to school and study polical history ASAP.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by topmostg: 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
shy-mmex:

Obviously, the guy who answered the question is an ex US marine, what do you expect him to say Military isn't about spending power - it's about how effective you're and the loyalty/discipline of your combatants.... Most of US military spending is on foreign bases they don't really need and bogus things... The US just grounded F-35s - do you how much it wasted on the project alone The F-22s are still there with oxygen problems...

For every $1million the US spends on a fighter jet - the Chinese spends probably a tenth of that on the same project, and the way the strategise is more effective than the US or A... Like they say: "defense is the best form of attack"... and China military defense strategy is arguably the best in the world... Don't even get me started with the Russians and what Messr Putin has started for the modernisation of the Russian military - everyone needs to be scared, trust me.... For all of the yanks wasteful military spending - the Russians still have the best ICBM technology in the world... and also the most effective missile defense technology... Perhaps, you were asleep when the Russians tested a new ICBM last year.... heck, the Israelis thought the ICBM was a UFO...

Even the hyped drones are becoming obsolete after the Iranians stay capturing them, and getting the technology for free... The yanks now escort all their drones in the gulf with fighter jets.... So, what's the point of having drones when you still have to get a couple of fighter jets to follow it everywhere?? Another wasteful military adventurism...

Don't believe the hype - all the superpowers(USA, China and RUssia - UK and FRance are irrelevant) have big guns and they can all inflict collateral damage on one another...

We all need to pray against war because when shiit hits the fan - it'll be maximum destruction for everyone involved...

well said bro....
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
smajatt:
dude u ar a slowpoke,do u think the US was stupid wen it went to war with Iraq?ooooo and u really think Russia won the war in Europe during WW2,dude u nid to read extensively,i thing about the US is that they are reasonable,they think and act on both positive and negative,the US knows what the effect of a global scale war means,take osama bin laden for example,the Us actually killed that guy on Pakistan territory without Pakistan even knowing what was going on in there backyard,dude who does that if not the US,who has military base in 130 countries if not the US,who has control over the GPS technology if nt the US.Man don't just open ur mouth and talk and FYI there is a law that guides modern warfare,just pray that there isn't any cause for a global warfare belive then would u really know what this guys are capable of,and as for Russia well i have to give it to them they are 1 son of a fucker,they are very strong too and determined but stupid,do u know that during the cold war American pushed Russia into a nuclear race to the point that Russians started starving and America as wise as she is she would announce to Russia we now have 20 war heads whereas its only 10 they built,now stupid Russsia will race into building 50 making them to spend there resources on nuclear heads....blah blah blah but my point is after putting Russia into a frenzy race the same US that started the race now made propaganda videos of the good lives americans lived and send it into russia making the starved Russian population turn against there goverment who in turn had to now com back to UN for help,now who has influence in UN if nt the US....dude dnt let us just start tokin political history.

Who's this dyslexic clown?? And can't you quote me without name-calling?? When I decide to ether you for your stupidity, everyone is going to start saying shymmex is confrontational - and you'll start following me around the forum like I stole your toy smfdh...

Hell yeah, US won Europe against the powerful Nazis - yet it was unable to win against the weaker Japanese(their real enemy)... and had to play dirty by dropping two nuclear bombs on the country, no grin

The US is so powerful, it had to bribe Saddam's Iraqi Army Generals and the Republican guards with billions of dollars before invading the country, no?(It's well documented)... Only to end up losing in Iraq as well despite sending Fallujah back to the stone age and killing millions of Iraqis...

The US is powerful, it dropped more bombs on Vietnam than the allied combined used during World War 2, yet it ran out of Vietnam with its tail between its legs, no?? grin

The US is so powerful, poor China of the 50s chased it from its borders to where the present day Korean peninsula is, no?? grin

I'm tired of arguing with kids - we all just need pray that these superpowers don't get us into another world war... However, it looks inevitable, since that's the only way another superpower(sole power) will emerge... Till then, stay hyping up a paper tiger with superficial strength... undecided
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Let me leave you lot with quotes by Winston Churchill(and hell yeah, I've got a poppy pin on my chest lol):

- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts(do the yanks have the courage of the Russians and Chinese when it counts? - Hell NO!).

- Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events… incompetent or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprise, awful miscalculations.

- I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.

- To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war.

May God help us all! wink
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
dont joke with the israel. They have an eternal promise made by God...they are military strategists. They have survived and ruled in the midst of 23 arab nations that want to wipe them off the surface of the earth.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by devour129: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
Kay-Dee:
The US will be secretly wishing that none of these hot spots (Syria, Iran, Mali and N.Korea) boils over the red line; they would rather not get into any senseless war, they are not ready for another one (psychologically / financially). They haven't recovered from the Iraq-Afghanistan fiasco, the economy is still very shaky, they can't even pay returning and wounded vets, 10 yrs after the Iraqi invasion, people are still outraged that they got into it in the first place; but if it comes down to the 'come down', they wont hesitate to delete North Korea from the world map.

. . . . . and as long as we have troublesome countries and terrorist who may one day just decide to nuke themselves and take the whole world along, I don't mind having the US do world policing duties.
GBAM ! Some body has to do the dirty work and USA is doing it.this is the only way there will be sanity in the world.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by cap28: 1:10am On Mar 28, 2013
interesting video on nuclear testing - 1945-1998

Guess who the biggest culprit was and still is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAnqRQg-W0k
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by ojialo(m): 2:06am On Mar 28, 2013
israel is capable of defending its territory so close ur gutter mouth.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 5:29am On Mar 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Yeah, I know about WW1, that's why the story always confuses me. Germany losing to Russia twice for the same reason. Tough to imagine that.

Anyhow, I can see why neither the US nor the UK would have liked to see Russia win that war. They'd just have gone on to annex Germany and the nations she defeated to themselves. And eventually tried to finish the campaign Hitler started.

But how come they lost as many personnel as @michaeljones36 pointed out if they were that strong?
Yea i agree, a Europe controlled by Russia would probably be almost as bad as a Nazi Europe. Plus it would be communist

But anyway, the Russians practiced 'Attrition warfare.' This is a term that basically means they swarmed the enemy with superior numbers, sometime only issuing one gun per 2 troops. The strategy was so effective because the Soviet Unions population was gigantic and the Germans were running out of young men near the end of the war.

Further Soviet losses were caused by the harsh russian climate and cruel governmental policies like not allowing civilians to leave besieged cities, even when they became the frontline.

Ihedinobi:
The part about Pearl Harbor is the explanation I always had for why the US entered the war and Churchill's relentless request for help from them. That was why I got curious about the asssertion that Russia could have won the war for Europe.

If she could have, why did a reluctant America have to get in? Pearl Harbor wasn't sufficient as an explanation because if America declared war on Japan, she needn't have been in Europe as well, in my opinion unless as a result of having to deal with Japan's allies.

I considered Winston Churchill's relentless begging (by the way, I don't think I ever established firmly that he did in fact plead relentlessly for America's help) as the ultimate reason for America's presence in Europe. Pearl Harbor only served as a good excuse to get there, as far as I was concerned. But your answers make a lot more sense, I suppose.
Yea, Peal Harbor made the war in Japan a necessity. The government simply used the wave of public anger and patriotism to enter the war in Europe aswell.

As i mentioned earlier, the American Governments wanted to fight Hitler war because of financial interest, geo-policatal interests etc. But before pearl harbor they were unable to enter because public opinion was against it.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by true2god: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2013
pleep: So true, i thought i was the only one who believed this.

The Russians could have probably taken on Germany alone after the defeat of the 6th army at stalingrad.
The Russian alone wouldnt have survive the Nazi onslaught without the support of the US in the supply of food, winter cloths, arms, and transport trucks (to move soldiers frm siberia to stalingrad as fast as possible to replace all destroyed platoons). The Russian airforce was a big mess at the start of the German invasion as their airforce almost collapsed to the superior German luftwaff, but the more experienced British RAF came to the rescue.

And remember, the Germans were fighting the US airforce and the British airforce in the west and at the same time facing the Russian tanks and steam rollers in the east. If the Germans do not make the mistake of fighting a war on two fronts, there is no way the Russian CAN single-handedly beat them. And for your information the Russians alone had one-third of the entire casualty during the second world war.

The defeat of the Germans was a joint effort of many countries and not only the Russians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

North Korea Moves Heavy Weapons To Border With South. / 10 Important Political Events In 2019 That Could Affect Global Politics / Hamas Military Chief Killed In Israeli Airstrike, War Says Hamas!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.