Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (14771 Views)

Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva / South African Universities / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Torch1(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2013
AWKA — THE Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, has emerged winners of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Imperial Barrel Award competed by African universities.

The university came first, scoring 79.33 percent, while Helwan University, Egypt and the Federal University of Technology,Akure came second and third respectively.

Eight universities in Nigeria participated in the competition, including Federal University of Technology, Owerri; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin; Enugu State University of Science and Technology; Nnamdi Azikiwe University; Federal University of Technology, Akure; University of Ibadan and University of Calabar.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/unizik-wins-geo-sciences-competition-among-african-universities/

6 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Torch1(m): 11:35am On Mar 26, 2013
Great news!

Mods, front page material.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Odunnu: 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
We took the 1st and 3rd positions! Quite impressive.
Next time we'll give no room to the Egyptians. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by survivor10(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
ZIKITES have sent a clear message to unis all over Africa dt we r nt called GIANTS 4 mouth~oda unis take note~

28 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 10:55am On Mar 27, 2013
UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.

6 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Dubemkelly(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to non in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.
WORD!!! Gr8 IFE

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by aryzgreat: 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
Great Unizik!

Pride of the state and of our nation!

Fountain of Knowledge and of wisdom!

Source of our hope and confidence!

Where freedom through education we gain!

With reverence we honour you!

Our Unizik! Our Unizik!

where we learn Discipline, Self reliance and excellence!

Great Unizik! We do hail you! We do hail youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Greatest! Giants! Great!

Am a proud alumnus of Graet Unizik!, Representing Wilderness faculty (Engineering). we rock! D uni of choice wia 5 yrs is spent for 5 yrs course without ASUU strike! Kudos ma alma mater!

47 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dubemkelly:
WORD!!! Gr8 IFE
NA GREATEST IFE O!
Na zik and co dey gat great!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by EagleNest(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Fantastic feat. Living up to their name - GIANTS!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Okijajuju1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
But that school is a shithole?! shocked shocked

I am very very surprised..

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to non in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.

Abeg be quiet, did they restrict them from participating from the award? Instead of you to be happy for them and for Nigeria in particular, you're here with your bad bellerism giving nonsense bullshitt..Abeg waka comot for this thread..

@topic, Nigerian education system isn't as terrible as people put it, this shows that if investment is made into Nigerian education, we'll def be leading the entire Africa in Advanced Research and Development.

9 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
The only reason this can be true is because some Ikemba was on the panel grin tongue
Unilag didn't win it? I don't believe the story. Source? cool
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by tspun(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
men i love dat sku. But wait o were south african day as dem fit say dem smart reach . congrat to my winner
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Okija_juju: But that school is a shithole?! shocked shocked

I am very very surprised..
can anything good come out of your stinking mouth? hell no!

My kid sister should be very proud of her school especially the Geology department. Congrats to Unizik.

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: can anything come out of your stinking mouth? hell no!

My kid sister should be very proud of her school especially the Geology department. Congrats to Unizik.

This is CONFIRMED... I officially know who you are. grin
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by edujoy(m): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
aryzgreat: Great Unizik!

Pride of the state and of our nation!

Fountain of Knowledge and of wisdom!

Source of our hope and confidence!

Where freedom through education we gain!

With reverence we honour you!

Our Unizik! Our Unizik!

where we learn Discipline, Self reliance and excellence!

Great Unizik! We do hail you! We do hail youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Greatest! Giants! Great!

Am a proud alumnus of Graet Unizik!, Representing Wilderness faculty (Engineering). we rock! D uni of choice wia 5 yrs is spent for 5 yrs course without ASUU strike! Kudos ma alma mater!

Yeah my alma Mata
The seat of science and center for the arts
We do hail thee

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Ezegozie(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2013

they were not qualified

5 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
manny4life:

This is CONFIRMED... I officially know who you are. grin
lol obiora! just between me and you. cool

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
victorD3: Rubbish thread

Why is it "Rubbish Thread"? Woe betide anyone trying hard to make Nigerian proud with people like you.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: lol obiora! just between me and you. cool

Don't worry, your secret is SAFE with me... grin grin
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
manny4life:

Abeg be quiet, did they restrict them from participating from the award? Instead of you to be happy for them and for Nigeria in particular, you're here with your bad bellerism giving nonsense bullshitt..Abeg waka comot for this thread..
men don't compete with boys!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by SlyIg(f): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
My special shout out to all the Zikites in the house.
Great Zikites...
Long Live Prof. Egboka...
Long Live Unizik Lecturers...
Long Live SlyIg...

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Dubemkelly(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
CONGRATS 2 Zikites, dey repped well tho I rep OAU 2 da street
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Jenticles(f): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
Awesome
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ezegozie:

they were not qualified
can you provide the link to the qualification? Will be very glad!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by lukzy500: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
Good development .it university of Lagos who came second last year and 2 Egyptian universities .Congratulations to Nigerian school.its not easy to use petrel dey must av gone thru series of sleepless nights..................
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: men don't compete with boys!

Well if that's the case, u failed on your own rule and reasoning.

Read it again, then tell me what your flaw was
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by boron10(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
UNIBEN wasn't in the competition. Thank God, our pride is intact. Congratulations to all UNIZIK students and ex students. Congratulations to Nigerians. We are proud of this country however shitty. BTW, was there no Ghanaian university in the competition? undecided

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Carinaflo(f): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Greatest Giants!.............Great!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Education Beyond Certificate / Study And Earn With SIIT Corporate Training / Which University Is Most Renowned For Cultism In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.