Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me (1018 Views)

My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me by USAMarshal: 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
I am trying to remember a book I read many years ago while still in Nigeria. It's about a very poor child, I think his mum was deceased and his father married a new wife who was mean to him. He went to boarding school and the intimidation and oppression from wealthier classmates was overwhelming for him. I think at the end he overcame these situations. The book must have been published under the african writers series or longman or some press in ibadan. Please if you have any idea of the novel I described please drop your response.Thanks
Re: Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me by USAMarshal: 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
please respond people
Re: Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me by ocee31(m): 12:21am On Mar 27, 2013
I thinks its the village boy can't really remember though.
Re: Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me by franciseromosel(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
USAMarshal: I am trying to remember a book I read many years ago while still in Nigeria. It's about a very poor child, I think his mum was deceased and his father married a new wife who was mean to him. He went to boarding school and the intimidation and oppression from wealthier classmates was overwhelming for him. I think at the end he overcame these situations. The book must have been published under the african writers series or longman or some press in ibadan. Please if you have any idea of the novel I described please drop your response.Thanks

Its "Village boy" published by Mcmillan Winners or so.Its about a village boy that managed to pass his common entrance into a major city school.He entered the school and he didn't find it easy at all.Like there was a time he was dipping his bread into a cup of tea(I stopped doing dat after reading the book in primary 6).When the class was to introduce themselves at d beginning of the session,he stood up and said "my name is Josefu Ibe".Everyone bursted into laughter including one mischievous boy dat proved to be Joseph's nemesis all thru d book(I can't rem his name 2gh).He lost his mum while in sch,he bashed his first term exam n was faced wit expelling if it repeats itself in his 3rd term exam.He won the hearts of everyone in the school when he bravely killed a big snake and fearlessly raised it up for all to see(it was the drawing on the front cover).He finally took 18th position in the class n was promoted while dat his 'nemesis' repeated the class.
Re: Some Childhood Novel That Had Josefu Or Joseph As Central Character.help Me by Marcela04: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
The book is The Village Boy. It wasn't his mother who died, it was his father b4 he wrote his entrance exam. He had 3 siblings & an uncle called Jude, i have 4gotten his mothers name. I think his friends name was Adamu & Philip can't really remember but d boy dt wouldn't give him peace was Chu boy.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Play This Game Call "Last Man Standing" Part 2! / A Tale For Mac / Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.