Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? (25646 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / I Want To Give My Baby Up For Adoption / Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2013
donsteady: Madam at the top, how are you doing? how is Oga Joshua send my love to him. hope he is getting better from the circumcision. will halla at you later.
We are doing great. Thank u. Josh send very big thanks to u for all ur love, care and suport. God bless u more. he's geting beter from the circumcision. he's healing very fast.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
lovemychild: @Nikkykay, thank u. we are doing fine. the father of my baby and his family were informed the very day i put to birth by my mom. he called and said he would come to Abuja soon. just that he's busy processing post UME for his younger ones. i wish he just die and never get to see us.
Dont wish him bad please. I can understand wot u went thru during d pregnancy without man around to support you.
Thank God for the loving people on this forum.
So post ume for his younger ones is more important dan seeing his first strength?
Has he ben calling from time to time to know hw u & d baby r doing?
There are some men who have been destined to rot in hell angry angry angry
Mercy of God is far away from them.
What are his parents contributions? Did he/his family send the names of the baby or u did ds all alone?

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
@Nikkykay, No contribution or anything. his mom never call since the day i give birth and my mom told her. his two elder brothers called once and he calls any day he's less busy. he send my baby native name with stupid words of apology and he told me that his mom gave the name. if not for the kind of mother i have, i wouldn't have allow them to give my baby a name. A mother who can not call to know how we'r doing, is there in her village giving my baby a name. All thanks to my mom. who i'll do anything to
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello dear,

How are you and my baby? First, forgive me for not keeping in touch.

I hope you are doing great.

lovemychild: @Nikkykay, No contribution or anything. his mom never call since the day i give birth and my mom told her. his two elder brothers called once and he calls any day he's less busy. he send my baby native name with stupid words of apology and he told me that his mom gave the name. if not for the kind of mother i have, i wouldn't have allow them to give my baby a name. A mother who can not call to know how we'r doing, is there in her village giving my baby a name. All thanks to my mom. who i'll do anything to

I understand you dear. Please, don't hold grudges for the sake of your child. You owe it to him to tell him about his dad without resentment.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tgirl4real: Hello dear,

How are you and my baby? First, forgive me for not keeping in touch.

I hope you are doing great.

I understand you dear. Please, don't hold grudges for the sake of your child. You owe it to him to tell him about his dad without resentment.
We are doing fine. thank u. i'll not hold grudges for the sake of Joshua. i'll do anything for his sake. cos i love him so much.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
lovemychild: We are doing fine. thank u. i'll hold grudges for the sake of Joshua. i'll do anything for his sake. cos i love him so much.

If you love him that much, you will let go of all the pains and just use all that energy and time to show your son love, Yes, he has done you wrong, but no grudges will heal the wound - God Bless!

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

If you love him that much, you will let go of all the pains and just use all that energy and time to show your son love, Yes, he has done you wrong, but no grudges will heal the wound - God Bless!

I guess it's a typo. She has corrected it.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I guess it's a typo. She has corrected it.

Awesome . . . I think she is a great mother and she and her son will surely go places.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
lovemychild: @Nikkykay, No contribution or anything. his mom never call since the day i give birth and my mom told her. his two elder brothers called once and he calls any day he's less busy. he send my baby native name with stupid words of apology and he told me that his mom gave the name. if not for the kind of mother i have, i wouldn't have allow them to give my baby a name. A mother who can not call to know how we'r doing, is there in her village giving my baby a name. All thanks to my mom. who i'll do anything to
Please leave the poor woman in d village out of ds. Am sure she didnt know about you until the issue of pregnancy came up or after u put to bed.
She may not be dat financially okay. AM sure his mother didnt send dat name but he did
He believes you will give ur baby dat name being the respect u may hv for his mum.
You are fortunate he sent name . Some didnt look back or bother to gve names or care what the names of dir babies are smiley
you need to be very strong now for the sake of ur baby.
start thinking of wot you want to do with ur life now and pursue it.
I pray God gives you a job to keep you busy. Donations from godly people will not continue for ever.
If it is business, gather money together and start from somewhere.
Your man may still come back to marry you.Dont erase dat fact.
But his actions now will justify if you really want to be with him forever or not.
The same thing like ds happened to a lady on ds forum ( Hummingbird). The guy came back and dey got married. I dnt think she has put to bed.
So please make urself happy.
I keep in touch with you.
God be with u & Joshua
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
I think all i should be doing now is Thanking God for everything and all the people on this forum who were there for me when it seems life was going off me. No more complain, passing judgement, blaming his mother in the village and all that. what if i die in the process of all those challenges, who will be here to do the complain? @Nikkykay, i answered all ur questions becos u asked. that doesn't mean am filled with bitterness. God has been faithful to me that i need not to be sad anymore. am moving forward already. in due time, am hoping to get a job and move on. Am not waiting for him to come and marry me because i dont want to be his wife.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
I want to use this opportunity to appraciate these people who supported me from this forum. @debrief08, u are the best. it's been a while i heard from u. thank u so much. u started all the good work. @donsteady, u really made my world beautful. u are always there to hear me out encourage me and supporting me. thank u so much for been there. @greyfog, thank u. u are amazing. @sisi_kill, thank u so much. u are wounderful. @greatgod2012, am greatful. Thank u all. may U find help when u'r need. May God bless u richly. am for ever grateful.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
My Dear, am sorry my friend will explain better.
Please vent if it makes you feel better, you have been hurt, you are carrying a burden no one should carry alone, not everyone must grin and bare it, if this is where you can express yourself please do.

You are brave and bold, so many so many women have taken the easy way out, you didn't. You are sstrong, you are bold and you have been hurt. Express it and vent then move on. That's life, people can do hurtful things nothing wrong in expressing how we feel.
We are not emotionless zombies.
Anyway, stay strong, concentrate on your baby for now, you can't even work till he is at least 3 months.
Your life doesn't stop because you had a babynb your life has just started.
I have a feeling and conviction that you will be fine.
Smile
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by GoldenLady1: 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
Wow, just recently came across this thread. What a testimony you've been given. It's good to know helpful, encouraging, selfless people still exist in the world. The amount of care shown and assistance given by those who don't even know you gives me hope for mankind. May God bless and prosper you beyond human comprehension, also those who have helped you. Amen/Ase

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by subzidi: 11:46am On Jul 12, 2013
@ Op
It is well with you sis! I got your email and i'm happy to know you've put to bed and in good shape. Like others have said, you have a beautiful life ahead of you.I'm happy with the decision you have made about your baby daddy. You MUST not marry because of unplanned pregnancy/pity! My elder brother's marriage is a mess now because he feels he married his wife out of pity/because she was preggy for him{such arrant nonsense ) As i type, he ran away from his home since 2 days packed all his stuffs and nobody knows where he is, all his lines switched off! So you can see what im about....
Keep your head straight, you sound like a smart gurl that knows what she wants and God in his infinte mercy will make you smile again. Whenever you are strong(in 3months/thereabout) i would like you to send me your cv.

The Lord is your strenght(bear hug)
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
@debrief, thank u. @Golden Lady, Amen to ur prayers and sub_zidi, thank u so much
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by samyan12: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2013
Desloaaa: my dear,get sometin doing,any decent job,irrespective of d meagre pay,dust off laziness and make up your mind,that you'll take care of your child,come what may.Adorption is not really a good idea on my part. I'd rather soak garri and salt with my child,than allow him enjoy fried rice and chicken with sm other..
What story will u tell him after today
Ninu ofi,ninu ola,lomo pandoro n dagba.The Lord is ur strength

Selfishness on your part, u'll rather putt him thru a childhood of poverty, stress and laack of opportunity, than give him up to pple who are more prepared to take care of him. Just because u can't bear the pain of seperation. The bigger pain is doing what's right ffor the baby, even if it hurts you.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Babycrystals(f): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Am girl in her mid 20's, I just gave birth 2months ago and i looking for a good family to adopt my baby boy. Due to financial problems, and my education. U can reach me via Email gracesmart2011@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
Babycrystals: Am girl in her mid 20's, I just gave birth 2months ago and i looking for a good family to adopt my baby boy. Due to financial problems, and my education. U can reach me via Email gracesmart2011@yahoo.com or call 08091359283. Thanks

It will be better to start another thread for that discourse.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Babycrystals: Am girl in her mid 20's, I just gave birth 2months ago and i looking for a good family to adopt my baby boy. Due to financial problems, and my education. U can reach me via Email gracesmart2011@yahoo.com or call 08091359283. Thanks
Nawa for u. after spending two months with ur child, u are not still attached to him, u still have the mind to give him way? open a fresh theand then. why posting it here?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2013

I am sure you could scale through, check with families and friends to see how you all could work together to make it happen.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Dainy1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hellow @lovemychild. how is our little Joshua doing? regards
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by MrsChima(f): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
lovemychild: Am 27 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancialy cos i dont have anything doing yet.

my boyfriend who is the father of my child walk away cos he said he's not ready to be a father yet, that he has his career to pursue.

i actually never wanted to keep this pregnancy, but he convinced me to keep it, but just of a recent, he said he's scared that we should remove it. which i agree with him. we went to the hospital and met a doctor who adviced us to keep it. that i may die in the process.

since then, he stop calling me, visiting and even stop picking my calls. I've been so depressed and scared. i don't have money to even go for antenatal not to talk of what to use and take care of my baby when i give birth.

i've really disappointed my mom and my two younger brothers and don't know what to do. since last week i started thinking of giving out my baby for adoption, but i don't know how to go about it.

my question is:
1. does the thought of given out my child for adoption makes me a terrible mom to be?

pls if u know of any legal organization or foundation in abuja that can adopt my child for a year so that i can come back and get my baby, pls let me know and if u have any advice or help, pls advice me.

pls dont judge me nor condemn me. i already know i did wrong by not been careful, believing in promises that easily failed me and given out my trust to love . thank u

No you are not a terrible mother but rather a sensible mother.

I am for adoption and commends you greatly. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dainy1: Hellow @lovemychild. how is our little Joshua doing? regards
He's doing fine. thanks
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
helow dear, check ur mail and get back to me. lost ur phone contact
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
missmishel: helow dear, check ur mail and get back to me. lost ur phone contact
Have reply ur mail. sorry i didnt reply since. just saw it. Thanks for the info, i'll keep checking the site for vaccancy.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Dainy1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
@Lovemychild, is that our Joshua in ur profile? he's big already. what are u feeding him?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by janiebravo(f): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
wow!! I just came across this thread, sorry i couldn't keep up with all the replies but i gather from here that you have put to bed and are with the baby now, congratulations my dear, you are indeed a strong woman and may God continue to strengthen you. I happen to be in the same shoes, my kid is 7yrs now, i'm grateful for family and friends and her dad as well even if he's there every now and then. Please vent to your fullest, then do all you can to let go of the pain and hurt and bitterness,so that you can be you again and live a happy life. Its tough but its not the end of the world i assure you. God bless!
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by tpiah11: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by stonecoldcafe: 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
I was reading a thread and someone dropped this so I came here and got hooked till the end. Oh there are really good Nigerians. God bless people like debrief and others who helped and called to keep op happy. Op I hope you are fine wherever you are and not forgetting Joshua. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Three-year-old Falls Into Well While Playing With Friends (photo) / ~Sweet Mother: Say Something Nice To your Mum~ / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.