Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return (13221 Views)

Nigerians Escaping Boko Haram Deported / Nigerian Military Takes A Swipe At Nigerien Government Over 'silly' Comments / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 27, 2013
One of the aliens from Niger Republic who simply gave his name as Amadu has vowed to return to Nigeria despite his deportation.

Said he: “I am from the Republic of Niger. I came in through Kebbi State. I came on my own. I always pass through there because no one will stop you. I do not have the passport. I will still find my way back when they throw me out.”

He was one of the 57 irregular immigrants from Niger Republic, deported yesterday by the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Lagos Command.

Parading some of the irregular immigrants, Comptroller of Immigration, Mr Rasheed Odupeyin, who is incharge of the Command, said the 57 were among the 92 suspected illegal immigrants arrested during the raid by the police over the weekend and handed over to them on Monday.

He said the suspects were arrested in a joint operation between state police command and the Lagos State Task Force on Environmental Offenses at the weekend from various parts of the state.

The police in response to the recent arrest of some foreigners who had links with Boko Haram, ordered the arrest and screening of all illegal immigrants in Nigeria especially from Chad.

Odupeyin, however, said that he did not know how police got the suspects, adding that “it was the police that raided and handed them over to us.

I am sure that they must have screened them and kept those who committed offence in the police custody for interrogation.

“They brought them here on Monday, so we had to screen them and send them back to their countries. We feed them and along the line they might fall sick, so we have to be responsible for that again.

The NIS boss also confirmed that no weapon was found on anyone but he cannot say whether the suspects had link with a terrorist group or not. Odupeyin stated that of the 92, 17 were found to be after thorough screening and the service would return them to police for further investigation to ascertain their culpability or otherwise.

One of the suspects who hails from the Republic of Niger, who simply gave his name as Amadu, claimed that he came to Lagos from Mali through border town of Kamba, in Kebbi state without having any criminal record.

The suspect who admitted that he has no document claimed to be a water vendor in Surulere.

He said, “I am from the republic of Niger. I came in through Kebbi state. I came on my own.

“I always pass through there because no one will stop you.

“I sell borehole water to people. I live in Surulere. I do not have passport. I will still find my way back when they throw me out.

“I am not a Boko haram member, I am afraid of them.”

Another suspected irregular immigrant, Musa Abdul who claimed he is from Segu in Mali, said he came into Nigeria through Cotonu and that he is documented.

“They asked me for my passport which I gave them. I sell ice cream in Nigeria.

“I came into this country with my passport but when police caught me I had no passport on me. I have explained to them that my passport is at home but they refused.

“I came to Nigeria in 2009 and in 2012; I left to see my family and returned early this year.”

Meanwhile, Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro has disclosed that over 20,000 illegal immigrants have been deported from Nigeria, adding that 274 of these aliens were sent packing to their respective countries in the recent times.

The Minister disclosed this in Kano, while emphasizing the concern of the Federal Government over the porous nature of Nigeria’s borders against the background of the present security challenges in the country.

Also the Department of State Services (DSS), said yesterday in Lagos it impounded a lorry-load of foreigners moving into the metropolis from the northern part of the country.

The 25 suspected illegal aliens including the vehicle that conveyed them were handed over to the officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service by the officials from the Department of the State Services.

A source at the DSS told Daily Sun that due to security situation in the country the DSS took it upon themselves to restrict movement of suspected people by searching their vehicles and asking some vital questions.

The source said they would impound any suspected vehicle and invite the occupants for interrogation.

If SSS found out they were illegal aliens from Niger, Mali or Chad, they would hand them over to the NIS for deportation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/boko-haram-deported-nigerien-vows-to-return/

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Codedboy95(m): 5:33am On Mar 27, 2013
They will still come back.. And dix time they will bring their family along

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by okosodo: 6:10am On Mar 27, 2013
They are over 25 million in the north, the authorities in charge should go after them
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by premlove(m): 6:42am On Mar 27, 2013
okosodo: They are over 25 million in the north, the authorities in charge should go after them
easy to say

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by premlove(m): 6:44am On Mar 27, 2013
We are nt complaining nw bt if it is nigerians that are deported, goodluck wil be a bad president.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by okosodo: 6:50am On Mar 27, 2013
prem love: easy to say
But possible
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Tolexander: 7:06am On Mar 27, 2013
Imagine what these people are saying. Almost every one of them entered nigeria through the same route.

An they will be telling us they are doing somethings to curb Boko haram. A landlord that opens all his doors, has windows open and has many holes in his fence that are wide enough for safe human entry and exit can never tell us he has a 100% security guarantee against intruders.

Some materials used for making these bombs used by the bombers were not locally available but imported through these means by which the repartriates sneaked into the country.

If they are really serious with the issue, they should first try to curb the nigerian citizens before shifting to the foreigners cos the thieves within are the aids to the externall thieves.
Moreover, they nigerian citizens may provide an asylum to these foreigners and connive to perpetrate evils and house them against arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 27, 2013
If not irreparable fools, who will shamelessly utter such statements? We don't want them anymore or need their services again, is it by force to stay here? Except for one reason that I'm thinking about; An insider giving them hope & confirmed assurance of their return. And I hope their photographs have been compiled into an album and sent to various bother officials for easy identification & repatriation... Or better still, capture their finger prints, clone the finger prints along with their photographs, finger scanners & laptops, & send them to various strategic bother officers.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by nduchucks: 7:30am On Mar 27, 2013
2iic:

Parading some of the irregular immigrants, Comptroller of Immigration, Mr Rasheed Odupeyin, who is incharge of the Command, said the 57 were among the 92 suspected illegal immigrants arrested during the raid by the police over the weekend and handed over to them on Monday.

If SSS found out they were illegal aliens from Niger, Mali or Chad, they would hand them over to the NIS for deportation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/boko-haram-deported-nigerien-vows-to-return/

This exercise is outrageous and a gross violation of the civil, human, and constitutional rights of Nigerian citizens. The authorities, in a knee jerk reaction, rounded up people including Nigerian citizens, suspected to be illegal immigrants, arrested and detained them simply because they were youthful and live in a particular part of their homeland. It is most unfortunate that the bigotry of many posters has blinded them from seeing how preposterous the actions of the authorities are,

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2013
What a barbaric way to treat people,smh o weep for naija

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by cjrane: 8:07am On Mar 27, 2013
hehehe, laf wan kill me ooo! The guy already told us our immigration system is a joke. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 27, 2013
He said, “I am from the republic of Niger. I came in through Kebbi state. I came on my own.

“I always pass through there because no one will stop you.

This is an indictment on the Federal Government of Nigeria and if this is not resolved anytime soonest,foreigners will continue to infiltrate Nigeria and cause havoc. I now see why Boko Haram cannot be defeated.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: What a barbaric way to treat people,smh o weep for naija
Amebo! Why take aspirin for someone else's pains? Mind your business.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Pacesetter2: 8:48am On Mar 27, 2013
emmysenior: If not irreparable fools, who will shamelessly utter such statements? We don't want them anymore or need their services again, is it by force to stay here? Except for one reason that I'm thinking about; An insider giving them hope & confirmed assurance of their return. And I hope their photographs have been compiled into an album and sent to various bother officials for easy identification & repatriation... Or better still, capture their finger prints, clone the finger prints along with their photographs, finger scanners & laptops, & send them to various strategic bother officers.

The day Nigeria border men do the above then i agree that we've really improved.
I guess you're speaking cause you watch american films much..Nigeria is a country that cant do it but has & will continue to fail if we continue like this
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2013
emmysenior: Amebo! Why take aspirin for someone else's pains? Mind your business.
idiot stop being our neighbor and I will mind my business .ode
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by momodub: 9:17am On Mar 27, 2013
Face fear Face grin
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by HAH: 9:24am On Mar 27, 2013
Since the Boko Haram saga started not a single real BH member that is a foreigner that is arrested, the truth is that BH are Nigerians and sponsored by Nigerians.

This poor people caught are innocent hustlers and economic migrants,

My advice to Nigeria is to deal carefully especially with our neigbours in west africa who are covered by the west african treaty. The last time I checked Nigeria has the highest. Illegal immigrants in other african countries by far and mostly doing bad things

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 27, 2013
are these people boko haram?
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Rooneyboy(m): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This exercise is outrageous and a gross violation of the civil, human, and constitutional rights of Nigerian citizens. The authorities, in a knee jerk reaction, rounded up people including Nigerian citizens, suspected to be illegal immigrants, arrested and detained them simply because they were youthful and live in a particular part of their homeland. It is most unfortunate that the bigotry of many posters has blinded them from seeing how preposterous the action of the authorities are,

Were u among those detained

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by 360command: 9:39am On Mar 27, 2013
these are one of the investors who sees bright future about Nigeria. sad that we locals are not seeing the future.
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by OneNaira6: 9:44am On Mar 27, 2013
ngoziliz: are these people boko haram?

No and that's why this is inhumane treatment. I understand deporting illegal immigrants but deport an immigrant that has the legal right to be in this nation without giving him a bonafide good reason why they are deporting them other than "you might be boko Haram". SMH!! Nigeria is really the biggest two-faced and hypocritical nation in the world. We cry others belittle and mistreat Nigerian citizens in their nation but we immediately do the same when giving the opportunity and quick to justify and applaud it. Tufiakwa for that country.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Bazil(m): 9:46am On Mar 27, 2013
Why dafuq would someone migrate to nigeria illegaly, nigerians deporting kiakia,its usualy the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by boron10(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Nigerian population- 150million
Real Citizen's population- 90million
Illegal immigrants - 60 million
So we now know why our population is this high. Porous border. Every tom, d'ick and harry can easily move into the country unchecked. Naija, home for all. E go better sha

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by fittty(m): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2013
In arnolds voice *i'll be back!*

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by dondada1(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2013
Deportation is not the answer, Nigeria needs to tighten its borders especially the northern links with minimal security

Otherwise it makes no sense deporting someone that will return to the country in the next 24-48hrs.
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by teejayreal(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2013
Nigeria need to tighten the borders. Check ma signature to receive the dstv software.
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by mu2sa2: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2013
okosodo: They are over 25 million in the north, the authorities in charge should go after them
. Go after them ke. These people from niger republic have always moved back and forth btw their country and nigeria for centuries in search of menial jobs. They may be poor but they are not known to engage in disturbing criminal activities. Let us not deceive ourselves boko haram are almost all citizens of the federal republic of nigeria.
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2013
boron10: Nigerian population- 150million
Real Citizen's population- 90million
Illegal immigrants - 60 million
So we now know why our population is this high. Porous border. Every tom, d'ick and harry can easy move into the country unchecked. Naija, home for all. E go better sha
and na them vote pass
Re: Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return by boron10(m): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2013
dondada1: Deportation is not the answer, Nigeria needs to tighten its borders especially the northern links with minimal security

Otherwise it makes no sense deporting someone that will return to the country in the next 24-48hrs.

Deportation is expedient. By this, it will be easier to identify the boko haramists in our surrounding. Most of these immigrants are boko haram look alike

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Buhari, Bring Back Our Roads' - Tayo Ogunbiyi (Punch) / Bello Organized SARS Men To Assassinate Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out (VIDEO) / Blinken: Attack On US Convoy May Not Have Been Pre-targeted At Our Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.