Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week (832 Views)

Jay-z Ft Justin Timberlake HOLYGRAIL Lyrics / A-q's Debut Album Sells 15000-units Worth. Releases First #blackfriday Freestyle / Justin Timberlake's New Single "sexy Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by ayo84(m): 6:24am On Mar 27, 2013
Justin Timberlake's comeback album has sold nearly 1 million units its first week out.

NEW YORK (AP) — Justin Timberlake's comeback album has sold nearly 1 million units its first week out.

Nielsen SoundScan announced Tuesday that the singer's third album, "The 20/20 Experience," has moved 968,000 units. It's the 19th album in Nielsen's 22-year history that has sold more than 900,000 albums in a single week.

"20/20" is Timberlake's third album and the follow-up to his multiplatinum, Grammy-winning 2006 album, "FutureSex/LoveSounds." The new CD features the pop hit "Suit & Tie."

"The numbers are pleasantly surprising," said Tom Corson, the president and chief operating officer of RCA Records, which released Timberlake's album.

The label had projected that "20/20" would sell 500,000 to 600,000 units, Corson said.

Timberlake, 31, was strategic about promoting his comeback effort: He performed at the Grammy Awards, hosted and hit the stage on the TV comedy show "Saturday Night Live" and spent an entire week on the TV talk show "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon." The singer also partnered with Target for the album's deluxe edition and "20/20" streamed on iTunes a week before it was released.
Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by Goldie20: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2013
Listening to the album now, it pretty good, i like it.. ! Good R&B feel to it.. nice isssh
Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by dopeJemi: 7:53am On Mar 27, 2013

I'm not surprised.. Dat his 'Mirror' song z d bomb
Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by Bawss1(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2013
And I thought CD sales had tanked these days.
Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by dominique(f): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
True albums don't sell well like before, so for an album to sell almost 1million copies is a huge feat. Props to him, its good to take a break o. Someone needs to shout that to Rihana, she's on her 6th (or 7th? Stopped counting from Rated Rundecided) album in a career of less than 10 years. Take a Break already!!! Nothing she sings make sense to me anymore.
Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by wildchild1: 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
That album is the best pop album av listened to after Adele's 21,timberland did a great job on the production too.My favorite tracks so far are 1.Pusher Girl or sometin,mirrors,suit n tie,clothes on...its a great album and aint suprised it did almost amili in its 1st week

@dominique...its her 7th album in 7yrs,she's talented so why would she stop singing or releasing album ery year? Her last album aint doin bad afterall
Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by dominique(f): 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
@wildchild
Agreed, she's talented and entertaining but she'll burn herself out at this rate she's going. She should let her fans and critic anticipate her album instead of dropping album after album every year.

1 Like

Re: Timberlake's New' Album Sells 968,000 Units In 1st Week by wildchild1: 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
i concur with you too but the truth is most of her fans and even critics have been giving her pass mark whether anticipating her album or not,the only area i think she might burn herself is her personal/relationship life but me likey that way #TEAMCHRIS&RIRI
dominique: @wildchild
Agreed, she's talented and entertaining but she'll burn herself out at this rate she's going. She should let her fans and critic anticipate her album instead of dropping album after album every year.

@topic...the album sold more than 1million copies is just 10days #np let get the groove in

(1) (Reply)

Closed / VIDEO: Brymo – Down + Audio / Video: Tiwa Savage Ft Don Jazzy – Eminado

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.