Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) (21522 Views)

Delta State Set To Experience Massive Construction / Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
Crayola1: To be fair if the pictures that were posted later in the thread had been first folks may have not been so negative to the thread's title undecided

Its ok work..

The problem is that 99% of the negative criticism come from those who can never acknowledge or praise anything good about the SW. The OP already explained he had more pictures but was having difficulty posting them. Furthermore many failed to go, as directed, to sites where they can indeed see pictures for themselves as some of us did easily. When someone has decided to be negative, whatever you do or show will not matter. Those sort should not be indulged.

Still have more pics here but i cant put them up here...i dont know why!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by jmaine: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
ocelot2006:

Of cousre Fashola is not Akpabio's mate. We all know the later is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the former infrastructure wise. In Akwa Ibom, we don't do minor facelifts and repainting. WE BUILD.

I see wink. . . . .
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by AroComputerCe(m): 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
I live and work in Ogun State. Gov. Ibikunle Amosun is actually redesigning the face of Ogun State. No amount of pictures uploaded here will be sufficient to explain the kind of massive road constructions currently going on simultaneously in all the senatorial districts. If you have been to Abeokuta in recent weeks, you will appreciate what we are talking.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Aro Computer Ce: I live and work in Ogun State. Gov. Ibikunle Amosun is actually redesigning the face of Ogun State. No amount of pictures uploaded here will be sufficient to explain the kind of massive road constructions currently going on simultaneously in all the senatorial districts. If you have been to Abeokuta in recent weeks, you will appreciate what we are talking.

If he sustains the pace of work across the State, then Ogun will certainly be much better in the next few years.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by omonnakoda: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe.:

grin grin grin grin grin grin All these internet Mike Tyson sef. Wetin we no go hear. I am shaking in my boots worried about another non-entity internet stalker. My friend, take a ticket and join the queue.
BBone aka Ziga aka Tinubu lapdog
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
I live in Abeokuta, the OP should say massive road constructions. Meanwhile in most areas there's no pipe borne water,no electricity for days on end. Insecurity is paramount,especially around the ares where houses where demolished making them a den for robbers.
Abeokuta will look much better after the reconstructions but are the grassroot citizens happy?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by KnowAll(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
@op, [size=16pt]Abeg no dey abuse words like this now, which one be "massive" person go thing say na Eko Atlantic City kind of development you go see, not some drianage. Abeg next time say it the way it is " Gutters and Drainages dug up in Ogun State[/size]"

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by ekoilee: 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
^^^^^^ You're not funny, stay away from comedy.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by brunnet: 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Knowledge9000: Typical Nigerian politicians...hoodwinking the masses with petty cheap-ass projects. Approve 2 billion naira for a project and spend only 100million for it. The masses jumping thinking it's a good thing and posting on Nairaland...Gov. Amonsuis performing. Until there is transparency on how these projects are awarded, these are just stunts to amuse and titillate the senses of the poor masses. It's time we, the masses take back our country; meaning, whenever project is awarded and construction has started, go and inspect it, estimate the worth of what you saw on ground and compare it to the amount awarded for it...you will be astonished and if not angry

You have said it all...
Imagine Amosun building ordinary pedestrian bridge for #260M!! A bridge that is less than 100 metres. As an Engr. I will build that bridge with less than #40M. Amosun is indeed a thief!!!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by brunnet: 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
born2bleep: I live in Abeokuta, the OP should say massive road constructions. Meanwhile in most areas there's no pipe borne water,no electricity for days on end. Insecurity is paramount,especially around the ares where houses where demolished making them a den for robbers.
Abeokuta will look much better after the reconstructions but are the grassroot citizens happy?

They are not happy.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Tuminibody: 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
In as much as i dont like arguing with ignorant people but i want to point out to some criticisers who do not confirm things before saying unreasonable things that NAIRALAND is for intellectuals[color=#990000][/color][center][/center]
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by emiye(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
anonimi:

Thank you for raising these pertinent questions for those who still have scales on their eyes to understand these issues COMPREHENSIVELY.
How much did Awolowo leave when he was Western region premier 60 years ago with REAL massive projects all over the region and laying the foundation for ROBUST human development in education, healthcare etc and YET he had no oil money.
Same thing with Olabisi Onabanjo 30 nyears ago.
Those who want to compare with Gbenga Daniel and the other military administrators MILADS are free to do so in order for them to continue celebrating this expensive MEDIOCRITY.

You this PDP boy, you enjoy asking nonsensical questions that you want no answer to. You don't want the current ACN governor in Ogun State to be compared with the preceding governor who spent 8 years with little or nothing show, instead they should be compared with the administrators 30 and 60 years ago, I see nothing much wrong with your intended comparism, if only you are sincere, and attempt to put objectivity in to your comparisms.

I have questions for you, since you know so much about Awolowo and Onabanjo era.

I think it is best you answer your questions, and also find answers to these ones.

What was the exchange rate of the then Nigerian currency to a british pound & US dollar 60 years and 30 years ago ?

or the Naira value has stayed the same?

What was the population of the western Region 60 years ago and Ogun state 30 years ago?

What was the average income per annum in nigerian currency?

Finding answers to these questions will aid objective comparisms.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by hugafella(m): 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ogun state is building world class gutters? At least thats the massive thing i saw in ur pics.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
born2bleep: I live in Abeokuta, the OP should say massive road constructions. Meanwhile in most areas there's no pipe borne water,no electricity for days on end. Insecurity is paramount,especially around the ares where houses where demolished making them a den for robbers.
Abeokuta will look much better after the reconstructions [s]but are the grassroot citizens happy? [/b]
no! I can specifically tell you dat the citizens at ifo local government are definitely not happy. Infact they're not happy with amosun. angry bad roads, no good supply of electricity.. damn. Amosun is only facing major cities in ogun state..and dats not fair to the other local government. But no..they never fail to collect taxes from us. Their internal revenue service bus never stops parading here, collecting taxes! Wtf?!

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by dkings101(m): 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
ameriel pepper: What constrution? Mtcheew!, I live in ogun state ( my mum built her house there). In itele that is after ayetoro, when you pass through ayobo. There's no electricity there for the past 3yrs my mum built her house there, so we her kids have decided to remain in lagos, our state of birth! Pls if you have that AMOSUN 's ear, tell him to send light sharperly to that area! Not surprised @ his name cos I know what it means in ibo language! That area is so poorly developed! Stop praising someone whom has not done anything!

I stay in Aiyetoro, we have been living here for 7 yr nw and no electricity. No security, no clinic....visually nothing. We ve been waiting for electricity for 7 yrs and other have been waiting for more than 10-15 year. Amosun doesnt care about us. Wen next he comes here for campaign....I promise to stone him raw egg.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Cool83(m): 12:31am On Mar 28, 2013
dkings101:

I stay in Aiyetoro, we have been living here for 7 yr nw and no electricity. No security, no clinic....visually nothing. We ve been waiting for electricity for 7 yrs and other have been waiting for more than 10-15 year. Amosun doesnt care about us. Wen next he comes here for campaign....I promise to stone him raw egg.
do that my dear,nd u will surely spend some months in kirikiri
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by baby124: 4:49am On Mar 28, 2013
django1:
Wow!!! shocked
Your English is "internasanar"!
grin. This is oyo english for "international?" grin grin grin
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by MarcoP: 7:58am On Mar 28, 2013
Gbawe:

OP has graciously brought his own pictures here and states he is trying to upload more but is having difficulties. Would it be too much, for the sake of having a Political section that is not an arena of feudalism, to ask you guys to do some research yourselves? Ogun state website address has already been provided above. WHy not visit it? Nobody is here to spoon feed others. It should be give and take. I.e you give knowledge and gain knowledge.

@ Gbawe;
I don't expect people to waste their time arguing with you. I know you very well to be an ACN apologist and an ethnic jingoist.

Do we expect the state to indite itself on its own website? Like someone commented above, why are we celebrating menial construction as massive projects. Projects meant to siphone public funds into Asiwaju Tinubu's pocket.

Statistics don't lie. Ifo LGA has about the highest population in Ogun. There is no single good road linking Sango Ota through Agbado to Okearo/ Ishaga. That was the only reason we voted ACN in Ogun, so that at least we will have passable roads. Sadly we are yet to see any development.

I believe Amosun has a good heart and is capable of delivering, but if only he can free himself and the state's resources from the shackles of Asiwaju and ACN. We will vote him for a 2nd term if only he can cross over to PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iran Condemns Attacks On Nigerian Shia Muslims / Edo Election: Our Officials Rectifying Network Challenges - INEC / Tinubu Speaks On His Academic, Professional Records And Date Of Birth (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.