Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church (11293 Views)

PDP Chieftain, Kashamu, Loses Bid To Stop Drug Trial In U.S. / MUST READ: My Encounter At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Hot Nigerian Pianist :)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Morgan1092(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2013
A former pianist with Household of God, Mr. Dafiaghor Okiotor, was again inthe Ikeja Magistrate's Court, presided by Magistrate Oshodi Makanjuola, on Tuesday for breach of peace and disorderly conduct.
It was said Okiotor, 40, on July 15, picketed the church owned by popular man of God, Rev. Chris Okotie, over an alleged N39m Okotie owed him.
The sum was supposed to be Okiotor's entitlement for working in the church for 14 years.
Okiotor, who is Okotie's kinsman as they are both of Urhobo ethnicity, had been remanded in prison for about three weeks.
At the start of Tuesday's hearing, counsels to the complainant (Okotie) requestedthat journalists should be sent out from the court.
However, the defendant's lawyer, Mr. Robert Igbinedion, argued that the court was a public place and that court proceedings should be public knowledge.
燤akanjuola declined Okotie's lawyers request.
Two witnesses, Adeolu Omotayo and Harold Turay, who were members and guards of the church, testified against Okiotor.
Omotayo said Okiotor had sent two letters threatening to disrupt the church.
He said, "He made good of his threats on that Sunday as he suddenly appeared and becamedisorderly and raucous at the church entrance. He sang songsin his native language. The reverend had to stop sermonising, and the service was stopped. We called the policemen at Area 'F', and they arrested him.
"But on the evening of that same day, Okiotor came back tothe church. He was arrested again and later charged to court."
Turay, said, "When Okiotor protested at the church, he wore a white T-shirt. Inscribed on it was, 'Rev. Okotie, you either pay me, or kill me. He wasso disorderly and noisy that he disrupted the service."
During a cross examination by Igbinedion, Omotayo said Okiotor was a volunteer at the church and was not entitled to remuneration.
Makanjuola adjourned the case till April 26, 2013.
http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/pianist-on-trial-for-picketing-okoties-church/
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by GraceBestowed(f): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
LOL! Oh my!!! On a real, though; whatever happens, disrupting a service is unacceptable!!

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by BashMe1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=18pt]U go Feel Alright. NEXT![/size]
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wahala dey o, what's our churches turning into?
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Lilimax(f): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
The pianist Okiotor protested at the church, he wore a white T-shirt. Inscribed on it was, 'Rev. Okotie, you either pay me, or kill me.
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Why didnt he just run into the church and scream BOMB!!!! angry

Let us see how faithful Okoties God really is...

Anyways, I feel the man is out to reap what he hasnt sown and I also believe Okotie has used him for 14 years..

3 Likes

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by alaladakosta(f): 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Lilimax(f): 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Morgan1092: The pianist Okiotor protested at the church, he wore a white T-shirt. Inscribed on it was, 'Rev. Okotie, you either pay me, or kill me.
http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/pianist-on-trial-for-picketing-okoties-church/
If i were the Pastor, I will arrest the man immediately....
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Even if he was a volunteer, doesn't it make sense to motivate him by giving stipends? Even if d man is trying to fleece Okotie how much is it compared to what Okotie has fleeced his sheep? So called MOG's enjoy receiving but find it hard to give. Double standards.

4 Likes

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by SlyIg(f): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
I think ive read this guy's story here before.
And i want to be very careful so as not to give an unfair judgement over the matter. Thats why i just want to end my comment here. Thank you.
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by browncool(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
I had thought playing piano for church is to the Glory of God and not beneficiary purpose

3 Likes

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
We re so jobless in this country oh.. See my guy claiming to be the first to leave comment.. Sha nairaland dey give recharge card to first to leave comment?
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by ZACHIE: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Those church people
They love, understand and use money more than most business organisations.
Mean folks...

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by henryadex(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
There is more to it than what has just been said, we are all hears to hear the fact

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by ITbomb(m): 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
na now him don clear
I pray God to also open the eyes of others still blindly following their tin-god pastors
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by vislabraye(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
I don't know what agreement they had together but paying musicians salary for playing in church is unheard of.

Tomorrow, the ushers will come and demand for money. Don't forget the cleaners and the technical guys.
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ignorance is not an excuse for this comment of yours. Firstly, musicians pay to be taught how to play musical instruments and they spend time rehearsing relentlessly. The ushers on the other hand are volunteers who chose to join the church ushering department. Secondly, no professional sound engineer would work full time in a church without getting paid, the free ones are simply using the church equipment to learn. I think you should be aware that the said instrumentalists can decide to play in a different gathering or concert and sometimes for an artist. I don't know what arrangements the church has with him, but your comment sir is myopic to say the least.

vislabraye: I don't know what agreement they had together but paying musicians salary for playing in church is unheard of.

Tomorrow, the ushers will come and demand for money. Don't forget the cleaners and the technical guys.

10 Likes

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
It's God's money donated to the church by the congregation.

They should leave the guy and let God judge him.Case of a scammer getting scammed.
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by bodee(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
browncool: I had thought playing piano for church is to the Glory of God and not beneficiary purpose
abi ooo!
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
what happened to 70 X 7? The pastor should have allowed him do it at least 70 X 7 before arresting him. Pastor please lead by example.

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Aderupoko2: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
How did this man severance package enter 30M...was there an employment letter Or a contract?
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Aphrygian(m): 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Some people are here spewing rubbish.a session at span jazz academy is 50k,even grade 2 at muson is not a joke.so if a person went to an extent of learning at this ratw and cost u mean he should be doing free service.free service my ass

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by esanland: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Unfortunately most Naija preachers are corrupt and incompetent as naija politicians. If it was a country where there is accountability okotie would have be in d public eye, investigated and Pianist would get justice.

Sentiment at side the pianist has been used exploited and taking advantage of for 14 years by by okotie, it is a shame that okotie who promises naija masses heaven on earth when he run as a presidential aspirant couldn't even faithfully pay his piano player.

God is watching u okotie, and he will pay everyone according to their. Okotie should no that he is just a man and that no one is going with the world. He can afford to bride police with tithes and offerings oppressed the masses but God dey see u okotie.
New York

2 Likes

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Aqva: Even if he was a volunteer, doesn't it make sense to motivate him by giving stipends? Even if d man is trying to fleece Okotie how much is it compared to what Okotie has fleeced his sheep? So called MOG's enjoy receiving but find it hard to give. Double standards.
GOD BLESS U.
AND HOW DARE THEY CHARGE HIM FOR BREACH OF PEACE?
IF U HAVE A CHURCH IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD U WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT BREACH OF PEACE IS. LOUD NOISE DISRUPTIONS ETC ALL IN THE NAME OF WORSHIP AND U HAVE NO RIGHT TO REPORT TO THE NECESSARY AUTHORITIES THE BRAINWASHED SHEEP WILL START TURNING NASTY.

1 Like

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by esanland: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Unfortunately most Naija preachers are corrupt and incompetent as naija politicians. If it was a country where there is accountability okotie would have be in d public eye, investigated and Pianist would get justice.

Sentiment at side the pianist has been used exploited and taking advantage of for 14 years by by okotie, it is a shame that okotie who promises naija masses heaven on earth when he run as a presidential aspirant couldn't even faithfully pay his piano player.

God is watching u okotie, and he will pay everyone according to their. Okotie should no that he is just a man and that no one is going away with the world. He can afford to bride police with tithes and offerings oppressed the masses but God dey see u okotie.
New York
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Pque(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Bullshit happening in churches nowadays. Demanding 4 14milla 4 being a pianist in d church 4 14years. This is really funny. Is he employed in d church to b paid 4 his service rendered or what? Was he playing 4 Okotie or God? To b sincere, some guys play in d church 4 d cash nd nt 4 God. It depends on d agreement nd d reason 4 playing. I understand dat man must chop bt if he is expecting 14 milla 4 just playing a piano ha ha, dat is really absurd. He is even ready to cause mayhem in d church. Instrument of what is dat, of devil or wat? Pastor Okotie, I don't know what u have given him in d past bt I think you shld just give him something nd let d man piss out. This is really shamefull, dat pianist fall his hand because of money.

I think d whole thing is just a sort of disagreement that needs pure setlement. Don't they have elders in church, why must d mega pastor go to court to d extent dat d man is remanded in cell 4 upto 3 weeks. So wat I am entitle to after serving in a church for 14 years is a prison entitlement, dat is really bad. The elders in d church shld cover their faces with there hand 4 alloying d matter to get to dat level. Even husband nd wife disagrees so, I am nt surprised dat there is a disagreement btw d men. It is d responsibilities of d elders of d church to cause settlement nd restore peace once again or is d HOLY SPIRIT no longer speaking nd may b it is d HOLY SPIRIT that inform d church to go to court. May b u can't see d word forgive in ur bible! BULLSHITS BULLSHITTING THE CHURCH OF GOD. I' am sorry if I have offended you, pls forgive me.

3 Likes

Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by jamesbridget13(f): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
I ve read about this story sometimes last year, here on nairaland. According to that report, d young man was employed by d church as a pianist. Wellllllll! God alone knws whose hands is clean in this case. Soooooo, Lord arise n fight 4 ur own.
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
vislabraye: I don't know what agreement they had together but paying musicians salary for playing in church is unheard of.

I dey tell you!

No start wetin you no go fit finish.
Re: Pianist On Trial For Picketing Okotie's Church by slimur(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
Somebody volunteer to work for u For 14years, u nor fit bless am wit small tin make d man take see front.. Nor b volunteer d Man of God volunteer to work for God 2 but e dey buy jet, cars, good clothes..live Good life... Lubbish

Person sow 14years of his life for u... Allow reap somethin na..

Abeg make I drink my alomo joor

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Funniest Quotes From Patience Jonathan You’ve Never Heard. / QUPPY - Multicurrency Cross-platform Cryptowallet (quppy.com) / Has Anyone Heard Of Pennylender.com ? Is It A Credible Site To Borrow Money ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.