Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos (18247 Views)

50 NSCDC Officers To Ondo Over Illegal Mining / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / I Saw Policemen Kill My Dad – Six-year-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by baynix(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2013
In what could be described as a commando attack, The Nigeria Police ambushed and opened fire on men of the anti-vandal squad of the Lagos State Command of NSCDC, killing two men on the spot while others escaped with gunshot wounds in Ikorodu axis of Lagos State.

This incident occurs at about 3am on Wednesday morning while the officers and men of the corps were returning from a successful anti-vandal operation where vandals were arrested along with their exhibits and being transported back to the state headquarters of the Corps. According to an eye witness account, the vandals made calls
to their police collaborators for support as they could not everwhelm the anti-vandals team of the Corps.

Immediately the Police got wind of the information laid siege for the Corps and open fire on the NSCDC patrol vehicles killing two while others scampered for their dear lives with gunshot wounds as the vandals were released immediately by the police.

On seeing that it was the police, the men of the corps refused to fire single shot from their rifles but could only express sock at a sistes agency who ordinarily should assist in fighting crime and other criminality are the ones aiding them while the vandals continue to flourish in crime.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-kills-two-nscdc-officials-shoot-five/
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by haykay2005: 10:57am On Mar 27, 2013
Serious matter
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Brimmie(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2013
2 Oga At The Top Has Been Killed! sad

I Really Hate The Men In Black Uniform!

10 Likes

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Omen100(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2013
INTERESTING.
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by taharqa: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2013
This is a very very Stu.pid and almost completely USELESS 'report'. Datz all..... Source?
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Tolexander: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2013
What is the problem with
nigerian police?

Why do they have to battle
for 'oga at the top' with the
nigerian civil defence?

Well, policeman wey kill dog,
na him brother e kill cos all of
them na for security!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Lusola15: 11:31am On Mar 27, 2013
Nigerian police d source of corruption. Reform d nigerian police and d country will change. sad
An insider told me d two officer killed were employed in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Noraokon: 11:37am On Mar 27, 2013
Op, please where is your source?
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by idupaul: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2013
taharqa: This is a very very Stu.pid and almost completely USELESS 'report'. Datz all..... Source?

I see defending evil has now become ur hallmark.. Hope when evil comes to roost in ur household U will not shout foul.. Advise no be cuss ooo

13 Likes

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by KingSolomonI: 11:42am On Mar 27, 2013
I saw the news on Leadershipng.com but it lacked any story to it...maybe they are yet to update their website or my internet did not load the story.
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by theripper2: 12:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Where pishure or source?
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
What will now become of the policeman? Even
those who are supposed to be protecting lives &
properties are the same ones destroying them.
I'm beginning to more afraid of the police than I
nurture for criminals.
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
What will now become of the policeman? Even those who are supposed to be protecting lives & properties are the same ones destroying them. I'm beginning to be more afraid of the police than I nurture for criminals.
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by pheesayor(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
Two officers of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, were ambushed and killed by police officers attached to Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation according to information relived by eyewitnesses and also confirmed with the spokesperson of the NSCDC in Lagos, Okeh Emmanuel.

Two officers involved in anti-vandal activities were fatally shot as they drove in the NSCDC operational vehicle after arresting four vandals of pipelines belonging to the NNPC after they were caught siphoning fuel.

Some officers were also injured in the attack which took place in the Ikorodu axis of Lagos.

The vandals escaped after the fatal attack leading NSDCDC officials to believe the vandals were in cahoot with the police.

A wounded officer said the vandals made several phone calls to the police officers before they opened fire on the NSCDC patrol van. A police ID card, a gun and Walkie-Talkie belonging to one Inspector Sunday Gabriel were retrieved from the scene of the attack.

The Nigerian police spokesperson in Lagos did not respond to inquiries regarding the attack.

Earlier this year, Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun publicly accused officials of NNPC of conniving with pipeline vandals to undermine the Nigerian economy through theft of petroleum product.

His outburst followed the murder of 3 NNPC engineers last September near Arepo village in Ogun state.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/policemen-attached-nnpc-kill-two-nscdc-officers-lagos-set-pipeline-vandals-free

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by quest003: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
taharqa: This is a very very Stu.pid and almost completely USELESS 'report'. Datz all..... Source?
see mumu, u re the stupip one here.

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
I wonder what their oga the top will do
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
And we will be blaming GEJ for Nigeria woes while every one is failing in his or her duties. Imagine the police force, I have always known that nothing completely good can come out of that institution
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by adexsimply(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
GOSH!!! this is soooo.........
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
The oga at the top won't be happy with this.
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by manny4life(m): 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
On seeing that it was the police, the men of the corps refused to fire single shot from their rifles but could only express sock at a sistes agency who ordinarily should assist in fighting crime and other criminality are the ones aiding them while the vandals continue to flourish in crime.

RIP to those men who died standing upright to civility, but seriously, how do u get attacked and u say you don't want to return fire? Is that some kind of sick joke or what? This is why we need state police, in cases like this, the so-called police men will be the ones on the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
The NSCDC guys should have returned fire for the sake of their fallen comrades. I trust my army boys.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by OurYansh: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2013

Blind Bat... If na to lick GEJ anus you go see am lick even with your eyes blind-folded!!

Mkpi Ghana...

angry

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
between a policeman and an armed robber, who then is actually my friend? absolutely none of them. smh
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by 1shortblackboy: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Although I find these hard to belive yet I can't put anything pass d nigerian police. evil people
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by yanni1(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
The Police are on top of the situation
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Akpaife(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nig police force is working

1 Like

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by madamebebe(f): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Eyaa sorry hoo.. but I been tink saay police and nscdc na de same tin..
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Osama10(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
The Nigerian Police.

The fear of them is the beginning of long life in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by osaroodion(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
nonsense in display
Re: Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos by Eneze1(f): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
don't be surprised the policemen might be the criminals in disguise, smh, wonders shall never end

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Aregbesola, With Ooni Of Ife Commissions Oduduwa Government High School / I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari / Lekki Rumoured Attacks On Police Is False, Mischievous - Lagos Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.