Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos (6888 Views)

200 Irregular Immigrants Arrested In Lagos / 103 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Kaduna, Face Deportation / 19,000 Illegal Immigrants Deported Over Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Idokojimmy: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
SSS arrests 20 illegal immigrants in Lagos

MARCH 27, 2013 BY FIDELIS SORIWEI AND ENIOLA AKINKUOTU 3 COMMENTS

Director-General, State Security Service, Mr. Ekpenyong Ita
| credits:
Less than a week after the arrest of some suspected terrorists, including a Chadian, in Ijora area of Lagos State, the State Security Service on Tuesday intercepted a truck conveying scores of illegal immigrants into the state and arrested them.

The PUNCH learnt that the arrest took place at the Berger area, which is a boundary spot between Lagos and Ogun states.

According to sources, the SSS arrested the occupants of the vehicle but released those who were later identified as being from northern Nigeria, while the illegal immigrants among them were transferred to the Nigerian Immigration Service.

A source at the NIS, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said, “The SSS transferred some suspected illegal immigrants to our custody today (yesterday), most of whom are from Niger Republic.

“Ever since a terror plot was uncovered last week, all security agents in the state have been arresting illegal immigrants and the Lagos borders are of utmost importance now in view of the strategic position of Lagos.”

However, it was learnt on Tuesday that the Malian illegal immigrants might not be deported due to the ongoing crisis in the West African country.

The Comptroller of the NIS, Lagos State Command, Rasheed Odupeyin, told The PUNCH that illegal Malians resident in Nigeria would be handed over to the United Nations Refugee Agency, where they will be registered.

He said while parading 92 suspected illegal aliens in Lagos, “The Malians may not be deported because of the ongoing crisis in their country, so that it will not seem as if we are sending them to their grave. They will be adjudged as refugees.”

A senior immigration officer told our correspondent that as at Tuesday evening, 18 Malians had been transferred to the UNHCR.

Also, our correspondent learnt that policemen had set up a new surveillance team at the Berger area.

A reliable source told our correspondent that the team would begin operation on Wednesday (today).

“The new unit will be different from the checkpoint that used to be there. Our major aim there is to accost suspicious vehicles, especially illegal immigrants”, the source said.

The state Director, SSS, Achu Olayi, confirmed the arrests to our correspondent on the telephone. He said the agency had noticed the influx of illegal immigrants into the state through Berger in recent times.

Meanwhile, the authorities of the Nigerian Army have handed over the terror suspects arrested at Ijora, a suburb of Lagos, on Thursday to the authorities of the SSS in Abuja.

Although, reports from the incident indicated that five of the suspects were arrested in the raid, the security agencies were silent on the number of those handed over to the SSS.

Investigations revealed that the terror suspects, who were rounded up by a team of soldiers under a special military task force in the city, Operation MESA, were immediately flown to Abuja on the directive of the Nigerian Army authorities.

http://www.punchng.com/news/sss-arrests-20-illegal-immigrants-in-lagos/
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by 1800bc(f): 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
More hydrolics to their machines!
***I wanted to say more grease to their elbows but i just figured that nobody rubs grease on his/her elbow no matter how poor you are cos grease is more expensive than vaseline so i changed my axiom!***

1 Like

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
See naija wan still dey form don.
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Akpaife(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
Abeg lock them up na boko members,boko don enter lagos
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by POLICECAP: 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
Them de look for illegal immigrants? undecided undecided

Them full every where.

1 Like

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by wellmax(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
hmmm nawaa
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Lilimax(f): 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
We have a lot of illegal immigrants everywhere in Nigeria especially in Lagos. There is a place in Ogba, lagos where we have high concentration of Ghananians, Togolese, Malians etc. They are not ready yet.
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by lefolksy(f): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nigeria a no man's land 4 immigrants 2 cme in n out witout permit,try it wit country like cameroon n see d out come,I wish d Nigeria immigratn service can strt checkng foreigners permit b4 allowing dem in2 our country dats how its been done in oda countries,kudos 2 sss.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
Oga police abeg leave them ohhhh, they just arrived from Enugu, Imo and Anambra..

Na Ladipo dem be dey go..

cheesy grin tongue
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by browncool(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Does it mean that if a terror plot wasn't uncovered last week, the Immigration services wouldn't have been doing their jobs? What is the duty of the Immigration police anyway? This is what you get in a country where there is no biometric in place to identify its citizens

1 Like

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Burger01(m): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Flush them all out and deport them back to the deserts they came from.... sad
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Capnd143(m): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lol . . . At those arrested! Maybe the are among those that promised to return! If found guilty abeg SSS should shapardly place in front of JTF firing squad.
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by UnimkeAk(m): 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=32pt] Nigerian immigration service fit useless die even to issue passport sef na case[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by pekelepekele(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Funniest thing have ever heard Nigeria arresting illegal immigrants HAHAHAHA . wetin dey dis country? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
What makes these folks illegal? Is it because they are not Nigerians or because they don't have their ECOWAS Passports on them?

1 Like

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ijogz K: Oga police abeg leave them ohhhh, they just arrived from Enugu, Imo and Anambra..

cheesy grin tongue
Those 3 states are more stable and comfortable to live than Lagos, the only reason anyone comes to Lagos, I assume is for quick bucks.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
browncool: Does it mean that if a terror plot wasn't uncovered last week, the Immigration services wouldn't have been doing their jobs? What is the duty of the Immigration police anyway? This is what you get in a country where there is no biometric in place to identify its citizens
The United states, the most sophisticated country in the world with all the biometrics you can think of has over 15million illegal immigrants. Go figure

1 Like

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by 360command: 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
please consider the arrest of illegal Chinese men who come to do illegal mining in Nigeria. Leave our west african brothers alone especially the ones who are helping the economy. the ones who want to blow our motherland , kick dem out. no joke, its high time we also look at the arrest of illegal immigrants especially the chinese
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Justice42003: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=pekelepekele][color=#000099][b]Funniest thing have ever heard Nigeria arresting illegal immigrants HAHAHAHA .

1 Like

Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by Airforce1(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lilimax: We have a lot of illegal immigrants everywhere in Nigeria especially in Lagos. There is a place in Ogba, lagos where we have high concentration of Ghananians, Togolese, Malians etc They are not ready yet.

So u too dey follow habour terrorists for lagos?

E don tey wey I don dey suspect you
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by ELgordo(m): 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
"Started from the Bottom now we huurrr" Ammo worri bout me don't give a f*uck about them!
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by YoungGame: 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
oh king pharaoh SSS let my ibos go
let my ibos go!
Oh king pharoah let my ibos go to the Promise Lagos land!!!
O king pharoah SSS.. grin

Note: Na ibo boys them be 0o..grin
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by tope24(m): 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
The last time I heard about attempted deportation in Nigeria was during the Vaswani Brothers' issue. So Naija don start to dey deport illegal immigrants.
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by ikweremilitant: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
1800bc: More hydrolics to their machines!
***I wanted to say more grease to their elbows but i just figured that nobody rubs grease on his/her elbow no matter how poor you are cos grease is more expensive than vaseline so i changed my axiom!***
I belev d malians shoud be locked up at ikoyi cemetry or better stil tie dem close to sango shrine atleast d ancestors will start frm dia
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by ikweremilitant: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ijogz K: Oga police abeg leave them ohhhh, they just arrived from Enugu, Imo and Anambra..

cheesy grin tongue
come na ibo man body una dey get mouth cmon to ginger hausas una dey call una ancestors wey done relocate to cotonu cowards
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by qhiwegh(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
How about deporting some of those Biafrans from Lagos State?

Hausaland for Hausas, Igboland for Igbos, Edo State for Binis, but why is Yorubaland for everybody?

Eko o ni baje!
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by ikweremilitant: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
360command: please consider the arrest of illegal Chinese men who come to do illegal mining in Nigeria. Leave our west african brothers alone especially the ones who are helping the economy. the ones who want to blow our motherland , kick dem out. no joke, its high time we also look at the arrest of illegal immigrants especially the chinese
atimes I wonder d age bracket that contribute in dis forum.have u ever had of any chinese being a threat to our national security.or re u deaf wen they said a good number of dis bh men re frm west africa so if dey bomb lasgidi nw una go ask for the head of security chiefs but nw dey re doing dia job ure sitting in ur cockroach investd room typng thrash.mugu
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by qhiwegh(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
ikwere militant: atimes I wonder d age bracket that contribute in dis forum.have u ever had of any chinese being a threat to our national security.or re u deaf wen they said a good number of dis bh men re frm west africa so if dey bomb lasgidi nw una go ask for the head of security chiefs but nw dey re doing dia job ure sitting in ur cockroach investd room typng thrash.mugu

There must be millions of "illegal" immigrants in 9ja, but for the most part they don't bother anyone, and they contribute to society. Deportation only takes place when they cause trouble, like terrorists from northern countries or Chinese street vendors with whom the Nigerian vendors cannot compete. But deporting Chinese investors and entrepreneurs who create jobs, albeit low-paying jobs, is a bad idea. There is barely any work in much of the country. We need more competition to increase efficiency in all sorts of economic sectors. If they can do it better and make money, they're improving the way resources, capital, and labour are managed and allocated in Nigeria.
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by ekoilee: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Billyonaire: Those 3 states are more stable and comfortable to live than Lagos, the only reason anyone comes to Lagos, I assume is for quick bucks.

very stable with killings, kidnappings and dead bodies floating in rivers all over the place.... abeg keep quiet..
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by dedons: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Abeg he get one aboki wey jst waka pass me nw.he tie sumtin 4 waist wey b lyk b*mb...

Wetin make i do
Re: 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos by dederocs(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION BETTER WAKE UP,YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IN ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS ARE OUT ON THE STREETS EVERYDAY APPREHENDING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS,YOU PEOPLE WILL SIT IN THE OFFICE GISTING AND IDLING AWAY.STOP WASTING OUR TAX PAYERS MONEY AND DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.STOP WAITING FOR THE ARMY AND POLICE TO DO YOUR JOBS FOR YOU.SO UNA NO KNOW SAY UNA GO DEY GO AFTER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TILL BOKO HARAM SCARE UNA.BLOODY MEDIOCRES,A WASTE OF OUR RESOURCES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Obasekis Beautiful Works In Edo State. / Official: Jonathan Wins Ekiti State / #IstandwithTrump Thread For Trump Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.