Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year (8117 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nigerian Government to Commission Power Projects in June
BY TALATU USMAN, 22 MARCH 2013

[size=15pt]The Federal Government has declared that it is now set to commission about TEN power plants constructed under the National Integrated Power Project, NIPP.[/size]

This was announced by the Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, alongside the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power, Godknows Igali, and the Managing Director of Niger Delta Power Holding Company, James Olootu, while briefing journalists after a meeting of the NIPP board at the Vice President's wing of the State House.

The meeting was chaired by Vice President Namadi Sambo.

Mr. Suswam also announced that the distribution, transmission and generation plants would be commissioned in phases from June this year.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201303230240.html
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by seunfly: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
We pray they should, we are tired of darkness. Anyway electricity has improved in my area, atleast i can boost of 10-15 hours per day.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
The days of power supply problems are drawing to a close.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by KGB2008: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
everyday we hear power projects are commissioned but still no light.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by nig2change: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2013
We get about 18-22 hrs of electricity now in transamadi port harcourt. Transformation agenda on course. God bless GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
nig2change: We get about 18-22 hrs of electricity now in transamadi port harcourt. Transformation agenda on course. God bless GEJ.

Propaganda! Intellectual dishonesty at its peak.

13 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
ROSSIKE: The days of power supply problems are drawing to a close.

Don't forget Obasanjo commissioned about ten of these Power Plants before he left in 2009. Commissioning does not necessrily mean power supply.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
payless:

Don't forget Obasanjo commissioned about ten of these Power Plants before he left in 2009. Commissioning does not necessrily mean power supply.

No he didn't. He began late in his administration the actual construction of these new plants after the attempts at rehabilitating the old plants failed to deliver the much needed increase in power output. Maybe you're mistaking the laying of foundation stone for commissioning. And he left power in 2007 not 2009.

19 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by biafransoul: 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
ROSSIKE:

No he didn't. He began late in his administration the actual construction of these new plants after the attempts at rehabilitating the old plants failed to deliver the much needed increase in power output. Maybe you're mistaking the laying of foundation stone for commissioning. And he left power in 2007 not 2009.
O boy, you wicked oh! See as you finish the poor guy. Anyway, nxt time, he should get himself updated before writing trash on a public forum

5 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I stand by my post. Obasanjo went to commission some of these projects in River State, Kwara State, and few other places between 2005 and 2007. As per the 2009, it was typing error on my part. Of course Obasanjo left on May 29, 2007.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 29, 2013
biafran soul:
O boy, you wicked oh! See as you finish the poor guy. Anyway, nxt time, he should get himself updated before writing trash on a public forum

What do you know? We are here to to exchange views in a civil manner.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Ola17: 1:43am On Mar 29, 2013
To be candid, I use to think that all these NIPP projects are on the pages of newspapers and the internet only, but it will be very wicked and dishonest of me not to swallow my ego and acknowledge the sharp improvement in power supply around my neighborhood. GEJ please continue embarrassing us that thought you will never do well with projects like this embarassed embarassed

I now doubt if you are as clueless and dull as I'd thought undecided undecided
God bless [s] the shoe-less and fedora-hat-wearing son of palm tapper from Otuoke [/s] GEJ cool

21 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 29, 2013
^^Funny guy. cool

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by eberejonah(f): 6:37am On Mar 29, 2013
in as much as this is perfectly unbelievable coz no be today dem start with this light topic,we pray infact i pray God touches dem to put in action thier words
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by sexyboocalher(f): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2013
F
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by momodub: 9:21am On Mar 29, 2013
ok nice 1
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by otokx(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2013
3 days non stop rocking darkness in UNIPORT yet the bills are paid.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by simongonner: 9:28am On Mar 29, 2013
at makurdi d power supply is very poor..
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by iamswizz(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2013
t
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Morkavictor: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2013
Tank God,atleast there is hope
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by chucky234(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2013
seunfly: We pray they should, we are tired of darkness. Anyway electricity has improved in my area, atleast i can boost of 10-15 hours per day.
You must be living in the heaven part of Naija,electricity 10 - 15 hours a day?
Hmmm liessssss
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by firstolalekan(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2013
Q̸̮̮̃kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥°

I don year.

Na today una start to d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ tell us dos kind tin?

Till now, no any physical improvement.

FG is so full of bul*ucking sheets.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2013
They should start with one
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by premlove(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2013
I don't know if people on nairaland are from nigeria bt for me i'm from nigeria and dis part of d country in nigeria (delta state, abrake) we usually have low current(dat is if there manage to bring it) i dont know weather u people are still experience wat im facing here undecided
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 29, 2013
GEJ keeps working despite......
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nonybb: 9:48am On Mar 29, 2013
The question is, will these NIPP project automatically eradicate the eratic power supply in the country. Wat if after commissing these projects, which the federal govt often boost and brag about, should we call it uhuru in the area of generation. Or should we commission these ones and wait if thats wats really need to argument our power sorry state. I have waited for years for somebody, perphaps one person to answer this question but none. Is the ten NIPP the answer? And wat if it is not, another promise?
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by lmay18(f): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2013
I pray the situation improve but for now power in my area in Lagos is getting worse averyday we hardly have power this days, not as bad like this before.
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by DJDOLA(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2013
yes it improve in my area...we use 2 to 3 hours light in 2days...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Nonybb: 9:52am On Mar 29, 2013
chucky234: You must be living in the heaven part of Naija,electricity 10 - 15 hours a day?
Hmmm liessssss
me i have upto 20 to 22hrs a day to be honest. I criticize constructively when i need to. And when u see the truth, show it
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by Lateef9961(m): 9:54am On Mar 29, 2013
Walai,èlectricity in awa own area has greatly improved.24hrx electricity supply
Re: FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year by thelastPope(m): 9:54am On Mar 29, 2013
otokx: 3 days non stop rocking darkness in UNIPORT yet the bills are paid.

It is bad that you have 3 days darkness but you should learn to address issues properly. You should learn how power works. That there is darkness in UNIPORT doesn't mean there is darkness in the whole of PH. It doesn't also mean other parts of Nigeria is not enjoying improved supply.

Sometimes you have to come together in the community where you live and find out what the problem is, then put serious pressure on the local DISCO to fix it. Your problem could be a feeder line, a broken down trasmission station or a bad transformer. That is not something you should come to NL or the presidency to tackle. You have to take the fight to the local DISCO. The president is not going to go round the country checking hundreds of thousands of transformers and feeder lines. Take your issues to the local DISCO and put pressure on them to get it sorted.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Second Biafra War: Radio Biafra Director Moves To Acquire Weapons (video) / 2023: Can PDP Bounce Back? / 2023: PDP Accuses APC Of Stoking Political Crisis To Stall Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.