Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines (662 Views)

Nigeria Now Has 146 Million Active Phone Lines – NCC / What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines / 11 Million Phone Lines in Nigeria (teledensity now 9.2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
WorldStage Newsonline

While investment in Nigeria’s telecommunication industry has grown to $25 billion, active lines are said to be well over 113 million as against about 450,000 and $500 million investment portfolio in the year 2000.

The figure for the active lines according to the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), Dr. Eugene Juwah is still growing.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=7995&catid=31

This statistic had me wondering about that World Bank claim that ''80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day''.

That claim doesn't tally with the existence of 113 million phone accounts in the country unless you're telling me phone now costs under a dollar to buy, top up and maintain! Not to mention expenditure on food, clothing, transport etc.

From the stats, almost 70% of Nigerians own a phone.

Or am I missing something?
Re: Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by KingSolomonI: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Amongst this 113 million, have the farmers being projected for mobile phones by government been included in this statistics?
Re: Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by Tolexander: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Thanks to OLUSEGUN AREMU OKIKIOLA MATTHEW OBASANJO!

Only me self dey use 10 sims depending on which network gat promo or cheat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
King Solomon I: Amongst this 113 million, have the farmers being projected for mobile phones by government been included in this statistics?

You'll be surprised that those farmers actually have their phones already and don't need govt phone!
Re: Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by vizboy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by walcolm(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2013
i dont think having a phone means you're well off unless you're still one of those who think a phone is a status symbol

apart from a good chunk of those 113m active lines inclusive of individuals who own multiples lines, the ones owned by those who live on $2 or less a day doesnt require daily maintenance. in this day and age, to keep a phone line active only requires you to receive at least on sms over a 90day period. with the barrage of sms advertising, its almost impossible for any line ever activated to become dormant
Re: Nigeria Has 113 Million Active Phone Lines by Daniel058(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2013
ROSSIKE: WorldStage Newsonline

While investment in Nigeria’s telecommunication industry has grown to $25 billion, active lines are said to be well over 113 million as against about 450,000 and $500 million investment portfolio in the year 2000.

The figure for the active lines according to the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), Dr. Eugene Juwah is still growing.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=7995&catid=31

This statistic had me wondering about that World Bank claim that ''80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day''.

That claim doesn't tally with the existence of 113 million phone accounts in the country unless you're telling me phone now costs under a dollar to buy, top up and maintain! Not to mention expenditure on food, clothing, transport etc.

From the stats, almost 70% of Nigerians own a phone.

Or am I missing something?

forgeting that many internet users have simcard of all network in Nigeria .

(1) (Reply)

What Is PHABLET ? / Samsung Focus 2 With Windows 8 Available / Glo Bbz10 Rocks With No Access point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.